Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

:vibepear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
EoInCannon is the coolest goon and deserves their own special place in this thread.

This is what they do for a living:

And one of their models being presented to David Attenborough

And, as a bonus "Progress Shark" which managed to piss of one of our shittier politicians :salute:

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Unperson_47 posted:

I hope I'm not overstepping boundaries:

64x64

50x50

Legend, thanks for saving me the trouble, I got busy today and haven't been able to get back on the computer to re-render :cheerdoge:

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

I think ekuNNN wrote the story and EoInCannon adapted it for the screen, in a sense.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

A nice little apearitif for the thread

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Megillah Gorilla posted:

And, as a bonus "Progress Shark" which managed to piss of one of our shittier politicians :salute:

Was the shark selected because it has to keep swimming or it dies?

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

:vibepear: :vibepear: :vibepear: :vibepear: :vibepear: :vibepear: :vibepear: :vibepear: :vibepear: :vibepear: :vibepear: :vibepear:

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Megillah Gorilla posted:

EoInCannon is the coolest goon and deserves their own special place in this thread.

This is what they do for a living:

And one of their models being presented to David Attenborough

This kicks so much rear end. Truly a blessed post. :unsmith:

Unperson_47 fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Mar 5, 2023

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Unperson_47 posted:

I hope I'm not overstepping boundaries:

64x64

50x50

haha so good :allears:

I think theyre too big still for the forums though. the maximum is apPEARantly 90x25 pixels, and at 25 pix i think his little face will disappear.

If we can make a version that fits the smilie requirements ( 30kB max, up to 90x25px ) and still has his happy little face visible I'll buy it as :vibepear:

ekuNNN fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Mar 5, 2023

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

That's the largest you can buy on your own but the admins can approve larger smilies.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/_likeshine_/status/1632150169826254853?s=20

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

Am I allowed to quote myself here? There's a super #blessed thread over in PYF where we share things about SA that have helped you out in life.

JacquelineDempsey posted:

I'm going through a rough patch recently... Don't want to get into the deets because it'll make me mopey and weepy. Suffice to say that waking up and going to work has been a monumental effort lately.

The #blessed pictures thread has been such a lifesaver. If, after a restless night of insomnia/nightmares, I wake up on "the wrong side of the bed", I go outside for my morning smoke and check that out before I even check the weather or email. Yes, I have a therapist, but it's amazing how some cute capybaras and cat videos can allow me to take a few deep breaths and get on with my day.

I know you can find funny/cute animal pics anywhere, but that thread just has the bestest vibes.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

I seconded your sentiment

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Megillah Gorilla posted:

fabulous :allears:

JacquelineDempsey posted:

Am I allowed to quote myself here? There's a super #blessed thread over in PYF where we share things about SA that have helped you out in life.
I agree with you about both threads :glomp:

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_rqzqs3REiM1r0uzl6.mp4

ekuNNN fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Mar 5, 2023

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Requesting namechange to Mr. Kickums

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

This feels extremely like Obvious Plant.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Hyperlynx posted:

Obvious Plant's sibling, Obvious Insect

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I rendered a new sequence with a larger face to see if it stops it getting lost at lower resolutions
With transparency built in this time

EoinCannon fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Mar 5, 2023

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

ultrafilter posted:

That's the largest you can buy on your own but the admins can approve larger smilies.

Time to get another SAD success story.

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

EoinCannon posted:

I rendered a new sequence with a larger face to see if it stops it getting lost at lower resolutions

This would be an incredible avatar.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

EoinCannon posted:

This is not a challenge, but a genuine question of whether there's such a thing as Dark mode transparency.

Switched to default and it looks amazing. Worth it.

BlancoNino
Apr 26, 2010

Beachcomber posted:

This is not a challenge, but a genuine question of whether there's such a thing as Dark mode transparency.

Switched to default and it looks amazing. Worth it.

I'm using dark mode and it looks right to me

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I had a look with dark mode and it has a pretty bad fringe around the edges, there's probably a way to fix this, I'm just exporting it from photoshop, I'll try stuff out when I have time

*edit* testing, bottom one seems to be the best compromise between light and dark mode

EoinCannon fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Mar 6, 2023

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

EoinCannon posted:

I had a look with dark mode and it has a pretty bad fringe around the edges, there's probably a way to fix this, I'm just exporting it from photoshop, I'll try stuff out when I have time

*edit* testing, bottom one seems to be the best compromise between light and dark mode

They should have sent a poet.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

It's because the gif format only has 1-bit transparency and the industry will not switch to apngs no matter how many angry emails I write

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

flavor.flv posted:

It's because the gif format only has 1-bit transparency and the industry will not switch to apngs no matter how many angry emails I write

Yeah, I don't think I've ever output something as an animated gif so I was looking for my premultiply alpha settings.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

This keeps reminding me of the game my team made for Global Game Jam three years ago, that had a pear with arms and legs and a straw hat as the player character.

The theme of that GGJ was "repair". One of our early ideas that didn't go anywhere was something something "RePear", so the artist threw that in to the final game as an in-joke.

Also, by day two or three of little sleep, an ambulatory pear was very funny.

Hyperlynx fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Mar 6, 2023

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

oh no his hat :ohdear:

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

ekuNNN posted:

oh no his hat :ohdear:

Yeah, poor little guy!

This was after stepping on the spike trap, though. I didn't want it to be too dark, though, so the artist came up with that instead

E: I don't know why I didn't just link the game, too... https://globalgamejam.org/2020/games/tims-dungeon-repair-3

Hyperlynx fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Mar 6, 2023

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Hyperlynx posted:

LegBoot makes a lot of Obvious-Planty stuff https://www.instagram.com/legbootlegit/?hl=en

She wore them Snapple possum beans and the Groots with the Ferb

Costco Meatballs
Oct 21, 2022

by Pragmatica

Captain Hygiene posted:

A nice little apearitif for the thread

i think it's apeargif checking the file info

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_r6hkw1ipOy1vmobp0_720.mp4

ekuNNN fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Mar 6, 2023

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bxr_XU7u4U0

Gotta pay the troll toll.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIMTl4M9eXE

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009
https://i.imgur.com/Gj18lYZ.mp4

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen
^^^^ mouse-deer! :3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTkHmzY0POU

ynohtna fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Mar 6, 2023

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Mouse-deer! AKA a chevrotain. There's 10 extant species although some are getting a bit scarce, a Vietnam mouse-deer was spotted for the first time in nearly 30 years just recently

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
thought it was a dik dik

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

LifeSunDeath posted:

thought it was a dik dik

Dik diks have weird tube noses like a saiga lite

A saiga for comparison:

Adbot