Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice
It would be smart for whoever rear end in a top hat that was to avoid town for the next few months. The one who got caught driving on the sidewalk to avoid a bus loading kiddos was eventually caught, since they drove down that street at the same time every single morning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

cursedshitbox posted:

this is what happens when someone gets fired from SWIFT.

CR England is just a step up from Swift btw, look out for those dipshits if you're on the road.

Source: Was a dipshit who went to their school and worked for them.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
lmao "fired"?

a second week trainee did exactly that on my former route, and only had to take an extra 3 hour safety class before graduating to solo driver four weeks later

Large Testicles posted:

Source: Was a dipshit who went to their school and worked for them.

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

Who dey think gonna beat dem Bengos!
edit: Yeah I slept on it and I'm being a dick there too. Good call

Farking Bastage fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Mar 3, 2023

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Farking Bastage posted:

I really really hate everyone around me today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87_EBk57Ea0

BTW that model dashcam is A+ Has sony image sensors

I don't see the problem. That's how I drive in European Truck Simulator 2

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

I'd say check your local laws, you might be the one in the wrong driving past multiple right turns in the right turn only lane. I know in many places the lane is not for "I'm eventually turning" but "I'm turning right now".

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

Could be, but that turn lane is usually full to get to the intersection. I do get what you’re saying though.

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.
Uhh yeah, I don't know how it works there in the wild west but in my European country it's super illegal and an rear end in a top hat move to speed past other moving cars in a turn lane like that, especially when not actually turning. Don't think you should be posting this if that was your video.

waffle iron
Jan 16, 2004
The whole length is striped with solid lines indicating no lane changes. It's not ideal but the filmer is clearly doing what the person designed that road intended. (Even if the design was decades of continuing to restripe an amateur design.)

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

What's most concerning in this video (and in the MAJORITY of dash cam vids) is the fact the driver is that close to the first indicating car before jumping on the brakes.

This is not a specific diss to the OP but more general note that drivers seem to be half asleep at the wheel which is wild to me.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

waffle iron posted:

The whole length is striped with solid lines indicating no lane changes. It's not ideal but the filmer is clearly doing what the person designed that road intended. (Even if the design was decades of continuing to restripe an amateur design.)

I agree that's how it should work I've seen a lot of paint in my life and turn lanes are often solid with no point of entry or a point of entry hundreds of feet before you can even tell where the turn is.

One I encounter regularly is for a double left and has legitimately no entry. It's solid from the previous intersection to the next, and the lane aligned with it is a left turn only to another road.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 19 days!
Yes those drivers are technically in the wrong for attempting to enter that turning lane after the point at which you're allowed to enter it is over, but realistically like, they're just people who realized they need to make a turn too late and there's no heavy traffic or anything, they both used their turn signals, just let them in and mumble "rear end in a top hat" to yourself if they don't do the curtesy little wave thing.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

My personal pet peeve is when people don't use the turning lane at all and turn into an entrance from the second to right lane. MOTHERFUCKERS THERE IS A LANE HERE FOR THAT PURPOSE

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe
Mine is people coming to almost a complete stop before getting into the turn lane designed specifically for the purpose of slowing for a turn without impeding traffic.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

This whole account is a pro click but this in particular is excellent:
https://twitter.com/Idiots1nCars/status/1631610769073930240

chaibat
Aug 21, 2008

Midjack posted:

This whole account is a pro click but this in particular is excellent:
https://twitter.com/Idiots1nCars/status/1631610769073930240

https://twitter.com/Idiots1nCars/status/1630161935475027969?s=20

Not sure if I embedded that right, but these kinds of clips make me wonder what I’d do if someone brake-checked me and then completely stops in traffic. If I have my daughter with me, I’m not taking the chance of getting rear ended. What do you think the insurance/ cop situation is like if the back car just drives into/through/around the rear end in a top hat car in front? Not like demolition derby style, but with enough force to move past the car? And legitimately say I was afraid of getting rear ended?

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

chaibat posted:

https://twitter.com/Idiots1nCars/status/1630161935475027969?s=20

Not sure if I embedded that right, but these kinds of clips make me wonder what I’d do if someone brake-checked me and then completely stops in traffic. If I have my daughter with me, I’m not taking the chance of getting rear ended. What do you think the insurance/ cop situation is like if the back car just drives into/through/around the rear end in a top hat car in front? Not like demolition derby style, but with enough force to move past the car? And legitimately say I was afraid of getting rear ended?

"I was afraid of getting rearended so I rearended the guy in front of me" isn't going to get you very far. You're responsible for yourself and maintaining control of your vehicle. Part of that is keeping your cool with assholes.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
you are looking for https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Necessity_(criminal_law)

SlapActionJackson
Jul 27, 2006

waffle iron posted:

Am I missing a joke or is the bad driving coming from within the thread again?

Single, skinny white line means lane changes are discouraged, not prohibited.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

SlapActionJackson posted:

Am I missing a joke or is the bad driving coming from within the thread again?

Single, skinny white line means lane changes are discouraged, not prohibited.

It depends on where you are. I’m certain areas, single white line means no lane changes what so ever. It’s usually marked with a sign tho. Double white line means no lane change every where in the US tho.

SlapActionJackson
Jul 27, 2006

Large Testicles posted:

It depends on where you are. I’m certain areas, single white line means no lane changes what so ever. It’s usually marked with a sign tho. Double white line means no lane change every where in the US tho.

Where?

single = discouraged; double = prohibited is in the MUTCD. Granted, that's not actual law, but most US jurisdictions don't stray too far afield from with basic markings like that.

chaibat
Aug 21, 2008

Deteriorata posted:

"I was afraid of getting rearended so I rearended the guy in front of me" isn't going to get you very far. You're responsible for yourself and maintaining control of your vehicle. Part of that is keeping your cool with assholes.

Fair enough, but surely it’s better to leave the situation even if that means rolling through his bumper than getting smoked by freeway speed traffic from behind?

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

SlapActionJackson posted:

Where?

single = discouraged; double = prohibited is in the MUTCD. Granted, that's not actual law, but most US jurisdictions don't stray too far afield from with basic markings like that.

I could be totally misremembering it but I just drove from CA to VA on I-40 is the only reason I said anything and I’m pretty sure somewhere along the way instead of a double white, it was just a thicker single white line. It totally could have been in a construction zone or in a tunnel too.

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

I'll concede the first one was partially on me, that prius can go gently caress themselves though.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Deteriorata posted:

Nah, if someone is actively loving with you and is road raging, you need to do whatever it is to just get away from that person. You don't know if that guy is stopping to pull out a gun or come and smash your windows with a baseball bat (have seen plenty of those videos) so are you just going to blindly obey traffic laws and sit there? My explanation would be "I didn't know what he was going to do so I moved his car out of the way and kept going."

I'd worry about the explanation later, if I got a ticket for "rear ending" the guy oh well.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Nah, if someone is actively loving with you and is road raging, you need to do whatever it is to just get away from that person. You don't know if that guy is stopping to pull out a gun or come and smash your windows with a baseball bat (have seen plenty of those videos) so are you just going to blindly obey traffic laws and sit there? My explanation would be "I didn't know what he was going to do so I moved his car out of the way and kept going."

I'd worry about the explanation later, if I got a ticket for "rear ending" the guy oh well.

That “oh well” is being fired and losing your CDL? Correct me if I’m wrong.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

It was referring to what the poster chailbat posted, not the trucker.

In the trucker's case it depends, in the video he did all he could do, started to back up and go around. If the driver got out of the car and tried to harm the trucker it's an entirely different story.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Applebees Appetizer posted:

It was referring to what the poster chailbat posted, not the trucker.

In the trucker's case it depends, in the video he did all he could do, started to back up and go around. If the driver got out of the car and tried to harm the trucker it's an entirely different story.

Agreed. There needs to be a clear, present threat to use the necessity defense.

People in other cars are responsible for controlling their vehicles and not hitting you, so they are not an direct threat.

IANAL, this is a side discussion that came up in my driver's ed class years ago and I'm going by what the teacher drilled into us.

chaibat
Aug 21, 2008

Thanks for the discussion! Interesting that this came up in drivers ed.

Applebees and carry on then are right, I wasn’t looking at it from a CDL perspective. Although I wonder if he’s transporting like hazmat or has legit hijacking fears if there’s an exception. How about for armored trucks?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

chaibat posted:

Thanks for the discussion! Interesting that this came up in drivers ed.

Applebees and carry on then are right, I wasn’t looking at it from a CDL perspective. Although I wonder if he’s transporting like hazmat or has legit hijacking fears if there’s an exception. How about for armored trucks?

Armored trucks you can just sit there and laugh unless the guy comes up with a rocket launcher, in which case the immediate threat has been satisfied. You'll probably get in mega trouble with your bossmasters for going off schedule though.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

My man made no attempt to stop.

https://twitter.com/ohshidt/status/1632094524833972226?t=4uwW1zVN6lMkAYe2uDYK0Q&s=19

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

He got MASSIVE extension on that flip. Limber vertebrae!

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

There's, uh, something on your car, mate.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
Drive it like you stole it! :haw:

https://twitter.com/ohshidt/status/1632734329758527488?s=20

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Yikes.

https://twitter.com/ass_beaters/status/1632830555287896065?t=UBaBaNRA3wIenBMGi28v8w&s=19

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
Out of state drivers never know how to handle snow.

https://twitter.com/MarshallJulius/status/1633386846347485184?s=20

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Well that escalated lol

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Dude was having a bad day and said gently caress everybody :v:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

I'm impressed at the commitment tbh, I don't imagine these little guys feel particularly planted at under their rated top speed.

https://twitter.com/WorldBollard/status/1634901898074685440?t=qqpKnkqhGZ6XB-d9mss-oQ&s=19

https://twitter.com/TheoR97/status/1634896339967377412?t=ltj8HU-vr01dDr1qqI3EIg&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017
They are very light and high, plus they have tires closer to a bike than a car. The perfect recipe for a rollover if you drive them top speed in a sloped curve.