Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Xenomrph posted:

She seems satisfied with this. She gestures to the Buzz Lightyear toys. “I don’t want to get him any of those.”

I ask why not.

“I didn’t like the new movie, they made him gay.”

I say “oh, I haven’t seen it”.

It seems like she might have realized that she might have said something inappropriate, because she quickly says “I’m a traditionalist, I don’t know why they have to force that on five year olds, why not just let them experience things and then teach them about that stuff when they’re older.”

I haven’t seen the new movie, I don’t even know if her statement about Buzz Lightyear in the movie is accurate, and I’m totally not going to legislate sexual orientation and the appropriate age to teach it to kids with an elderly woman in the toy aisle of a Walmart.

I say “oh”.

In Lightyear, Buzz's commander shares a brief same-sex kiss with her partner. Naturally Tucker Carlson and the usual right wing dipfucks made a huge stink about it. Buzz himself is not gay in the film. Methinks granny didn't see the movie she claimed to dislike.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Keldroc posted:

In Lightyear, Buzz's commander shares a brief same-sex kiss with her partner. Naturally Tucker Carlson and the usual right wing dipfucks made a huge stink about it. Buzz himself is not gay in the film. Methinks granny didn't see the movie she claimed to dislike.

To be honest I considered leaving that part out of the story because it kind of had not a lot to do with the main part and kind of puts a sour ending on the whole thing, but I felt it was worth including.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Eh, you had a perfectly pleasant interaction with a stranger where you helped them solve a problem with your nerd expertise and then the stranger had to go and make it turn bad at the end. The way that happened in and of itself is illustrative of why the "good guys sell" thing is a thing so it kind of just speaks to the point.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
loving Aquaman, that kid is going to grow up to be an rear end in a top hat. Way to go fascist grandma!

e: I got a scraphook and he's neat, just tiny. Also super gay I almost can't even.

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong
If you ordered Tarn from Amazon but didn't get it in the initial wave you might get yours soon. I got a shipping notification for mine today. Which is good. Stores here are barren as usual.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
I "preordered" him for delivery today but I got an email this morning telling me there was a problem with my shipment :negative:

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Saw a bunch in my local toystore, so not sure what sort of rush there is.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

PowerBeard posted:

Saw a bunch in my local toystore, so not sure what sort of rush there is.

It’s all secondary market here. Tarn in particular is going for 70-80 bucks.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Tarn was supposed to be delivered tomorrow.

New delivery estimate: March 26th.

Cooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
I guess Hasbro Pulse UK charge for each item on an order that contains pre-orders separately, so they just tried to charge me for three Core class figures separately after sending me Sludge a few weeks back, causing my bank to poo poo itself and deny payment on one of them :psyduck:

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Rumors of a Beast Wars anniversary event on the 9th, along with a repaint two pack of Kingdom Primal and Megatron. May be show accurate redecos...

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

New Earthspark episodes are out. It continues to be the best TF fiction in years.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Amazon charged me for Tarn so maybe he's on the way?

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Had a “does this spark joy?” moment with a Leo Prime at Target the other day, and put it back on the shelf.

Eagerly anticipating a Nemesis Leo though. Hopefully it won’t be part of a four pack like Nemesis Primal.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Open Marriage Night posted:

Had a “does this spark joy?” moment with a Leo Prime at Target the other day, and put it back on the shelf.

Eagerly anticipating a Nemesis Leo though. Hopefully it won’t be part of a four pack like Nemesis Primal.

I'm quite impressed and pleased with the transformation of Leo Prime, but you probably don't need more than one copy of the mold if you're all-in for Nemesis.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

The lion mode looks like Barnacle Jim

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Sockser posted:

Tarn was supposed to be delivered tomorrow.

New delivery estimate: March 26th.

Cooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool.

Amazon UK seems to be having to import Tarn and Leo Prime (the only ones of this wave I pre-ordered) from the EU.

Shafted by Brexit once again...

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

DigitalRaven posted:

Amazon UK seems to be having to import Tarn and Leo Prime (the only ones of this wave I pre-ordered) from the EU.

Shafted by Brexit once again...

Smyths have had them for weeks.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

The Velocitron collection just turned up in my local Forbidden Planet and they're cheap. Deluxes are £11, Road Hauler is £15. No Cosmos or Scourge though.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Open Marriage Night posted:

You know, I waffled on him for a while. I'd literally pick him up and walk around with him to gauge how I felt. I put him back a few times until it must have been the right day and I bought him. I got him home and, lackluster lion face aside, I ended up quite liking him.

And yeah, I'm really looking forward to the Nemesis version too. That looks slick.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
I did the exact same thing with Leo. I wanted it. It the more I thought about the arm kibble the less I wanted to put it on the shelf. Put it back after walking around the Walmart.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Saw these in B&M.

£6 each for Voyager-ish bus bots, and they combine. Kinda tempting just for the novelty, but I already bought Tarn today.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eixAFR6MhB4

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

BizarroAzrael posted:

Smyths have had them for weeks.

Sadly not for home delivery, and I can't drive for the next few months until we're sure I won't die again (cardiac arrest: just say no...) so I can't get to physical shops just now.

Though that did prompt me to check other retailers, and InDemandToys has both in stock and for cheaper than Amazon. Which is nice.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Am I the only one who watched the new Earthspark episodes?

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Dabir posted:

Saw these in B&M.

£6 each for Voyager-ish bus bots, and they combine. Kinda tempting just for the novelty, but I already bought Tarn today.
Just for the sheer randomness of B&M's stock I wish there were some near me. I think they're all an hour or so away out by the M25 though.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Nodosaur posted:

They haven’t appeared… elsewhere yet.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

Nodosaur posted:

Also not really a great show, I found myself skipping around some episodes...

Hopefully that improves .

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

Dabir posted:

Saw these in B&M.

I liked seeing a literal trashbot there recently. Plus they had the core stuff relatively fairly priced which was nice

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

God Tarn is SO GOOD. He poses like an absolute dream. His shoulders are a bit cramped, he only has one hinge so he sort of has to lift them up and over like SS86 Hot Rod, but otherwise he's the full package. He's got deep as hell elbows, wrist swivel, articulated pointy claw fingers, the best double knees I've ever seen, way more vertical head swivel than most bots get even before you get the transformation joint involved, feet that tilt all the way forwards when they really didn't have to, no hollow parts other than the guns, and the only thing you could possibly call back kibble is just part of his character model. And if you do want a backpack for him, he has a designed configuration for his fusion cannons where they plug on there and come over his shoulders. And he has the usual smattering of 5mm ports so you can just put them absolutely anywhere, plus the ultra-long sniper cannon mode they show off on the box, which he's more than capable of getting into a sick crouching position to aim. Incredible toy, wouldn't be surprised to see him at the top of a lot of people's year end top tens.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

PowerBeard posted:

Also not really a great show, I found myself skipping around some episodes...

Hopefully that improves .

I’m not sure what you mean because it’s been delivering on every front for me

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Nodosaur posted:

I’m not sure what you mean because it’s been delivering on every front for me

I'm not quite sure what you mean because it's aggressively mediocre from what I've seen of it. I like the more progressive concepts being introduced and the action is well choreographed on a level that previous TF shows just haven't attempted, but the storytelling is entirely disposable.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

What is so disposable about it? Because characters have been growing as the series progresses, there’s important themes for kids beyond just the progressive stuff, and they’re not retreading stuff from earlier TF stories like TF does so often.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Dabir posted:

The Velocitron collection just turned up in my local Forbidden Planet and they're cheap. Deluxes are £11, Road Hauler is £15. No Cosmos or Scourge though.
I'm in London on vacation next week, did you guys ever get Crasher over there?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

They didn't have wave 2 in FP or in Smyths. FP had Override, Road Hauler, Blurr, Burn Out, Clampdown and Road Rocket. I picked up Clampdown. Good toy for an impulse purchase but very overshadowed today by Tarn.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Knormal posted:

I'm in London on vacation next week, did you guys ever get Crasher over there?
No idea, but I'd be up for going hunting with you.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Arquinsiel posted:

No idea, but I'd be up for going hunting with you.
I'll be there with my dad so I don't want to spend hours hunting, but I'd be down to grab lunch or something. I'll PM you once we get a sense of our schedule.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
You can hit a few of the central shopping spots in a decent lunch hour with a bit of hustle.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
There's still no word if Wave 2 will appear over here in the UK. I really hope so!

I saw them once in a Walmart in Baton Rouge, and then never again. I really regret not picking them up there and then. :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Still never saw a Cosmos around here. Did we just never get any? Did the scalpers get them? Who knows.