Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

Who dey think gonna beat dem Bengos!
If a target wasn't on this program before, it sure as poo poo is now. After suffering a lifetime through a declining Dooley, Ray Goff, Jim Donnan, followed by some soul-crushing losses under Richt, to now with what Kirby has here, I just hope it's not the true cost of Natty's.
I really don't know how to feel about this one. It all seems really wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Alabama (football)'s body count-to-titles ratio remains 0/6

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

GD_American posted:

Alabama (football)'s body count-to-titles ratio remains 0/6

sec men's basketball title banners fly forever

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

From god’s lips 2 ur eyez:

https://twitter.com/largeelyphants/status/1631344856726478864

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Nick Saban afraid of Tennesse and LSU

https://twitter.com/NOLAnews/status/1631718592134750225

quote:

“They said they did a 10-year whatever,” the coach says. “Well, some of those years, Tennessee wasn’t as good as they’ve been in the previous 10 years, but now they are as good as they used to be before those 10 years.

“We got three teams and two of them are in the Top 10 and the other is in the Top 10 a lot,” Saban adds. “Look historically over a 25-year history, and the three best teams in the East are Georgia, Tennessee and Florida. You look historically at 25 years, Alabama, LSU and Auburn are the three best teams in the West. So we’re playing them all.”

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

quote:

The SEC’s exact 10-year metric is unclear. But using league records from 2013–’22, the top half-finishers in winning percentage are Alabama (88.8), Georgia (79), Oklahoma (78.2), LSU (63.4), Florida (57.3), Texas (54.3), Auburn (53.6) and Texas A&M (53). The bottom half is Missouri (47.5), Mississippi State (46.3), Ole Miss (44.4), Tennessee and South Carolina (both 41.4), Kentucky (39), Arkansas (25.6) and Vanderbilt (19.7). Big 12 records were used for Oklahoma and Texas. Presumably, those in the top half of the conference over the past decade will play two other teams in the top half and one in the bottom half. Those in the bottom half will play two in the bottom and one in the top half.

I don't know how else they'd have calculated conference records for OU but lol :negative:

Also Saban sounds like the schedules are a done deal? When the hell do us plebs get to know?

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Judgy Fucker posted:

I don't know how else they'd have calculated conference records for OU but lol :negative:

Also Saban sounds like the schedules are a done deal? When the hell do us plebs get to know?

This makes it sound like Tennessee's 3 would be Kentucky, Vandy and Alabama, which is fine. Idk why we'd get paired with anyone else from the bottom group

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Joey Freshwater posted:

This makes it sound like Tennessee's 3 would be Kentucky, Vandy and Alabama, which is fine. Idk why we'd get paired with anyone else from the bottom group

And if that schedule weighting is true, I'm gonna guess OU gets Texas and A&M? I wouldn't mind playing Aggie every year but I really was hoping for Arkansas and Mizzou.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Judgy Fucker posted:

And if that schedule weighting is true, I'm gonna guess OU gets Texas and A&M? I wouldn't mind playing Aggie every year but I really was hoping for Arkansas and Mizzou.

That makes the most sense. I'd rather have Florida than Kentucky but I get why they're doing it. Those are the 3 we have the longest history with.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

I’m also not a fan.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
10 years of easy schedule hell yeah lets gooooooooooooooooooo

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Can’t confirm, but my old man sent me this:

https://twitter.com/RossDellenger/status/1631723095667998725?s=20

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Not official

https://twitter.com/RossDellenger/status/1631736337119301632

For one, that OU-Florida match looks loving weird

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Kentucky's schedule makes no sense. Why would they break up the Tennessee Kentucky game for South Carolina in both team's schedules

e:
UT/UK have played 118 times
UT/SCAR have played 41 times
UK/SCAR have played 34 times

e2: I like this one better

https://twitter.com/barnerhater/status/1631723947287879688?s=20

Joey Freshwater fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Mar 3, 2023

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Auburn getting Bama and Georgia but also Vandy is the ultimate competitive balance pick

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Auburn getting Bama and Georgia but also Vandy is the ultimate competitive balance pick

lol idk how you break up either of those games but adding Vandy is pretty good yeah

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
I like that second one. I don't want any of those first games as a Kentucky fan. I do want Tennessee, despite the lopsided history. I like Vandy and Missouri better than Miss St. and SC. Please don't gently caress this up SEC.

I wonder though, are they leaking possible combinations to get fan reactions?

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Losing annual Tennessee and LSU games really loving sucks

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

I liked Shutdown Fullcasts idea that instead of making every school have three rivals, each school should submit a list of rivals and if two schools match then they play every year.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Someone has the wherewithal and time to put this together but not know that Bedlam is dead

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

LeeMajors posted:

Losing annual Tennessee and LSU games really loving sucks

I’d much rather than Florida than Kentucky but can totally see why they’d keep that matchup. Bama and Vandy are two that aren’t gonna go away I don’t think

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
South Carolina over Kentucky, the gently caress are they smoking

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
I really would like to keep Arkansas going so my ideal list for A&M is Texas (non-negotiable in that I will simply quit watching CFB if they don't make this happen), Arky and I don't care

LSU would substitute for Arkansas fine I suppose

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

AJC is going HARD at UGA now. drat! What's hilarious is they also operate dawgnation.com. It's classic selling to both sides :jerkbag:

Stanley Tucheetos
May 15, 2012

Florida - Oklahoma is just a weird match up. Outside of the national championship 15 years ago and a bowl game I can't think of any history between the two.

I'm not exactly looking forward to mizzou either but I get it. They at least have played around hundred games against each other even if the record is lopsided and was never an actual rival.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

I’d rather have LSU or Tennessee than SC. They’re only a “rival” because of Spurrier.

OU might eventually be interesting, but I don’t give a poo poo obviously. Congrats on their yearly W from us, I guess.

I’m just sort of ambivalent, but Gator football isn’t giving me much reason to be anything but.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Stanley Tucheetos posted:

Florida - Oklahoma is just a weird match up. Outside of the national championship 15 years ago and a bowl game I can't think of any history between the two.

I'm not exactly looking forward to mizzou either but I get it. They at least have played around hundred games against each other even if the record is lopsided and was never an actual rival.

Yeah two proposed slates posted today and they both have Florida-OU and I'm baffled as to why. Surely Arkansas or A&M make more sense there.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Florida and Oklahoma is gonna get a ton of eyeballs every time.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Stanley Tucheetos posted:

Florida - Oklahoma is just a weird match up. Outside of the national championship 15 years ago and a bowl game I can't think of any history between the two

Well, there's the genocide of the Seminoles, but that's about it. Oh and the Stoops connection

LeeMajors posted:

OU might eventually be interesting, but I don’t give a poo poo obviously. Congrats on their yearly W from us, I guess.

Don't put that schooner before the ponies. I can totally envision this becoming a heated rivalry of two schools with pretensions just struggling to get to 9 wins.

I'm super unenthused about playing Florida annually but the Florida posters here are cool and that genuinely makes it a bit better.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Does South Carolina have rivals aside from Clemson?

Or I guess that SC fans consider rivals in the SEC anyway? I feel like most teams have rivals and SC and Mizzou are just kinda there in the East.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Judgy Fucker posted:

I can totally envision this becoming a heated rivalry of two schools with pretensions just struggling to get to 9 wins.

But you’ve already got Texas

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

LeeMajors posted:

:thurman:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

LeeMajors posted:

poo poo, you think we can reliably get to 8 wins? Texas is back baby

Stanley Tucheetos
May 15, 2012

Judgy Fucker posted:

Well, there's the genocide of the Seminoles, but that's about it. Oh and the Stoops connection

Don't put that schooner before the ponies. I can totally envision this becoming a heated rivalry of two schools with pretensions just struggling to get to 9 wins.

I'm super unenthused about playing Florida annually but the Florida posters here are cool and that genuinely makes it a bit better.

That's a good way to put it. Any match up will be more interesting than what we had in the big 12. OU can't really afford to be picky since the only teams we have history with is Texas and Mizzou and no one cares about the latter.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

We did play A&M for a quarter-century, but it's been a decade. Ready to avenge that Cotton Bowl loss

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
For A&M I think Texas, Arkansas, LSU is the dream slate. I’d think Arkansas would be happy to get both Texas and A&M since they’d basically be guaranteed a game in Texas every year.

Azrial
Apr 26, 2002

Coach, how did we beat Tennessee this year? The same way Vanderbilt did.
While I would be ecstatic keeping Tennessee for South Carolina that doesn't really make a lot of sense. I assumed they wouldn't be in our slate, it's a family rivalry for me but I don't think either side is die hard about it in general.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

Joey Freshwater posted:

Does South Carolina have rivals aside from Clemson?

Or I guess that SC fans consider rivals in the SEC anyway? I feel like most teams have rivals and SC and Mizzou are just kinda there in the East.

The Mayor's Cup, King of the Columbias!

Azrial
Apr 26, 2002

Coach, how did we beat Tennessee this year? The same way Vanderbilt did.

Mike_V posted:

The Mayor's Cup, King of the Columbias!

The Georgia game is probably the most important for us, it was always week 2 and decided how the season was going to go. Obviously Georgia doesn't view us as a rival but they hated that game in week two cause we would occasionally gently caress poo poo up for them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

Azrial posted:

The Georgia game is probably the most important for us, it was always week 2 and decided how the season was going to go. Obviously Georgia doesn't view us as a rival but they hated that game in week two cause we would occasionally gently caress poo poo up for them.

Spur Dog haunted me for a great many years. Goddamnit I still gotta respect the guy.