Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Dienes posted:

Can we trade Mayim for Fry?

I'd settle for Phillip J Fry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One
Why do we need to trade? We have a perfectly serviceable host here. Just have Call Me Kat move to London for ... reasons and call it a day.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Island Nation posted:

Why do we need to trade? We have a perfectly serviceable host here. Just have Call Me Kat move to London for ... reasons and call it a day.

Ken and Fry would be delightful dueling hosts. Let me dream.

Albino Squirrel
Apr 25, 2003

Miosis more like meiosis

Dienes posted:

A Bit of Fry and Jennings

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

Dienes posted:

Sure. I'll dream of a American QI in the meantime (Yes, I know Fry left it).

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Life would be simple in the forest except for Cyril Sneer. And his life would be simple except for The Raccoons.
Omg this is painful to watch

How are they missing so many easy questions :catstare:

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Cyril Sneer posted:

Omg this is painful to watch

How are they missing so many easy questions :catstare:

The contestant on the right laughing after pretty much every clue pick and every answer given drove me nuts.

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."

Dienes posted:

Can we trade Mayim for Fry?

That's right, The Rover's Return Inn from Coronation Street.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I lost it at how aghast Mayim sounded by the contestant's guess of "A Boogie Wit Da Hoodie."

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

Poque posted:

I lost it at how aghast Mayim sounded by the contestant's guess of "A Boogie Wit Da Hoodie."

So did we, to the point that we missed the correct response and had to back it up 30 seconds.

Then we lost it all over again at a real, legitimate, correct response on Jeopardy being "Earl Sweatshirt".

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.

Poque posted:

I never felt older than when i had to look up if this was a real person in the middle of the game.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

FrumpleOrz posted:

I never felt older than when i had to look up if this was a real person in the middle of the game.

Not even when the same contestant talked about collecting old things, like CDs and DVDs?

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

BaronVonVaderham posted:

So did we, to the point that we missed the correct response and had to back it up 30 seconds.

Then we lost it all over again at a real, legitimate, correct response on Jeopardy being "Earl Sweatshirt".

earl rules!

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

https://i.imgur.com/hMUQQ74.mp4

A Big Dark Yak
Dec 28, 2007
It's only the end of the world.

What in god's name was the clue there?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

lmao it's even better than I remember. The contestant's absolute look of horror.

A Big Dark Yak posted:

What in god's name was the clue there?

RAPPERS: "He's seen here actually in a hoodie around the time of 'Doris', his major label debut album"

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

She is especially giggly and falsetto-voiced tonight.

Did she not know that 'SNL' is short for Saturday Night Live?!

F_Shit_Fitzgerald fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Mar 2, 2023

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Poque posted:

Not even when the same contestant talked about collecting old things, like CDs and DVDs?

Thank god I skip past the interviews or I would've turned to dust...

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One
Welp, A dumb murder trial cut off the show here, let's hear from the winner from Reddit:

The Winner posted:

Hi all, Caleb here 🙃 Wanted to comment before the thread got full- Thanks to everyone in the J! Community for watching and/or participating. First, I just wanted to say that for all of us in the HSRT, the best part of being back in LA was getting to hang out with these people we’ve known for over 4 years. Obviously this game went well for me, but what the audience doesn’t see is the 2 days of waiting through 8 other quarterfinals that Hannah, Maggie, and I went through and how all that waiting really gives nerves a time to fester. Also, I’m pretty sick of all this anti-Mayim talk. Of course, one can have favorites or express criticism, but disliking the game can be a self fulfilling prophecy for people who excessively hating on Mayim. I found her lovely, calming, and professional. I’m sure any of the other HSRT contestants would say the same. Once again, thanks for loving this show that I grew up with! -C

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

Urge to swirlie...rising

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Caleb comes across to me like the mischievous kid who kisses up to the teacher to stay out of trouble.

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

His need to have odd wager numbers was far too precious.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

Island Nation posted:

Welp, A dumb murder trial cut off the show here, let's hear from the winner from Reddit:

What up fellow Florida man. I have no idea what that trial was even for but I feel like that is not an emergency that necessitates interrupting a show like that.

Harry Privates
Oct 10, 2007
Blossom was especially bad today so it’s even funnier to see the contestants response.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Caleb comes across to me like the mischievous kid who kisses up to the teacher to stay out of trouble.

"You forgot to give us homework!"

Cognac McCarthy posted:

Urge to swirlie...rising

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

BaronVonVaderham posted:

What up fellow Florida man. I have no idea what that trial was even for but I feel like that is not an emergency that necessitates interrupting a show like that.

You're off by over 1000 miles Baron but my great aunt did live in your neck of the woods until her death.

The trial is barely worth local coverage much less national but CourtTV/48 Hours/Dateline/ 20/20 have to fill up hours of programming and this was catnip. They'll interrupt Jeopardy 10 times out of 10 for a juicy real life soap opera.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

Island Nation posted:

You're off by over 1000 miles Baron but my great aunt did live in your neck of the woods until her death.

The trial is barely worth local coverage much less national but CourtTV/48 Hours/Dateline/ 20/20 have to fill up hours of programming and this was catnip. They'll interrupt Jeopardy 10 times out of 10 for a juicy real life soap opera.

Wow, I thought that had to be another local thing like when Casey Anthony killed her baby. Definitely doesn't warrant national coverage.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

BaronVonVaderham posted:

Wow, I thought that had to be another local thing like when Casey Anthony killed her baby. Definitely doesn't warrant national coverage.

Casey Anthony didn't kill her baby, she's too hot!!!

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009

BaronVonVaderham posted:

They really wanted it to be the new OJ trial. The stuff around the case does seem pretty crazy and worth a mention for True Crime circles. I missed the start so I've only gotten scraps of it, waiting for somebody to put together a real retrospective without the rumors and mess. But yeah, weirdly funny to hear afternoon news gushing about how the defense had done a great job and that it might be a real nailbiter only for the jury to shrug and say "Well, they're not buying us dinner so let's just wrap it up. He obviously did it" after a few hours. News must be pissed that they lost out on days of speculation.

Also contestant response is super annoying because if anything it's been the opposite for me. I keep telling myself that I'm overreacting and then when she comes back she just sucks so much as a host, even if I'm fair and say that it's also the writers just struggling to help her.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Parakeet vs. Phone posted:

Also contestant response is super annoying because if anything it's been the opposite for me. I keep telling myself that I'm overreacting and then when she comes back she just sucks so much as a host, even if I'm fair and say that it's also the writers just struggling to help her.

Contestant: "Who is Oprah?"

Mayim:"...
Yes, Oprah Winfrey"

No, the other Oprah.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Poque posted:

lmao it's even better than I remember. The contestant's absolute look of horror.

I don't think anyone can make Jeopardy more cringe inducing than Mayim manages.

FrumpleOrz posted:

His need to have odd wager numbers was far too precious.

I liked when Mayim called 10,018 a "multiple of 18".

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Oh man that story today about having a crush on her because she's a "rEaL sCiEnToSt" was just lol

totally losing my mime
Aug 3, 2012

The quiet can scrape
All the calm from your bones.
But maybe it should.
Maybe we need to be hollowed
To get up and grow,
And stop fucking around,
To kick off our braces and start straightening out
Fun Shoe

The Mighty Moltres posted:

Contestant: "Who is Oprah?"

Mayim:"...
Yes, Oprah Winfrey"

No, the other Oprah.

Gotta love also clarifying that Benedict Cumberbatch playing Dr. Strange, it's such a common name

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

totally losing my mime posted:

Gotta love also clarifying that Benedict Cumberbatch playing Dr. Strange, it's such a common name

:smug:

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

I am really enjoying this tournament, though.
It's fun to see these kids who did super well in their original run be just as good, if not better, years later.

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Something about Jackson rubs me the wrong way, like with a scouring pad.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

The Mighty Moltres hit the nail on the head: he's a real life Martin Prince.

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

How are the various Oranges a reasonable Jeopardy clue?

e. lol Phyllis Schlafly

RoastBeef fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Mar 4, 2023

dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer

FrumpleOrz posted:

Something about Jackson rubs me the wrong way, like with a scouring pad.

He's my favorite of all the contestants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

I also like Jackson and hope he wins.