Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Conservatives were actually totally in favor of gay people until right this second! Believe us! This is all because of trans people! They were definitely pro gay marriage in the past, don't you remember???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

God this is absolutely infuriating, how can people's memories be this short? Obergefell wasn't even a decade ago and we saw how they reacted to that! They've never stopped for a moment trying to find ways to reverse it, there's no possible cause and effect with trans people here. What an rear end in a top hat.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Terfs are just far right weirdos, they might not consciously identify as such but there's a reason they all take their cues from the crazy american fundies and weird nazi adjacent conspiracy cranks. Politically that's where they're comfortable and it overrules basically any other element of their personality quite quickly.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

OwlFancier posted:

Terfs are just far right weirdos, they might not consciously identify as such but there's a reason they all take their cues from the crazy american fundies and weird nazi adjacent conspiracy cranks. Politically that's where they're comfortable and it overrules basically any other element of their personality quite quickly.

It's like everyone with a certain kind of mindset just settles into the rung of the ladder where they are comfortable and immediately builds a wall around themselves, mixing metaphors like a motherfucker here.

I fight like hell for my right to exist! Ok I've got that, now everyone below me can go to hell.

FYGM and activism are not mutually exclusive

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
https://twitter.com/fubukllll/status/1631443858457501696?s=4

Heck of a load bearing space.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

If you paid for your car in other cars there would be zero inflation.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Surely the much higher marginal taxes and much larger government safety net that we have now than in the 50s explains ~all this~ *cut to ad for gold buying kit*

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

'load bearing' was maybe not the phrase to use there.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

TinTower posted:

Hi can we not? What discussion could be had from this?

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

A boomer shared this sincerely, romanticizing it, but it's such an blatantly uncomfortable photo I decided to use my phone's lens function to search it up, and:

It's not the actual holocaust, obviously, but goddamn I can't say it didn't make me laugh.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

There's not even paved roads. How the gently caress old are these people?

ONLY (18)90's KIDS WILL REMEMBER... THROWING COBBLES AT DEAD HORSES

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Kids today don't know the simple joy of pushing a hoop with a stick in between your shifts at the asbestos factory

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

That looks like it's round the back of a farm building, most of them still look like that, big mishmash of walls made out of 100 year old bricks, probably loving centuries old stone, and bits of whatever holding up the roof.

Seriously that could have been taken yesterday 20 miles from me if you rounded up some kids and put them in old clothes.

OwlFancier has a new favorite as of 05:53 on Mar 4, 2023

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

TinTower posted:

None of this, please.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

SulfurMonoxideCute posted:

A boomer shared this sincerely, romanticizing it, but it's such an blatantly uncomfortable photo [...]

It's the typical boomer brain thing where the leaded gasoline fumes have made them think their parents' and grandparents' hardships were their's. They've also absorbed media they've been consuming all their life and now remember it as personal memories or at least things that happened to their friends.

Expect the next decade to have boomers sharing photos from the dustbowl and saying that's their farm, and then talking about the summer they spent in Amity Island when a great white shark terrorized their family.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Kids would, of course, still do that sort of thing if governments hadn't spent the last several decades building lovely housing estates all over anywhere kids might want to go play and closed down all the activity groups they might have joined, and made it so they would need to be driven anywhere worth going to, and none of this could possibly be the fault of the people complaining about it.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

From what I could actually find, it's apparently the Glasgow Gorbals slums in 1956. Those were better years! The good old days when all you needed was a good stick or a box to have fun as a kid! Not like these lovely kids nowadays, with their technology, and clean homes, and safe drinking water.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Is that one of the ones where they'd play on hills of old tailings and chew it like gum or whateverthefuck?

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Back in my day we ate lead paint chips, and we were happy!

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

SulfurMonoxideCute posted:

From what I could actually find, it's apparently the Glasgow Gorbals slums in 1956. Those were better years! The good old days when all you needed was a good stick or a box to have fun as a kid! Not like these lovely kids nowadays, with their technology, and clean homes, and safe drinking water.

don't worry they're slowly removing those things

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Coolness Averted posted:

It's the typical boomer brain thing where the leaded gasoline fumes have made them think their parents' and grandparents' hardships were their's. They've also absorbed media they've been consuming all their life and now remember it as personal memories or at least things that happened to their friends.

Expect the next decade to have boomers sharing photos from the dustbowl and saying that's their farm, and then talking about the summer they spent in Amity Island when a great white shark terrorized their family.
Same way they'll talk about all the hardships they endured during WWII or talk about how kids today couldn't have stormed Normandy.
God I loving hate this.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

It's true though, children are notoriously bad at amphibious landings.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
https://twitter.com /yodeputy/status/1630740443288805376?s=19

mod edit: it's that photo of Nguyen Van Lem getting executed

Somebody has a new favorite as of 02:44 on Mar 6, 2023

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
"Remember this image, once considered shocking?" - The beginning of my Tubgirl thesis.

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

Read After Burning posted:

"Remember this image, once considered shocking?" - The beginning of my Tubgirl thesis.

To zoomers tubgirl and rotten.com style shock sites are as quaint as Steamboat Willie is to millenials.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
Would church of fudge have the same impact now that everyone eats rear end?

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

dont forget about the Goatse Resolution Hypothesis

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Volcott posted:

Would church of fudge have the same impact now that everyone eats rear end?

it's probably worse for them actually

i don't think you've thought this through

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Please don't post photos of people having their brains blown out

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
This website was built on people getting their brains blown out.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Platystemon posted:

This website was built on people getting their brains blown out.

:aaa:

Annabel Pee
Dec 29, 2008

They mean in the context of this being a shop in the marvel universe not in real life and its a funny tweet.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Also unlike 9/11 it was a disaster where everyone kind of came back later on, causing NEW problems but at the very least the victims didn't stay dead. You can just imagine the name of the store was probably the idea of someone who was dusted and then came back and thought it would be cute to reference it.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Consume. Other. Media. Please.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
We regret to inform you there is no more other media.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Annabel Pee posted:

They mean in the context of this being a shop in the marvel universe not in real life and its a funny tweet.

In the context of comic books there's universe destroying poo poo every 6 months that all gets undone within 2 years. I think there would be more silly stuff like this. We had tribute.avi and that was without finding the magic rocks in Afghanistan that brought the towers back
I also figured this was a disneyland thing not from a marvel movie

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Coolness Averted posted:

I also figured this was a disneyland thing not from a marvel movie
A distinction without a difference

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

For clarification, is that a screencap of an MCU show/movie, or is it like, a Disneyland attraction?

My response to this is WILDLY different depending on which it is.

EDIT: Yeah, if it's an in-universe thing it's a worthwhile but not entirely serious critique to bring up. In the comics yeah, they've had a bunch of different apocalypses, but in the MCU it's basically just been the one, so it is kinda weird.

Cleretic has a new favorite as of 09:17 on Mar 4, 2023