Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Traitorous Leopard posted:

Always the option for them to throw Sanctum uniques into the core drop pool (or put them somewhere else)!

https://twitter.com/@pathofexile/status/1631435599260565504

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Did Twitter embeds finally beef it

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

External Organs posted:

Did Twitter embeds finally beef it

think it's just because of the @ in there

https://twitter.com/pathofexile/status/1631435599260565504

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
So that would include Sandstorm Visage since it drops off Lycia, but not Nimis.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Arivia posted:

So that would include Sandstorm Visage since it drops off Lycia

That's pretty surprising

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
well, that makes me glad I ended up doing a couple Original Sin builds, even if they were mediocre because I'm absolute trash at making builds :v:

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012
I'm glad for the people who liked it that Sanctum is going core eventually, but I'm mostly just relieved that they included the line "but doesn't force it on players who prefer the base game." I was genuinely nervous that they might go with the thing lots of people were speculating and use Sanctum to replace Lab.

Shitty Treat
Feb 21, 2012

Stoopid?

Arivia posted:

So that would include Sandstorm Visage since it drops off Lycia, but not Nimis.

drat, I have had so much fun with hexblast mines using sandstorm visage.
Rathpith has a similar crit mod but works off max life, I guess that makes gearing a little harder as no CI

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Rathpith isn't a good replacement, since it just provides increased crit chance rather than base crit chance.

Shitty Treat
Feb 21, 2012

Stoopid?

Fister Roboto posted:

Rathpith isn't a good replacement, since it just provides increased crit chance rather than base crit chance.

Ah thats a shame.
I guess I'll do srs next league if that doesn't get nerfed to oblivion

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
So I was poking around the wiki and found a link to an old build of the week episode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_6tV6Q_1V0

It's crazy how far we've come. Some really choice quotes in that video.

"Should this build find a six link..."
"Clear maps in minutes..." <shows excruciating footage of taking ages to kill anything>
"Can't handle bosses with lots of life..."
"Has an entire secondary skill for handling reflect"

Real eye opener.

e: triple life flask lol

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

Real eye opener.

god yes, old poe was the best kind of terrible

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

So I was poking around the wiki and found a link to an old build of the week episode.

"Clear maps in minutes..." <shows excruciating footage of taking ages to kill anything>

Real eye opener.

I remember using incinerate as my main skill a long time ago with cybils paw.

I stopped after running out the 5 minute mission timer for zana to "find a map drop"

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Anyone got any good crafting guides or advice for Poison SRS?

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.
Craft on fractured bases and you're going to need big dex and res rolls in your rares because you won't have many rares, especially if you go aegis/mom.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I'm not very good at crafting so I kinda need something a little more in depth. Here's my POB if that helps:

https://pobb.in/SOh3uk470sHS

I feel pretty tanky but I still have some random deaths. Maybe I could get some spell suppression?

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

Real eye opener.

I watched the one where Chris goes over Goratha's character from Invasion league that was one of the top ladder characters. It was 2 months into the league and Goratha was a lvl 88 ST dagger build. Chris comments on how unbelievably good gear Goratha has for "only less than 2 months into the league" though some things like Bino's could be replaced with more time and currency.

It was wearing Bino's as a weapon, a Crest of Perandus as a shield, and I guess 2 months was enough to farm up to a 6l Lightning Coil. Everything else he was wearing was just some life and resists. It took 3-4 hits to kill a white mob.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
Can't wait to relive those days when PoE 2 beta comes out.

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

Keru posted:

Can't wait to relive those days when PoE 2 beta comes out.

But unironically

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

If Poe2 beta is significantly slower than what we are playing now I'll eat my hat, they know what people want/are used to

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

Real eye opener.

Every league I'm amazed all over again when passable 6Ls are available for a handful of chaos just a few days in. The idea that a 6L with mid-tier life, stats and not one but two(!) resists should be expensive is burned into my psyche.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Big Mad Drongo posted:

Every league I'm amazed all over again when passable 6Ls are available for a handful of chaos just a few days in. The idea that a 6L with mid-tier life, stats and not one but two(!) resists should be expensive is burned into my psyche.

Ritual league was the peak for that kind of craziness. 6-linked influenced Astral Plate with all white sockets? That'll be 50 chaos, please.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Yeah you could easily make a 6w link explode chest with like crit or whatever.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Captainicus posted:

If Poe2 beta is significantly slower than what we are playing now I'll eat my hat, they know what people want/are used to

Armor piercing bolts!

MerrMan
Aug 3, 2003

Captainicus posted:

Counterpoint: Their stubbornness regarding Archnemesis in the base game.

There is some faction within the company that has a Vision for the game that doesn't align with what the playerbase at large prefers out of an ARPG. I see it every time Chris talks fondly of Diablo2 with that wistful look in his eye. Ruthless is another example of it. For something they say doesn't get a lot of resources dedicated to it they talk about it enough to make me believe that there's a group that thinks this is the Right Way for PoE to develop.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
AN wasn't even about slowing the game down, not past the first few days anyways, because the answer to AN was always to just do enough damage that you don't even notice rares, same as at any other point in the game. AN was more of a misguided attempt to give rare enemies some identity. Players just largely didn't make it past the difficulty scaling though before giving up.

The 'poe should be slow' faction is hugely overstated and insofar as maybe that exists, it's in terms of progression, not gameplay. if you want to go see what an arpg with godawfully slow gameplay looks like, go check out d4. poo poo looks horrible. meanwhile everything ggg has been adding for the last year is stuff intended to make the mapping more and more busy and eventful. Is there even an atlas node that reduces monsters per map?

Btw ruthless is some weird chris wilson poo poo and not something that reflects the design direction of poe. at all. that's why it's an entirely separate thing from the ground up. It also launched in a state where it was clear that it had had basically zero resources put into it beyond someone going around and editing vendor lists and changing drop variables.

Herstory Begins Now fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Mar 5, 2023

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

https://youtu.be/F0JyfMdRFgI

Reposting my bf/bb chieftain from ritual because it was the funniest build and funnest time I've ever had playing poe

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
Looking back, gc bf ruined the game for me because no build since has been anywhere close to as much fun for me.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

queeb posted:

Reposting my bf/bb chieftain from ritual because it was the funniest build and funnest time I've ever had playing poe

I saved my first deathless feared clear and yep it was bf/bb chieftain

https://youtu.be/L_sceWQjhKw

It was wild being able to fully gear a build in SSF

Nephrite
Aug 18, 2006
Lipstick Apathy

queeb posted:

I want this to be as good as it was for me back then too.

I also had a lot of fun with Archmage BF/BB, but that is super dead.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

BFBB Chieftain is still good btw

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Anyone got any advice for completing Definitive Deviations (complete sanctum floors with certain boons/afflictions)? I'm only at 6/17 and I'm pretty sure I've never even seen most of these before.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Fister Roboto posted:

Anyone got any advice for completing Definitive Deviations (complete sanctum floors with certain boons/afflictions)? I'm only at 6/17 and I'm pretty sure I've never even seen most of these before.

they're all major boons/afflictions. you want to beeline as many accursed pacts as possible. it's maybe possible to get some major boons from divinia and also radiant/benevolent fountains, but don't count on it.

e: to juice your chances of getting offered major boons/afflictions at accursed pacts, make sure to get 3 minor boons and 3 minor afflictions as early as you can.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Sanctum: stack as much room reveals and Inspiration-on-Affliction as possible, prioritize Accused Pact rooms over others. Try to stack minor Afflictions/Boons early so that the "3 minor for 1 major" option becomes available. Pray to RNGesus.

Atlas: I did a Wandering Path tree with Atoll and Coves favorited and 1 Watchstone removed so that pretty much all red maps would drop as one of those two and then spam spam spam those maps. Run Electric or Eater informed so at the very least you can sell those invites once per Sanctum cycle.

Sanity: prepare to lose it, look at my post history.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Could I theoretically do them in non-map sanctums? The challenge doesn't specify an area level. Or are they more likely to appear at higher levels?

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Wuxi posted:

(citation needed)

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Fister Roboto posted:

Could I theoretically do them in non-map sanctums? The challenge doesn't specify an area level. Or are they more likely to appear at higher levels?

Option B is to spam A10 Ossuary, as it's one of the lowest level story areas where high level characters can still get Sanctum portals.

I did that for a little bit, didn't seem to be that much faster but the rewards were far worse and you get no 2nd Lycia fight.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

Fister Roboto posted:

don't

many people had this as their last challenge by far, it's entirely random and extremely frustrating

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Vulpes posted:

(citation needed)

Wuxi posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Never seen a crafting process involve multiple eternal orbs before
:catstare: