Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
Anyone having problems with the third dungeon? Twice after completing the event room down and to the right of the first checkpoint (the one where you make a choice to stop the torture) I've come back to a black map. I've tried zooming out and scrolling around, but I can't find it, neither in Android nor PC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

"Yeh've forged a magnificent sword."

"This one's only practice. The real sword I intend to forge will be three times longer."

"Can there really be a sword as monstrous as that in this world?"

"Yes. I can see that sword... Somewhere out there..."

Fat Samurai posted:

Anyone having problems with the third dungeon? Twice after completing the event room down and to the right of the first checkpoint (the one where you make a choice to stop the torture) I've come back to a black map. I've tried zooming out and scrolling around, but I can't find it, neither in Android nor PC.

I believe that happened once to me, but I hit the "go back to checkpoint" button (in the same menu that lets you leave the dungeon) and it resolved itself. Rooms cleared stay cleared, so it's more a "walk me to this location" than anything that reverts progress.

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

I did another pull last night and got Mariachi Sinclair, so I went and uptied that and LobCorp Faust.

They, uh, whip rear end. Sorta want to see how the 000 units do fully uptied now if it’s so much if an upgrade, but I also don’t want to burn my shards to thread.

Is there a way to check out skill 3 without uptying? I feel like that will be a large part of figuring out who to uptie next, aside from the eternal John Madden of ego point gen potential.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
if you don't own a unit at all you can view their fully-uptied version in the dispense menu
but if you own them at uptie 1 there's no way to see it ingame

there's a list of all of them here though if you want an external resource

DuoRogue
Jul 19, 2022

My secret? I don't have any bones.

TheNabster posted:

Cheers! And what's the overall suggestion right now, Uptie your 3* Identities or something else?

getting to UT3 is a huge power boost, and there are plenty of powerful 2* identities; liu gregor and meursault, lccb and shi ishmael, mariachi sinclair, LC remnant faust, kurokumo hong lu, etc.
Unless you have a Super Broken identity (which is basically just Tingtang gang leader hong lu), its probably best to up some 2* for now.

Verant posted:

So one thing I've learned doing the Mirror Dungeons is that the Rusty Commemorative Coin EGO gift gets nasty if you use it with a single coin EGO, like Outis's. Her spamming To Páthos Máthos on Headless Icthys basically saved me on that fight, especially after it lasered two of my other sinners down.

it even works on AoEs! I just used it with faust's Representation Emitter earlier.

Ayndin posted:

I did another pull last night and got Mariachi Sinclair, so I went and uptied that and LobCorp Faust.

They, uh, whip rear end. Sorta want to see how the 000 units do fully uptied now if it’s so much if an upgrade, but I also don’t want to burn my shards to thread.

Is there a way to check out skill 3 without uptying? I feel like that will be a large part of figuring out who to uptie next, aside from the eternal John Madden of ego point gen potential.

as mentioned earlier, there IS a support system; my friend code is e767661610, if you want to try out kurokumo ryoshu, g corp gregor, or r corp heathcliff.

DuoRogue fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Mar 4, 2023

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Einander posted:

I believe that happened once to me, but I hit the "go back to checkpoint" button (in the same menu that lets you leave the dungeon) and it resolved itself. Rooms cleared stay cleared, so it's more a "walk me to this location" than anything that reverts progress.

I was saving the checkpoint until I did all the fights in the floor. Checkpoint will bring me to the start of the dungeon :(

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

DuoRogue posted:

getting to UT3 is a huge power boost, and there are plenty of powerful 2* identities; liu gregor and meursault, lccb and shi ishmael, mariachi sinclair, LC remnant faust, kurokumo hong lu, etc.
Unless you have a Super Broken identity (which is basically just Tingtang gang leader hong lu), its probably best to up some 2* for now.

it even works on AoEs! I just used it with faust's Representation Emitter earlier.

as mentioned earlier, there IS a support system; my friend code is e767661610, if you want to try out kurokumo ryoshu, g corp gregor, or r corp heathcliff.

honestly after having every 3O ID except Mersault's, I have kinda cooled on Ting Tang Hong Lu. I have found that basically every other 3O ID except Yi Sang and Warp Don (Unless I get like 3 Leaps early and can get a Rip Space off quick) are more consistent and pump out just as much damage. Seeing huge Mutilates is nice but a ton of the time it is just overkill and not really turning the tide of the fight itself. I think the extra attack/kill made everything think he was super broken, with his high end roll but the gambling on Mutilate is the main thing he has going for him and its eh.

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022
Single coin runs can be very dangerous with the right Gifts, especially because E.G.O. attacks are often single coin attacks (all of mine are but I'm not sure about all of them).

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

"This one's only practice. The real sword I intend to forge will be three times longer."

Fat Samurai posted:

I was saving the checkpoint until I did all the fights in the floor. Checkpoint will bring me to the start of the dungeon :(

No, I'm pretty sure that's not how it works? IIRC I was a few fights into floor 2 of the chapter 2 dungeon, I saved and went back to the title screen, I returned later to a blank black map, I hit "return to checkpoint," it brought me back to the start of the same floor and all my previous fights were cleared. You should be fine.

MotU posted:

honestly after having every 3O ID except Mersault's, I have kinda cooled on Ting Tang Hong Lu. I have found that basically every other 3O ID except Yi Sang and Warp Don (Unless I get like 3 Leaps early and can get a Rip Space off quick) are more consistent and pump out just as much damage. Seeing huge Mutilates is nice but a ton of the time it is just overkill and not really turning the tide of the fight itself. I think the extra attack/kill made everything think he was super broken, with his high end roll but the gambling on Mutilate is the main thing he has going for him and its eh.

The main thing he has going for him is Shank, his 2x attack. It's one of the best attacks I've seen for winning clashes and it does incredible damage to anything at low HP, especially since individual Abnormality body parts are checked for the "below 25%" additional coin. Against multi-part bosses, he'll get the additional coin fairly regularly, and since the main HP bar keeps taking damage even after the body part is broken, all of that additional coin's 50% damage on heads will be useful instead of being comical overkill like it is against humans. I think that he's probably worth taking into dungeons specifically to bring into abnormality fights, both because he can burst down big individual enemies with multiple parts and because he can Mutilate staggered enemies that barely survive anyone else. Also amazing for the current Mirror Dungeon, though that's more due to the current dungeon being weak enough that he can Mutilate regularly.

Against humans, though, he's very replaceable. Considering that abnormalities are only in dungeons, that is not a great place to be right now.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
Yeah, Shank is definitely the MVP breadwinner on the Tingtang man's lineup. Mutilate I like best if I got a high speed roll and can kill a guy and then hopefully stagger another enemy with the big one-sided follow-up before they have the chance to engage in clashes with my other guys at all.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
Something I've noticed so far is that every single identity we have is small time, also they seem less like 'a path that this person could have taken' and more 'Person A takes on Person B's role' like Faust's Lobotomy Corp identity is just Yuri, complete with the same weapon and missing eye. Corporation grunts and gang leaders for rather pathetic syndicates at most. I wonder if there's going to be higher rarities for actually dangerous people or not.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
That's a good question. On one hand, it's a gacha and who wouldn't want to pull a Color, but like, how would you balance Yellow Belly Greg anyway?

EDIT: I suppose you could do the 'SSR 0000' thing, but like, I also like the current system where even stuff like the base Heathcliff is actually Quite Good in the right circumstances. Time will tell, I suppose.

Theantero fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Mar 4, 2023

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Cirina posted:

Something I've noticed so far is that every single identity we have is small time, also they seem less like 'a path that this person could have taken' and more 'Person A takes on Person B's role' like Faust's Lobotomy Corp identity is just Yuri, complete with the same weapon and missing eye. Corporation grunts and gang leaders for rather pathetic syndicates at most. I wonder if there's going to be higher rarities for actually dangerous people or not.

I feel like it's a bit of both, G Corp Gregor is a Gregor who never left, presumably so is N Corp Meursault, even if he also looks like a character we fought. They still have barks specific to who they are, not the person whose role they're taing on.

posadas
Jan 28, 2021
On the chapter 2 dungeon, but plot-wise, have they explained/will explain how everyone is able to wield EGO? Is it an innate ability of all the characters, or is technology involved?

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

posadas posted:

On the chapter 2 dungeon, but plot-wise, have they explained/will explain how everyone is able to wield EGO? Is it an innate ability of all the characters, or is technology involved?

The EGO they start with is pretty clearly "their own" EGO. So much like Gebura/Kali they have a lot better handle on it. The other EGO isn't safe though, that's what EGO Corrosion is meant to represent.

In terms of skill at using it, that's actually one of the benefits of EGO, although Gebura/Kali also mentions it can become a crutch. Because EGO is basically manifestations of human collective subconscious, you can basically wield them on pure instinct, but this makes it easier for the EGO to corrode you presumably. The sword wields you, unless you can prove capable of wielding the sword.

An EGO weapon will not make you a master gunslinger, but it will make you capable of wielding the Gun. Even if it leaves you with nothing left of yourself except that capability.

Oh also probably something to do with Faust. She designed a Bus to run on Enkephalim so I can imagine she's got some good knowledge of how to use various Lovotomy Corp technology.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Einander posted:

Nah, it kills my progress. Funny thing, I can reset to the start of the second floor, kill a room, quit and then log on my phone, and the room is cleared.

It’s going to be annoying to clear dungeons on my phone.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!

Junpei posted:

Kromer will go down eventually, power of Mili songs be damned.

Now's your chance to be a big shot.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Ayndin posted:

FWIW Tingtang Hong Lu is hilarious. He one shot the mariachi boss by doing 150 damage on a single attack. :lol:

He's absolutely busted, as are a lot of the other better 000's. Just keep in mind that most of them tend to be based around knowing the mechanics. Yi Sang blade lineage variant is set up around building dumb numbers of crits by winning clashes and won't win against the shield enemies in chapter 3, for instance.

Gregor is basically a team heal, tank, and DPS all in one. He also can one shot common enemies or bring them down to stagger at tier 3. Factor in that he self heals and it's only the stagger rate that keeps him from soloing fights. If he ever gets a way to drop his stagger to zero he'll be nigh unstoppable.

You can check skill three's if the character is featured by looking at their page on the gacha. Alternatively, having a friend with them lets you do it through the support screen. You can also read their story without upgrading them if a friend has it unlocked too.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Mar 4, 2023

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

From what I've heard the 00 Hong Lu is also insanely broken because his S2 will roll both hits again if the target has few Bleed, leading to even more damage than 000 identities.

Still debating between uptiering Tingtang or Kurokumo+another 00 that goes well with him.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

OK, so I've just finished the tutorial and have a very very very basic idea of what's going on.

• How do I evaluate identities? (I did the New Manager's 20 Pulls and got Yi Sang's Wishing Cairn EGO [TETH], along with Seven Section 6 Ryoshu [00], W Corp. Cleanup Agent Meursault [000], and Liu Section 6 Meursault [00]. From the mailbox I got Blade Lineage Salsu Yi Sang [000]. How do I tell what's good?)

• Should I spend my 10 pull ticket on the Gregor extraction or the general extraction, or hold it?

• As someone who is F2P for the foreseeable future, what is the best thing to do with my Lunacy?

• Is there any reason for me not to uptie everyone right away, at least to level 2?

• Is there a glossary of the combat mechanics somewhere I can check? I have no idea what all these keywords mean.

• Is there any use for Egoshards other than the shop, to buy Identities/EGO? (I see they expire.)

• Is there any way of gaining Egoshards other than duplicate pulls?

Quackles fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Mar 5, 2023

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

posadas posted:

Its definitely related to Dante or Limbus stuff, since all of their EGOs are related to trauma that they haven't really......resolved or self actualized through. So they're absolutely being stabilized and prevented from truly Distorting.

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

Quackles posted:

OK, so I've just finished the tutorial and have a very very very basic idea of what's going on.

• How do I evaluate identities? (I did the New Manager's 20 Pulls and got Yi Sang's Wishing Cairn EGO [TETH], along with Seven Section 6 Ryoshu [00], W Corp. Cleanup Agent Meursault [000], and Liu Section 6 Meursault [00]. From the mailbox I got Blade Lineage Salsu Yi Sang [000]. How do I tell what's good?)

My quick rule of thumb is to look at coin number, then values, then added effects. If it's a one-coin skill with 5 one +10 coin, that's automatically less valuable then a 5 with two +5 coins, even if both have a max sum of 15. This is because of clashes* and after-clash damage**. Added effects are good but most are built around having a team, with the exception of Charge, so they're the lowest priority. Once you have enough good characters, then you can start worrying about getting enough colors for your EGO.

Unfortunately I don't think any of those identities are very good.

* If you're up against a one-coin enemy skill, you can lose with the first coin and win with the second and win the clash overall.

** The one-coin skill hits once, for 5 /15 damage before modifiers, for a maximum of 15; the two-coin skill hits twice, for 5/10 (heads) and 5/10/15 (0/1/2 total heads) damage before modifiers, for a maximum of 25.

quote:

• Should I spend my 10 pull ticket on the Gregor extraction or the general extraction, or hold it?

• As someone who is F2P for the foreseeable future, what is the best thing to do with my Lunacy?

This being a gacha game, it's possible that there will be Limited identities in the future, but we have a roadmap for the remainder of the year which suggests there won't be any until at least November. There also doesn't seem to be any mention of rate-up banners for characters already in the game, so if you want (for example) Kurokumo Ryoshu or Rodion, then you need to get lucky off the standard banner or another rate-up.

There's an argument for waiting as we get closer to the end of Season 1 of the Battle Pass in May, where pulling more gives you more Season 1 Egoshards that will get halved at the end of the season in exchange for Thread. But if you're just starting the game, I'd spend it until you have a team you're comfortable using.

Gregor is a pretty good 000 character, but his gacha EGO is nothing special and his 00 on the banner isn't great. I'd probably lean more toward spending it on the standard banner.

quote:

• Is there any reason for me not to uptie everyone right away, at least to level 2?

Uptying is universally good, so the only reason not to is if you don't have enough Thread. Most identities don't get that much at level 2 Uptie, though, which is why level costs four times level 2.

quote:

• Is there a glossary of the combat mechanics somewhere I can check? I have no idea what all these keywords mean.

They pop up a definition of them during battle when you select the attack on the action select chain. No internal glossary yet, sadly.

quote:

• Is there any use for Egoshards other than the shop, to buy Identities/EGO? (I see they expire.)

• Is there any way of gaining Egoshards other than duplicate pulls?

Egoshards are strictly for coverting into Thread or for saving up to buy Identities/EGO. No other use for them as of yet.

The Mirror Dungeon that unlocks after you beat chapter 2 gives Mirror Shards for five clears a week.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

DuoRogue posted:

I wanted to note something - there IS a bug when you use support to get a 6th sinner, it's just not something easy to notice.

the damage rankings.

If you used a support 6th sinner, beat a map, and go to look at the detailed breakdowns, its completely broken. Everyone is replaced with a white square, korean name, with 5000 damage dealt and 500 damage taken.

That bug seems to be related to using supports in general—I used a support Ishmael in a 5 sinner team and it still happened.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

So wait, will Gregor go to the main pool once his event is over, or is he an exclusive character?

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

Quackles posted:

So wait, will Gregor go to the main pool once his event is over, or is he an exclusive character?

He's already in the main pool, you can check the availability list on the main banner and see him there. It remains to be seen whether the banner popping up 3/9 (Korean time) will immediately add those two new characters to the standard banner pool when it releases, but if they aren't then they'll almost certainly be added to it once the banner's over.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Quackles posted:

He is already in the General pool, his banner is just a higher chance to draw him

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
Right now I've been prioritizing thread over egoshards, which might bite me in the rear end if anything in the gacha pulls ends up being missable for good. Whenever I have choices to spend points in games, I tend to prioritize getting as many cheap options as I can, so most of my 2* identities are fully upgraded and none of my 3* identities are. It might take a while to get Tingtang Hong Lu into a usable state, but Kurokumo Hong Lu is already fantastic.

I'm also focusing on doing battle pass missions now that I have Mirror Dungeon unlocked, so I'm not in that much of a hurry to finish Canto 3.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Quackles posted:

Uptie 3 is a much bigger deal than uptie 2 since it actually unlocks the unit's third active skill.
Keep in mind that all the base LCB Sinner identities get UT 3 for free. You're better off getting a few UT3s and combining them with the freebie UT3 units, rather than getting a ton of UT2s.

But you definitely don't get enough thread to uptie everything to 3 so you'll have to pick and choose carefully.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

I see. What ways are there to get more Thread? Just boil down Egoshards, or anything else?

(also, because I have to or I'll burst: What's uptie? :smugdog:)

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
For now it's just egoshards, but in the roadmap they have a pair of daily "luxcavation" fights -- kill humans for daily exp tickets and kill abnos for daily thread. That should be in the game in less than 2 weeks, on Thursday the 16th

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

For now it's just egoshards, but in the roadmap they have a pair of daily "luxcavation" fights -- kill humans for daily exp tickets and kill abnos for daily thread. That should be in the game in less than 2 weeks, on Thursday the 16th

And there's no source of daily Lunacy yet, then.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Correct, but they'll be adding weekly-limited lunacy rewards to the mirror dungeons at the same time as they add the luxcavation mode.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Correct, but they'll be adding weekly-limited lunacy rewards to the mirror dungeons at the same time as they add the luxcavation mode.

Got it. I think I'll maybe hold further pulls for now and see how far I can get with what I have.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
I have no idea what I'm doing in this game, I just match colors and pick the color that has the better matchup text.

Seems to be working so far

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"
I've uptied a few more mans and so far

>L-Corp Remnant Faust squishes kinda easy, but if their attacks go through Hoo Boy they hit like a truck. Their Skill 3 can reach EGO levels of Clash breaking if she hasn't been hit the turn before, and their Skill 2 is three hits that raise Poise and Haste so she can always swing pretty early.

>Jefe Sinclair has been discussed already but they are a tricky tricky boy, lots of evasion stuff, lots of multi-hit moves, and stuff that lowers stagger threshold depending on how much SP your opponent has which they can lower very quickly with all the Drowning they can slap on folks. It helps that he has a lot of health

Shi Association Ishmael and Kurokamo(?) Hong Lu are the latest ones I have Uptied to Tier 3 does anyone have any thoughts on them?

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

One more question. I've uptied everything I can to level 2. I'm about to start my first battle (that is, stage 1-2) and...

The number of teambuilding combinations feels appallingly large, which is greater complicated by the fact that I can't see everyone's details without long-pressing them. Am I going to have to make a spreadsheet to have all the information visible at once?

Any teambuilding advice?

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

Deki posted:

I have no idea what I'm doing in this game, I just match colors and pick the color that has the better matchup text.

Seems to be working so far

One thing to keep in mind there: it seemingly only goes off the first coin. So if you have a one-coin and a two-coin skill, then unless the two-coin is stronger after the first flip, it's going to tell you the one-coin skill has better odds to win even if the two-coin skill is actually more likely to. This also affects the Winrate auto-battle option, so both are disproportionately going to favor one-coin skills even though multi-coin skills are actually better.

It sucks, but maybe they'll update it to make those indicators more reliable at some point.

Quackles posted:

One more question. I've uptied everything I can to level 2. I'm about to start my first battle (that is, stage 1-2) and...

The number of teambuilding combinations feels appallingly large, which is greater complicated by the fact that I can't see everyone's details without long-pressing them. Am I going to have to make a spreadsheet to have all the information visible at once?

Any teambuilding advice?

Prydwen has the Identity information. Once you get to the point of trying to get a good party composition for activating your EGO or their personal passives (obtained when Uptied to 2) or backrow support passives (Uptie 3), this Affinities spreadsheet has all of the Sins information on one page, as well as attack affinities (Slash/Blunt/Pierce) for when those start mattering more.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Huh, this actually raises an interesting point about how the Sinner's personality differs in their alternate Identities

https://twitter.com/pinetones_moon/status/1632202224364560385

Arkanian
Sep 18, 2013

I saw someone mention that you need a seal to pass an event in the third dungeon, along with multiple other items. I just picked up the seal... Is one of the other items the warehouse key? I already used that one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DuoRogue
Jul 19, 2022

My secret? I don't have any bones.

MotU posted:

Yeah, having tested out TT Hong Lu in mirror dungeon... I mean, he did fine. His damage was good. But mutilate landed tails three times out of three on +45. I'm probably gonna keep using kurokumo hong lu on my main team, at least for now; two clashing skills is better than three, and while shank does tons of damage, cloud cutter isn't far behind.