Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

got dam ive helped with hundreds of these, it was probably one of the most common procedures done at my hospital. the incompetency it would take to pull this off is astronomical. also shame on everyone else in the room that let this happen lmao.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Any chance the surgeon pitched a fit and threatened them with consequences

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Milo and POTUS posted:

Any chance the surgeon pitched a fit and threatened them with consequences

absolutely. something like 'i went to 20 years of school to learn how to do this wrong, and youre going to try and tell me what to do?'

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

https://i.imgur.com/xn4Ns7l.mp4

Slow down Minion, if you drink too fast you get belly ache! *moan*

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Motherhood is so beautiful.

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!

Gubbinal Girl posted:

I was trying to pick out horrible quotes from that article but there's so much

The list of people he maimed is horrifying. I know this guy is an extreme case but it makes me terrified to ever get surgery.

HOLY gently caress AND A HALF

That was an unreal read

gently caress

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

https://twitter.com/cat_beltane/status/1631776245946937348

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
The kind of people I know from NH would probably consider it like winning the lottery

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Milo and POTUS posted:

The kind of people I know from NH would probably consider it like winning the lottery

Lol yeah that’s not a random NH plate

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/dailyrpgsongs/status/1631451824304562180

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!

KozmoNaut posted:

In the early 80s, right? Amazing that they would hand out something so slow for anything other than pure city driving.

We've had a couple of really unfit rental cars in Germany, too. A Citroën C3 with 54hp for ~1100kg of car is downright suicidal on the Autobahn.

I drove my mother in law's Fiat Panda and man that thing could really struggle with a slight incline.

carrionman
Oct 30, 2010

Drakengard had some downright inspiringly cursed music across its entries.
A real shame that the dark ids lps got nuked off the internet

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

carrionman posted:

Drakengard had some downright inspiringly cursed music across its entries.
A real shame that the dark ids lps got nuked off the internet

https://lparchive.org/Drakengard/ ?

King Carnivore
Dec 17, 2007

Graveyard Disciple

Mauser posted:

I drove my mother in law's Fiat Panda and man that thing could really struggle with a slight incline.

Took a month long road trip around Central and Eastern Europe a few years back, starting and ending in Prague. Made a big circle through Austria, Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia, Serbia, Romania, Hungary, Slovakia, Poland and then back to the Czech Republic.

For this grand tour Hertz gave us a Skoda CitiGo, a tiny turd with a 59 hp engine. Pretty mountainous part of the world… We’re driving through the Tatra Mountains in like 3rd gear with the pedal through the floor, buses and trucks passing us on dangerous curves and flipping us off…

That rental car was 9 dollars a day tho.

Smoke
Mar 12, 2005

I am NOT a red Bumblebee for god's sake!

Gun Saliva
My first car was a 1993 Peugeot 106 with a 1.1l 60hp engine. Nothing quite compares to the thrill of driving that thing at 160kph (its top speed) on the Autobahn and realizing that hitting anything at that speed will quite possibly kill you as the only safety features are the seat belts. It also had a disturbing vibration around 150kph that vanished again at 160.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

My first car was a Mini-van with a 600cc engine. It howled in pain at 60mph (which it could just about get to on a long downhill stretch). It also had a crooked chassis which my dad tried to correct by having me hold a block of wood again one axle while he whacked it with a sledgehammer.
But it had wide wheels and looked pretty cool. Well, as cool as a beige Mini could ever look.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
The Fiat Panda is the fastest car on Italian roads. Y'all just suck at driving.

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

mobby_6kl posted:

Fiat Panda sounds like some cryptocurrency strawman insult

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

flubber nuts posted:

got dam ive helped with hundreds of these, it was probably one of the most common procedures done at my hospital. the incompetency it would take to pull this off is astronomical. also shame on everyone else in the room that let this happen lmao.

Oh jesus christ this was INSTALLED like that??? I assumed it had dislocated from the socket and spun around. Jesus loving Christ, even non medical professionals can see that's blatantly wrong.

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

That kinda reminds me of an utterly failed attempt at a sound similar to Solaris, which is one of my all time favorite film scores. It uses gamelan heavily, but it's a bit more subtle than that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XVJL5RBuDY

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Lavinia Spenlow posted:

My first car was a 1993 Peugeot 106 with a 1.1l 60hp engine. Nothing quite compares to the thrill of driving that thing at 160kph (its top speed)

Very brave. Love my little Peugeot 206 buzz box, here's me driving it into the city:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkXwcntEfvM&t=79s

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

My dad expressed his contempt for my mother by buying her a used '66 Mini 650 when we moved to a house on a 900m-high ridge outside of Zurich in 1970.

(me, age 11)

The school bus stop was at the bottom of the ridge in Kilchberg. The switchback mountain roads were steep and narrow.

The contempt (aside from cramming four people into a Mini on the daily)? He found the only Mini built with an automatic transmission. There were stretches of the road that were too steep fr my 140-lb mother & three kids under 12, so we got out & walked beside it while Mom firewalled the throttle. Sometimes, we pushed.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

PainterofCrap posted:

(me, age 11)

Wow they had color film then?

ZixTheYeti
Jul 12, 2005

Hellarious!

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Wow they had color film then?

I think he painted it.

Delzuma
Dec 4, 2004

Thanks Musk, for introducing me to the world of anti-woke chocolates. Such dumb poo poo.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Delzuma posted:

Thanks Musk, for introducing me to the world of anti-woke chocolates. Such dumb poo poo.

I would absolutely trust my child's nut allergy to the "nutless" bar offered by anti-woke chocolate made by a company that apparently makes razor blades?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

PainterofCrap posted:

My dad expressed his contempt for my mother by buying her a used '66 Mini 650 when we moved to a house on a 900m-high ridge outside of Zurich in 1970.

(me, age 11)

The school bus stop was at the bottom of the ridge in Kilchberg. The switchback mountain roads were steep and narrow.

The contempt (aside from cramming four people into a Mini on the daily)? He found the only Mini built with an automatic transmission. There were stretches of the road that were too steep fr my 140-lb mother & three kids under 12, so we got out & walked beside it while Mom firewalled the throttle. Sometimes, we pushed.

How is this showing contempt?

cynic
Jan 19, 2004

mobby_6kl posted:

I drove a Fiat Seicento round Greece 20 years ago it was a true evolutionary experience. I learned to ignore my own mortality and submit to the fate of endless cliffside roads where untold multitudes had died before me.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

PainterofCrap posted:

(me, age 11)

My mum had a similar model mini, but in manual when we were small and lived up a steep and narrow gravel road in the waitakere ranges near Auckland in New Zealand. It lost its brakes one day coming down the road, and mum’s options were risk going off the cliff on one side or driving into the high bank on the other to stop the thing, with two kids under five in the car. She chose the bank, the car was pretty much okay but she never trusted it again and they bought a Datsun 120Y shortly after, that started growing mushrooms in the footwell carpet.

Years later my first car was a mini 1100 that also had super dodgy drum brakes, and I became quite skilled at gearing down and using the handbrake to stop on steep hills (Wellington is nearly all steep hills lol)

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I think I've had enough lovely ducknipples for one day

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

davidspackage posted:

I would absolutely trust my child's nut allergy to the "nutless" bar offered by anti-woke chocolate made by a company that apparently makes razor blades?

Imma start a line of anti woke sleeping gummies.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

davidspackage posted:

They're also real mad that people didn't like their "razors are for real men" or someshit ad campaign that got them delisted all over the place

I notice they don't have any fair trade notices on their chocolate so it's probably also made by the finest child slaves

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Delzuma posted:

You just know the chucklefuck who came up with the idea that the “him” bar has nuts and “her” bar doesn’t thinks he’s the cleverest poo poo alive.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Captain Hygiene posted:

I think I've had enough lovely ducknipples for one day

Have you now?

NWS https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPdXaQ2amro NWS

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Azhais posted:

I notice they don't have any fair trade notices on their chocolate so it's probably also made by the finest child slaves

These people conflate cruelty with strength routinely so they probably have no problem with it. So many guys need an involuntary double orchidectomy

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

https://twitter.com/BAKKOOONN/status/1632192759003222016?s=20

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Waltzing Along posted:

How is this showing contempt?

My father entrusted his wife and three children to a rusty, underpowered death-trap on Swiss mountain roads. Even as a manual. Automatic transmission sapped what little power the Leylend hamsters could provide

Meanwhile, my dad drove a brand-new Opel Commodore with a 6-cylinder engine.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

Delzuma posted:

This is just capitalism at work. The market is deciding. No one can be angry at this. You have to support this or you hate America.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

carrionman
Oct 30, 2010

Try clicking on any of the video links, youtube deleted his account thanks to, from memory, our pals at square enix.
At least the text parts are still there I guess