Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
It definitely was meth. It was also pretty obvious they were sex workers, which is fine but they pretty clearly weren't interested so it's super weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-U1yb7PQw4o

It was a tie between that clip, Saving Private Ryan, Black Hawk Down, or Heat.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

I also forgot that after he beat the poo poo out of Heidi Fleiss for years, he and Fleiss agreed to appear on Celebrity Rehab together, and eventually Fleiss freaked out at him because she couldn't stand being near him because of her PTSD. (Granted, Dr. Drew was complicit in this and he is a libertarian nutjob who initially said that COVID was no big deal, but, still, gently caress Tom Sizemore.)

Timby fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Mar 4, 2023

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Quiet Feet posted:

Not a Bruce, not invited. Now if you want to interject other famous Bruces into this discussion I'm all ears.
Bruce Springsteen knee slides his crotch into the camera during the Super Bowl Halftime Show, and has the best WHOOPS face afterwords.

I think he has a punchers chance.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Grittybeard posted:

Gonna give a polite nod to Bruce Hornsby in our Bruce's bracket.

Don't think he'd win, but he makes the field.

mandolin rain slaps

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Grittybeard posted:

Gonna give a polite nod to Bruce Hornsby in our Bruce's bracket.

Don't think he'd win, but he makes the field.

Gotta add Bruce Payne, noted star of Passenger 57 and Highlander: Endgame, if for no other reason that he and Christopher Lambert nearly maimed each other during the filming of Endgame; Payne because he had absolutely zero training with a sword, and Lambert because he was already legally blind at that point but can't wear contacts because of an allergic reaction.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Wo long is fun as hell. It's like casual dark souls. Not that hard but kinda punishing.

Reminds me a lot of what I liked about hack and slash games years ago.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

fartknocker posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-U1yb7PQw4o

It was a tie between that clip, Saving Private Ryan, Black Hawk Down, or Heat.

Sizemore played* great dirtbags.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scc6TiHZeFE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHu-zB0kimg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVW3Bq5Akzc

*upon further reflection, I'm not sure he was acting per se.

Android Apocalypse fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Mar 4, 2023

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
Sad lack of Bruce Boxleitner, noted star of Babylon 5 and probably some other stuff, I guess.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Android Apocalypse posted:

Didn't his sex tape also have him doing drugs (probably meth?) on film? I vaguely remember seeing clips of it and he looked rough.

He was 34 in Heat.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

Sad lack of Bruce Boxleitner, noted star of Babylon 5 and probably some other stuff, I guess.

He's a Trumpist, I prefer not to think about him.

From his voice and mannerisms, I've always seen him as a poor man's Michael Douglas (much like how Jerry Doyle, also a reactionary conservative, was a poor man's Bruce Willis).

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Timby posted:

He's a Trumpist, I prefer not to think about him.

My brain tells me you're right but my love of B5 hopes you're wrong :negative:

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

My brain tells me you're right but my love of B5 hopes you're wrong :negative:

He and Doyle were notably the only Republicans in the starring cast and they bonded over it. And Boxleitner openly supported Trump in 2016 and 2020.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
Lalalalalala I can't hear you

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Who cares

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Why does PFT Commenter have a loving chain of cheesesteak restaurants

Is podcasting really making him that much money

https://pardonmycheesesteak.com/faq/

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

The Glumslinger posted:

Why does PFT Commenter have a loving chain of cheesesteak restaurants

Is podcasting really making him that much money

https://pardonmycheesesteak.com/faq/

Oh it's one of these virtual restaurant things. I believe the way they work is they just sublet from actual restaurants around the area, and the actual restaurant probably takes a bath on these orders but does get to do some business?

I read up on this a while back when some stupid streamer made the news for his version of this but I forget the details.

e:-vv yeah that was the one.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Mar 4, 2023

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I read an article about Mr Beast Burger being the same kinda thing

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

It is a little wild that this forum gets so hung up on this considering the general bent of a lot of the players in the league

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
That stuff is relatively expensive clicking through. A pickup order without delivery fees is like 26 bucks for a cheesesteak and an order of fries, at least from the location nearest to me.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

yeah ghost kitchens are always a complete crapshoot

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Freaquency posted:

It is a little wild that this forum gets so hung up on this considering the general bent of a lot of the players in the league

55 different things we buy or consume today will benefit lovely people with less than ideal beliefs. Thats the nature of society today.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
I swear to God sports will be the death of me. Maybe just Arsenal Football Club, really.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
As a goon that ordered a lot of chicken wings over the NFL season, ghost kitchens in Portland is a serious blight.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Amy Pole Her posted:

55 different things we buy or consume today will benefit lovely people with less than ideal beliefs. Thats the nature of society today.

It’s easy for this line of thinking to fall into the “yet your participate in society, curious” arena but yeah this is also very true. There is no ethical consumption under capitalism, but I’m not going to fault folks for trying not to give it to the worst people.

It’s much like individual recycling. I’m going to do my best but as long as Elon Musk is taking several 13min flights a day, I’m not going to be biking 20mi to work in southern heat or financing a 70k EV to make myself feel better or carting all my recyclables into the next county several times a month (since ours doesn’t separate at point of collection).

The lowest hanging fruit are the 1% who are loving it up for everyone else, let’s give them an aggressive haircut first. Individual efforts are completely dubious until we decide to take collective action against them.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
It’s 70 and sunny today so I gave the dogs a bath and

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Joey Freshwater posted:

It’s 70 and sunny today so I gave the dogs a bath and

Hell of a good doggo there

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

LeeMajors posted:

It’s easy for this line of thinking to fall into the “yet your participate in society, curious” arena but yeah this is also very true. There is no ethical consumption under capitalism, but I’m not going to fault folks for trying not to give it to the worst people.

It can also very easily go the other way where you decide not to patronize or support anyone who doesn’t agree exactly with your worldview. Purity politics doesn’t help anybody.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Freaquency posted:

It can also very easily go the other way where you decide not to patronize or support anyone who doesn’t agree exactly with your worldview. Purity politics doesn’t help anybody.

This poster has never politically organized a day in their life

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Freaquency posted:

Purity politics are fine as long as you recognize the reality that if you aren’t a farmer making your own clothes and dying at 50, handplowing your own fields, you’re giving money to bad people.

I’m just saying I’m not going to shame people for voting for their money and I’m not going to shame them for recognizing that capitalism has given us zero ethical choices.

Life is hard enough without grilling people for watching a MAGA chud on TV or shopping at Home Depot.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

seiferguy posted:

Huh, I might try that since I still go to Edmonds, which is a bit of a trek from Tacoma.

Jesus I'll say it is

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

LeeMajors posted:

handplowing your own fields

I read this as handplowing your own friends and had questions...

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

I read this as handplowing your own friends and had questions...

OnlyFans is an honest living

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I never pay attention to the NBA until the playoffs, what is up with all the Ja Morant drama recently?

I laughed at the Shannon Sharpe thing but apparently there's more going on here?

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

LeeMajors posted:

Purity politics are fine as long as you recognize the reality that if you aren’t a farmer making your own clothes and dying at 50, handplowing your own fields, you’re giving money to bad people.

I’m just saying I’m not going to shame people for voting for their money and I’m not going to shame them for recognizing that capitalism has given us zero ethical choices.

Life is hard enough without grilling people for watching a MAGA chud on TV or shopping at Home Depot.

Oh yeah, I think I just missed your point. It’s obnoxious when you post something in any moderately left space and someone rushes in and says “you can’t like this person because person BAD” and they’re, like, a YouTuber with 1000 followers who donated to Yang gang or some poo poo. A C-list celebrity who was last in “Roux the Day: A Gourmet Detective Mystery” falls into that category in my mind. I have my own people and institutions I prefer not to interact with but I’m also not going to push them onto anyone else.

Ornery and Hornery posted:

This poster has never politically organized a day in their life

I do a lot more political activism then bitching moaning on a dying Internet forum so gently caress all the way off with this poo poo.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

I never pay attention to the NBA until the playoffs, what is up with all the Ja Morant drama recently?

I laughed at the Shannon Sharpe thing but apparently there's more going on here?

He is apparently getting into fights with people for no real reason. He threw hands with both a mall cop and a kid at a pickup game, and his dad and friends have been causing poo poo at games. Seems like someone who is struggling with being young and also one of the most paid-attention to figures in sports but he probably needs to get someone to sit down with him and help him get his head on straight.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Freaquency posted:

Oh yeah, I think I just missed your point. It’s obnoxious when you post something in any moderately left space and someone rushes in and says “you can’t like this person because person BAD” and they’re, like, a YouTuber with 1000 followers who donated to Yang gang or some poo poo. A C-list celebrity who was last in “Roux the Day: A Gourmet Detective Mystery” falls into that category in my mind. I have my own people and institutions I prefer not to interact with but I’m also not going to push them onto anyone else.

I do a lot more political activism then bitching moaning on a dying Internet forum so gently caress all the way off with this poo poo.

How DARE you!

:v:

I don't think Timby meant it that way, I just played along. In reality I'll still enjoy the show, stupid politics aside.

Now let me tell you about A A Ron...

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

LeeMajors posted:

Purity politics also does not work well in reality because most people are not terminally online and keeping track of 1000 things to be aggrieved about. A bunch of coworkers were excited for the Harry Potter game and Diablo IV, no one has any knowledge about work culture or twitter politics.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Pain of Mind posted:

Purity politics also does not work well in reality because most people are not terminally online and keeping track of 1000 things to be aggrieved about. A bunch of coworkers were excited for the Harry Potter game and Diablo IV, no one has any knowledge about work culture or twitter politics.

The lack of purity politics, particularly on the left, has led to significant and steady ratcheting to the right.

There are certainly other factors, but I’m watching pure strain fascists put a gun to the heads of the GOP and march them rightward, while centrist dems blame the left and screech about bipartisanship.

Purity politics do work if you’ve got the spine to stick to them.

E: also I’m not going to wade too hard into politics here, needless to say capitalism is loving us all and should be abolished but welp

LeeMajors fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Mar 4, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Meanwhile I'm happy my purity politics of never shopping at Walmart has them closing all their locations in Portland.

See? Voting with your wallet works!