Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
First ever Gluten Free Coronation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mebh
May 10, 2010

So we had coronation chicken and jubilee chicken.

What abomination will we get for Charles?

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Chicken sausages

hands.png

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Mebh posted:

So we had coronation chicken and jubilee chicken.

What abomination will we get for Charles?

Tampon Terrine

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

smellmycheese posted:

Tampon Terrine

lol

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

I get the impression the NI secretary post is used mostly to insult north ireland

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
The way that guy bootlicks Sue Gray really feeds the fire of those rumours that she's a spook. He sounds terrified of her, and also tacitly supports her being elevated to one of the most powerful positions in the country, assuming Starmer wins the next election.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
why is starmer making GBS threads all over poland these days?

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
has nobody told him it's an important ally of the UK

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
He invested in Eastern Poland and now all his money belongs to a guy called "Dan"

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
More seriously, it sounds like he was going for a "because of Tory misrule, the average British family will soon be worse off than the average Polish family, because Poland are growing their economy and Britain is shrinking theirs", and a bunch of bad faith actors have decided to claim this as anti-Polish racism.

Starmer could have made the point better, but the papers worried about 'Romanian hordes' 10 years ago do not give a poo poo about anti-Polonism and are just playing "aha, the real racist"

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Microplastics posted:

Chicken sausages

hands.png

This reminds me, it seems the sausages you get at the chippy are actually chicken. I always wondered why I've preferred them over higher quality pork sausages and it turns out it's because it's chicken?

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

I get the impression the NI secretary post is used mostly to insult north ireland

The only people who think the British government gives the tiniest poo poo about NI are the DUP and the impoverished fools who vote for them

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

The Perfect Element posted:

The way that guy bootlicks Sue Gray really feeds the fire of those rumours that she's a spook. He sounds terrified of her, and also tacitly supports her being elevated to one of the most powerful positions in the country, assuming Starmer wins the next election.

It’s not a rumour lol. Nobody took a loving “career break” from the civil service to run a pub in border country in the 1980s. The fact that supposedly serious newspapers are prepared to publish that spin is objectively hilarious

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

fuctifino posted:

e: StarryAI has improved with the latest model

https://twitter.com/stuwyatt/status/1631578986835849216

This AI generated ham looks far better than the real thing.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

“Honestly Nigel. Life here in Surrey can seem so dreary sometimes with all this tiresome government paperwork. I think what we need is a breath of fresh air. Let’s go and run a pub on the Irish Border in the middle of a loving civil war”

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

It's currently a punishment position... though some tories like a bit of that. :nono:

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

There is a reason why its usually the last one filled and filled by nobodies.
You have to spend the rest of your life looking under your car for bombs, can't go anywhere without security, and you won't get noticed even if you bring peace.
The only one who did a drat was Mo Molam, and when she helped to broker the GFA Tony Blair swooped in to take the glory from her.
Peter loving Mandelson replaced her, probably the only one who did ever want the job as the high from having peace in NI was so strong then.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Guavanaut posted:

More seriously, it sounds like he was going for a "because of Tory misrule, the average British family will soon be worse off than the average Polish family, because Poland are growing their economy and Britain is shrinking theirs", and a bunch of bad faith actors have decided to claim this as anti-Polish racism.

Starmer could have made the point better, but the papers worried about 'Romanian hordes' 10 years ago do not give a poo poo about anti-Polonism and are just playing "aha, the real racist"

Eh, I think it's the other way around - since Starmer's continuity Cameron, a bunch of Eastern Europeans are nervous about him joining those papers in bashing them for cheap pops.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Darth Walrus posted:

Eh, I think it's the other way around - since Starmer's continuity Cameron, a bunch of Eastern Europeans are nervous about him joining those papers in bashing them for cheap pops.

I wouldn't go around pissing off the people who have easy access to man-portable anti tank weapons to be honest.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/ZAQSBusiness/status/1632312794392723456

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnysDX6k8nY

How were they not aware that oil heating is expensive as gently caress?

cat botherer fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Mar 5, 2023

domhal
Dec 30, 2008

0.000% of Communism has been built. Evil child-murdering billionaires still rule the world with a shit-eating grin. All he has managed to do is make himself *sad*. It has, however, made him into a very, very smart boy with something like a university degree in Truth. Instead of building Communism, he now builds a precise model of this grotesque, duplicitous world.

Guavanaut posted:

He invested in Eastern Poland and now all his money belongs to a guy called "Dan"

Labour foreign police 2025: attack and dethrone Dan.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Same, little girl in the front, same.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

quote:

The ponies – whose field costs £120 a month to rent – are eating far more hay over a freezing winter. “We’ve been stabling them at night as well, which requires more hay and bedding,” she says.

Rising food prices have required some compromises too. The pets consume £90 worth of food a month, Saunders estimates, and the family have ditched their Waitrose habit. “That’s been vetoed by Charlie. Now we go to Morrisons instead, as it’s far closer,” she says.

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.
No one ever told me animals have to eat!

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

Put the ponies in the kitchen and burn their poop. Sorted.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
Italian social democrats elect a woman of Jewish heritage as party leader; she will now be the face of the opposition to their neofascist government

Graun: i know what this reminds me of!!!
https://twitter.com/guardiannews/status/1632419922826481665

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Jesus Christ lol

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

I had a good cackle at that. :laugh:

The real countryside is hard work, not a holiday.

edit:

happyhippy posted:

The only one who did a drat was Mo Molam...

Respect for Mo. :pressf:

Just Another Lurker fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Mar 5, 2023

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Cynthia! Cynithia! I found one Cynthia!

GETTEM CYNTHIA

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Darth Walrus posted:

I'd take it more seriously if it weren't the worst rags making the most hay out of it. The same papers that spent decades depicting everywhere east of the Elbe as a teeming mass of Slavic criminals and gave pages of space to Nigel Farage and Richard Littlejohn to present "you're not allowed a job these days unless you can speak Polish, and they hold disrespectful parties on Remembrance Day" as 'legitimate concerns' are now depicting Poland as our stalwart Christian PiS voting NATO allies and Starmer as anti-Polish.

Reminds me of when they turned on a penny from "Miliband is a Marxist Shylock who desecrates bacon sandwiches in his multiple kitchens" to "Corbyn is a Holocaust denier and we have always opposed anti-Semitism."

It's amusing seeing these attempts to sting him after following years of the scorpion saying "just a little further to the right and I won't sting you" but it's still very poor faith presentation from the Express and the Mail (:monocle:)

Just Another Lurker posted:

The real countryside is hard work, not a holiday.
It'll be good fun, just like the Good Life, just like how being food self-sufficient is a piece of piss and will show the foreigners what for, rather than how famines happen.

Watch It Burn
Apr 8, 2009

Let the ponies live in the house and eat the family.

Problem solved.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Is neil coyle smoking something, the guy will not shut up begging to be let back into labour after bringing the party into disrepute for merely sexually assaulting several people and drinking 20 pints a night.

Edit: huh, someone bought me a new Av and flair. And I have no idea why. Oddly suitable given my partners family is from northern Ireland and escaped persecution in the troubles (for the ""crime"" of being catholic) by emigrating to birmingham.

Drone_Fragger fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Mar 5, 2023

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Drone_Fragger posted:

Edit: huh, someone bought me a new Av and flair. And I have no idea why. Oddly suitable given my partners family is from northern Ireland and escaped persecution in the troubles (for the ""crime"" of being catholic) by emigrating to birmingham.

I can only assume it's to compensate you for the Brummie accent. ;)

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Oakeshitts gambit for her lovely boyfriends lovely party clearly paying dividends

https://twitter.com/britainelects/status/1632442809683791875?s=46&t=m_nNbkNoHG4lLitcpyHReg

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

Drone_Fragger posted:

Is neil coyle smoking something, the guy will not shut up begging to be let back into labour after bringing the party into disrepute for merely sexually assaulting several people and drinking 20 pints a night.

Neil Coyle previous claim to fame was that 4-5 times a week he'd get piss drunk and tweet a bunch of poo poo.
That, or going out campaigning with his infant child strapped to his chest, which was a totally normal thing to do and not at all because he was being shadowed by a friendly journalist.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

one in four people still think the tories are doing a good job

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Microplastics posted:

GETTEM CYNTHIA

'They now have a menagerie that includes two ponies, dogs, cats and rabbits. “We’ve made lots of friends through school, and we love the slower pace of life,” says Saunders, 42, a nutritionist. But as many people who have made similar moves have discovered, country life comes with unexpected costs'

Ah the ol' Zahawi conundrum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Jel Shaker posted:

one in four people still think the tories are doing a good job

Not entirely true, they simply think everyone else would be doing a worse job, with evidence from brain parasites, leaded petrol, Cocaine and huffing paint.