Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

I tried, but my list was just like "look at all these ETB triggers that don't really get me closer to winning the game".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Framboise posted:

Haven't got mine yet. Still waiting.

:same:

Apparently the fulfillment is random, n not based on when you order? No biggie for me, although I peeped the KS comments and jfc people are so entitled and salty about not having every fuckin step of this micromanaged by prof

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Johnny Truant posted:

:same:

Apparently the fulfillment is random, n not based on when you order? No biggie for me, although I peeped the KS comments and jfc people are so entitled and salty about not having every fuckin step of this micromanaged by prof

He should be hand packing the pledges and mailing them out from his local UPS store personally.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

He should be hand delivering them, and also bringing me Taco Bell :colbert:

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Each deck box should bring one of his $45 precons he's started a video series of.

E:

You know, whatever they did with this foil Restoration Angel promo, they need to do with other foils.

Batterypowered7 fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Mar 3, 2023

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

I've been having a lot of fun with Kykar Storm in HBrawl. Here's where I got to for EDH. I really want to resolve a Thousand Year Storm and then win the game but Arena (:argh:) doesn't let me take long enough turns.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Papa Was A Video Toaster posted:

I've been having a lot of fun with Kykar Storm in HBrawl. Here's where I got to for EDH. I really want to resolve a Thousand Year Storm and then win the game but Arena (:argh:) doesn't let me take long enough turns.

I can tell this was a Brawl deck because the cards cost mana.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Toshimo posted:

I can tell this was a Brawl deck because the cards cost mana.

I chortled.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I got my TCC deckbox today and it's loving great. Definitely the highest quality magic accessory I own.

Dreqqus
Feb 21, 2013

BAMF!
What's the gnarliest cEDH level PreDH deck? I run proxies and I'm trying to prove a point to someone.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Dreqqus posted:

What's the gnarliest cEDH level PreDH deck? I run proxies and I'm trying to prove a point to someone.

Who knows? Nobody has put any effort into it because it's Sheldon's pet format now that he's jaded with the one he ruined.

Dreqqus
Feb 21, 2013

BAMF!
Fair enough, lol, I was thinking Zur Labman but not familiar enough with cEDH to know if it'd work within those restrictions. The point I'm trying to prove is that this 'format' is solving a problem that doesn't exist.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Dreqqus posted:

You could probably build a UGxxx Food Chain deck in prEDH

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
What the gently caress is PreDH?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Dreqqus posted:

Fair enough, lol, I was thinking Zur Labman but not familiar enough with cEDH to know if it'd work within those restrictions. The point I'm trying to prove is that this 'format' is solving a problem that doesn't exist.

Labman doesn't exist in it.

The correct answer is Flash/Hulk because Sheldon spent years telling us it wasn't a problem, so surely his pet format can handle it.

Dreqqus
Feb 21, 2013

BAMF!

Toshimo posted:

it's Sheldon's pet format now that he's jaded with the one he ruined.

E: seriously though it's EDH with the nebulous restriction of 'before they started designing for commander '

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Toshimo posted:

Labman doesn't exist in it.

The correct answer is Flash/Hulk because Sheldon spent years telling us it wasn't a problem, so surely his pet format can handle it.

The ban list stays the same, so Flash is still banned.

E:

Oh God, Innistrad doesn't make the cut, so no Misthollow Griffin for Food Chain. I have no loving clue what cEDH looks like only playing with New Phyrexia as the latest set.

Batterypowered7 fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Mar 3, 2023

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.
Ad Nauseam is legal; that'd be my guess for "best deck" under those restrictions. Not sure how many of the modern cedh tools we'd have, but i'm sure it can be made to work.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

What's the wincon, though?

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

I got my TCC deckbox today and it's loving great. Definitely the highest quality magic accessory I own.

What was the timeframe on getting an email with a tracking number and the package showing up?

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Jiro posted:

What was the timeframe on getting an email with a tracking number and the package showing up?

The distribution centers can send out like 500-600 orders a day some KS update said, and the order is random, not based on when you got in on the KS afaik

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Jiro posted:

I got my shipping e-mail on March 1st and should get the box tomorrow, March 4th. I believe the label was created on the 1st and it shipped out the 2nd just after midnight.

E:

Johnny Truant posted:

The distribution centers can send out like 500-600 orders a day some KS update said, and the order is random, not based on when you got in on the KS afaik

I believe Jiro was asking how long between that specific poster getting their shipping e-mail and actually receiving the box.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

I believe you are correct and I can't read! :bederper:

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!
There's a few ways to win immediately off infinite mana, so presumably something designed around getting infinite mana asap

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

Batterypowered7 posted:

What's the wincon, though?

Worldgorger combo or something like that for infinite mana, something something?

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Worldgorger combo and then Comet Storm the table?

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Batterypowered7 posted:

I have no loving clue what cEDH looks like only playing with New Phyrexia as the latest set.

Hey, wait. Didn't Ken Nagle confirm he made Argentum Armor for his Godo deck? We need to go even earlier!

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Batterypowered7 posted:

I got my shipping e-mail on March 1st and should get the box tomorrow, March 4th. I believe the label was created on the 1st and it shipped out the 2nd just after midnight.

E:

I believe Jiro was asking how long between that specific poster getting their shipping e-mail and actually receiving the box.

Yep thanks for clarifying that! Thanks for the replies y'all.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

AlternateNu posted:

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
PreDH is just "only cards printed from New Phyrexia or before are legal".

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
I'd rather try my hand at Pauper cEDH than a 100% static format.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

LibrarianCroaker posted:

weird

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

If you're looking for a turbo combo deck for the predh format, here is a first draft that I came up with in like an hour. Was kinda a cool time spent on figuring out what to do and build out of the stuff that wouldn't be used today. Ad naus and doomsday lines are probably the best go-to combo lines. I think infinite mana is a trap, because there aren't many good outlets for it. So zur is pretty good. I think you could probably do something good with scion of the ur dragon as well.

That being said, I'd personally would probably never play predh because it would get solved so incredibly quickly. Sheldon is pining for days when collaboration on decks, and constant iteration to push the power level of a deck up didn't exist on the same level that it does today. That can't be recreated and any attempt to create a format like that is going to eventually just get solved into probably 2-3 top tier decks and a bunch of random bullshit that people are putting together and slowly iterating into the most powerful versions of their decks because tools like scryfall exist and are much more powerful than what existed 11 years ago.

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms

LibrarianCroaker posted:

I can understand the appeal of a format without the cards made for commander, since part of the fun for me was looking at old weird cards and trying to make them work. Remember Oblation? I didn't. My non-MTG playing brother happened across it at a game store; I stopped buying cards in that block and had never heard it, but I slotted it in my terribad Zur deck because it was a way to remove commanders at the time. Honestly, I'd cut it off much earlier like Future Sight or even as far back as original Ravnica or Mirrodin blocks. For me, that was when I was buying cards, so I'm sure the idea place is different for everyone. Regardless, it should be back when legends were mostly really, really bad or really really weird.

Some quick napkin math since talking about this made me curious. This may not be exactly right, but it's kind of interesting.

Legal commanders from before 2011: 434 of 11205 or 3.87%
Legal commanders from 2011 and after: 1385 of 17246 or 8.03%

Of course, boredom with the format is not just powerful legend choices but the homogeneity (or feeling thereof) of Commander-specific cards in the 99 like Fierce Guardianship. Part of this is driven by more choices in gold legends necessarily making more options pervasive, but maybe it's actually just salt? EDH rec says it's only in 16-18% of decks. That's kind of a lot, but that leads to questions of: what % of decks could play it (having blue in their color identity) and how many people out there can't play it since it's 50 loving dollars and maybe that's too much for them? If only there was a better way...

The better way is proxies.

edit: VVVV Ah. Good to know. Should have figured it was eligible decks not all decks, honestly.

Magnetic North fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Mar 4, 2023

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
EDHrec's %ages already account for color restrictions.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

Toshimo posted:

EDHrec's %ages already account for color restrictions.

And also only include decks built since the card was released

Balon
May 23, 2010

...my greatest work yet.

AlternateNu posted:

Boomer commander

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Balon posted:

Boomer commander

Watched your Myr video and I've gotta say, I'm feeling more handsome already.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Jiro posted:

Two days, UPS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

UPS handed mine off to USPS so now I gotta wait for that ;_;

E:

This thing is bigger than I thought it was gonna be, lol

Batterypowered7 fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Mar 4, 2023