Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

nah its more fun when the ball goes in the hoop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
80s basketball was better than 90s basketball tho

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Punkin Spunkin posted:

80s basketball was better than 90s basketball tho

no

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

basketball peaked in the 50s

you might not like it, but this was the high water mark for the game

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

bring back short shorts.

I wanna see dongs flopping out on the court.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

bring back chucks

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
this is an extremely "no poo poo" observation but having even $5 on a parley gets me so much more invested in following multiple games

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

AnimeIsTrash posted:

bring back chucks

a while back i was watching The Naked City (from 1948) and did a double take when the main villain of the movie was wearing Chucks

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

indigi posted:

this is an extremely "no poo poo" observation but having even $5 on a parley gets me so much more invested in following multiple games

How about when you blow the first leg

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

kingcobweb posted:

a while back i was watching The Naked City (from 1948) and did a double take when the main villain of the movie was wearing Chucks

the nba was lame until one of the greatest players introduced one of the greatest shoe brands in the 90s

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

AnimeIsTrash posted:

the nba was lame until one of the greatest players introduced one of the greatest shoe brands in the 90s

big Penny Hardaway fan? I prefer Jordans

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

the greatest moment in the nba was 2016 but I think I agree the 90s were very good

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Vox Nihili posted:

How about when you blow the first leg

I only bet games with about the same start times to avoid this (and do dvr + live) lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Nets are going to get cornholed tonight.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

In Training posted:

The Nets are going to get cornholed tonight.

they’re doing better than they were with kyrie. celtics are only winning 21-5 so far

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

euphronius posted:

the greatest moment in the nba was 2016 but I think I agree the 90s were very good

agreed, go Cavs

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Celtics having a big loving melty at home

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

indigi posted:

Celtics having a big loving melty at home

it’s horrible lol

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

fart simpson posted:

they’re doing better than they were with kyrie.

True

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

it really shows how overrated he is

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

fart simpson posted:

it really shows how overrated he is

I think you need pretty much everyone to be a viable perimeter defensive guy playing the Celtics. And Kyrie is really an offense-only guy. Totally unique and special talent in that regard but he's going to get switched onto pretty much anyone on the Celtics and annihilated on defense.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

fart simpson posted:

it’s horrible lol

Lol I turned it off after the 1st in disgust....what the gently caress happened

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

In Training posted:

same I watched Persona, which I understood perfectly. quite simple honestly.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

In Training posted:

afaict the celtics decided they had won and started to coast and let the nets get back into it, and then the celtics had already gone ice cold and it was too late. low energy collapse

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
lmao The Invincible Boston Celtics

ja morant is the ultimate microphone gangster

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

TenementFunster posted:

lmao The Invincible Boston Celtics

ja morant is the ultimate microphone gangster

Ja is also like the 3rd best player on his own team. But you aren't allowed to say that.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Brooks spends roughly four hours before every game studying the opponent: their tendencies, their tells, their moods. He starts by focusing on his individual assignment, whether they like going right or left, what shots they like to take going right or left. If he's facing a 3-point shooter who'd prefer not to drive, he'll take a higher route to contest the 3, knowing the drive is less of a threat. He always challenges a 3-point shooter with the same hand as the shooter's dominant hand to minimize the chance for body contact. He flies at a right-handed shooter with his right hand raised; a left-handed shooter with his left. This way, less of his body is in line with the shooter. Still, he makes sure to create the appearance of a pending collision without making contact. "They feel I'm going to hit them," he says, "but I won't because I have super concentration."

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Vox Nihili posted:

Ja is also like the 3rd best player on his own team. But you aren't allowed to say that.
lol he sucks and needs to calm all the way down

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

lmao the Kings are 1 back of Memphis

Steven Adams means a lot more to the Grizz than anyone realizes

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

wtf is going on with Ja

I just saw that he fought a teen, a mall security cop, and brandished a gun on video at a strip club all in the past week

wtf the hell man. it's like he's going for the any% Aaron Hernandez ending

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

worked out fine for Gilbert arenas

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I guess that's all the kinda stuff I'd have done if I'd been a rich nba superstar at 23 tho except for fighting a teen

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

indigi posted:

wtf is going on with Ja
people on tiktok keep making fun of him for growing up in the burbs with a loving family and it is driving him to a life of crime

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

indigi posted:

wtf is going on with Ja

I just saw that he fought a teen, a mall security cop, and brandished a gun on video at a strip club all in the past week

wtf the hell man. it's like he's going for the any% Aaron Hernandez ending

idk itts very funny though

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I miss the days when NBA players who wanted to act out would simply dye their hair weird colors and gently caress Carmen Electra and make friends with Kim Jong-Un

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Being a criminal is honestly pretty cool but you're gonna wanna do it either when you're 16 or in your 70s, not when you got the most to lose

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
begging ja morant to google “plaxico”

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1632093705837457409

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

kingcobweb posted:

big Penny Hardaway fan? I prefer Jordans

in 1996 they released one of the finest types of jordans ever made

the jordan 12s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

AnimeIsTrash posted:

in 1996 they released one of the finest types of jordans ever made

the jordan 12s

Jordan 1/dunks/blazers are basically the only shoes I wear except for dogwalking (however like 95% of my time outside is dogwalking)

70s/80s basketball shoe style is so much cooler to me. adidas and converse have some cool ones too, I’m not a Nike purist