Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Winterbite is insane

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

RADIAL MAST

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

Junkenstein posted:

That bit in the last mission where you defend the veil with Caiatl should be its own mode.

That part was awesome, and more people should be talking about it.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Saw that the warlock arm that gives an extra melee attack doesn't work for Strand and according to some googling, it's known and won't be fixed until...Next season? How is that acceptable lol

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Pretty sure that's one of Xur's exotics this week too. Lol

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

magiccarpet posted:

Pretty sure that's one of Xur's exotics this week too. Lol

It is, I bought it and saw it didn't work which got me to look it up.

elpaganoescapa
Aug 13, 2014
Destiny lately seems to have fallen to a trend I see increasing among a lot of new media, that is, writers who don't seem to know very much about or even actually like the property they're writing for and just use it as a stepping stone to do what they actually like.

I mean, I know it's just a job and people aren't obliged to be passionate about a job, but ideally as a company you would try to find people who are both good writers and also love the world and lore of your property

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

victrix posted:

Winterbite is insane

I'm working on the quest to unlock it, go on

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of

elpaganoescapa posted:

Destiny lately seems to have fallen to a trend I see increasing among a lot of new media, that is, writers who don't seem to know very much about or even actually like the property they're writing for and just use it as a stepping stone to do what they actually like.

I mean, I know it's just a job and people aren't obliged to be passionate about a job, but ideally as a company you would try to find people who are both good writers and also love the world and lore of your property

Weird how you blame the writers instead of the meddling management ghouls who are almost always the source of bad everything.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

You know that guardian rank step that has you do 3 nightfalls and unlocks some sorts of armor mods? I can't figure out what if anything that unlocked.

ptroll
Sep 8, 2011

If you started the season at rank 6, you already have everything unlocked.

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Finished the Legendary campaign solo last night, what an ordeal. Died about 8 times each to the blender boss and Calus.

If I didn't have the crutch of Warlock strand melee to lean on, I'd have been utterly screwed

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Are my in-game Builds just given a name and icon at random? Is there any way to re-roll the name and icon? I saved my Strand PvE Loadout that has Void Weapons, six times, and the six loadouts were like "Arc" and "Crucible" and "Epsilon"

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
On PC when you highlight a loadout is pops out with the details and at the top right of that there are hotkeys for how to change the name, colour and icon.

Have fun figuring out the terrible UI of THAT if it exists.

And yes, I think it just gives a random selection for each new loadout you make.

Additionally, is there a way to delete loadouts that I haven't found yet?

elpaganoescapa
Aug 13, 2014

life_source posted:

Weird how you blame the writers instead of the meddling management ghouls who are almost always the source of bad everything.

It's obvious management is ultimately at fault, but the different teams at Bungie seem to have a lot of freedom and independence (up to a point). The teams that handle gameplay and landscape design are still doing a stellar job, but the team doing the writing isn't. Somebody wrote this expansion and it wasn't management but I agree they should have stepped in

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

life_source posted:

On PC when you highlight a loadout is pops out with the details and at the top right of that there are hotkeys for how to change the name, colour and icon.

And yes, I think it just gives a random selection for each new loadout you make.

On console if you hover over the loadout you can change its name, icon, and color with the dpad. Not sure if there is a UI callout for this, I learned it from Reddit

life_source
May 11, 2008

elpaganoescapa posted:

It's obvious management is ultimately at fault, but the different teams at Bungie seem to have a lot of freedom and independence (up to a point). The teams that handle gameplay and landscape design are still doing a stellar job, but the team doing the writing isn't. Somebody wrote this expansion and it wasn't management but I agree they should have stepped in

life_source posted:

Hypnobeard
Sep 15, 2004

Obey the Beard

life_source posted:

On PC < is left arrow key and > is right arrow key. I can't remember the color change key if there is one. Yes, you can change the name and icon, but only from a specific list. The initial setting appears random.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Republicans posted:

You know that guardian rank step that has you do 3 nightfalls and unlocks some sorts of armor mods? I can't figure out what if anything that unlocked.

Doing a flawless LLS unlocks additional load out slots, and the unlock more mods requires rank 7. The mods are all the armour charge mods but at a cost of one, not whatever they were. Yes, that includes stacks on stacks.

Makes me wonder why they have costs at that point tho, it does remove the cost limitations entirely.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

Hypnobeard posted:

On PC < is left arrow key and > is right arrow key. I can't remember the color change key if there is one. Yes, you can change the name and icon, but only from a specific list. The initial setting appears random.

It's W for some reason and not up arrow. Absolute lunacy.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

syntaxfunction posted:

Doing a flawless LLS unlocks additional load out slots, and the unlock more mods requires rank 7. The mods are all the armour charge mods but at a cost of one, not whatever they were. Yes, that includes stacks on stacks.

Makes me wonder why they have costs at that point tho, it does remove the cost limitations entirely.

Cool, just need to get high enough level to do solo LLS without dying and grind commendations like a dumbass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQtkkDLWAnU

I wonder what other benefits are locked behind this dumb rank system.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Stacks on stacks is definitely not 1 cost for me, and I have that part of the "journey" unlocked. Ashes to assets went from 1 to 3 cost overnight though :shrug:

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

acumen posted:

Stacks on stacks is definitely not 1 cost for me, and I have that part of the "journey" unlocked. Ashes to assets went from 1 to 3 cost overnight though :shrug:

Are you at rank 7 as well? Like you've completed all the rank 6 requirements? This is stuff in the APi so I could be wrong, but you "unlock" it in rank 6 but doesn't take effect until you get to rank 7, it looks like. For some reason.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Nah not level 7 yet, that's pretty silly if so. I feel like I've seen someone talking about having 8 load out slots already though? Maybe?

Hypnobeard
Sep 15, 2004

Obey the Beard

Just remember you can give each person a commendation, just not the same commendation for...reasons.

(The important bit is to normalize giving both other people in a strike or whatever a commendation of some kind.)

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Yeah, commendate everyone who didn’t piss you off with specific behavior. We all have to get to 750 somehow

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
The glaive sucks lol

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
at first I was peeved that they increased the number of strikes needed for the powerful from 3 to 5, but it turns out nightfalls now count (and for more, based on difficulty).

I'm pretty sure hero nightfall gives 40% so you can run two nightfalls and a single strike and get everything. Maybe two strikes.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I like how many people leave strikes and activities immediately so you can't give them commendations lol. Just hurting themselves.

Also it feels satisfying the afk person who does nothing but grab rewards often gets no commendations. It's a good system hth.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Whoever decided to put rank 7 behind 750 commendations AND put 4 loadouts behind that should be fired into the sun via a cannon. What the gently caress Bungie.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

FlapYoJacks posted:

Whoever decided to put rank 7 behind 750 commendations AND put 4 loadouts behind that should be fired into the sun via a cannon. What the gently caress Bungie.

So if you want to max out commendations you would want to do 6 man pvp content and hope that all your teammates will give you commendations.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

FlapYoJacks posted:

sorry, but i, the PM in charge of the commendation system, can't hear you over the sound of my engagement metrics skyrocketing

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

It wouldn't be Bungie without numerous baffling decisions. Like not tying artifact mod selection to loadouts.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Republicans posted:

It wouldn't be Bungie without numerous baffling decisions. Like not tying artifact mod selection to loadouts.

Different loadouts require an artifact reset so they couldn't do this.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Hamelekim posted:

So if you want to max out commendations you would want to do 6 man pvp content and hope that all your teammates will give you commendations.

Except if you get the “everybody and your guns are invisible” bug which doesn’t load the commendation screen so you have to give them on the final score screen. Also you have to restart the game because that shits annoying. Also people forget to give out commendations or don’t care.

It’s a bad system and should be scrapped entirely.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

FlapYoJacks posted:

It’s a bad system and should be scrapped entirely.

Hard agree. I dunno why anyone thought it was a good idea. Even if it wasn't tied to any progress it's an obnoxious extra step in leaving a finished activity.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

ex post facho posted:

I'm working on the quest to unlock it, go on

Shot freezes everything in a gigantic loving radius, and with 1 ammo left in the tank you can melee for massively boosted glaive damage (added bonus, there's a glaive mod on the artifact this season)

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Republicans posted:

Hard agree. I dunno why anyone thought it was a good idea. Even if it wasn't tied to any progress it's an obnoxious extra step in leaving a finished activity.

"obnoxious extra step" is what they're gonna write on destiny 2's tombstone

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

victrix posted:

Shot freezes everything in a gigantic loving radius, and with 1 ammo left in the tank you can melee for massively boosted glaive damage (added bonus, there's a glaive mod on the artifact this season)

sick. time to pair it with a Chill Clip Deliverance and Osmiomancy :evilbuddy:

the lack of the elemental shards mod is real sad times though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Nobody seems to have mentioned the fact that there's a weekly pinnacle for giving 20 commendations. So the whole thing is meaningless.