Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

mastershakeman posted:

Is there a mirrored version of this piece 48171

It's the klick klack click piece, my kid got the iron monger set for his bday and is upset that one leg has grey on top/black connector bottom and then the other leg is black connector top and grey on bottom

Speaking of that set, it is shockingly flimsy in areas.i guess I'm used to their super high standards and having pieces attached just by two studs that fall off when handled roughly is not expected

I don't think so:
It's used as the legs in the tallneck and it's the same piece in all four joints even though you'd want mirrored pairs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

w00tazn posted:

$70 USD for the Executor Super Star Destroyer Diorama seems too much! even if it's like 630 pieces!!!

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/executor-super-star-destroyer-75356

Eh, it's an executor I can afford so As soon as there's a good GWP it's going to be bought and then I'll get a wonderful surprise in the mail.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
If anybody's ordering today don't forget to toss in the $10 Vespa so you can use the pieces to make the Akira bike https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-124306/Mechabricks/akira-bike-alternate-build-for-lego-vespa-40517/#details

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

HootTheOwl posted:

I don't think so:
It's used as the legs in the tallneck and it's the same piece in all four joints even though you'd want mirrored pairs

I didn't remember it being all 4 of the same on the tallneck.

I explained it wrong, it isn't in black - the female is dark gray in both , with the male in black. But since the piece isnt mirrored the legs aren't symmetrical. Hopefully it isn't noticable when finished

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

w00tazn posted:

$70 USD for the Executor Super Star Destroyer Diorama seems too much! even if it's like 630 pieces!!!

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/executor-super-star-destroyer-75356

This looks really nice, and it also has the bonus of being reasonably sized to fit on a shelf well. I can see how it might be considered a bit overpriced, but I guess I am not quite so price sensitive as others. It still comes pretty close to that $.10 a piece price point, even if it will be a lot of smaller pieces. And at 17 inches long, it shouldn’t get lost amongst other UCS starfighters that I may have out at the time.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

mastershakeman posted:

I explained it wrong, it isn't in black - the female is dark gray in both , with the male in black. But since the piece isnt mirrored the legs aren't symmetrical. Hopefully it isn't noticable when finished

I just double-checked on the parts list, the tallneck indeed used four 6302828, and according to brick link there is no mirror. But there are other colors.

Anyways I don't have an answer for the other question, sorry.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

mastershakeman posted:

That's how the set is designed so if you want 47455 in dark grey it's off to bricklink with you.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

xzzy posted:

That's how the set is designed so if you want 47455 in dark grey it's off to bricklink with you.

Yep, that's the plan. To be fair I might try to get a bunch of them, it's an excellent piece with tons more stability than the old Bionicle connectors I have laying around

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
I wonder how long it took the BTS set to sell out.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

Dogen posted:

I wonder how long it took the BTS set to sell out.
Jay's reports sub-30 min in the US, and I think that's even factoring in the site fuckery that made it pretty much impossible to order anything for 10 mins or so. That said, seems it's still in stock elsewhere in the world, so they either underestimated demand in the US or overestimated it elsewhere.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
The US has a massive reseller culture that other countries just don't do.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

They're already selling for $150+ on eBay and they're in stock at every Lego store in my state. gently caress US scalping culture, not gonna be a part of this problem even though it looks like crazy easy money.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Fatkraken posted:

oh DANG! I had this guy as a kid and I kinda sorta really want this. Big figurative models with tons of cool snot techniques are totally my jam, I love seeing LEGO used to make animals and characters and these new giant minifigures they've been doing are the natural extension of that. It's a bugger that it's an exclusive

There’ll be tons on Bricklink once it’s released. Of course there’ll be a markup but it’s not usually as high as resellers of the popular sets

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4025937

Still trying to prune my collection

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
The Dagobah diorama is the one starwars set i own and its packed with neat details like yoda's wee little death bed.

It was probably the least fun lego build I've experienced though. Lots of inscrutable and repetitve details. Never really felt like it came together. The most memorable bits were done first tbh then you're just slowly building out the hut. The tiny windows that used wheel arches were interesting but thats really all i remember from that part of the build.

Its only the second time i've seen the instructions swap to a top down perspective, the other was the great pyramid witch used it for some tree/building placement. For yoda's swamp the entirety of bag 3 was spilt over two topdown steps, placing the transgreen 1x1 plates and tiles respectively. It looks nice but what a slog. That describes my feelings of the set overall.

Oh one other note its weird how sculpted and detailed yoda's minifig head is compated to every other starwars lego.

kuffs
Mar 29, 2007

Projectile Dysfunction

BaconCopter posted:

Hot friggin drat, everything is so stellar. Commando is spot on, Rex is simply amazing. The multishop, printer, chest, items. Jeeze!

I’m a big fan of the drones. Perfect representation of the disoriented little guys.

Parker Lewis
Jan 4, 2006

Can't Lose

Sivart13 posted:

dangit I had somehow convinced myself the 'Up' House was coming out tomorrow rather than April

guess I still gotta wait another month for a set with updog

What’s updog?

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title

Parker Lewis posted:

What’s updog?
nothing much man just working on my mario block :cool:

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Asnorban posted:

I just saw Titanic for the first time and am now scheming a way to get the Titanic and sell it off so I can build it and not take a massive hit. I don’t have the space to display it, so this feels like a good plan. Until I get attached to it.

List it on Ebay as built and then shill bid it to the value you want.
Set 30 days for the listing and when you're done just box it up and ship it.

MarxCarl
Jul 18, 2003

Anybody want a 6990 Monorail, with box https://shopgoodwill.com/item/160891835

Really want to see what this goes for.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

MarxCarl posted:

Anybody want a 6990 Monorail, with box https://shopgoodwill.com/item/160891835

Really want to see what this goes for.

Definitely the best Lego set I had as a kid but thank goodness I'm not nostalgic to the point I want it again. I thought I was a financial genius for keeping the box and selling it for like $30 over MSRP on eBay in 2001.

davebo fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Mar 2, 2023

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I'm making the flower centerpiece and I've hit the "make the robot stained glass tableau" step

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
I have an update (and I hope it's ok to keep posting these)

Got all the parts for the next step

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAND once again realized that I underengineered some parts of this so I can't go much farther until I get some more/replacement parts. Not pictured are two more torpedos and a tomahawk. I'm pretty happy with how it is turning out, and it is much more solid than the front part was because now I know what to do better.

And just for scale, this was the moment my wife realized just how big this is going to be.

"There's only one more part behind this, right?" Oh sweetie.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Flyinglemur posted:

I have an update (and I hope it's ok to keep posting these)

Got all the parts for the next step

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAND once again realized that I underengineered some parts of this so I can't go much farther until I get some more/replacement parts. Not pictured are two more torpedos and a tomahawk. I'm pretty happy with how it is turning out, and it is much more solid than the front part was because now I know what to do better.

And just for scale, this was the moment my wife realized just how big this is going to be.

"There's only one more part behind this, right?" Oh sweetie.

I hope you keep posting these! I haven’t been commenting much but I’m digging the development progress.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Looks good.
I also like how you're slowly revealing to us nuclear secrets as you build through it.

E: One thing I think would be easy to change is instead of swivel plates you have an exposed single stud, (I am assuming it's there so you can pivot the mini fig standing at the control) and then because the foot standing on stud has clutch and the turntable doesn't they won't spin around if you move the sub. or dust.

HootTheOwl fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Mar 3, 2023

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

HootTheOwl posted:

Looks good.
I also like how you're slowly revealing to us nuclear secrets as you build through it.

What is this, the War Thunder thread?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Flyinglemur posted:

What is this, the War Thunder thread?

No, because I haven't given up any secrets yet.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?
Quick sketch: MILS-compatible In-N-Out with drive-thru. Concept for the LUG city layout.

With slightly modified road modules to connect the drive-thru:

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
So this is the next IP Ideas set?

Wax Dynasty
Jan 1, 2013

This postseason, I've really enjoyed bringing back the three-inning save.

Hell Gem
That is amazing, and I would pay stupid money for that set.

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Carbohydrates posted:

Quick sketch: MILS-compatible In-N-Out with drive-thru. Concept for the LUG city layout.

YES... YESSSSSS... Carbs slowly starting to make Modular scale buildings that I can slot into my town... :dance:

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Carbohydrates posted:

Wow, this is the first time I’ve seen the new palm trees actually look good. Carbohydrates, you’ve done it again!

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
I like the sign! Good use of the birdhouse piece haha

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Maybe Carbs shouldn't work for LEGO. They'd be held back by all sorts of corporate BS and we wouldn't get to see this constant parade of brilliant MOCs.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Carbohydrates posted:

How did you get the 1x1 cheese wedges seated in there for the middle of the letter N?

Excellent build. If I had one unsolicited suggestion it would be to maybe put a small exhaust or hatch or something on the roof just to break up the studs up a little bit. Although, it does seem like you are going for an official Lego modular style with it and they probably wouldn't do that so maybe that's intentional.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Mar 4, 2023

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?

veni veni veni posted:

How did you get the 1x1 cheese wedges seated in there for the middle of the letter N?

Excellent build. If I had one unsolicited suggestion it would be to maybe put a small exhaust or hatch or something on the roof just to break up the studs up a little bit. Although, it does seem like you are going for an official Lego modular style with it and they probably wouldn't do that so maybe that's intentional.
The N is a li'l tricky to explain. The vertical piece that the cheese slopes are attached to is a tile, 2 x 2 modified with 2 studs. Two of them face each other and are held in with clips to a horizontal bar that runs behind the whole sign.

I did go back and add another pass of details including a couple rooftop units - not on the very top, but behind the middle structure. Also a garbage can made using the new shulkur box element from the new Minecraft sets!

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Loving the spilled drink

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Oh man the garbage can add is excellent

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

Hot drat Carbs, another killer MOC. The sign, building structure, hell everything is awesome. The shulker piece usage is especially slick.

Fresh new Indiana Jones leaks, it looks like someone found them for sale at a Learning Express (which is known to sell slightly over MSRP), and the rumors that The Temple of Doom was getting delayed or canceled seem to be true. There are pics of the Fighter Plane Chase and Escape from the Lost Tomb but the only really new picture is of the 18+ Temple of The Golden Idol set. My first impressions are really good, the idol chamber and border really stand out to me. It's cool to see something different than all black siding. There might be play features too?

BaconCopter fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Mar 5, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

gently caress you Lego, there is no more room in my house