Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

I said come in! posted:

Yeah, it was still better than Outer Wilds too. Excited for the sequel.

Mods?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
https://twitter.com/austin_walker/status/806390745330499586

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Outer Wilds didn't have any smgs, iirc. So. In terms of smgs, yes Outer Worlds was the better game

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
this thread - and by extension forum - can forget how deep into the hobby we all are so I appreciate I said come in! keeping us grounded by reminding everyone what your average content hog wants to see fill their trough

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

pictured: a content hog

rox
Sep 7, 2016

Saint Freak posted:

The first time I put FF7Remake into my PS5 it automatically gave me every trophy I earned on the PS4, which meant it took ~50 screenshots and videos of the start screen.

lol

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

cheetah7071 posted:

thank you for posting this good hog

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I hate that cops are called pigs. Pigs are great

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Pigs are too smart to be attached to cops, what’s the dumbest animal? Turkeys are pretty stupid but that’s taken

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
The dumbest animal is a police officer.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Relax Or DIE posted:

this thread - and by extension forum - can forget how deep into the hobby we all are so I appreciate I said come in! keeping us grounded by reminding everyone what your average content hog wants to see fill their trough

Literally yelped with laughter

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Outer Worlds would have been perceived a bit better if it didn't pretend to be an RPG. I mean the writing would still be dogshit but at least it wouldn't have a bunch of useless systems attached to it!

My dad who barely pays attention to anything in games he plays, got to the last boss without spending a single skill point or anything cuz he didn't know it had RPG elements. None of it mattered!

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Didd your dad have fun cause ultimately that's kinda the only thing that "matters"

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Didd your dad have fun cause ultimately that's kinda the only thing that "matters"

I mean, he did. My point was just that the RPG elements of it were completely superfluous.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Sounds like an entertaining challenge run, does your dad stream?

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
Outer Worlds might have been fine if it was a linear shooter with a sequence of stages instead of pretending to be even remotely open world or player-influenced. As far as I know there's literally nothing in the entire game that you won't see if you just collect all the quests in the main towns and follow their waypoints. Exploration outside of that is completely pointless. The RPG elements were terribly implemented as well, the perks were useless and by the end of the game I wasn't even bothering to spend the points.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
Is Outer Worlds the one where plot-important NPCs were dying because the conversation system made them eternally climb ladders?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Outer Worlds would have been perceived a bit better if it didn't pretend to be an RPG. I mean the writing would still be dogshit but at least it wouldn't have a bunch of useless systems attached to it!

My dad who barely pays attention to anything in games he plays, got to the last boss without spending a single skill point or anything cuz he didn't know it had RPG elements. None of it mattered!

Hahaha that's actually kind of rad. I kind of just avoided combat as much as I could when I played before quitting.

Trying to think longest I've played a game while just happening to ignore a major system. I think I was like 10 hours into God of War before I realized how to upgrade my skills or weapons or whatever. There were just starting to be enemies I literally couldn't defeat because they'd Regen health after a while way faster than I could dish it out.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I mean, he did. My point was just that the RPG elements of it were completely superfluous.

Out of curiosity, as someone who hasn't played the game, how much easier would have spending all his talent points made the game for him?

Also good job Dad

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Infinitum posted:

Out of curiosity, as someone who hasn't played the game, how much easier would have spending all his talent points made the game for him?

Also good job Dad

Honestly I'm not sure. I only beat the first two planets myself before quitting because I hated the writing, but the actual benefits you get from investing skill points were pretty minor all things considered, that I can remember at least.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Thank games it's friday :D

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

who the gently caress is in here saying Outer Worlds is better than Outer Wilds, I'm furious

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!
I played Nier Automata for about 8 hours with only one weapon equipped so basically was just punching enemies when I pressed the heavy attack button. Game got alot easier when I filled both slots!

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I think Wo Long is finally going to be the game to bring my 1070 to its knees... even at minimum effects and knocking down the resolution i'm still getting massive slowdown --- which uh i guess helps with me timing parries lol but is not great

I suppose I could play it on PS5...

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

HopperUK posted:

who the gently caress is in here saying Outer Worlds is better than Outer Wilds, I'm furious

I'll say it (because I haven't and won't play Outer Wilds)

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

HopperUK posted:

I'm just gonna assume they got it backwards

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!

HopperUK posted:

It was the one poster who liked Babylon's Fall so

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Need to do some gaming this weekend

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Well, God give them wisdom that have it; and those that are fools, let them use their talents.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

cheetah7071 posted:

what a happy boy :3:

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Attention :gaming:

Costco is currently selling $50 Nintendo gift cards for 20% off. $40 each, limit 2 per customer. I have been told that these gift cards can be redeemed for Nintendo Vouchers which are $99.98. I am going to be testing this tonight, but I see no reason why it shouldn't work.

https://www.costco.com/nintendo-eshop-%252450-digital-card-.product.100431276.html

https://www.nintendo.com/store/products/nintendo-switch-game-vouchers/

This means that you can purchase Tears of the Kingdom ($70) and another game (up to $60) for $80 total, which is quite a savings. I'm going to get Zelda and Pikman 4 for $40 each. I'm practically losing money by not doing this! Tell your spouse that there is a "sale on money" at the moment if you need to, but get in on this deal!

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Propaganda Hour posted:

Attention :gaming:

Costco is currently selling $50 Nintendo gift cards for 20% off. $40 each, limit 2 per customer. I have been told that these gift cards can be redeemed for Nintendo Vouchers which are $99.98. I am going to be testing this tonight, but I see no reason why it shouldn't work.

https://www.costco.com/nintendo-eshop-%252450-digital-card-.product.100431276.html

https://www.nintendo.com/store/products/nintendo-switch-game-vouchers/

This means that you can purchase Tears of the Kingdom ($70) and another game (up to $60) for $80 total, which is quite a savings. I'm going to get Zelda and Pikman 4 for $40 each. I'm practically losing money by not doing this! Tell your spouse that there is a "sale on money" at the moment if you need to, but get in on this deal!

I'm struggling because I want Tears physical, but on the other hand, I know that there will be an update or two and I'd rather have the physical be finished.... dammit. I'll probably do this. It's dumb not to, and I really want the first Zelda hurdle warriors game and it's out of print and digitally it's $60, so I could get both games for $80. Ugh, that's a great deal.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Khanstant posted:

Hahaha that's actually kind of rad. I kind of just avoided combat as much as I could when I played before quitting.

Trying to think longest I've played a game while just happening to ignore a major system. I think I was like 10 hours into God of War before I realized how to upgrade my skills or weapons or whatever. There were just starting to be enemies I literally couldn't defeat because they'd Regen health after a while way faster than I could dish it out.

I never learned what those floating balls in Xenoblade Chronicles 2 are supposed to do.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Hector Delgado posted:

I played Nier Automata for about 8 hours with only one weapon equipped so basically was just punching enemies when I pressed the heavy attack button. Game got alot easier when I filled both slots!

You can have two weapons equipped? Do you mean on the Pod?

Handsome Wife
Feb 17, 2001

You use separate swords for your light and heavy attacks - if you don’t have a second equipped you use your fists for your heavy attack.

I’m playing for the first time and discovered that today, but it is very unintuitive.

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!

Gripweed posted:

You can have two weapons equipped? Do you mean on the Pod?

Your light attack used what weapon was slotted in the primary slot and you either could slot the same weapon or different one in the secondary. Light attacks used the primary, heavy the secondary. I had nothing in the secondary.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The Good Life had like at least 5 different systems that I either did not interact with or only acknowledged when I was forced to.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Game has a whole rear end farming and cooking and hungrr system and I just bought the general store out of bread and potatoes and that did me for most of the game.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah because those systems were insanely boring and grindy to actually engage with

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I just wanted to solve a loving murder and the game didn't even let me do that until the DLC comes out.