Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Perhaps, but that person is cutting the visibly mouldy bits off the cheese and eating them (the mouldy bits) which is more weird, and ill advised.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Elviscat posted:

I will continue to cut the visibly moldy bits off the cheese and eat it until the day I die, no matter how much my GF complains that it's gross.

Hard cheeses, this is generally fine - but you do want to cut away a bit more than just the mold, since it can invade the cheese itself. Soft cheeses, just toss em.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

The visible mold is a tiny fraction of the mold.

The threads that make up most of the organism have already snaked their way through the entire thing even if there's only a few visible spots.

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎵 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎵

RandolphCarter posted:

I have drank the Peepsi. It tastes like a Peep. I did not care for it, now bring back Holiday Spice please.

I was surprised it tasted like marshmallow more than just vanilla; notes of honey. Not as sweet as the new Coke Move novelty flavor.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

FreudianSlippers posted:

The threads that make up most of the organism have already snaked their way through the entire thing even if there's only a few visible spots.

the cordyceps are making that guy eat more mold, it makes him think it's good and normal.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

First of May posted:

I was surprised it tasted like marshmallow more than just vanilla; notes of honey. Not as sweet as the new Coke Move novelty flavor.
Is it just my family, or does that Move stuff taste like pretty much every other recent novelty Coke, but more so?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

FreudianSlippers posted:

Does this apply to surface rust on my car too

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Rust isn't a fungus and I don't know poo poo about cars beyond the practical basics but probably yeah.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Data Graham posted:

Does this apply to surface rust on my car too

Depends on whether it actually is surface rust, if it's under paint you can have the fun instance where the inside of the panel is getting exposed and it's rusting from the inside out and you only notice when it starts disintegrating and pushing through the paint. Same is true for any hollow metal structure.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

LifeSunDeath posted:

the cordyceps are making that guy eat more mold, it makes him think it's good and normal.

Look, if you want to have the bravery to wear women's clothing, you need either the cordyceps of the hormones, your call.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

OwlFancier posted:

Depends on whether it actually is surface rust, if it's under paint you can have the fun instance where the inside of the panel is getting exposed and it's rusting from the inside out and you only notice when it starts disintegrating and pushing through the paint. Same is true for any hollow metal structure.

(Realtalk yeah, you can grind rust off surfaces of structural members just fine but if it's a body panel it's probably less than a mm thick and you're welding in a patch. Better hope your suspension members aren't the kind that don't have drain holes to let standing water drip out or else even your inch-thick load-bearing spars are rusting through)

(cheese, well, eat it if it tastes good idk)

Saucer Crab
Apr 3, 2009

Eh, Phillipe! Thees ees not so bad, oui?!

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Hirayuki posted:

Is it just my family, or does that Move stuff taste like pretty much every other recent novelty Coke, but more so?

I got the zero version last night and yeah it tastes very similar to dreamland or whatever the last one was

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Data Graham posted:

(Realtalk yeah, you can grind rust off surfaces of structural members just fine but if it's a body panel it's probably less than a mm thick and you're welding in a patch. Better hope your suspension members aren't the kind that don't have drain holes to let standing water drip out or else even your inch-thick load-bearing spars are rusting through)

(cheese, well, eat it if it tastes good idk)

I mean, have you tried using an angle grinder on cheese?

What machine tools are appropriate for what cheeses? Could we produce a cheddar which would survive contact with a lathe? Can you use a fly cutter on gruyere?

I feel like precisely dimensioned cheese is a valid niche.

OwlFancier has a new favorite as of 04:57 on Mar 4, 2023

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

OwlFancier posted:

I mean, have you tried using an angle grinder on cheese?

What machine tools are appropriate for what cheeses? Could we produce a cheddar which would survive contact with a lathe? Can you use a fly cutter on gruyere?

I feel like precisely dimensioned cheese is a valid niche.

The Chickencheese thread from back in the day also has answers.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

While this thread went through a bit of a ketchup saga, there's something similar going on over on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/bielleogy/status/1630806917085032450

https://twitter.com/bielleogy/status/1631110730849333249
https://twitter.com/bielleogy/status/1631338221711015938
https://twitter.com/bielleogy/status/1631452109748203520

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

SlothfulCobra posted:

While this thread went through a bit of a ketchup saga, there's something similar going on over on Twitter.

:ohdear:i must know the occult blue soup wisdom...

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

It's gotta be a cyanobacteria right? That's the main living thing that can turn things blue.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I think it's B. razzberry

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I'd be worried about people figuring out my recipe too if it meant Paul Bunyan was after my rear end for cooking up his bestie

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

https://v.redd.it/szluc3yw1mla1/DASH_1080.mp4

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
I can't get the pics to work unfortunately, but I present to you "Cadbury Creme Egg Ice Cream:"

https://thebakingexplorer.com/creme-egg-ice-cream/

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Desert Bus posted:

I can't get the pics to work unfortunately, but I present to you "Cadbury Creme Egg Ice Cream:"

https://thebakingexplorer.com/creme-egg-ice-cream/

Thank god for small favors

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

I was like "how could that possibly be bad" and then I clicked the link and my foot fell off

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

They already make those, you can just buy them.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Feet?

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Website has eaten the sickeningly sweet eggs

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Honestly I can't think of a recipe I'd want to put a creme egg in. They're nearly too sweet to eat straight, so I'd want to cut the sweetness in any recipe. Maybe brownies, but not just thumbprint cookied into the top (Seriously that's just "make some brownies, then smush half a creme egg into the top like a animal you piece of poo poo"), no, I'd use them as a (partial?) sugar substitute, maybe trying for some marbling, but at that point it would be easier to just take normal chocolate and make my own version of whatever the creme is so I could marble it through the brownies instead of trying to work with preformed chocolate inseparable from its filling.

And honestly if I'm getting to that level of baking prep I'd rather just make a quick cheesecake and marble that into the brownies instead.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Hamburger with a creme egg center.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

I think they could work in icecream, if you made the base without sugar and cut them up very fine? But yeah they're almost inedible to begin with.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
The flavor in an ice cream sounds good, it’s just the abusive sweetness that’s off putting. settle down candy egg

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Well I recently found out I have diabetes so no more crème eggs for me but our local ice cream place has done crème egg sundaes for ages and I’ve had my share. Very sickly and definitely not something to eat weekly.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I've slowly and regretfully fallen out of love with creme eggs since the recipe changed or whatever happened some years back; they're just not the same as they were when I was growing up and they were the thing to look forward to about Easter.

This might be the first year I never bother buying any.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Data Graham posted:

I've slowly and regretfully fallen out of love with creme eggs since the recipe changed or whatever happened some years back; they're just not the same as they were when I was growing up and they were the thing to look forward to about Easter.

This might be the first year I never bother buying any.

Agreed. Sorry, I think Americans caused that? If so, apologies.

I feel similarly about Butterfingers. Worse every time I have 'em.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Brawnfire posted:

Agreed. Sorry, I think Americans caused that? If so, apologies.

I feel similarly about Butterfingers. Worse every time I have 'em.

They changed the formula in 2015, but only the UK branch did.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

It seems like insanity to alter the formula of one of your flagship products this deep into being a household name and holiday tradition! I assumed it must have been something Kraft did.

I don't know how these things work.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Vegan Tartar

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

This feels like a crime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

LifeSunDeath posted:

Vegan Tartar

That right there is pressure treated lumber, which despite the name, is not only modified via pressure. They also add ??? to it. It used to be treated with poo poo like arsenic and chromium but these days it's mostly copper compounds? Either way I wouldn't loving eat off it.