Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

E: I’m feeling feisty this week lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

How DARE you!

:v:

I don't think Timby meant it that way, I just played along. In reality I'll still enjoy the show, stupid politics aside.

Now let me tell you about A A Ron...

Yeah, I was in no way bagging on you or saying you can't enjoy B5. It's one of my favorite shows.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

LeeMajors posted:

The lack of purity politics, particularly on the left, has led to significant and steady ratcheting to the right.

There are certainly other factors, but I’m watching pure strain fascists put a gun to the heads of the GOP and march them rightward, while centrist dems blame the left and screech about bipartisanship.

Purity politics do work if you’ve got the spine to stick to them.

That’s not so much purity politics though. In general that has been facilitated by fostering this sense of “gently caress the left” that gets them into power but then when it comes down to it the infighting makes it impossible for them to legislate. They shut down the House for a week because they couldn’t decide who “truly” represented the GOP and deserved to be speaker. Give them something to actually do and they collapse just as easily. Have we seen a budget proposal from McCarthy’s office yet?

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Freaquency posted:

That’s not so much purity politics though. In general that has been facilitated by fostering this sense of “gently caress the left” that gets them into power but then when it comes down to it the infighting makes it impossible for them to legislate. They shut down the House for a week because they couldn’t decide who “truly” represented the GOP and deserved to be speaker. Give them something to actually do and they collapse just as easily. Have we seen a budget proposal from McCarthy’s office yet?

Oh I don’t think it’s functional governance, but the fascists have no interest in governing and have all the intentions of destroying every government institution they can.

I mean, they’re loving up everything but they’re getting exactly what they want. McCarthy, like Cruz, is a sniveling bootlicker who craves power and will debase himself in the most humiliating ways to attain it. I’m pretty sure he gives exactly zero shits about how that went down. For all their talk about principles, they have none.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Freaquency posted:

He is apparently getting into fights with people for no real reason. He threw hands with both a mall cop and a kid at a pickup game, and his dad and friends have been causing poo poo at games. Seems like someone who is struggling with being young and also one of the most paid-attention to figures in sports but he probably needs to get someone to sit down with him and help him get his head on straight.

Missed that this came out this morning:

https://twitter.com/LegionHoops/status/1632010699076673536?s=20

Every crew needs one guy that is there just to say “don’t post that you loving moron”

He also probably shouldn’t be carrying a gun into a strip club in California but baby steps

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I don't understand celebrities carrying guns. Even if you think you need a gun nearby for safety (generally a dumb thing to think), have one of your crew carry it so you aren't the one catching charges.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Timby posted:

I also forgot that after he beat the poo poo out of Heidi Fleiss for years, he and Fleiss agreed to appear on Celebrity Rehab together, and eventually Fleiss freaked out at him because she couldn't stand being near him because of her PTSD. (Granted, Dr. Drew was complicit in this and he is a libertarian nutjob who initially said that COVID was no big deal, but, still, gently caress Tom Sizemore.)

I was on that set as a PA during all that. three seasons of celebrity rehab and sober house.

Dr. Drew has been in my car and I've been in his house so I feel qualified to say that he is human garbage.

edit: this is at least the fifth "patient" of his that I interacted a lot with that has died.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/charlesxholmes/status/1630226746598641664?s=20

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

I remember Michael B. Jordan being on Bill Simmons' podcast & revealing himself being a gigantic anime nerd and it was the most :kimchi: thing.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Michael B Jordan forcing random people to watch Bocchi the Rock

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Manoueverable posted:

I swear to God sports will be the death of me. Maybe just Arsenal Football Club, really.

Kind of glad I didn’t have the stomach to stay up late for that. Wow.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Saw my first Monster Jam today. The kiddo was mesmerized too, he actually sat through the whole thing. Grave Digger was clearly the best.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Majors sounds like a nice older brother just trying to figure out why his little sibling loves what he loves :3:

(I have no idea if Majors is older than Jordan or not lol)

Kalli posted:

His crew has to watch every show he's into with him

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Feels like it's been awhile since I've seen a Dave Growl picture

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Manoueverable posted:

I swear to God sports will be the death of me. Maybe just Arsenal Football Club, really.

Ugh same, I just really want them to hold on and bring it home.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Bird in a Blender posted:

Saw my first Monster Jam today. The kiddo was mesmerized too, he actually sat through the whole thing. Grave Digger was clearly the best.

Grave Digger has always been the best even though it’s always played off as the bad truck

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

LeeMajors posted:

The lack of purity politics, particularly on the left, has led to significant and steady ratcheting to the right.

There are certainly other factors, but I’m watching pure strain fascists put a gun to the heads of the GOP and march them rightward, while centrist dems blame the left and screech about bipartisanship.

Purity politics do work if you’ve got the spine to stick to them.

E: also I’m not going to wade too hard into politics here, needless to say capitalism is loving us all and should be abolished but welp

I was not really referring to the pros or cons of purity politics, just that the type of discourse and argument that seems to only exist among people who are online for 18 hours a day would completely bounce off your average person who is not, even if they are largely in agreement about the broader topics at hand.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Mar 4, 2023

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Pain of Mind posted:

I was not really referring to the pros or cons of purity politics, just that the type of discourse and arguments the seems to only exist among people that are online for 18 hours a day would completely bounce off your average person who is not, even if they are largely in agreement about the broader topics at hand.

100%

Let me enjoy sick plane scenes in Top Gun without writing a dissertation on why scientology is bad.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Pain of Mind posted:

I was not really referring to the pros or cons of purity politics, just that the type of discourse and argument that seems to only exist among people who are online for 18 hours a day would completely bounce off your average person who is not, even if they are largely in agreement about the broader topics at hand.

Every now and then I think about the time when my wife looked up from reading a headline about the Kyle Rittenhouse trial on her phone and said "so wait, what did this guy do?". There's definitely a balance to be struck on how politically/socially engaged you are these days, and I'm pretty confident that anyone who posts in this thread skews closer towards "too engaged" than "not engaged enough" (including me).

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

What goes well with lobster bisque? Planning tomorrow night's family dinner.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

Garlic bread. A giant rear end scallop in the middle was in one of the best lobster bisques I've ever had

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Intruder posted:

no Dave Growl here. I’m visiting friends and their sweet older dog Luna says hello

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

CannonFodder posted:

no Dave Growl here. I’m visiting friends and their sweet older dog Luna says hello

Hi Luna :)

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

CannonFodder posted:

Wanna pet that dog

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
A good doggo needing a pat

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

Because Bisque's are really fatty and creamy I always go with something with a refreshing quality - I normally make bruschetta to go with a soup like that, gives you some nice acid and a little sweetness to help with the richness of a bisque.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.

Kalli posted:

Michael B Jordan definitely has a detailed fan casting for a live action Naruto and will discuss the filler episodes in depth to weed out the scrubs (I am a Naruto scrub). I would also bet that he has one non-Sailor Moon or Madoka shoujo anime series he loves. I'm going with Fruits Baskets.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Tulalip Tulips posted:

Michael B Jordan definitely has a detailed fan casting for a live action Naruto and will discuss the filler episodes in depth to weed out the scrubs (I am a Naruto scrub). I would also bet that he has one non-Sailor Moon or Madoka shoujo anime series he loves. I'm going with Fruits Baskets.

Ooh, that's a good one. You think he prefers the OG or the new series?

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

I'm going to go with old series but he definitely watched the new one as well and likes it. It's his personal FMA situation, except I would be he likes Brotherhood more than the original for FMA and his fave in both is Roy.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I like michael b jordan and I might go see creed III on Friday cause I took the day off for my birthday and boxing movies are that terrible that they're loving awesome and make you want to go work out.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Tulalip Tulips posted:

I'm going to go with old series but he definitely watched the new one as well and likes it. It's his personal FMA situation, except I would be he likes Brotherhood more than the original for FMA and his fave in both is Roy.

Oh definitely.

I looked up his age, and I'm going to say that his fave shoujo anime is Cardcaptor Sakura, and he was very upset at the Cardcaptors dub

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

Yadda yadda yadda

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

You yadda'd over the best part.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Braksgirl posted:

No, he mentioned the bisque.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

Shinji2015 posted:

Oh definitely.

I looked up his age, and I'm going to say that his fave shoujo anime is Cardcaptor Sakura, and he was very upset at the Cardcaptors dub

Oh that'a a good guess and to be honest, I'm with him there if that's the case. We did grow up in the prime time of grabbing random anime dvds or vhs of Blockbuster/Hollywood so maybe he got really in to X/1999 in the search for more Clamp titles.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Bird in a Blender posted:

Yadda yadda yadda

Braksgirl posted:

Timby posted:

No, he mentioned the bisque.

I love this thread :jerry:

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Just got home from seeing RRR at the Hollywood Theater.

I'm so glad I got to see this on the big screen. :asoiaf:

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Intruder posted:

I got you

He got a haircut

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Android Apocalypse posted:

Just got home from seeing RRR at the Hollywood Theater.

I'm so glad I got to see this on the big screen. :asoiaf:

Oh poo poo, I'm going to try and check that out. Last year streaming RRR off Netflix turned a chill morning off work into the cardiac equivalent of a cocaine binge in a burning building. Would love to see it on the big screen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Joey Freshwater posted:

I got you

He got a haircut

this is rerun content but I still love it and I love him, thank you for sharing