Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

I nuked my island and restarted about 2 weeks ago. I did store photos, bells, and difficult to obtain items on my wife’s island before I did it.

The early game is wonderfully relaxing on the second go round.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

effika posted:

I log in trying to get my last DIYs, but mostly it's to try on outfits. I love that part.

Do they let you buy clothes in multiple yet? Like multiple shirts, pants, etc? That poo poo just killed clothes shopping for me. Having to go in and out of the wardrobe to get all the clothes. For the love of all that's good Able give me a shopping cart!

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

That's one of the first things I noticed when I got the shop unlocked, and no, just one item in each slot. If they ever fix it (lol), I hope they let me collapse multiple color variations to save dresser menu space.

Also it's cool they let me change clothes by opening my freezer chest.

Dr. Zoggle
Aug 12, 2006
Go Blue!

I put a locker right next to the town square so all the villagers have to watch me as I change from my formal hotdog suit into my evening wrestling outfit

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

Silver Falcon posted:

Do they let you buy clothes in multiple yet? Like multiple shirts, pants, etc? That poo poo just killed clothes shopping for me. Having to go in and out of the wardrobe to get all the clothes. For the love of all that's good Able give me a shopping cart!

Almost all of my expanded storage is clothes because I buy all of the colors. It can take me several minutes to buy clothes because I go into the fitting room a dozen times in a row and it's so. slow.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Maximum Tomfoolery posted:

If they ever fix it (lol)

They ain't gonna fix poo poo, they're done with the game

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

The Door Frame posted:

Almost all of my expanded storage is clothes because I buy all of the colors. It can take me several minutes to buy clothes because I go into the fitting room a dozen times in a row and it's so. slow.

Similar problems, but not being able to batch craft fish bait.

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

B33rChiller posted:

Similar problems, but not being able to batch craft fish bait.

I have a wired controller with turbo that I use exclusively for bait crafting.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

i haven't tried the happy home dlc or whatever, but my daughter bought it. is it worth it ?

i have fun just amassing wealth and slowly cultivating the island. haven't even hit 5 stars yet, that's my very slow, current goal

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

hambeet posted:

i haven't tried the happy home dlc or whatever, but my daughter bought it. is it worth it ?

i have fun just amassing wealth and slowly cultivating the island. haven't even hit 5 stars yet, that's my very slow, current goal

I'm not at all a home designer and i liked it a lot. You can do just about anything you want, and get plenty of fun goodies for it.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

hambeet posted:

When I play the game lately, that is all I do. All the fun of decorating and dress-up and none of the tedium.

Caveat I got the game at launch and I just straight up don't have much left to do on my actual island. ymmv.

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

I thought I might open up my Island to visitors sometime over this weekend to help the folks who are just starting out. I can share fruits and veggies and a few other items; I just need to know what time would be best for the most people?

mayday mayday
Nov 22, 2006

Rahonavis posted:

I thought I might open up my Island to visitors sometime over this weekend to help the folks who are just starting out. I can share fruits and veggies and a few other items; I just need to know what time would be best for the most people?

I am not just starting out now but I missed the big rush and I never co-op so I'm still missing some basics! If you do open (whenever) I would love to swing by and grab, like, an apple

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Rahonavis posted:

Any chance you (or anyone, actually) has a spare "Pile of Cash" DIY? Asking for a friend--literally. I have it myself but my friend does not, and they missed out on a Hot Item free-cash day.

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

I'm glad Celia likes my 54 wasps.

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

Have you ever nuked two whole friendships with a single shake of a tree?

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/313277456545087488/1085360933154607144/2023031418353001-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.mp4

I sure haven't. Yet.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Nice moves, slick. Why are you collecting so many? Just waiting until the bug fanatic rolls through town?

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

Nuking my island and starting over has done wonders for my creativity. My new island looks WAY better than my old one ever did.

Part of it is that I’m forcing myself to do this without time travel. Being able to only do one or two things a day makes me take the time to really think it through.

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

B33rChiller posted:

Nice moves, slick. Why are you collecting so many? Just waiting until the bug fanatic rolls through town?

At the time it was funny, and I had an empty room not doing anything else. Sold that stockpile to Flick a while ago. Now I just do it because tree shaking is a cool 14k bells and 2 furniture items every day.

The room filled up too fast, then stopped being funny when I wasn't able to add to it any more. I'll probably just add some jail bars and make a prison for wasps in my basement at some point.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

haha, it is a funny idea. I was just curious what someone would need an entire room full of wasps for. (whispers) something no right about that house overe there.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

B33rChiller posted:

haha, it is a funny idea. I was just curious what someone would need an entire room full of wasps for. (whispers) something no right about that house overe there.

it's so you can release them when one of your villagers barges in, sits on the floor, gets out a magazine and won't leave

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Black Robe posted:

it's so you can release them when one of your villagers barges in, sits on the floor, gets out a magazine and won't leave
Oh, I'm sorry, releasing the wasps would count as redecorating, and as I'm sure you know, redecorating while you have company is quite rude.

Villager visits need to be a turn-offable option.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Slugworth posted:

Oh, I'm sorry, releasing the wasps would count as redecorating, and as I'm sure you know, redecorating while you have company is quite rude.

Villager visits need to be a turn-offable option.

It creeped me out the first time some random pink rhino wandered in to my house.
Is that common in Japan? Is it acceptable to just walk into your friend's home with a knock and say hello? Do people over there not wait for the occupant to open the front door?
Such a strange thing for Nintendo to put in the game.

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

They're just returning the favor.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

B33rChiller posted:

It creeped me out the first time some random pink rhino wandered in to my house.
Is that common in Japan? Is it acceptable to just walk into your friend's home with a knock and say hello? Do people over there not wait for the occupant to open the front door?
Such a strange thing for Nintendo to put in the game.

I say, as I barge into my bandaged-from-head-to-toe dog neighbour's house at 1:45am and demand to know what type of fruit salad he's cooking

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Both Pink Rhinos are true slay queens so you should feel honored they showed up to your dinky little shack.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

I say, as I barge into my bandaged-from-head-to-toe dog neighbour's house at 1:45am and demand to know what type of fruit salad he's cooking
I see your point, but they could have animated the villagers answering the door and inviting you in, as well as a mechanic for answering your own door.

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

The reckoning has come. Time to give these bastards the home they deserve.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

The reckoning has come. Time to give these bastards the home they deserve.

LOL

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

Morter posted:

Any chance you (or anyone, actually) has a spare "Pile of Cash" DIY? Asking for a friend--literally. I have it myself but my friend does not, and they missed out on a Hot Item free-cash day.

Sadly, no. My little cousins got first dibs on whatever extra recipes I had. I’ve got an extra Festive Wrapping Paper recipe though.

I’ve time-traveled to my birthday because I was away this weekend and didn’t want to miss out. My island is open this afternoon for anyone who’d like to visit, grab some fruit, or give me presents. I have a few extra items I’ll drop off by the Brachiosaurus.

Edit: The ongoing saga of Wasp Jail is hilarious!

Rahonavis fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Mar 16, 2023

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

I've added a few more features, I guess now it's a jail featuring wasps rather than a jail for wasps.

Tex caught me mid-renovation and he... wasn't fased.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I've added a few more features, I guess now it's a jail featuring wasps rather than a jail for wasps.

Tex caught me mid-renovation and he... wasn't fased.

Tex rules. He's my favorite villager and I'll never let him move away.

effika
Jun 19, 2005
Birds do not want you to know any more than you already do.

Stuff like this is why I keep playing the game

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

Rahonavis posted:

I’ve time-traveled to my birthday because I was away this weekend and didn’t want to miss out. My island is open this afternoon for anyone who’d like to visit, grab some fruit, or give me presents. I have a few extra items I’ll drop off by the Brachiosaurus. Dodo Code is 7HN4Q.

That is an overwhelming amount of flowers…

But your island tune is sheer perfection.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

TheMadMilkman posted:

That is an overwhelming amount of flowers…

But your island tune is sheer perfection.

I know. I’m not entirely sure how to deal with all the flowers. It makes popping balloons a real hassle.

Thanks everyone who visited! That was fun!

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

Update on wasp gaol:

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Update on wasp gaol:

What did the gnome do?

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

Driving with an expired license.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Driving with an expired license.

Identity theft, impersonating Santa Claus.