Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Strand in the campaign honks. The fragments you can use only after beating the campaign make it great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

:33< i KNOW, i was speaking metafurrikitty :33

Has anyone actually gotten a Terminal Overload key and, if so, how? The Stargazer quest is very broad and doing patrols like it says has netted me fuckall in that arena

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Whoever designed this last fight needs to get their game designer license taken away. Over an hour of beating my head against this lovely rear end loving piece of poo poo fight with every death being "some random bullshit just flung me out of the arena".

How the gently caress does something like this get into the final game?

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Legendary emperor of the Cabal and disciple of The Witness, Calus, died from being repeatedly shot in the toe

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

his name is CALUS not CARING

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I cheesed the gently caress out of the fight with the stair pipe method.

Le Monarque is great for the second phase. Just keep popping him with poison arrows in the dick and the DoT will eat him up in no time.

Zero regrets, eat poo poo bad boss fight.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Evil Badman posted:

Strand in the campaign honks. The fragments you can use only after beating the campaign make it great.

Now that I'm post campaign and have a decent "all slots filled with some synergy" strand build... It's okay actually. Not great, not terrible. Averagely fine.

Would I rather play void etc? Yes probably.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

I’ve mained a Hunter since D1, but I’m tempted to switch to Warlock purely because I want an army of bombchusthreadlings. So well done on that account Bungie.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Whoever designed this last fight needs to get their game designer license taken away. Over an hour of beating my head against this lovely rear end loving piece of poo poo fight with every death being "some random bullshit just flung me out of the arena".

How the gently caress does something like this get into the final game?

I agree. A missed opportunity to add in some taken blights for slow while being chased by the tormenters, stasis scorn to freeze you mid jump over the death drops and those wall and floor taken explosion things which knock you around.

Majere
Oct 22, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

arsenicCatnip posted:

Has anyone actually gotten a Terminal Overload key and, if so, how? The Stargazer quest is very broad and doing patrols like it says has netted me fuckall in that arena

They only drop after you've finished Stargazer. Maybe only patrols/public events in the vex zone count? I've been getting keys from heroic public events pretty regularly.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I was doing the quests for the new exotics in the patrol zones and have a shitload of keys now.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Pirate Jet posted:

Legendary emperor of the Cabal and disciple of The Witness, Calus, died from being repeatedly shot in the toe

... cspam stays winning?

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I have so many Defiant keys. The game spews them at you, I hit the cap regularly and I haven't even played that often. Which is funny when they announced it everyone was screaming that it was clearly gonna be so they could limit the keys so they could sell them in the store, and not because spending 50 or 250 or 500 of whatever currency was a dumb weird number where 1 works better.

I have had so much loot thrown at me, it's great. Autumn Wind is rad, glad I did the qualifiers in Crucible because it threw a bunch at me and I'm stoked. Nameless Midnight is great too. Lots of rad perks to roll with.

The focusing for the vendors is great too, I can get the Horror's Least I was chasing (eventually) but never got. I'm wondering if the vendor resets that give you extra perks in columns is gonna work with the legacy focusing. hosed up (positive) if true.

Edit: Oh also the increased difficulty levels are noticeable but appreciated. It's weird being the person carrying people in matchmade Nightfalls tho. All these extra champ counters and still people trying to brute force things. Pretty amazing seeing people attempting speedruns ragequit because they aren't used to shooting things.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I feel like if anyone thinks strand is boring, they are not grappling enough tangles. I've had so many fun and dumb moments taking a ride on Air Tangle and just yeeting myself across an arena.

Terminal Overload has a phase where you gotta take a plate and there's a bunch of harpies way up in the air. Is it dumb to tangle grapple up to them to get a grapple melee? Yes. Is it fun. Very.

I've had some super satisfying "will this work? Yes! Yes it does!" moments. Not to mention just how satisfying it is using your grapple to get back to the bubble/dunk in the battleground. At this point I'm half expecting the raid to have mechanics that require you to carry stuff but aren't locked out of grappling.

Shackle grenades make me miss grapple so much, but right now it feels like they fit really well into making the subclass something that still works when you don't/can't be grappling all over the place.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The last phase of the defiant battleground is very obviously designed for you to grapple yourself to/from the wizards and yes it is fun to do that

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

:33< i KNOW, i was speaking metafurrikitty :33

Majere posted:

They only drop after you've finished Stargazer. Maybe only patrols/public events in the vex zone count? I've been getting keys from heroic public events pretty regularly.

Weird. I'll try that then, thanks

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
I really like the fact that as soon as I made a build that gave me a bit of survivability and damage from synergies the game went "ok cool, but how about grappling around while this huge robot kills you?"

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
I played Destiny 1 when it first came out and 2 as well, but I'm starting over coming back in. I tried to follow what's going on just starting up but it kinda drops you into the Russian Quarantine zone now and I have no idea what my main purpose is. Is that how it is now and you just do patrols or am I really that blind? I warped to the Last City cause I had no idea what to do, cause I remember getting a ship in the Russian quarantine zone but didn't see the story going through that. Is there anyone that could may be explain what I'm supposed to do?

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Diabetic posted:

cause I remember getting a ship in the Russian quarantine zone but didn't see the story going through that.
there used to be a mission / cool cutscene where you got your own ship, but this was replaced by clicking on a box in a vendor screen. Welcome to Destiny 2: The New Light Experience

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Beat the campaign on Legendary yesterday. Basically echoed what most people have said where Blender Room and last boss were the hardest part.

Ended up using the cheese strat against Calus because I already loving hated that fight on Normal and after 30mins of dying to bullshit again made me throw in the towel. No regrets.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I really should've ground up some artifice armor last season, but I didn't think things would be this much rear end now. That would at least have been a fun way to min max some qol stats.

I did try to play again last night with a new build, it was ok but yet again random mods just doing fuckall just ruins it and getting one shot randomly or ARCHITECT'D out of existence too. Feels like a poo poo cover shooter at times now that I really think about it as well, so that explains why I hate it so much more.

Winterbite is fun, except you can blow yourself up if you're missing any health at all. QS missing that 40% to redbars feels awful, I'm not the biggest fan of the fragments in strand for warlock plus only having 2 aspects, but grinding different armor rolls out might solve that. Would be so much nicer to get to use an extra aspect in any subclass for another 2 slots for some truly neat builds but that's not anything new now.

I've got a little more testing I want to do with strand today, maybe something will click. The lack of crafting options feels poo poo as well, the whole release feels so half baked and directionless, seraph was such a fun season that it's like hitting a wall moving forward.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpNIf32E4r8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLzvmenOAK0

They said strand was bad

RBX fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Mar 5, 2023

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of

Diabetic posted:

I played Destiny 1 when it first came out and 2 as well, but I'm starting over coming back in. I tried to follow what's going on just starting up but it kinda drops you into the Russian Quarantine zone now and I have no idea what my main purpose is. Is that how it is now and you just do patrols or am I really that blind? I warped to the Last City cause I had no idea what to do, cause I remember getting a ship in the Russian quarantine zone but didn't see the story going through that. Is there anyone that could may be explain what I'm supposed to do?

What does your Journey tab tell you to do? If you were grandfathered in to Rank 6 just click back to 1 and follow it along. Whenever I've looked at it it seems to give you point by point directions on things to do that will explain the various stuff that is in the game.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
Winterbite rules because you can strand grapple your own balls

Pinely
Jul 23, 2013
College Slice
For the second phase of the Callus fight, Leviathan's Breathe with the catalyst can perma stun him, you just need to break his shield at each health gate.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Even if you do it legitimately and don't cheese it the Calus fight is incredibly unimaginative. Calus himself is barely a threat, the threat is all from the Tormentors and getting booped into the void by incendiors.

One of the biggest threats we've faced lore wise and the random servitor boss in Warden of Nothing has better fight mechanics.

Cheese it just to get it over with, you're not missing anything.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Pinely posted:

For the second phase of the Callus fight, Leviathan's Breathe with the catalyst can perma stun him, you just need to break his shield at each health gate.

You don't even need to switch off leviathan for that, a fully drawn shot is about 75% of his shield

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

Diabetic posted:

There's a new light questline designed for new players that may be useful to follow. There's a little kiosk next to the postmaster in the tower where old/abandoned quests end up, so get it from there.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.

life_source posted:

What does your Journey tab tell you to do? If you were grandfathered in to Rank 6 just click back to 1 and follow it along. Whenever I've looked at it it seems to give you point by point directions on things to do that will explain the various stuff that is in the game.

Yep it shows me as rank 6, I'll do that. I'll also go by the Postmaster to look there.

Thank you all :)

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
They're eventually gonna patch in a guaranteed redframe per day system into Neomuna yeah? It's wild how rare they are

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

They're eventually gonna patch in a guaranteed redframe per day system into Neomuna yeah? It's wild how rare they are

I have an insane amount of seasonal red frames. I’m going to pretend lightfall doesn’t exist and we just got strand and a new season

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I feel like I haven't gotten that many red frames from the season - I just keep getting armor from my keys. Also, im a bit uncertain how annoying it will be to get the red frames for Imperial Decree and the Swords since you only get those by focusing.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Reminder that the campaign gives red frames to alts too - so you can get all the guns to 3/5 that way. Partition seems like it might be weighted to give red frames too? I got one on 2/3 characters.

Otherwise, I'm inclined to agree the path to finishing those patterns out seems like it could be a bit rough if you don't do stuff like fishing for heroic patrols.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Lol, you can straight up but the seasonal armor pieces without having them drop first. Hell yeah, I only wanted to get the transmog asap anyway. Finally a good bug that might not get squashed immediately.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Oxyclean posted:

campaign gives red frames to alts too - so you can get all the guns to 3/5

hosed up advice TBQH

A Buffer Gay Dude posted:

pretend lightfall doesn’t exist

That's the stuff

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
Bringing in all the boys to play lightfall a year from now by watching the opening and final cutscenes stitched into a single vid

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

A Buffer Gay Dude posted:

Winterbite rules because you can strand grapple your own balls

Died with grappled balls, not of

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

hosed up advice TBQH

You need to do the campaign on alts to unlock strand. Blitz through on normal skipping cutscenes and you're done in like 3 hours.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Lib and let die posted:

Died with grappled balls, not of

Grappled myself in the balls so hard I died of a heart attack

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

I’ve always played Destiny on PS5, but I have since gotten a gaming PC. I see they have cross-save now, but would I still have to buy a PC version of Lightfall if I wanted to be able to play it on both?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

I’ve always played Destiny on PS5, but I have since gotten a gaming PC. I see they have cross-save now, but would I still have to buy a PC version of Lightfall if I wanted to be able to play it on both?

That was my experience during Beyond Light when my PS4 poo poo the bed, yeah