Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
https://twitter.com/CrossingBroad/status/1632115377873342466

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

The Flyers are the gift that keeps giving.

Unless youre a Flyers fan I guess then this must feel like being trapped in one of the worst layers of hell.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Furnaceface posted:

Unless youre a Flyers fan I guess then this must feel like being trapped in one of the worst layers of hell.

I saw what Buffalo went through the last 10 years and honestly that’s what the Flyers are looking at for the upcoming 10 years. Minus the top 3 draft picks.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
It could be worse, though, at least they're not the Canucks.

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?
the canucks at least have a legit #1 center and #1D, im not sure who the flyers have to be excited about

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

'CUZ HE JUST GOT DUNKED ON!
Tampa needs to stop being dogshit garbage against Eastern conference WC teams.

They've lost to Buffalo twice, Pittsburgh twice and Florida twice in the past month.

-An Islanders fan

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/TaylorHaasePGH/status/1632147355934810118?s=20

I don't hate it

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Boston's goal differential is +105 good loving lord

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

clean ayers act posted:

the canucks at least have a legit #1 center and #1D, im not sure who the flyers have to be excited about

Was looking at their roster, who do you even have to build the team around, Cam York? lol

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

The Dirty Burger posted:

Was looking at their roster, who do you even have to build the team around, Cam York? lol

They're hosed for the next decade and now the least popular team in the city (including the Union) by a wide margin. Barely anyone would give a poo poo if they were moved at this point

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Playoff experience seems to be A Thing but what if you're just really, really talented in today's nhl?

they're certainly good enough to win the conference. i think any of the top 6 teams in the East could reach the Finals, and Pittsburgh is showing signs of life closer to the playoffs. it's going to come down mostly to bounces, injuries, and which goalie gets hot. every team looks strong enough to win a series against any other team.

i'm interested to see how the compressed schedule affects teams, especially the older ones. The Devils might make out better than other teams given their youth. the Bruins today looked really beatable. presumably it's because it was their 4th game in 6 days...but both them and the Rangers have a few days off until Thursday, then it's a game every other night until the end of the season. and then the playoffs are basically more of the same.

if the Bruins can get out of the first round easy and give themselves some rest, it'll be big for them. if they have to play a really hard 6/7 game series and then play presumably a nightmarishly brutal series against Tampa/Toronto, that could be trouble. if the Devils make the ECF facing a Bruins team that played 2 tough 6/7 game series, I would probably put them as even money. that's a lot of hockey for the Bruins' old guys.

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

Furnaceface posted:

yeah it sucks poo poo

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

they're certainly good enough to win the conference. i think any of the top 6 teams in the East could reach the Finals, and Pittsburgh is showing signs of life closer to the playoffs. it's going to come down mostly to bounces, injuries, and which goalie gets hot. every team looks strong enough to win a series against any other team.

i'm interested to see how the compressed schedule affects teams, especially the older ones. The Devils might make out better than other teams given their youth. the Bruins today looked really beatable. presumably it's because it was their 4th game in 6 days...but both them and the Rangers have a few days off until Thursday, then it's a game every other night until the end of the season. and then the playoffs are basically more of the same.

if the Bruins can get out of the first round easy and give themselves some rest, it'll be big for them. if they have to play a really hard 6/7 game series and then play presumably a nightmarishly brutal series against Tampa/Toronto, that could be trouble. if the Devils make the ECF facing a Bruins team that played 2 tough 6/7 game series, I would probably put them as even money. that's a lot of hockey for the Bruins' old guys.

That seems like a really good synopsis, although coming back to win the series from a 3-1 deficit vs Toronto will no doubt give Boston an adrenaline boost.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

CBJSprague24 posted:

The cannon itself makes no noise, but the flash of the pyro charge it's synced to is real (and can be seen in the rafters if you're in the upper bowl).

They had to tone down the intensity of the explosion as allegedly the trial runs when it was installed rattled the windows in the arena on the concourses.

Gotta do a real explosion for playoff games.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

triple sulk posted:

They're hosed for the next decade and now the least popular team in the city (including the Union) by a wide margin. Barely anyone would give a poo poo if they were moved at this point

They’re in a horrible status, but moving the team and people not caring is def a huge exaggeration.

That said, yes the Philadelphia Flyers are dogshit garbage.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Moving the team then having an expansion draft for a new Flyers might unfuck the roster faster though

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Given the super generous expansion draft rules now, that is true of about 20 teams

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Would the Flyers be the worst place Bedard could go? At least Arizona has a ton of picks and cap space.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Would the Flyers be the worst place Bedard could go? At least Arizona has a ton of picks and cap space.

The worst place Bedard could go is to *insert your favorite team*

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Moving the team then having an expansion draft for a new Flyers might unfuck the roster faster though

I don't see how that wouldn't be true

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Whoever gets Bedard should fire their GM and hire Peter Chiarelli. Lucic is even a free agent this summer!

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Yeah, few more years and they'll get it together! This time!

Jethro
Jun 1, 2000

I was raised on the dairy, Bitch!

kill me now posted:

Tampa needs to stop being dogshit garbage against Eastern conference WC teams.

They've lost to Buffalo twice, Pittsburgh twice and Florida twice in the past month.

-An Islanders fan

I'm sure they'll get it together starting April 1st.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Did they put the logos of all the teams Derrick Brassard played for on the shaft of the silver stick for his 1,000th game? Because that rules, if so.

AsInHowe posted:

Gotta do a real explosion for playoff games.

They blew out a speaker one time if that counts.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Duckman2008 posted:

They’re in a horrible status, but moving the team and people not caring is def a huge exaggeration.

That said, yes the Philadelphia Flyers are dogshit garbage.

In 2023 the Union get mentioned more than the Flyers on WIP, a dogshit garbage station

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Bedard going to the Flyers if they miraculously won the lottery would be a worse version of McDavid ending up on the Oilers. Just a complete and utter waste of talent and they might even break him somehow before he'd have the chance to walk after ending up a free agent through some hilarious sequence of events.

Fortunately, that'll never happen as they'll go on a 5-6 game winning streak the last week as the teams that are officially out stop giving a poo poo and end up with roughly the 12th pick.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

triple sulk posted:

Bedard going to the Flyers if they miraculously won the lottery would be a worse version of McDavid ending up on the Oilers. Just a complete and utter waste of talent and they might even break him somehow before he'd have the chance to walk after ending up a free agent through some hilarious sequence of events.

Fortunately, that'll never happen as they'll go on a 5-6 game winning streak the last week as the teams that are officially out stop giving a poo poo and end up with roughly the 12th pick.

McDavid was set up ok on the Oilers. They had Hall/Leon/Nuge/Eberle plus Klefbom and Nurse plus cap space. It should have been a good situation. The problem was hiring Chiarelli who blew his wad on Griffin Reinhart, Milan Lucic and grinders.

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?
i mean from a marketing a star perspective vancouver is the worst play he could go. the idea of both bedard and mcdavid in western time zone canadian cities sucks. the NHL sucks at marketing in general but if you ask a non hockey fan to name a player they can do crosby or overchkin if they can do anyone at all. outside of hockey fans it seems like no one knows who McDavid is

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Why should anyone care what non NHL fans think? The game can either grow or not but it won't really have any effect on the league outside putting money in the owners' pockets.

NHL fans are always so worried about perception or what non NHL fans think and really who gives a poo poo.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Duckman2008 posted:

Yeah it makes me remember how bad the Phillies were for so long

I know baseball is a different beast from hockey, but relocating the Flyers is just not happening anytime soon

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?

Why should anyone care what non NHL fans think? The game can either grow or not but it won't really have any effect on the league outside putting money in the owners' pockets.

NHL fans are always so worried about perception or what non NHL fans think and really who gives a poo poo.

right. i was addressing it from the perspective of the league.

selfishly, as someone who lives in an eastern time zone, id like to watch more mcdavid than i do

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
The Penguins are loving embarrassing. So good news there.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

clean ayers act posted:

right. i was addressing it from the perspective of the league.

selfishly, as someone who lives in an eastern time zone, id like to watch more mcdavid than i do

I think having Bedard in the East is definitely a good thing for hockey fans (and him in the west means the flames of canucks could have him and we can't have that)

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Four out of five is nice but the Pens looked like they normally do today. Wouldn't be surprised if they turn around and go like 5-5 or 3-7 over their next 10 now just because that's how it's gone this year

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Ah I see, putting the best player in three decades in the crappiest pro sports market in North America is good because he's on your favourite team. Got it.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

clean ayers act posted:

i mean from a marketing a star perspective vancouver is the worst play he could go. the idea of both bedard and mcdavid in western time zone canadian cities sucks. the NHL sucks at marketing in general but if you ask a non hockey fan to name a player they can do crosby or overchkin if they can do anyone at all. outside of hockey fans it seems like no one knows who McDavid is

I really don't care what happens as long as he doesn't go to goddamn Edmonton.

27 first overall picks, McDavid and Draisaitl, and they're behind THE SEATTLE loving KRAKEN IN THE STANDINGS!?

Contract that franchise.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

ThinkTank posted:

Ah I see, putting the best player in three decades in the crappiest pro sports market in North America is good because he's on your favourite team. Got it.

That's not at all what I'm saying.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Gee….the Caps won…

yay…..

:geno:

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Rasmus Sandin with 3 assists in his Caps debut. Ovie 80 away from the record. I’m optimistic Sandin is going to work out great. His offensive instincts were on display tonight and man does Washington need some playmaking from the defense.

I know I should be rooting for the tank but they realistically can’t finish much worse than 9th from the bottom so eh whatever. Gimme some Ovie goals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Lol throw another L on the fire Oilers