Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

When the Forza Horizon festival comes to your town...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_rqy9cy9CDO1qigfjt.mp4

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_rqy9g1iahJ1qigfjt.mp4

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_rr0phyCR951s1ddrj.mp4

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

This just reminds me of the joke from Deadpool 2 where everyone but DP knew there was a high wind warning in the area for the day.

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

We watch Fails for fun, usually nothing too terrible happens and we have a good laugh

The first clip in this one made me yell "oh gently caress" at the tv

https://youtu.be/0abQ3YcNRso

Lady Jaybird
Jan 23, 2014

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Beer_Suitcase posted:

We watch Fails for fun, usually nothing too terrible happens and we have a good laugh

The first clip in this one made me yell "oh gently caress" at the tv

https://youtu.be/0abQ3YcNRso

My first thought when I saw the first second of video, "Am I going to watch a man die?"

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
https://v.redd.it/41yfjj8obyla1/DASH_720.mp4

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

https://i.imgur.com/MikQEC3.mp4

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Eyes wide open while screaming no in my head

Eyes wide open while screaming no in my head but trying not to laugh

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

This is why we need science education

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

i wonder how much of a x-ray dose she got

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

1 xray worth, duh.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1GlFlMfszc

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

probably not much.

https://hps.org/publicinformation/ate/q12361.html

quote:

Data from dosimeter badges passed through a traditional carry-on baggage machine showed from none to very small amounts of measurable radiation. On page 24, the study notes that the highest dose measured on a dosimeter that was passed 36 times through the machine was 4 mrem or 0.04 millisievert (mSv).

Flight attendants get 1.5 - 1.7 mSv/year

looking this up, i did find this though.

quote:

160 mSv: Chronic dose to lungs over one year smoking 1.5 packs of cigarettes per day, mostly due to inhalation of Polonium-210 and Lead-210[49][50]
250 mSv: 6-month trip to Mars—radiation due to cosmic rays, which are very difficult to shield against
400 mSv: Average accumulated exposure of residents over a period of 9–20 years, who suffered no ill effects, in apartments in Taiwan constructed with rebar containing Cobalt-60[51]
500 mSv: The U.S. 10 C.F.R. § 20.1201(a)(2)(ii) occupational dose limit, shallow-dose equivalent to skin, per annum[47]
670 mSv: Highest dose received by a worker responding to the Fukushima emergency[52][a]

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2477708/ :stare:

quote:

An extraordinary incident occurred 22 years ago in Taiwan. Recycled steel, accidentally contaminated with discarded cobalt-60 sources (T1/2 = 5.3 y), was formed into construction steel for more than 180 buildings containing about 1700 apartments, and also public and private schools and small businesses, in Taipei City and nearby counties. About ten thousand people occupied these buildings for 9 to 22 years. While this construction occurred during 1982–84, most of the buildings were completed in 1983.[1, 2] In this preliminary assessment, we consider 1983 to be the first year of the incident. The radioactive state of the buildings was gradually discovered, beginning on July 31, 1992.[2] Less than 100 contaminated apartments were identified in 1992. The number increased to more than 200 in 1993; then to a total of 896 in 1995, 1206 in 1996, and 1277 in 1997. An intensive research program was conducted in 1998, and more than 1600 apartments were finally documented by the Atomic Energy Council (AEC) of Taiwan. After approximately four cobalt-60 half-lives, most of the apartments now have relatively low levels of radiation, less than 5 mSv (500 mrem) per year, and are still in use today. Half of the residents in apartments with high radiation levels have been evacuated, starting in 1996. They all lived in these buildings for at least nine years, with some staying as long as 22 years.

Powershift fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Mar 6, 2023

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Iirc the Taiwan apartment people seemed healthier than baseline but the study couldn't conclude whether it could have been some other socioeconomic reason

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Why are there radioisotopes in cigarette tobacco, anyway? Is it inherent to the plant because of where it's grown, or is it an additive, and if so, why the gently caress?

I know about all the other carcinogens like benzene and whatever, I figure those are ostensibly in there as preservatives, but why polonium?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Mister Speaker posted:

Why are there radioisotopes in cigarette tobacco, anyway? Is it inherent to the plant because of where it's grown, or is it an additive, and if so, why the gently caress?

I know about all the other carcinogens like benzene and whatever, I figure those are ostensibly in there as preservatives, but why polonium?

makes them taste better

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Mister Speaker posted:

They're just naturally in the soil and end up in the plant. Nobody puts them there deliberately. Radioisotopes are all over the place in nature.

HolHorsejob
Mar 14, 2020

Portrait of Cheems II of Spain by Jabona Neftman, olo pint on fird

Mister Speaker posted:

The phosphate fertilizers they use for tobacco contain significant amounts of uranium and its decay products (every element between uranium and lead)

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

I'm trying to figure out what exactly is happening here.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
There's a fragment of metal stuck to their screwdriver bit, and they're trying to use the drill to spin it off with apparently no regard for where it's going to go and how fast it'll be moving when it does.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Shooting Blanks posted:

I'm trying to figure out what exactly is happening here.

It's a bug clinging to a a screwdriver bit.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Jabor posted:

There's a fragment of metal stuck to their screwdriver bit, and they're trying to use the drill to spin it off with apparently no regard for where it's going to go and how fast it'll be moving when it does.

Goon bug blindness strikes again.

Foxfire_
Nov 8, 2010

I think it's an empty shell where the bug glued it to the bit while it chrysalis-ed

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Foxfire_ posted:

I think it's an empty shell where the bug glued it to the bit while it chrysalis-ed

That's what I was thinking but I didn't get a good still frame to look at, I wouldn't think a live bug could or would hang on while being accelerated to infinity rpm, unless they're attached differently than I thought.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

The empties have a noticeable split on them. Bug is just a drill seeker.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

That's a live adult brown marmorated stink bug. They don't molt after reaching adulthood.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

Anyone know where that is? In Europe I think that would get the everliving poo poo sued out of them for failing to secure a nuclear source / unlicensed medical x-ray.

I asked my vet if he could CT scan my skull or something so I could show him how to import, prep and 3D print it on his new printer (which he uses to practice fit adorable little bone braces and implants). He said it would finish him and his career. He can put as many cats, tortoises and hamsters, inanimate objects, literally anything other than a human or any part of a human through that machine.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002

by VideoGames
Hell Gem

Jabor posted:

it's a small pastry

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

ReelBigLizard posted:

Anyone know where that is? In Europe I think that would get the everliving poo poo sued out of them for failing to secure a nuclear source / unlicensed medical x-ray.

I asked my vet if he could CT scan my skull or something so I could show him how to import, prep and 3D print it on his new printer (which he uses to practice fit adorable little bone braces and implants). He said it would finish him and his career. He can put as many cats, tortoises and hamsters, inanimate objects, literally anything other than a human or any part of a human through that machine.

The 76ers sign implies it's Philadelphia.

Salami Surgeon
Jan 21, 2001

Don't close. Don't close.

Nap Ghost
Forgot to grease the xray machines

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

https://twitter.com/ScottNover/status/1632440679312896005

So many of these videos, can't stop watching

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal

ReelBigLizard posted:

Anyone know where that is?

Probably security screening at the Wells Fargo Center based on the logos on the walls

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

Are they just straight up stealing all post10’s content or what?

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

I still chuckle every time I think "his hobby is Culverts."

Just gonna steal a quote about him from discord:
"I love post 10 so much. He’s just a super nice dude who loves culverts and films himself walking around, exploring places, unclogging storm drains, and being a harmless, lovable weirdo."

https://www.youtube.com/@post.10/channels

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

THis is what I was going to post. What the gently caress? How could they do this to my boy posty.

I love watching his long videos where he camps out and tests camping stoves and tents. Dude is just doing his thing and loving every minute of it.

Unperson_47 fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Mar 6, 2023

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

A neat demonstration of machine powered judo.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Even more proof, if you needed it, that wearing tearaway clothing on site does not "make you look like a stripper" but is in fact incredibly safety conscious workwear.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

he did say tiktok you know, that's all the answer you need

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Drone_Fragger posted:

Even more proof, if you needed it, that wearing tearaway clothing on site does not "make you look like a stripper" but is in fact incredibly safety conscious workwear.

But is this something strippers can incorporate?