Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

I’ve always played Destiny on PS5, but I have since gotten a gaming PC. I see they have cross-save now, but would I still have to buy a PC version of Lightfall if I wanted to be able to play it on both?

expansions have to be bought on both systems; seasons are playable across them if you buy them on your main cross save account

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!
Having played Hunter and Warlock enough to clear most powerful/pinnacles this week I'd say that so far Warlock is the bigger winner for Strand by a pretty large margin.

Having two grapples on Hunter and the bonus grapple point is good for movement, but the tradeoffs for lethality make it not really all that worthwhile as far as I've found. The grapple melee alone doesn't hit as hard or in as wide a range as any other grenade and so you're usually just diving into a group of enemies who will remain alive afterwards and you need something else to secure kills or make a quick exit. This is made worse by the rope dart melee being really bad, in a lot of cases not enough to kill even a single red bar for me; it feels like an intentional power tradeoff for being able to hit multiple targets, but the stasis melee does that too and it can secure kills at the same time. In general it feels like I have Go Away buttons I can hit to clear a group or make an opening; I can move around a lot and the relic that gives woven mail on grapple seems to make it pretty safe, but I can't do a whole lot after I'm done moving. I feel like building into suspend is going to be the play here.

Warlock, on the other hand, rocks lethality on par with Y5 light 3.0 classes and feels way better in most content so far. I only realized like five hours in I hadn't gone back and bought any fragments beyond the one that increases the spider damage because that's really all I needed; those little guys make the grapple more lethal, make your rift more lethal (and good as a panic button if you're being swarmed by smaller enemies), the super works for both AoE and single target damage depending on where and when you use it. I was having a lot of fun with felwinter's helm and flinging a needle into a group of enemies to blind and weaken them from range - usually following up by shooting the tangle I just made to clear them all out.

Hunter definitely needs like one extra tool to let their abilities kill stuff better. Titan's next, and I'm looking forward to seeing how it plays out.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Through the campaign on my Titan and Hunter, Strand nearly totally unlocked on both and getting my hands on the now disabled Glaive today :(

I really enjoyed Lightfalls legendary campaign gameplay. I cleared most of it with 3 the first time through and the solo/duo'd my hunter. It is much much easier solo since the scaling is so aggressive. It feels easier and lower stakes compared to WQ which is a bit disappointing, but overall from a gameplay perspective I don't have any complaints. I enjoyed figuring out all the encounters with my friends, the only one that really sticks out is trio-ing the boss with the red wall of death as really tedious. My only gameplay campaign negative was being forced to use strand since it seemed to make some of the encounters harder to clear and was very disorienting irt how I was playing. Def breaks the flow state. Callus seemed pretty braindead to me zip around the outside platforms, murder tormenters as they pop and whittle him down. Shoot and scoot. The final bit was a fun surprise. I used alot of Witherhoard and Outbreak Perfected. LMGs seem to be the answer to alot of problems too.

The story seemed really disjointed and I get why people were like WTF is the veil? I barely pay attention to The Destiny Lore and even I though Nimbus was really annoying. This is supposed to be some Very Serious Business (TM) and this dudes really not reading the room. I also disliked that this expansion was an incredibly contrived Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles learn your power grasshopper adventure. It felt like a bunch of filler bullshit and they could have cut like 2-3 of those campaign levels and added in something else. WQ actually got me to pay attention because it felt very interesting and high stakes and like it all actually mattered.

The seasonal is alot of fun and feels like they should have reversed the story lines of the expansion and the seasonal tbh. Give us strand across a season with all that bullshit and let us do things that matter in the campaign. I like it, but the end section drags a little but overall, probably the bestest they've done to date. It's really rough when you have two blueberries though and YOU are the one doing all the mechanics. Hoepfully this fades as the seasons progresses.

Mods seem very superfical with set general BIS options in your head and feet leaving you to basically make decisions around how you want to stack your regen options in your arms and class items. Chest is defensive mods ezpz. You're running Heavy Ammo Finder/Scout/Siphon in your head and 2x Damage boosts with your flavor of orb pick up (or kinetic damage) in your feet. I think the only time I'd give up the weapons boosts would be for an Arc Titan style build where I just want the grenade all the time.

I really miss some of the more cross style builds from the well system where you could synergize across classes to provide benefits to people like just having a casual well of life on since the warlocks in your fireteam are popping solar wells.

Speaking of mods the general early meta seems to revolve around answering how do I keep suspend and/or woven mail up as much as possible and LOL Volatile Flow is broken. You can run void weapons for volatile rounds even if you're not void and I would encourage everyone to do it if anything is giving you a hard time. Repulsor braces will give you over shields after picking up an orb with volatile flow effectively making you invincible. Looking forward to playing with some of the deeper strand options and unlocks in the season pass since I'm currently built with a bunch of void and unstoppable glaive.

I think hunters have some interesting suspend options with sixth coyote, but the support class seems to be Titan since we can proc Woven Mail for our whole fireteam by popping tangles. Need to mess with Glaive vs HoIL, do not enjoy Synco's and decide on a good loop to keep Mail up on everyone (and myself). Titan melee feels a little underwhelming but I'm using it to finish lower health opponents and force a tangle. Legend Lost Sector is a good time but I'm not good enough to flawless it yet RIP. Strand Titan feels like living your life 10 seconds at a time. Need a good way to keep the orbs and tangles flowing. Currently set up running HoIL Strand with Witherhoard, Repulsor Unforgiven, Repulsor Commemoration or a timelost corrective measure depending on how i feel. Volatile Flow op. Going to experiment with the strand exotic I think but the icicle spikes are tempting.

Titan Fragments I think Mind, Generation and Warding are pretty great. I'd run the demo one for a boss encounter and currently experimenting with the one that makes tangles on weapon kill if woven. I really like the precision kills on suspended targets makes orbs since its a non-mod dependent orb generator and something you can proc when you need it for Volatile and Woven.

Post campaign the Machine Gun quest is most excellent and I think the Glaive quest is one of the best things to do when you pass campaign. It gives powerful's at every tier and will feed you strand bucks and vendor rep. Really enjoyed the weekly sparrow race thing that you get to do too. Vex incursions is really fun cool idea, I hope they do more of that.

Overall I think its a pretty solid B being dragged by the tone, pace and forced strand, but I consider this expansion to be more of a tech debt payment/systems update. The overhauled systems I think are an A+ rn. I think it will be a huge positive and I love what they're doing to light level.

Now just into the Powerful/Pinnacle loop and getting all my stuff to 1780 for the raid yay :)

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Does matchmaking take your Light level into account or is this just confirmation bias? Nightfall was a meatgrinder for me until I got to 1776 light and now each group I've been matched with clears in 11-12 minutes. I know for a fact it's not just me carrying or anything.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Waroduce posted:

Through the campaign on my Titan and Hunter, Strand nearly totally unlocked on both and getting my hands on the now disabled Glaive today :(

I really enjoyed Lightfalls legendary campaign gameplay. I cleared most of it with 3 the first time through and the solo/duo'd my hunter. It is much much easier solo since the scaling is so aggressive. It feels easier and lower stakes compared to WQ which is a bit disappointing, but overall from a gameplay perspective I don't have any complaints. I enjoyed figuring out all the encounters with my friends, the only one that really sticks out is trio-ing the boss with the red wall of death as really tedious. My only gameplay campaign negative was being forced to use strand since it seemed to make some of the encounters harder to clear and was very disorienting irt how I was playing. Def breaks the flow state. Callus seemed pretty braindead to me zip around the outside platforms, murder tormenters as they pop and whittle him down. Shoot and scoot. The final bit was a fun surprise. I used alot of Witherhoard and Outbreak Perfected. LMGs seem to be the answer to alot of problems too.

The story seemed really disjointed and I get why people were like WTF is the veil? I barely pay attention to The Destiny Lore and even I though Nimbus was really annoying. This is supposed to be some Very Serious Business (TM) and this dudes really not reading the room. I also disliked that this expansion was an incredibly contrived Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles learn your power grasshopper adventure. It felt like a bunch of filler bullshit and they could have cut like 2-3 of those campaign levels and added in something else. WQ actually got me to pay attention because it felt very interesting and high stakes and like it all actually mattered.

The seasonal is alot of fun and feels like they should have reversed the story lines of the expansion and the seasonal tbh. Give us strand across a season with all that bullshit and let us do things that matter in the campaign. I like it, but the end section drags a little but overall, probably the bestest they've done to date. It's really rough when you have two blueberries though and YOU are the one doing all the mechanics. Hoepfully this fades as the seasons progresses.

Mods seem very superfical with set general BIS options in your head and feet leaving you to basically make decisions around how you want to stack your regen options in your arms and class items. Chest is defensive mods ezpz. You're running Heavy Ammo Finder/Scout/Siphon in your head and 2x Damage boosts with your flavor of orb pick up (or kinetic damage) in your feet. I think the only time I'd give up the weapons boosts would be for an Arc Titan style build where I just want the grenade all the time.

I really miss some of the more cross style builds from the well system where you could synergize across classes to provide benefits to people like just having a casual well of life on since the warlocks in your fireteam are popping solar wells.

Speaking of mods the general early meta seems to revolve around answering how do I keep suspend and/or woven mail up as much as possible and LOL Volatile Flow is broken. You can run void weapons for volatile rounds even if you're not void and I would encourage everyone to do it if anything is giving you a hard time. Repulsor braces will give you over shields after picking up an orb with volatile flow effectively making you invincible. Looking forward to playing with some of the deeper strand options and unlocks in the season pass since I'm currently built with a bunch of void and unstoppable glaive.

I think hunters have some interesting suspend options with sixth coyote, but the support class seems to be Titan since we can proc Woven Mail for our whole fireteam by popping tangles. Need to mess with Glaive vs HoIL, do not enjoy Synco's and decide on a good loop to keep Mail up on everyone (and myself). Titan melee feels a little underwhelming but I'm using it to finish lower health opponents and force a tangle. Legend Lost Sector is a good time but I'm not good enough to flawless it yet RIP. Strand Titan feels like living your life 10 seconds at a time. Need a good way to keep the orbs and tangles flowing. Currently set up running HoIL Strand with Witherhoard, Repulsor Unforgiven, Repulsor Commemoration or a timelost corrective measure depending on how i feel. Volatile Flow op. Going to experiment with the strand exotic I think but the icicle spikes are tempting.

Titan Fragments I think Mind, Generation and Warding are pretty great. I'd run the demo one for a boss encounter and currently experimenting with the one that makes tangles on weapon kill if woven. I really like the precision kills on suspended targets makes orbs since its a non-mod dependent orb generator and something you can proc when you need it for Volatile and Woven.

Post campaign the Machine Gun quest is most excellent and I think the Glaive quest is one of the best things to do when you pass campaign. It gives powerful's at every tier and will feed you strand bucks and vendor rep. Really enjoyed the weekly sparrow race thing that you get to do too. Vex incursions is really fun cool idea, I hope they do more of that.

Overall I think its a pretty solid B being dragged by the tone, pace and forced strand, but I consider this expansion to be more of a tech debt payment/systems update. The overhauled systems I think are an A+ rn. I think it will be a huge positive and I love what they're doing to light level.

Now just into the Powerful/Pinnacle loop and getting all my stuff to 1780 for the raid yay :)

Cool.

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

:33< i KNOW, i was speaking metafurrikitty :33

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Does matchmaking take your Light level into account or is this just confirmation bias? Nightfall was a meatgrinder for me until I got to 1776 light and now each group I've been matched with clears in 11-12 minutes. I know for a fact it's not just me carrying or anything.

it almost certainly does. I'll slap on my FotL mask when loading into defiant battlegrounds so I team up with newbies and can help em out

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

arsenicCatnip posted:

it almost certainly does. I'll slap on my FotL mask when loading into defiant battlegrounds so I team up with newbies and can help em out

:cheers:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I think it’s just confirmation bias, PVE matchmaking is probably purely connection since there’s no PVE skill rating and no one will have a bad experience from a skill mismatch. It may actually be you carrying just because you can now go longer without dying and kill more enemies per minute so encounters are over faster

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Matchmaking does indeed take your current equipped power level into account!

There was a whole thing in the 30th anniversary event when new lights were being deposited en masse directly into Dares of Eternity with Immune enemies and unstunnable Champions, and veterans were encouraged to equip power floor gear to match up with them.

Bungie even gave an emblem out for it

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
Lots of words being posted about an expansion that doesn’t actually exist smdh

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Matchmaking does indeed take your current equipped power level into account!

There was a whole thing in the 30th anniversary event when new lights were being deposited en masse directly into Dares of Eternity with Immune enemies and unstunnable Champions, and veterans were encouraged to equip power floor gear to match up with them.

Bungie even gave an emblem out for it

lmao

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Lol I had forgotten about that

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

finished the campaign and i have to ask:

what the gently caress was that

the pacing was absurdly strange, half of the story was not explained properly (or at all), and the rugpull ending was just... why??? you really couldn't have written that any other way?

also tormentors really shouldn't have the damage resistances that they do, loving terrible design that neuters a ton of stuff for no reason

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Happy to report that the Retrofit does a drat good job of murdering Tormentors.

Sad to report, I have not found to many other consistent ways besides it :smith:.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Kith posted:

the pacing was absurdly strange, half of the story was not explained properly (or at all), and the rugpull ending was just... why??? you really couldn't have written that any other way?

ah, welcome to the first stage of lightfall grief, you'll catch up to us in acceptance here in a bit

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

I've already done a hot line of Acceptance off of the Witness's rear end, I'm still confused

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Kith posted:

also tormentors really shouldn't have the damage resistances that they do, loving terrible design that neuters a ton of stuff for no reason

It was weird as hell. People noticed that the opening & closing cutscenes seem to have been one single cutscene originally, likely meant to be the 'finale' to the campaign, but at some point they cut it in half and used half as the intro, half as the epilogue.

It created some weird stuff like 'what were Zavala and co doing for literally the whole campaign'? And the rugpull issue of course...

There's a rumor that the cutscene was made literally 2 years ago, before Lightfall was a thing, and when they added in Lightfall they had to conceive the planet, a reason to go there, etc and so we have this weird, self-contained story arc that takes place in the middle of a cutscene

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

so i asked a lore nerd friend of mine what the gently caress the veil is and why it's important. turns out it's partially explained in the postgame, but also previous information explains it rather clearly. going to spoil it out of an abundance of caution but if i had known this going into the campaign i wouldn't have spent nearly as much time utterly baffled by what was going on

the veil is the traveler's heart. savathun stole it during the first collapse to trick the witness into thinking that the traveler was dead. she did this for ????? reasons. she stashed the veil on neptune for further ????? reasons and deliberately injected the memories of doing so into osiris when she was him so we could go find it later.

which would have been really nice to know before going to neptune! but here we are

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
If you do all the missions back to back, you could almost convince yourself the campaign takes place in the span of a couple of hours, long enough that it's plausible the situation in Earth orbit would not have meaningfully changed by the time you got back- except for the training montage, which doesn't fit in that rationalization. And the places where your power isn't high enough so you have to put it on pause and go grind somewhere else

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
What should I know going in as a player who only finished the original destiny 2 story and stopping there?

Should I make a new character?

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
uhhhh

big eyes vape head big bad, possibly traveller equivalent

big gold dude fan favourite returning character from right after you stopped playing

OK your caught up. Try and enjoy Lightfall?????

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Mr Hootington posted:

What should I know going in as a player who only finished the original destiny 2 story and stopping there?

Should I make a new character?

nah but probably run a few strikes and do some patrols to get non-deprecated guns/armor and then delete all your old poo poo

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Kith posted:

so i asked a lore nerd friend of mine what the gently caress the veil is and why it's important. turns out it's partially explained in the postgame, but also previous information explains it rather clearly. going to spoil it out of an abundance of caution but if i had known this going into the campaign i wouldn't have spent nearly as much time utterly baffled by what was going on

the veil is the traveler's heart. savathun stole it during the first collapse to trick the witness into thinking that the traveler was dead. she did this for ????? reasons. she stashed the veil on neptune for further ????? reasons and deliberately injected the memories of doing so into osiris when she was him so we could go find it later.

which would have been really nice to know before going to neptune! but here we are

here check this out, veil info in a loving random patrol dialogue from the local CNN news guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FKkEccUcUE

they really punted on the core storyline hard

there's actually solid/fun stuff located in post campaign and lorebooks etc, focusing on non-end-of-the-world events including Nezarec, the Cloud Ark, Soteria, Asher Mir, Sloane, Titan, and other tidbits

problem is when you tee up your game ending storyline, 'neat little side stories' don't have quite as much weight, so it's not super surprising the initial reactions (especially from people who are just going to do the campaign and a bit of extra stuff and bounce) were very negative

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Kith posted:

I've already done a hot line of Acceptance off of the Witness's rear end, I'm still confused

there's no collision on Rohan so you can look up his rear end

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Should I do anything with my yellow weapons and armor? Is there a way to upgrade them or see if they are worth using still?

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

haveblue posted:

And the places where your power isn't high enough so you have to put it on pause and go grind somewhere else

people keep mentioning this and that was not my experience at all

aside from loving around in neomuna for like 20 minutes i did all the campaign missions back-to-back and and was never below the max power for a mission

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

I felt a really big spike in difficulty around Downfall so I went and did some season stuff, came back and had a much easier time. Maybe that was just placebo.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

i guess if you're doing them on normal the recommended power would be a lot higher than the max allowed by legendary

Truspeaker
Jan 28, 2009

I don't think there's any justification for the story being what it is besides "they chopped it up for production reasons and didn't do a great job" which, idk, sucks. I enjoyed the heck out of actually playing the missions, even the blender and calus. Yeah, they were hard, but I wasn't in a rush to finish, and I enjoyed figuring out how to deal with the challenge. Getting some artifact unlocks, especially the volatile on orb one, really made a huge difference. Also grinding out the catalyst for quicksilver storm, completely changed that gun from boring garbage to fun good times, particularly during any mission where you are sometimes strand and sometimes not. The dual void/strand siphon mod helped with those missions a lot too.

Lotta small stuff has made strand just feel much better than I thought at first - the grenade recharge on damage fragment, figuring out I could grapple to the thread balls and keep grenade energy, finally noticing that debuff/cool down saying you can only make a ball every 15 seconds or whatever and it wasn't just broken. Literally the only place a lot of information about how strand works is in the tooltips of various fragments (or at least that's all I saw) which sucks, but now that I know I guess I don't care. The fact that you get more currency to buy strand abilities from actually using them is fantastic, as someone who only unlocked stasis on one character and still don't have the last fragment.

Overall, actually playing the game feels pretty good right now! The story part of lightfall is going to be an embarrassment forever, but I think anyone not forcing themselves to bash their heads against the entire campaign on legendary difficulty day one will probably have an okay to good time with it all.

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

Zokari posted:

i guess if you're doing them on normal the recommended power would be a lot higher than the max allowed by legendary

nah I was doin it on legendary. The power does lock so it probably doesn't matter but I did feel like I was tanking a bit more when I got my power level up

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I thought the legendary campaign was incredibly tough but doable if I played well, and adapted my loadouts to the current fight. I wanted to punch my way through things and realized I couldnt do that all the time. So I swapped tactics and beat it fair and square.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Cheese Forever posted a video about how Grand Overture is applying the blinding effect from its missiles to explosive/timed payload weapons in other slots, probably another disabling incoming.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

It was weird as hell. People noticed that the opening & closing cutscenes seem to have been one single cutscene originally, likely meant to be the 'finale' to the campaign, but at some point they cut it in half and used half as the intro, half as the epilogue.
You could literally cut from the witness reaching toward the traveller in the intro to him carving the bad trongle into it in the outro and nothing of value would be lost.

Also "the traveller is gone," Zavala what do you know that I don't, it's right loving there in orbit.

I've played through it now anyway. I agree with most of BYF's day 1 rant. Story disasterously bad, gameplay still fun, Nimbus is alright.

My alts are just going to have to do without string theory for now.

Meiteron posted:

Warlock, on the other hand, rocks lethality on par with Y5 light 3.0 classes and feels way better in most content so far.
The lethality of strand Warlocks comes mostly from their repeated deaths sailing helplessly off a ledge after getting hit by an incendior and missing their grapple.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I think Bungie shouldn’t have had such a difficult final boss if they were going to end it the way they did. Maybe have just one Tormentor and cut down like half the adds. Also Tormentors shouldn’t be able to suppress you.

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

Kith posted:

[*]strand extremely sucks. i hate being forced to use it and it's very obviously been toned down in speed to make it something that can actually be fought against in crucible. it had potential by offering a super that i cared about but it's just more roaming melee. i do not give a gently caress.

Strand is bad in the campaign. The aspects and fragments they give you do loving nothing.

Ditch the grapple, grab bola grenades. Get the aspect that gives you grenade energy for dealing damage and the one that gives you an orb of light when you precision kill someone suspended. Then, get the aspect that extends suspend duration.

Literally nothing is a problem after that point. Everything is trivialized. It's so good.

The Grapple is just for memes and doing random bullshit. It's not good in any content aside from stupid poo poo like grapple riding a rocket or a well skate or whatever. Bola Grenades are so absurdly strong they they make the class.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

RocketRaygun posted:

Strand is bad in the campaign. The aspects and fragments they give you do loving nothing.

Ditch the grapple, grab bola grenades. Get the aspect that gives you grenade energy for dealing damage and the one that gives you an orb of light when you precision kill someone suspended. Then, get the aspect that extends suspend duration.

Literally nothing is a problem after that point. Everything is trivialized. It's so good.

The Grapple is just for memes and doing random bullshit. It's not good in any content aside from stupid poo poo like grapple riding a rocket or a well skate or whatever. Bola Grenades are so absurdly strong they they make the class.

you know im allergic to precision kills you motherfucker :(

yeah i played around with it a bit more after finishing the campaign but it's still very much not my bag. plus the noises it makes turn my stomach

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Pirate Jet posted:

Legendary emperor of the Cabal and disciple of The Witness, Calus, died from being repeatedly shot in the toe

In the tradition of Achilles and the heel he died on, I guess!

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of

RocketRaygun posted:

Woah there buddy. It's a high skill ceiling movement ability. The kings will use it to style on people (they will be styling regardless but whatever) and therefore those people will insist on running it until they get good enough.

Look at any game that has a similar ability and you can see how useful it is if you know what you are doing. It's just that very few people know what they are doing.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

It’ll definitely have its place in PVP for montage quality kills, but I can’t see it having a place GMs. The speed running community will probably get some good use out of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Mill Village posted:

I think Bungie shouldn’t have had such a difficult final boss if they were going to end it the way they did. Maybe have just one Tormentor and cut down like half the adds. Also Tormentors shouldn’t be able to suppress you.

Seemed like a really bad idea to make the Tormentors suppress when the entire hunter strand kit involves melee. At least they are rendered completely inert by suspend, such interesting mob design!