Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
https://twitter.com/Tendar/status/1632068634444181505

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

lmfao the canned yerba mate

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

https://twitter.com/reshetz/status/1632114712199544833

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

lets get those bad boys to bakhmut asap

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

on one hand: great, more escalation

on the other: lol the UK is actually going to run out of tanks

this is insane, our military is on its last legs and its just giving away 28 tanks. Fuckkkkk this war means a lot to those at the top.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
critical support for the detankization of all these places

i think uk still has a few hundo though

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Cuttlefush posted:

critical support for the detankization of all these places

i think uk still has a few hundo though

227 apparently, but 'not all of them are in a condition to be deployed' lol

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Regarde Aduck posted:

227 apparently, but 'not all of them are in a condition to be deployed' lol

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-shropshire-57025266

The military is downsizing to only use 148 tanks which are being modified from the existing 227 so the government is offloading obsolete material to be explosively scrapped in Ukraine while getting them international kudos rather than scrapping them themselves.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

I wonder how long it would take NAFO to notice if you snuck in a wojak in a Wehrmacht uniform on the left side.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
looks like bakhmut has been the attritional graveyard the z-posters were crowing about....but for the wrong army

https://twitter.com/WarintheFuture/status/1631928080653754368

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

the word “casualties” has been corrupted in the west so who knows what he means

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
eh?

fizzy
Dec 2, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

euphronius posted:

the word “casualties” has been corrupted in the west so who knows what he means

What was the original meaning of the word, and what has it now been corrupted into in the "West"?

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
10,000 casualities would mean about 2000-3000 KIA

Also, that article also says that "Wagner forces are taking far higher casualities because they don't employ military tactics" which we know it nonsense.

Ardennes has issued a correction as of 12:28 on Mar 5, 2023

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

namesake posted:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-shropshire-57025266

The military is downsizing to only use 148 tanks which are being modified from the existing 227 so the government is offloading obsolete material to be explosively scrapped in Ukraine while getting them international kudos rather than scrapping them themselves.

devilish

mila kunis posted:

looks like bakhmut has been the attritional graveyard the z-posters were crowing about....but for the wrong army

no.... NO! *smashes evangelion unit 01 figurine*

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

fizzy posted:

What was the original meaning of the word, and what has it now been corrupted into in the "West"?

why are you using scare quotes around the west.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
answer the "question", please, "euphronius"

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

euphronius posted:

any rational person should be scared of the west

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Russia has lost over one million soldiers since the start of their war

Unfortunately they keep digging more up out of the ooze surrounding Isengard, so they are able to keep this up indefinitely

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

fizzy posted:

western news sources use the term very loosely and purposely obfuscate the difference between wounded and dead. This is so they can say 10,000 Russian casualties and know the average viewer now thinks 10,000 Russians died. And they're not lying so you can't call them liars.

The west is the NATO hegemony with the US at the top. The anglosphere + EU + Japan + Australia/NZ.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Regarde Aduck posted:

western news sources use the term very loosely and purposely obfuscate the difference between wounded and dead. This is so they can say 10,000 Russian casualties and know the average viewer now thinks 10,000 Russians died. And they're not lying so you can't call them liars.

The west is the NATO hegemony with the US at the top. The anglosphere + EU + Japan + Australia/NZ.

They're probably also quoting Ukrainian estimations without scrutiny

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Nix Panicus posted:

yeah that's the uh, bigger thing. and it's usually killed or dead instead of just casualties for this. i thought you were going somewhere else with it though.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Regarde Aduck posted:

devilish

no.... NO! *smashes evangelion unit 01 figurine*

Same but it's konosuba anime girl statues.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
The story itself is heavy on the "human wave" narrative so it really depends on if you believe everything attached to it or not.

Btw, it seems like some Ukrainian units are trying to leave on the last gravel road out of Bakhmut but they are taking heavy fire.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Nix Panicus posted:

They have a narrative to push. Objective reality doesn't come into it.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

It is continuously baffling that people refuse to comprehend everyone has huge incentives to lie about numbers and events because Ukraine lives or dies by western sentiment

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
also because that's just how war numbers. this isn't your first war propaganda lesson unless you're a kid. c'mon

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
i think i speak for all of us Z-posters who love to smooch putin that we are not 'crowing' about a horrific meatgriner we are 'oinking and honking" and going "AWOooooooGA" instead please get it right

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Cuttlefush posted:

also because that's just how war numbers. this isn't your first war propaganda lesson unless you're a kid. c'mon

Admittedly, you probably have more of an incentive to make things up if you are actually on the worse end of an exchange.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

My head turned into a steam whistle

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
you will find lots of posts of me going 'i love this, i love all those ukrainians dying at bahkmut and i hope they stay there and all get exploded'

Col.Schultz
May 14, 2010

Till we come to some beginning within our own power...

mila kunis posted:

Mick Ryan knows a lot about casualties. But mostly those of the Afghan children and families that the SAS killed under his watch when he lead a ‘reconstruction’ taskforce in Afghanistan. Man is a oval office and a liar OP.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

he will try to kill again

quote:

A @WarInTheFuture site about contemporary war and competition. Also covering issues related to the war in Ukraine, Chinese aggression against Taiwan and Indo-Pacific defence.

fizzy
Dec 2, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

euphronius posted:

The "West" is not a monolith, OP.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Yeah, it's just US.

Vulin
Jun 15, 2012
"Bloodied the russians in a way they haven't experienced since WW2"?

drat tankie propaganda, saying the russian invasion is the same as the soviet defense against the nazis.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Col.Schultz posted:

Mick Ryan knows a lot about casualties. But mostly those of the Afghan children and families that the SAS killed under his watch when he lead a ‘reconstruction’ taskforce in Afghanistan. Man is a oval office and a liar OP.

lmao that nafo is filled with real retired generals and poo poo along with active airforce men lol

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Mick Ryan
Chris Coons

all these dudes named after slurs

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

wasn’t afghanistan or chechnya supposed to be the bloodiest since WW2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU