Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Weka posted:

Hey I'm trying to be nice.

true. you could have added "mods in China" on the right side if you wanted to be mean.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
https://twitter.com/trashman_coming/status/1631393494169165825?s=20

people being terrified by tiktok is so drat funny

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Chamale posted:

a million people died in two months.

covid thread people get a weird psychic pleasure from imagining the misery and suffering of others

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

mawarannahr posted:

lmao what economic model is this. advanced neoliberal colonialism technique?

i love how these articles always avoid asking the fundamental questions

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

fits my needs posted:

the little figurines are children too?

i believe in this case the big figure is the manchild

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

Cerebral Bore posted:

i believe in this case the big figure is the manchild

if the children dont turn out you just drown them in alcohol and start again

unlike real parenthood when you drown yourself in alcohol and you can never begin again

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

it's good that china is releasing more infographics to explain their political systems to westerners.

also lol @ this:

https://twitter.com/RnaudBertrand/status/1631152691564142592?s=20

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
Lol NPCs

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

quote:

Since China is an authoritarian country,[12][13][14] the NPC has been described as a rubber stamp legislature[15][16][17] or as only being able to affect issues of low sensitivity and salience to the Chinese regime.[14] According to Rory Truex, NPC "deputies convey citizen grievances but shy away from sensitive political issues, and the government in turn displays partial responsiveness to their concerns."[14] According to the New York Times, the NPC "is a carefully crafted pageant intended to convey the image of a transparent, responsive government."[18] One of the NPC's members, Hu Xiaoyan, told the BBC in 2009 that she has no power to help her constituents. She was quoted as saying, "As a parliamentary representative, I don't have any real power."[19]

Since China is an authoritarian country,[12][13][14]

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

doesnt biden tell us that as president he doesnt have any real power like every other week at this point

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
partial responsiveness sounds amazing

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

crepeface posted:

well do you have citations of your own?

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

AnimeIsTrash posted:

dont post here

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Weka posted:

New third option just for you.

This is like cow tools for me

ModernMajorGeneral
Jun 25, 2010

crepeface posted:

quote:

only being able to affect issues of low sensitivity and salience to the Chinese regime

Good thing liberal parliamentary democracy has fixed this problem

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
>politely write a letter to parliament telling them to fix the dang potholes
>they get fixed

wtf? This isn't democracy!

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Does Liberal Democracy have an amswer to whose in charge anymore besides your landlord? Every level of government routinely professes they are powerless to help anyone, but not to punish everytime something happens

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

KomradeX posted:

Does Liberal Democracy have an amswer to whose in charge anymore besides your landlord? Every level of government routinely professes they are powerless to help anyone, but not to punish everytime something happens

the obama tweet where he points to a cloth face mask he is wearing that has the word VOTE printed on it

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
authoritarianism is when a government does things to benefit its citizens and democracy is when it does things to benefit capital, bing bong so simple

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

hersh!
https://twitter.com/CGTNOfficial/status/1631799112025661440

https://twitter.com/CGTNOfficial/status/1631786828238815232

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Sy Hersh ftw

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

some counternarrative for balance 🙏
https://twitter.com/EliotHiggins/status/1631207259987386369

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

hes such a little turd

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
to be fair brown moses is kinda useful in a sort of reverse cassandra way

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

the bitcoin of weed posted:

I don't think a million people died in two months anywhere in the world

Not So Fast posted:

The figure of a million dead isn't far off what people were predicting, but outside some massive pressure on hospitals in Beijing and Shanghai the outbreak doesn't seem to have been that bad. I believe the official final figure was 89K, figures like a million come from Western modelling of what they think happened based on the infection rate and number of reported cases.

indigi posted:

covid thread people get a weird psychic pleasure from imagining the misery and suffering of others

Peking University estimated in mid-January that 900 million people had been infected. With an optimistic 0.1% infection fatality rate, that would be 900,000 deaths. China's official death statistics are completely cooked. They were one of the last countries treating covid with due seriousness, and when they stopped, a million people died. It's important to acknowledge when talking about the current situation in China.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

on my lai
https://twitter.com/nkulw/status/1631022771013668865

bully the kids

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Chamale posted:

Peking University estimated in mid-January that 900 million people had been infected. With an optimistic 0.1% infection fatality rate, that would be 900,000 deaths. China's official death statistics are completely cooked. They were one of the last countries treating covid with due seriousness, and when they stopped, a million people died. It's important to acknowledge when talking about the current situation in China.

and to think, the survivors all have airborne aids and brain damage

etc etc

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

if u wanna make someone stick hard to a belief until their grave, bully them ruthlessly about it. they will either defensively never give up their original position or, if the bullying takes, let that moment define a turning point.

bullying works, watch whiplash

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Regarde Aduck posted:

and to think, the survivors all have airborne aids and brain damage

etc etc

Yup, it's real bad!

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

AnimeIsTrash posted:

hes such a little turd

Cerebral Bore posted:

to be fair brown moses is kinda useful in a sort of reverse cassandra way

I just quote this all day long, from the UK foreign office

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

lol

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
There's a reason that writing propaganda is such a common career track for failchildren. It's easy to do, and being stupid, credulous and prejudiced makes you better at it.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

So does this loving Dork have an idea wbo did it?

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

crepeface posted:

it's good that china is releasing more infographics to explain their political systems to westerners.

also lol @ this:

https://twitter.com/RnaudBertrand/status/1631152691564142592?s=20

imagine getting a timely response from the government lmfao

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

https://mobile.twitter.com/EliotHiggins/status/1631297814037770241

what a dumb prick lol

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

Chamale posted:

Dang didn't know that China can just hide 1 million deaths in a closet despite every possible ghoul looking for stacks of bodies to parade and smartphones being everywhere in China.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Danann posted:

Dang didn't know that China can just hide 1 million deaths in a closet despite every possible ghoul looking for stacks of bodies to parade and smartphones being everywhere in China.

Not that I think its that bad in China, but easily 3 million died in the US and people still say its just a cold

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

KomradeX posted:

Not that I think its that bad in China, but easily 3 million died in the US and people still say its just a cold

Yeah but the US also keeps pumping out articles about labor shortages so even with a completely servile media it still has indirect effects on society that can be observed.