Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Fangz posted:

If Claire wasn't full of poo poo he wouldn't be sending you to trick those people into giving you their signature.

Because people always act rationally in their long term best interests.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Orange Devil posted:

Development and gentrification are different things.

Specifically, gentrification is improving an area so that *other* people can move in. Development is improving an area for the people currently living there. Which one do you think Evrart is doing?

Slapping down a big building right outside someone's door does not sound like it is improving the area for the people living there.

Like talking to the various people, it's pretty clear the development is designed to drive out the people there.

Janissary Hop
Sep 2, 2012

There’s like a dozen people living there if you include the drunks and the club people. Not that it really matters since Evrart is probably biting off more than he can chew and the whole area is getting nuked in 20 years.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Orange Devil posted:

Development and gentrification are different things.

Specifically, gentrification is improving an area so that *other* people can move in. Development is improving an area for the people currently living there. Which one do you think Evrart is doing?

Gentrification, the game specifically says he's intentionally trying to drive the people currently living there out of their homes using loud construction noise so he can buy up the land for cheap and have other people move there.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Building Communism requires breaking a few eggs. Did you think that only applied to real estate agents and cafeteria managers hoarding their garbage?

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

making the mother of all omelettes here, raphaël ambrosius costeau

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

building communism requires a giant ghost, actually

https://mobile.twitter.com/walletcheck/status/1631799791478013953

i feel like it would take just a little workshopping to turn this into DE dialogue

Ramie fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Mar 4, 2023

KORNOLOGY
Aug 9, 2006
I am watching "Sea Power" 's music videos and there is a shot of Ruby and Tommy together. I assume they are privy to lore and and don't know it. Thus there is a reason she and him intrisectaly trust each other.

KORNOLOGY
Aug 9, 2006
Also why does Harry never mention the kids he raised as a Phy. Ed. teacher?

KORNOLOGY
Aug 9, 2006
I apologize for going on, but Harry couldn't put Dora as Delores because she was perfect. He made her Dolores because of the pain and death she caused.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

KORNOLOGY posted:

I apologize for going on, but Harry couldn't put Dora as Delores because she was perfect. He made her Dolores because of the pain and death she caused.

Yes

KORNOLOGY
Aug 9, 2006
There's a reason he never has anything bad to say about her. Like she has loud farts or eats like a pig. Harry has to convince himself that everything is his fault.

KORNOLOGY
Aug 9, 2006
A palate cleanser, sorry I don't know how to put a thumbnail.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8W5CPL52-Ow

Natroga
Apr 20, 2008
So after playing this game again for the first time since 2019 (I finished it and straight up deinstalled, needed to let this one sit a bit), I did the Tribunal again last night.

One of the options [Tribunal spoiler] after you are shot in the leg and Kim is tending to you, but before you warn him about being ambushed is straight up telling Kim that you lied about your amnesia.

Which. Hrm. I have mixed feelings about, and don't see discussed all that much? (I haven't read every single post on the internet about this game, so if it's a common discussion point, ignore!)

It's kiiind of true when you replay the game. Because you the *Player* have basically been faking it this entire time.

I don't really remember if it comes up again after this, I'm not finished.

I don't really have much to say about it, it's just something that's been bugging me.

KORNOLOGY
Aug 9, 2006

Harry is finally starting to realize he's in control of his life. He feels the shame of realizing that after being a belligerent jerk. The island episode clears it up.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Natroga posted:

So after playing this game again for the first time since 2019 (I finished it and straight up deinstalled, needed to let this one sit a bit), I did the Tribunal again last night.

One of the options [Tribunal spoiler] after you are shot in the leg and Kim is tending to you, but before you warn him about being ambushed is straight up telling Kim that you lied about your amnesia.

Which. Hrm. I have mixed feelings about, and don't see discussed all that much? (I haven't read every single post on the internet about this game, so if it's a common discussion point, ignore!)

It's kiiind of true when you replay the game. Because you the *Player* have basically been faking it this entire time.

I don't really have much to say about it, it's just something that's been bugging me.

e: rewatched a video where that choice was said, kim wasn't really paying attention to what harry was actually talking about while bleeding out, only mentioning that "I think you said you lied about being an amnesiac",

i think he just realizes harry was bullshiting also, because harry is 100% an amnesiac, even if the player isn't.

Roobanguy fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Mar 4, 2023

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I haven't picked that option myself, but I think if you do Kim straight up doesn't believe you, and gets mad at you for lying in some stupid scheme to make him feel better about your death. Like, player decisions, schmayer schmecisions, whatever outside knowledge you come with doesn't change the fact that Harry the character very much does have amnesia, and Kim is around long enough to figure out it's real even if you pick all the options to pretend otherwise.

E: Especially if you pick the options to pretend otherwise.

Zulily Zoetrope fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Mar 4, 2023

Natroga
Apr 20, 2008
Ok, cool. Thanks, I will probably finish it tonight. Should have just waited. : )

The Tribunal is still a loving masterpiece in Game Design, though. Goddamn.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Natroga posted:

Ok, cool. Thanks, I will probably finish it tonight. Should have just waited. : )

The Tribunal is still a loving masterpiece in Game Design, though. Goddamn.

Doing the Tribunal without a gun is the most tense thing I have EVER experienced in a video game. Doing that blind and not knowing there's literally no way to talk Kortenaer down... Just running around in circles trying to make logical point after point until it reaches its inevitable conclusion.

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

For some reason, "he's thinking about the leaf compactor" is one of the only situational bonus lines that won't leave me after finishing the game. Just a perfect little touch.

Janissary Hop
Sep 2, 2012

KORNOLOGY posted:

There's a reason he never has anything bad to say about her. Like she has loud farts or eats like a pig. Harry has to convince himself that everything is his fault.

He seems to resent her for the abortion thing since it's the only time she insults him without provocation. Comes out of nowhere and is out of "character" for how Harry otherwise views her.

KORNOLOGY
Aug 9, 2006
Blamo

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica

Natroga posted:

You can say a lot of things in this game

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Natroga posted:

cops lie all the time about everything OP

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

KORNOLOGY posted:

Also why does Harry never mention the kids he raised as a Phy. Ed. teacher?

The gently caress? He raised kids? Where do you learn that? I had no idea Harry was a dad.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Raised as in taught

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

He forget all the students so he could remember Contact Mike.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
I have played this game through three times now and somehow never got contact Mike despite having a high encyclopedia at least one of those

If only there was an inspiring figure who could get me to do a fourth playthrough

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I started a fash playthrough with high FYS (1/3/5/3). Harry, I mean Raphaël of course, is a teetotal meathead who hates communists, foreigners, amd women (in that order). He spectacularly mishandled reporting his missing badge and i'm pretty sure Garte is now an incel.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Bar Ran Dun posted:

He forget all the students so he could remember Contact Mike.

What if Contact Mike was his greatest student?

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

KORNOLOGY posted:

A palate cleanser, sorry I don't know how to put a thumbnail.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8W5CPL52-Ow

You use video tags instead of url, I fixed this for you :shobon:

cgeq
Jun 5, 2004

SixFigureSandwich posted:

I started a fash playthrough with high FYS (1/3/5/3). Harry, I mean Raphaël of course, is a teetotal meathead who hates communists, foreigners, amd women (in that order). He spectacularly mishandled reporting his missing badge and i'm pretty sure Garte is now an incel.

Me too. I'm going for a monarchist that's into history and full of toxic masculinity, so 5/2/5/2. Even though I'm a pig towards women I've ended up a feminist again already. I also flexed my biceps at Kim. I guess with those stats I could be a biotruther, but I want to stay away from the racism, while being distrustful of "foreigners" in a general sense and the Coalition in particular. I'll only pick on Kim for being a bit nerdy but I do want to bond with him over fast cars since that's macho, right?

KORNOLOGY
Aug 9, 2006

sebmojo posted:

You use video tags instead of url, I fixed this for you :shobon:

Thx man

KORNOLOGY
Aug 9, 2006
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9Xm46_7AA0

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

The graphics they added to the tribunal are pretty cool, but i really dislike the vocals in the song that they used, plus Sea Power should be the only artist soundtracking disco elysium

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
"Was getting a bowl cut the right call?"

https://twitter.com/PopulismUpdates/status/1632536379916951552

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"
That’s not a bowl cut. That’s bowlett

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
https://twitter.com/nowatchdog/status/1632197298968219648?s=20

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Drama: [Challenging] Success

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

watch false za/um add romance plots because sales and entirely miss the point the authors went for