Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

RandomReader posted:

Now come on and scoop some eyeballs, the world isn't going to blind itself.

If you're expecting searing vindictiveness, I'm gonna have to let you down. Getting angry is effort, and I only put effort into shitposting.

Anyways, my take on the 6-Sinner thing is pretty simple: I'm absolutely sure it's a bug. My reasoning for this is as such:

This is a shot of a party set up to use the glitch. If we hit go right now, we'll have 6 Sinners show up. However, if we deselect a Sinner and select our Support...

It says 'Selected' over Ishmael here just like it would over anyone else. We're in :lobcorp: territory with this one for sure. That does lead to the question of 'so what does this mean, really?' which... Ultimately, the game isn't currently balanced around having 6 Sinners on our side. We can tell from the overall damage output and the initial action numbers of the difficult content in the game, they simply aren't able to keep up with even a decent 6-Sinner build. As long as you have level parity and are properly uptied, you're going to win and it won't be particularly close.

Now, because this is a bug, it does lead to the question of if it's okay for people to be using. Given that it only applies to normal story mode combat, and the game lacks any form of competitive thing to make unfair advantages a real problem, I'm of the opinion that it should be treated like any other kind of :lobcorp: jank. If you need to use it to get through things that you find overwhelmingly difficult, go for it. You're not actually hurting anyone. If you want to play the game the way it was initially intended: Also go for it! Supports are still there to help you if you want an OP unit as a fifth, you don't have to use them as an extra. That's pretty much where I'm at with it. It's a player-favoring bug and ultimately that's what it should be treated as.

That said... If they add story fights later with 6 sinners base, and adding an extra support through this bug crashes the game, I am going to laugh really hard because I think it'd be incredibly funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
search engine in the world!"
-- The GoogleProg

Junpei posted:

it seems really obvious that you could do a Super Raid Mode where you use all 12 Sinners at once

That's actually very likely down the line! There was a preview video at one point (I believe one of the YouTube videos or one on their old Twitter handle?) that showed off a full 12-coin combat with all 12 sinners in the field at once instead of having multiple coins for each one. Likewise, I do not think the support character is a bug, given both that video and the fact that nothing actually misbehaves when they're brought in: If anything is a bug it's the way selection defaults back to the support character in the UI. With the number of public posts of apology and bug-addressing they've done, it'd be very uncharacteristic for them not to have commented on this if it were a problem.

Ariamaki fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Mar 4, 2023

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
I feel like they should make the glitch "official," but make it so you can't get the EX ranking if you use it. That way you've got an easy mode if you just want to get through the story or come up against a hard wall, but there's still a reason to go in with the intended five-man party.

Speaking of unusual party sizes, turns out soloing fights is actually quite possible! The real hurdle seems to be surviving the first few turns so you can get enough actions to defend yourself.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

Ariamaki posted:

That's actually very likely down the line! There was a preview video at one point (I believe one of the YouTube videos or one on their old Twitter handle?) that showed off a full 12-coin combat with all 12 sinners in the field at once instead of having multiple coins for each one. Likewise, I do not think the support character is a bug, given both that video and the fact that nothing actually misbehaves when they're brought in: If anything is a bug it's the way selection defaults back to the support character in the UI. With the number of public posts of apology and bug-addressing they've done, it'd be very uncharacteristic for them not to have commented on this if it were a problem.

To clarify, I think the bug is being able to field 6 through the Support pick thing. The combat system is probably fine to field huge fields of people—I'd liken it to the Abnormality Selection glitch putting the extra abno in that slot on the roof, because Lobcorp's facility has a lot of invisible abnormality slots that never get used in normal gameplay just in case of some fuckery happening. If that makes sense.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
As a non-gatcha player, how does the increased 00 probability on the 10th pull work? Is that only for when you do 10 pulls at once or does it also apply to individual pulls? And does it reset the count when you randomly get a 00 before the 10th pull or will you still have that guaranteed 00 coming?

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Pigbuster posted:

As a non-gatcha player, how does the increased 00 probability on the 10th pull work? Is that only for when you do 10 pulls at once or does it also apply to individual pulls? And does it reset the count when you randomly get a 00 before the 10th pull or will you still have that guaranteed 00 coming?

It only applies if you do a 10x draw, and the way it works is that 9 of your pulls have the normal listed rates, and the 10th pull has the special rates listed under the gacha rates. if you hit 4 00's or 000's in the first 9 pulls, the 10th still has the guaranteed 00 odds listed under Probabilities.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

TeeQueue posted:

It only applies if you do a 10x draw, and the way it works is that 9 of your pulls have the normal listed rates, and the 10th pull has the special rates listed under the gacha rates. if you hit 4 00's or 000's in the first 9 pulls, the 10th still has the guaranteed 00 odds listed under Probabilities.

Welp. I guess I got lucky that my 10 single pulls got me a 000 and 00, then!

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Pigbuster posted:

Welp. I guess I got lucky that my 10 single pulls got me a 000 and 00, then!

Incredibly so! In the future, it's worth it to save for 10x's unless you're extremely desperate.

Like, 'The banner with a unit I really want ends in 2 days and I have gauged that I would rather pull twice instead of not at all' desperate.

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
-- The GoogleProg

Irony.or.Death posted:

that was like 10x too long for a mobile play session.

You CAN just quit out of dungeons and do other stuff between floors / after every checkpoint: It saves all progress, even through a full shutdown and across platforms. Hell, even later on or mid-fight, it just reverts back to the checkpoint. Just because you gorged it in one sitting does not mean it isn't set up to work for shorter play sessions.

TeeQueue posted:

I have seen games do this both ways, some where it's cumulative across singles and others where it has to be true 10x. It is a shame that it's not cumulative here (as far as I can tell from the language in the Probabilities tab) given the daily 90% discounted extraction on each banner: It would be nice for frugal paying players to be able to stretch their money over time by doing a lot of cheap single pulls and still get the bigger odds once every week and a half.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Yeah, I've yet to be Dungeon 3's final boss so right now I've just been hopping out, doing Mirror Dungeon runs for XP tickets, using them on the Identities I brought on the run (and they will be leveled up mid-run when I pop back into the dungeon) and seeing if that helps. I'm making progress! Kromer will go down eventually, power of Mili songs be damned.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

You're not wrong about that... I always forget it exists because I don't ever get paid Lunacy. :v:

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
If you want a season pass or the ability to do those really cheap daily single rolls but don't want to pay actual money to do it, the game being connected to Steam actually gives you a rather unique option:

Selling your Steam cards for pocket change! I got like, $15 worth of steambux out of doing this - not really enough to outright buy a game (especially not Octopath Traveller II, jesus christ they want full price for that) but enough to fuel my gacha addiction without hurting my wallet.

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
-- The GoogleProg
Note in Dungeon 3: The Seal you can get does not actually work at the Judging Block, possibly if you have some but not all of the other relevant Gifts. At least on my run despite having one it was unusable there.

GilliamYaeger posted:

If you want a season pass or the ability to do those really cheap daily single rolls but don't want to pay actual money to do it, the game being connected to Steam actually gives you a rather unique option:

Selling your Steam cards for pocket change! I got like, $15 worth of steambux out of doing this - not really enough to outright buy a game (especially not Octopath Traveller II, jesus christ they want full price for that) but enough to fuel my gacha addiction without hurting my wallet.

I do this pretty often and it's quite nice: I also buy a lot of cards off of the market from other players so it basically equalizes over time. :v:

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
Gacha aside my main complaint is the game is exceptionally terrible to play on phone due to Project Moon's questionable UI design and the small screen.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

RoyalScion posted:

Gacha aside my main complaint is the game is exceptionally terrible to play on phone due to Project Moon's questionable UI design and the small screen.

Also the periodic crashes when you try to use an EGO.

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

Ariamaki posted:

Note in Dungeon 3: The Seal you can get does not actually work at the Judging Block, possibly if you have some but not all of the other relevant Gifts. At least on my run despite having one it was unusable there.

Yeah, I had this on my run too - had one but only one of the other relevant gifts and the seal option was disabled. No strong feeling about whether it's more likely to be a bug or a mistranslation of the option.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Irony.or.Death posted:

Yeah, I had this on my run too - had one but only one of the other relevant gifts and the seal option was disabled. No strong feeling about whether it's more likely to be a bug or a mistranslation of the option.

I had both gifts and no seal and the option didn't work. You need to have all of them.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

"We worded something poorly during the stage of the game where most people are rerolling for amazing starts anyways, we're gonna fix the wording but also have a free 10x with guaranteed 3*"

:lobcorp:

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

i always feel so bad when i read these. everyone please be nice to project moon

e: beaten

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

BisbyWorl posted:

Also the periodic crashes when you try to use an EGO.

Surprisingly it hasn't crashed for me beyond sometimes when I change to the browser or smth but that happens with other games as well.

That said I think I'm unaturally lucky with dodging bugs, Pokemon besides some of the usual minor things felt a relatively bug free experience for example :v:

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

studio mujahideen posted:

Honestly, at this point I think they're just looking for excuses to give everyone free poo poo.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Yeah, I've had my phone slow down and get really hot but never outright crash yet.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Mine doesn't crash when using an EGO but does crash after so many mirrors dungeon levels in a row...

I honestly think it's based on the phone model and the ram it has, I say based entirely on no data. :v:

Anyways everyone be nice to PM they're good people.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

I'm starting to think that Project Moon doesn't actually know how to run a gacha, this is so much more than anything else I've seen. :ohdear:

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

TeeQueue posted:

Mine doesn't crash when using an EGO but does crash after so many mirrors dungeon levels in a row...

I honestly think it's based on the phone model and the ram it has, I say based entirely on no data. :v:

Anyways everyone be nice to PM they're good people.

Checks out, my phone has a few years but it has 11 GB RAM and a good CPU. FGO rans actually well for me 99% of the time when a lot of people complain about it.

That said the fact this game can heat it up after 5 min in combat does show it's about as optimized for mobile as Express Ticket to Hell is a worry free Abnormality :v:

EDIT: Also yeah, they're good even if gachas are still scummy, having the balls of being 50% cheaper 10 rolls than the competition (sad thought 13$ is comparatively cheap) and having sparking as well, that can theoretically get it F2P.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Eh, there was a chart that showed they are, in fact, racking in the cash.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

redneck nazgul posted:

I'm starting to think that Project Moon doesn't actually know how to run a gacha, this is so much more than anything else I've seen. :ohdear:

I assume that Project Moon isn't aiming for 'Infinite growth forever' capitalism hellhole and instead is looking for 'We pay all our bills and continue to move forward to make more games.'

That, I imagine, might give them a lot more flexibility to be generous when combined with their rabid base of insane superfans who just needed any excuse to throw money at them and say "YES GOOD MORE PLEASE."

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Yeah, quite literally they've said the reason they're doing a Gacha is to make a lot of money to fund other projects, not to infinitely monetary growth themselves. The monetisation is in service of making better products, rather than the goal in of itself like many other gacha.

Yggdrasi
Jan 23, 2020

Junpei posted:

I just wanted to say it's kinda minor but I love this little bit:

Where Meursault-of all people-is trying to calm/stop Angry Sinclair. That's sweet.

I've begun to really appreciate Meursault especially during gameplay. Being able to basic shut off an opponent for a turn is huge and it's fairly cheap. He fills a nice niche in my blunt team because of this.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
And we have our first banner!

N Corp Mittelhammer Rodion and Guido Meursault!

The main takeaway from this is that we're probably going to get enemy mooks and bosses as Identities, like in Library of Ruina with keypages.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

GilliamYaeger posted:

The main takeaway from this is that we're probably going to get enemy mooks and bosses as Identities, like in Library of Ruina with keypages.

Given that Identities definitely include "People we have killed," I for one cannot wait for One Who Grips Sinclair

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

TeeQueue posted:

Given that Identities definitely include "People we have killed," I for one cannot wait for One Who Grips Sinclair
The banner says N Corp #1, so there'll definitely be a second banner with that and the second type of N Corp mook.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

It’s working, because I’ve send some cash their way, which I usually don’t.

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
-- The GoogleProg

GilliamYaeger posted:

This is excellent news for me as I am deep into shard-grind hell for Meursault, as Pursuance is the last EGO for me in the current set. So now I can possibly use this extraction target banner to get a sweet new Identity AND grind to my sweet angelic facemelter even faster.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"
How do you uptie units, is that something you have to hit a story point to unlock or am I just not looking in the right spot, I am on Chapter 2-11 right now.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

TheNabster posted:

How do you uptie units, is that something you have to hit a story point to unlock or am I just not looking in the right spot, I am on Chapter 2-11 right now.
Long press your Identities in any of the menus where they pop up, either the overall character menu or the identity equip menu.

DuoRogue
Jul 19, 2022

My secret? I don't have any bones.
I wanted to note something - there IS a bug when you use support to get a 6th sinner, it's just not something easy to notice.

the damage rankings.

If you used a support 6th sinner, beat a map, and go to look at the detailed breakdowns, its completely broken. Everyone is replaced with a white square, korean name, with 5000 damage dealt and 500 damage taken.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"

GilliamYaeger posted:

Long press your Identities in any of the menus where they pop up, either the overall character menu or the identity equip menu.

Cheers! And what's the overall suggestion right now, Uptie your 3* Identities or something else?

DropTheAnvil
May 16, 2021

Project Moon made 100,000 in the first 2 days of launching Limbus Company. Trust me, people are being nice.

https://www.reddit.com/r/limbuscompany/comments/11f3tor/limbus_made_over_100k_dollars_just_on_mobile_alone/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verant
Oct 20, 2012

Go on an adventure ordained by fate?
-->Okay.
-->Eh.
So one thing I've learned doing the Mirror Dungeons is that the Rusty Commemorative Coin EGO gift gets nasty if you use it with a single coin EGO, like Outis's. Her spamming To Páthos Máthos on Headless Icthys basically saved me on that fight, especially after it lasered two of my other sinners down.