Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Pilfered Pallbearers posted:

That is some incredible and hilarious twisting of the narrative and whataboutism in order to justify your point. Why are you even bring trans people or people of color into the conversation?

Well that is what started this whole dumb hot take discussion. So that's probably why they did. But these hot takes and moving the goal posts all over the city the stadium is in is great for D&D, not for a South Park thread :lol:

Lets get hyped for some more South Park toilet humor!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2l8ujWSqj94

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaniac
Nov 28, 2000

SUSHI ROULETTO!
College Slice
Hey, can someone tell me which episode is the one where people keep getting tricked somehow, and every time they react with the same "Oh, gently caress yoooou"?

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Propaniac posted:

Hey, can someone tell me which episode is the one where people keep getting tricked somehow, and every time they react with the same "Oh, gently caress yoooou"?

Grounded Vindaloop

LividLiquid posted:

Cool! I was educated not to kick you in the junk, so it's nice knowing I get to make the informed choice to do it anyway, since forcing me not to would be against your ethos.

It's not my ethos. I was backing up what McSpanky said by pointing out another instance where they mocked a situation in which people were forced to act in a certain way as a matter of social pressure/law. I do not stand with Matt and Trey's 90s libertarianism that wants everyone to self govern.

But to your criticism, the Milgram experiment would be a decent indicator that while you could have an informed choice you would still default to doing what an authority figure told you to do rather than your own morals. So don't kick me in the junk and

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

PaybackJack posted:

Grounded Vindaloop

Arguably, the last great/classic episode. I can't think of one since that has been as good.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

Pilfered Pallbearers posted:

That is some incredible and hilarious twisting of the narrative and whataboutism in order to justify your point. Why are you even bring trans people or people of color into the conversation?

The solution is literally the one that all of the mask mandates put in place, that the police by and large refused to enforce. If a cop sees someone without a mask in a place they’re supposed to have one, they write the person (regardless of their gender or race you loving knob) a ticket.

And if a business allows no masks when they’re supposed to enforce masks, guess what happens? They pay a fine! Regardless of if it’s a woman owned business or not.

And fines that are not paid result in late fees, additional fines, and potentially garnishment. Just like any other ticket for jumping the turnstiles on the subway. No one is calling the cops. No one is going to do poo poo. But if it’s enforced people will listen. Just like speeding tickets or red light camera tickets.

Saying you’re happily vaccinated doesn’t stop you from being an anti-mask idiot when you spout the same dumb bullshit they all do.

Like 2/3rds of that guy's posts in this thread is dumb getting mad at posters poo poo.

SunshineDanceParty fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Mar 3, 2023

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

Santa Cat Says: Good deeds are the things to always do, just make sure someone is watching you
People still throwing fits about having to wear their chin diapers.

You know I did think it was funny when I would see people wearing them in their cars, alone.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

saw someone doing that today. i smh

Danzel Glovington
Mar 16, 2006

I'm too old to bury my son!

ShoogaSlim posted:

saw someone doing that today. i smh

I literally do this all the time because it triggers anti-mask onlookers :smug:

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Danzel Glovington posted:

I literally do this all the time because it triggers anti-mask onlookers :smug:

That is one of the supidest things I've ever heard of. Don't people make fun of republicans for "owning the libs"?

Edit: VVV The fact you didn't understand that flu variant was going to go worldwide no matter what is crazy.

ChesterJT fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Mar 2, 2023

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Speaking as somebody with a loving autoimmune disorder, there is no amount of education or asking nicely that will get anti-maskers to stop trying to murder me, so yeah. There should've been greater consequences.

Three loving years now and I can still barely leave my goddamn house because we couldn't just shut everything the gently caress down for three weeks in early 2020 and be done with this loving horseshit.

All because it would've made the owning class sad for tenminutes.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

LividLiquid posted:

we couldn't just shut everything the gently caress down for three weeks in early 2020

yeah no we actually literally did do that

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Boy wasn't that a fun episode of South Park, fellas? I would sure like a bidet if I didn't have a wall mounted euro toilet. Anyone know what Randy's broken Japanese translated to?

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Cacator posted:

Boy wasn't that a fun episode of South Park, fellas? I would sure like a bidet if I didn't have a wall mounted euro toilet. Anyone know what Randy's broken Japanese translated to?

Wasn't really broken Japanese, it all made sense. Just simple sentences and words like "That was a surprise", "The toilet?", "Terrible!"

Danzel Glovington
Mar 16, 2006

ChesterJT posted:

That is one of the supidest things I've ever heard of. Don't people make fun of republicans for "owning the libs"?

:lol:

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
The "proctologist walks into home depot..." bit with the cop was great.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Don't squeeze the charmin...

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

ShoogaSlim posted:

yeah no we actually literally did do that
Not even close, yo. We pretended to do it, but I can pretend I have giant tits and that don't make me Elvira.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

"Dude, I got SHOT!" Randy kind of had a point there. Bidets are great and way better than toilet paper, but if I had to choose between more people knowing that and not getting murdered I'll pick "not getting murdered" any day of the week.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Edit: Actually, no.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Mar 2, 2023

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
That episode got pretty meta and I liked it. They just reran the episode where Mr. Garrison transitions to being a transwoman and yeah, it hasn't aged well at all. But drat, when their commentary is right, it cuts deep.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Solid episode. In case anyone wondering about the translations, there wasn't really anything funny. The toilet jingle was basically like "welcome home" and Randy was just playing up his injury.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Trey Parker speaks fluent Japanese and has done for many South Park episodes and it's always funny to me.

Wasn't expecting to see a parody of JFK in this day and age but I laughed.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

i need the track that randy's toilet plays so i can have it on loop on the google home mini in my bathroom

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
That was another really solid episode, it walked that fine line between utter stupidity and maybe having a point. SP is at its best when it blends a bunch of different kinds of humor together instead of just one joke over and over. You had the literal toilet humor, kids at school being jerks, movie parody, some form of social commentary, and silly random gags like Randy shooing the proctologist away ("Go on, git!") and the lady offering the proctologist champagne.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
I hate Randy so goddamned much, and I know that's the whole point.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Mar 3, 2023

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I laughed out loud when the doctor shot himself in the rear end. Other than that, the episode was a total mess. I thought it was good up until Sharon used the toilet. From there on it was disjointed.

I'll fix it:

Ep starts w/ Randy in the waiting room at the proctologist for whatever. Hemorrhoids or something. Have some mild gross out humor during the visit. When he leaves he is accosted by a guy in a trenchcoat saying he has the stuff to cure his rear end. He opens the trenchcoat and there are flyers for TOTO washlets.

Randy then goes to home depot looking for a washlet. Gets upsold on the super deluxe model. Keep some of that stuff leading up to Sharon.

Then change literally everything else that happens except for the doctor showing up to see where Randy has been and then holding up Home Depot and shooting himself in the rear end.

None of the stuff with Stan and the kids was funny, added to the plot, or had any reason being there. None of the stuff with the toilet paper companies worked. If they wanted to compare it to wearing masks they needed to lean into that. Not just a throwaway line. Randy getting shot was pointless, too. It wasn't funny and it didn't go anywhere fun.

There is a lot of funny stuff that could happen with the bidet. Definitely enough to fill out the rest of an episode.

Meh. They need to spend time working on these episodes and stop cranking them out.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

ShoogaSlim posted:

i need the track that randy's toilet plays so i can have it on loop on the google home mini in my bathroom

Days of Blues by Sons of Maria.

Protip: get Shazam on your phone ASAP, that's how I was able to figure it out. I'm the kind of person who constantly wants to know what songs in are in shows or randomly playing in stores and before Shazam I would come close to madness trying to figure out specific instrumental pieces without lyrics you can Google were.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UePsEG_zQAE

I love when Youtube comments go from generic "wow, fantastic song" before a specific date to all about sitting on a Japanese toilet afterwards.

Danzel Glovington
Mar 16, 2006

Waltzing Along posted:

None of the stuff with the toilet paper companies worked.

Isn't all that stuff true though? Like I thought it was pretty :aaaaa: and was going like, drat I gotta get a bidet now.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Isn't all that stuff true though? Like I thought it was pretty :aaaaa: and was going like, drat I gotta get a bidet now.

Yea it was all true and totally worked as the underlying message of the episode... Also Randy getting shot was their way of wrapping up the episode quickly, they do that often with South Park, wrapping up the main storyline with 1 gag.

covidstomper58
Nov 8, 2020

They just got to him too.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Good episode, it wrapped up the way it did because Randy is cowardly and stupid, which is definitely an established trait of his character

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
I’m pretty sure it wrapped up that way because they aren’t putting that much effort into these and if it comes together, great. If it doesn’t, do a non-ending and make that the joke. In the end it’s funny enough so whatever, but these days I can usually notice the moment in the episode where they let the plot get away from them and say “oh well, we’re too deep into this.”

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

SweetMercifulCrap! posted:

I’m pretty sure it wrapped up that way because they aren’t putting that much effort into these and if it comes together, great. If it doesn’t, do a non-ending and make that the joke. In the end it’s funny enough so whatever, but these days I can usually notice the moment in the episode where they let the plot get away from them and say “oh well, we’re too deep into this.”

Yeah, this episode was pretty good overall but you know the phrase "non-starter"? This was a "non-finisher", it just kinda petered out in the end, even if it was entirely in-character for Randy to puss out when things got tough.

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

Santa Cat Says: Good deeds are the things to always do, just make sure someone is watching you
Maybe it needed some of that old South Park wackiness. Like the toilets become giant robots and attack the town, or Randy gets brainwashed into thinking he is Japanese and attacks the Chinese restaurant.

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino
Completely out of context with current conversation, the games are cheapo on Steam right now and I haven't played Stick Of Truth in a few years since I gave my brother my 360.

It's so good. Fractured probably had better combat but both of these games are definitely "it's cold outside, comfort games"

Bananaquiter
Aug 20, 2008

Ron's not here.

It ended that way because Trey and Matt don't want to get shot.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Bananaquiter posted:

It ended that way because Trey and Matt don't want to get shot.

Cowards.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Stan asks Clyde for dating advice, in an all-new episode titled, “Deep Learning”, premiering Wednesday, March 8 at 10/9c on Comedy Central.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2SuBGH8ilQ

The dude and bro is pretty uncharastic of Clyde so I'm betting at least part of this episode was put into ChatGPT...

SLICK GOKU BABY fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Mar 6, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Cacator posted:

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I hate Randy so goddamned much, and I know that's the whole point.

Just getting around to watching this one and I think I've about had it with Randy Marsh Adventures. There's an opportunity there to make them funny and yet they always go down the over-indulgent Randy rabbit hole.

Just as I say that Randy gets picked off and the "protcologist/Home Depot not actually a joke setup" bit happens and it's brilliant.

McSpanky posted:

Yeah, this episode was pretty good overall but you know the phrase "non-starter"? This was a "non-finisher", it just kinda petered out in the end, even if it was entirely in-character for Randy to puss out when things got tough.

I was wondering if this was going to start another multi episode arc centered around Randy, Stan, and Jimmy taking on the toilet paper companies. I'm glad it didn't.

Stare-Out posted:

Trey Parker speaks fluent Japanese and has done for many South Park episodes and it's always funny to me.

It's brilliant every time.