Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

veni veni veni posted:

I didn't know he left Easy Allies. been bouncing around his channel and his videos are really funny and on point.

Didn't even recognize him though. He looks exhausted.

yeah he left a while ago. im pretty sure he's making himself look worse as a bit for that youtube video series, he looks much better on his twitch streams.

this old stream of him playing this loving insane ps1 game called 'Tail of the Sun' is pretty funny, both because of him and because the game is so stupid and weird
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JckvpTKtdQ&t=863s

imhotep fucked around with this message at 11:28 on Mar 4, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Tale of the Sun is peak 1997 weirdness. I still have the EGM review of that one in an issue somewhere.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

I didn't know he left Easy Allies. been bouncing around his channel and his videos are really funny and on point.

Not that I mind watching longform stuff but I really like that he bucks the trend and keeps his vids to like 10 mins on average

edit; I also wait eagerly for that Nine Days song reference in each of his vids

BeanpolePeckerwood fucked around with this message at 11:55 on Mar 4, 2023

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

lmao

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

veni veni veni posted:

he moved back home iirc and got a writing job at a dev, i think he didnt want to be a solely game yter doing reaction vids (which he hates apparantly) but then he was like "okay maybe ill still do a bit of streaming-ohshit this pays my rent for the next 1000 years okay then" and then he started doing little delayed input stuff.

he still pops back up on easy allies tho when hes in town for geoff stuff since he writes for him too in game awards and what not. feel like easy allies lost a lot when he left and then jones and then ben jrpg moore, the others are still trying tho, just feels different, not bad different, but just like they lost a grounding element to things.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

imhotep posted:

yeah he left a while ago. im pretty sure he's making himself look worse as a bit for that youtube video series, he looks much better on his twitch streams.

this old stream of him playing this loving insane ps1 game called 'Tail of the Sun' is pretty funny, both because of him and because the game is so stupid and weird

this is why is love bosman, he will randomly play insane poo poo like this youve never heard of before to completion.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Brandon still lends his voice to reviews but yeah Huber's over the top personality is pulling a lot of weight these days. Nothing lasts forever.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Brandon still lends his voice to reviews but yeah Huber's over the top personality is pulling a lot of weight these days. Nothing lasts forever.

epic levels of weight pulling considering whats gone off in his personal life in recent years, dunno how he does it lol. i like the rest of them tho, Don getting more time to shine is good.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Vikar Jerome posted:

this is why is love bosman, he will randomly play insane poo poo like this youve never heard of before to completion.

Surprised OGs itt have never heard of this game. Do you live in PlayStation Nation or are you some wastrel scouring the Cursed Earth?

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Surprised OGs itt have never heard of this game. Do you live in PlayStation Nation or are you some wastrel scouring the Cursed Earth?

i live outside the m25, so yeah, the cursed earth!

1997 was more "hell yeah, zelda! wait what, they are making a sequel to pc game resident evil! cool, hey whats this new pc demo final fan- seven. what is this. whats with all zips and hair????"

i was pc and nintendo until 1999... needed to see disc 2 of ff7, pc couldnt handle it and then flood gates opened after that, guess the weirder ps1 games got lost in all that sweet nectar.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I'll know it's true love if I meet someone who also played the demo of Tunnel B1 multiple times in winter of 1996.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

fridge corn posted:

I wonder what Tim Rogers thinks of octopath traveler 2

I dunno about this Rim Togers fellow but it's one of my all time favorites and I've still got plenty to do.

Could use a map filter or pins maybe, though. So many little areas I found and was uhderleveled for that I gotta remember.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

How's the plot for Octopath 2? I enjoyed the first one but I was a little put off by how little the characters' stories touched one another. The picture was coming together by the time you finished all 8 stories, but there was a hidden final chapter that was the true end of the story, but it was like 10 or 15 levels higher than you'd be by the end of the 8 stories, and I didn't have the patience to grind everyone up that far.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

I've only done 2 out of 8 so far but they were both satisfying. I personally enjoy the characters and writing so far, it's gone to places I didn't expect, too.

Leveling doesn't seem to be too bad, though your main is gonna be grossly overleveled if you focus on leveling the other seven. For instance my main is 69 and most of my party is low 50s. Grinding doesn't take that long compared to some other jrpgs I've touched.

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!
I'm only like an hour into the clerics story and goddamn this game is pretty

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Flamechurch Catherdral Area at night is one of my favorite places in the game so far, whole game is gorgeous.

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!
When the cleric had his lantern out in the cave I was :allears:

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
40 hours into Octopath 2 and my main is only level 30. Going around doing everyones chapter 2 atm, though I still havent met Osvald yet. This game owns so much. Theres so much left I've got to explore!

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Osvald's great though!

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Anyone ever had a stick drift that comes and goes?

I switched over to my dual sense after having only used the be sense controllers for the past week and it instantly started drifting to the left, navigating to the far left of the home screen. The previous time I used it, it worked fine and it’s only sat on the desk since then. I tried resetting the controller and that did nothing, so then I reset the PS5. After rebooting, the drift was gone and the controller worked fine… for about an hour, then the drift returned.

Anyone encountered this or have any idea what’s going on? Not sure if the controller needs to be replaced or if there is some software fuckery going on.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Not drift, but my controller had this awful squeak on left trigger after platinuming Ghostwire and it went away after a couple weeks. FPS games were drat annoying.

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass

imhotep posted:

This game was wild and I have no idea why they never let you rotate the camera. I liked exploring and finding caves or weird other landmarks; once you were able to kill a mammoth it didnt take too long to beat.

Now I want Sony to put that up with the other PS1 games theyve been re-releasing!

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Where are they square... where are those pixel remasters you promised!!

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

imhotep posted:

it's pretty amazing that he made a point to use zangief as an example of street fighter 6's jiggle physics, because zangief isnt sexualized in the way that most of the other jiggly street fighter characters. then the street fighter twitter tweeted this a few days later
https://twitter.com/StreetFighter/status/1629496785738641414?s=20

SF6 leaning 100% into the raging horny energy owns so hard. I can’t wait for it.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Vikar Jerome posted:

on your telephone, just like god intended

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Escobarbarian posted:

Truly the final boss of jrpgs

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Vikar Jerome posted:

:bahgawd:

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Escobarbarian posted:

No, god intended all final fantasies playable on the playstation which is why he invented it

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Not the PS1 versions of 5 & 6 though

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
But they gave us these sweet fmvs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZF_OMWluKGA

dog nougat fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Mar 4, 2023

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum
Played the demo for octopath traveler 2, is the encounter rate for random battles super high through the whole game? I almost didn’t want to go get chests because I’d have to fight another pointless battle against an enemy that doesn’t even have a chance to attack

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Sweeper posted:

Played the demo for octopath traveler 2, is the encounter rate for random battles super high through the whole game? I almost didn’t want to go get chests because I’d have to fight another pointless battle against an enemy that doesn’t even have a chance to attack

The encounter rate is fairly high, but there's ways to mitigate it, like Osvald gets a support skill that reduces it

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Yeah, and eventually you can put that ability on anyone. It doesn't stack but it certainly helps keep encounters down. There's an accessory for it somewhere, though I've not found it yet.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

I've found the encounter rate in octopath 2 to be fairly low... imo... :shrug:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Lol
https://twitter.com/cooperlund/status/1631696160678113282?t=3wEkuUEI5QlDTpwOqi1QkQ&s=19

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Idk who those ppl are but lol get rekt veni

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

fridge corn posted:

Idk who those ppl are but lol get rekt veni

Me either. I saw it in a different thread and it made me lmao that a veni take escaped into the wild.

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!

Sweeper posted:

Every fight makes you stronger, embrace it

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

RichterIX posted:

Thanks for this! I generally try to avoid those like "10 things you should know before you start _________" listicles but after only putting 2 or 3 hours into FFXV last night it feels like a game where looking at one of them might be worthwhile. I've been dumping all my AP into the "get AP for doing things" skills because it feels like getting those right from the start might pay off in the long-term. I'm hoping that's not a mistake because they're pretty pricey for the early game.

My favorite is Prompto because the game turns into a third person shooter. He is really good to go against flying / annoying things and does a ton of damage.

Next, I'd recommend Ignis and he is a rogue ninja who zaps around the battlefield. Gladio is only OK unless you really like the tanky style.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

i get what veni is trying to say and also twitter is aids