Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Strand has easy reload skipping capabilities so it'll be used in raids alot too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
lol at making the exotic sidearm the Titanfall 2 Smart Pistol :allears:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
It's dreg's promise

Now bring back pocket infinity

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

RocketRaygun posted:

Strand is bad in the campaign. The aspects and fragments they give you do loving nothing.

Ditch the grapple, grab bola grenades. Get the aspect that gives you grenade energy for dealing damage and the one that gives you an orb of light when you precision kill someone suspended. Then, get the aspect that extends suspend duration.

Literally nothing is a problem after that point. Everything is trivialized. It's so good.

The Grapple is just for memes and doing random bullshit. It's not good in any content aside from stupid poo poo like grapple riding a rocket or a well skate or whatever. Bola Grenades are so absurdly strong they they make the class.

Max threadling warlock also very funny, but yeah Suspend makes Strand right now, Titans get the most of it but Warlocks aren't far behind with eating their bola grenade (when there's not enough of a power delta that you can actually get a decent murder on afterwards at least, otherwise just throw it)

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

RBX posted:

Strand has easy reload skipping capabilities so it'll be used in raids alot too.

yeah hunter dodge -> grapple -> grapple -> probably another hunter dodge by that point means you can poop out a lot of rockets really fast

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Quest terminal has an arbalest exotic quest in it for some reason.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Logged into my Titan for the first time since the first day of Destiny 2.

Almost tempted to go to a random zone and see how instantly I die/how many shots it takes to kill anything.

e: lol

Ibram Gaunt fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Mar 6, 2023

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Mazerunner posted:

yeah hunter dodge -> grapple -> grapple -> probably another hunter dodge by that point means you can poop out a lot of rockets really fast

There seems to be some hidden cooldown, at least on Two-Tailed Fox, that limits how fast it can be fired again when you're skipping reloads, at least that's what it looked like in an Aztecross damage test video I saw today.

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Logged into my Titan for the first time since the first day of Destiny 2.

Almost tempted to go to a random zone and see how instantly I die/how many shots it takes to kill anything.

e: lol

Looking good.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I went to the Throne World and random hive grunt shots killed me in one hit and everything is Immune to all my damage.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I went to the Throne World and random hive grunt shots killed me in one hit and everything is Immune to all my damage.

Sounds like someone needs to level up.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
I like fighting Tormentors generally, it’s just there’s a time and place for them like all good encounter design and maybe “two Tormentors in an arena made of suspended platforms over death pits” was not it.

I like the two-tormentor fight in that enclosed room at the end of mission… 4?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
There's a tormentor fight at the end of one of the exotic quests but it's in a big open flat area and by the end it was just me taking a sliver of his health off with an SMG, easily dodging his leap attack, and then repeat for what felt like ten minutes

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

haveblue posted:

There's a tormentor fight at the end of one of the exotic quests but it's in a big open flat area and by the end it was just me taking a sliver of his health off with an SMG, easily dodging his leap attack, and then repeat for what felt like ten minutes

I just did this five minutes ago, poo poo sucks and I have no idea why people love these. They’re just a fourth flavor of champion.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Tormentors kinda suck unless you're using specials or heavy weapons that excel at precision damage. Spamming wendigo grenades at them felt pretty useless but an LMG made them mincemeat during the legendary campaign

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Quest terminal has an arbalest exotic quest in it for some reason.
Its also at Shaw Han, another gun got the same treatment back when WQ dropped.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Spanish Manlove posted:

Tormentors kinda suck unless you're using specials or heavy weapons that excel at precision damage. Spamming wendigo grenades at them felt pretty useless but an LMG made them mincemeat during the legendary campaign

suspend + any high damage precision weapon clowns them, but I don't think you have the full suspend kit during the campaign so that only sorta works (unless you're in a group anyway)

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I saw my first not guardian rank 6 today. Duder was in a strike with me, at level 3, and kept getting annihilated. Didn't give up though so I hope the dumbass commendation card I gave em means something.

Lol bungie

Power level delta continues to be poo poo on hairy nutsack.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

PathAsc posted:

I saw my first not guardian rank 6 today. Duder was in a strike with me, at level 3, and kept getting annihilated. Didn't give up though so I hope the dumbass commendation card I gave em means something.

Lol bungie

Power level delta continues to be poo poo on hairy nutsack.

I was in some matchmade content with a 3 (I think?) as well. Needed some babying but they did okay, knew how to move and shoot in a gun game.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

victrix posted:

suspend + any high damage precision weapon clowns them, but I don't think you have the full suspend kit during the campaign so that only sorta works (unless you're in a group anyway)

"we heard you were sick of champions, so we created a new miniboss type! they require specific abilities and weapons to be meaningfully damaged, and effectively put any fight on pause until they're dealt with lest they OHK you"

(also the one haveblue and I were talking about, at the end of the exotic sidearm quest, is a Boss-boss and thus can't be suspended, I know because I tried)

elpaganoescapa
Aug 13, 2014
I really love pyramid ship aesthetics, even the new jolly rancher bits. I hope we get proper pyramid tech armor for the final shape because the raid armor wasn't it. Also I really like the color and effects of the orange darkness energy and it would be cool to use it as the last dark power

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

This campaign has SO many more cheap deaths. This is what they think "hard" is? poo poo just spawning all around you or on top of you isn't "hard" or "fun". Have they not looked at the past 10 years of FPSs? Witch Queen was way better and more balanced. Why is this such a regression.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Mr Hootington posted:

Should I do anything with my yellow weapons and armor? Is there a way to upgrade them or see if they are worth using still?
Yellow background (exotic) guns and armor are still fine. If you mean yellow border (masterworked) it depends on if they're sunset or not.

Any weapon with a grey corner such as the one on the left here can be safely discarded, those guns have been sunset and can't be raised above the power floor.

As for armor, I didn't play during the pre-Armor 2.0 days, but was armor ever sunset or was it just converted to Armor 2.0? Nowadays armor has 6 different stats like your typical MMO. Max total stats is 68, with a max of 30 in any one stat. Until you've found your footing again, just wear whatever you have that has the highest Resilience.

Collateral Damage fucked around with this message at 10:16 on Mar 6, 2023

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

On that same topic, it looks like I have some green-bordered armour from way back in the day. Is that worth holding on to or should I just throw it in the bammer?

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Item quality goes on a scale of worst to best based on color:

White
Green
Blue
Purple

You will very quickly be drowning in purple quality gear as you progress, so you definitely don't need to hold on to green gear.

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

:33< i KNOW, i was speaking metafurrikitty :33

also late but I feel like people aren't giving grapple enough credit. It's not going to be a GM thing but any endgame activities where you can play aggressively it shreds, I love running it in raids cause it can nuke single targets or clear out groups of ads with the same ease, or just let me move quickly at weird angles

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

you can grapple while holding poo poo so that has some value

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Kith posted:

Item quality goes on a scale of worst to best based on color:

White
Green
Blue
Purple

You will very quickly be drowning in purple quality gear as you progress, so you definitely don't need to hold on to green gear.

I mean I already have a full set of purps with some exotics, but when I go to disassemble the gear it takes a very long time, leading me to suspect they're some unique old stuff I can't get anymore and could level up or restore or something.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

throw tangle

grapple to tangle

grapple melee explode next group

repeat, because grappling tangles refreshes your grapple

it absolutely owns

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse
What's the breakdown on the new exotics- which one should I be choosing at the end of the legendary for each class?

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Listerine posted:

What's the breakdown on the new exotics- which one should I be choosing at the end of the legendary for each class?

probably the strand ones, unless you really like stasis for warlock and titan?

the hunter reload boots seem... interesting, but unless the numbers are broken I'd go with the other one

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Collateral Damage posted:

Yellow background (exotic) guns and armor are still fine. If you mean yellow border (masterworked) it depends on if they're sunset or not.

Any weapon with a grey corner such as the one on the left here can be safely discarded, those guns have been sunset and can't be raised above the power floor.

As for armor, I didn't play during the pre-Armor 2.0 days, but was armor ever sunset or was it just converted to Armor 2.0? Nowadays armor has 6 different stats like your typical MMO. Max total stats is 68, with a max of 30 in any one stat. Until you've found your footing again, just wear whatever you have that has the highest Resilience.

Yeah I was talking about exotics. I guess I just smash higher leveled same items into it and that raises the stats.

I would like to use my lion rampant. I remember being able to zoom around with those.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

DancingShade posted:

I was in some matchmade content with a 3 (I think?) as well. Needed some babying but they did okay, knew how to move and shoot in a gun game.

Nice! Tbf to mine, we were in the corrupted lol so lol gently caress that strike

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Mr Hootington posted:

Yeah I was talking about exotics. I guess I just smash higher leveled same items into it and that raises the stats.

I would like to use my lion rampant. I remember being able to zoom around with those.
Yeah exotics were never sunset (though some of them have been somewhat left behind by power creep) so you can still use your favorite year 1 exotics and just need to infuse them to bring the power level up.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

victrix posted:

throw tangle

grapple to tangle

grapple melee explode next group

repeat, because grappling tangles refreshes your grapple

it absolutely owns

Throw assassin’s cowl and stack up on orb of power mods. Bing bong melee hunter is back so simple. Save your suspend dive for a big hitter. Only thing I gotta get better at is placing that first tangle in a good spot I can keep chaining grapple melees from.

Also this is a pain in the rear end to do in controller.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

For all its many flaws, I like the music for Lightfall.

Pinely
Jul 23, 2013
College Slice
They really ought to undo the red bar crit changes from Shadowkeep now. Between power differential being more common, enemies getting health and stagger boosts, and the 40% exotic primary boost most legendary primaries feel awful to use. And given how good legendary specials and power weapons are, I'm really not seeing a reason to run a legendary primary over double special or exotic primary.

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005

Collateral Damage posted:

Yeah exotics were never sunset (though some of them have been somewhat left behind by power creep) so you can still use your favorite year 1 exotics and just need to infuse them to bring the power level up.

I have some year 1 armor in my vault and while it can be infused up, it doesn't have any energy level or mod slots so it's pretty useless for anything beyond casual strikes or bounties etc. Guns are fine though.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

I gotta tell you - maybe they should have just learned to love the power creep instead of trying to ramp up the “challenge” as they have.

A lot of the stuff in the patrol space is just kind of obnoxious to play now (lost sectors) and having the legendary versions of stuff being 70 LL above the soft cap fuckin sucks.

It feels mean to the player in a way Destiny hasn’t in a while, and I’m not sure how making the treadmill feel quite this steep actually helps the game.

edit: like, is there a reason to make the Strand grind character-based, rather than account? Other than just nakedly trying to drive MAU and "engagement"? I like to play multiple characters (which actually does keep me engaged), but I have no desire to grind out all these aspects again on my warlock...so I probably just won't!

VanillaGorilla fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Mar 6, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

VanillaGorilla posted:

I gotta tell you - maybe they should have just learned to love the power creep instead of trying to ramp up the “challenge” as they have.

A lot of the stuff in the patrol space is just kind of obnoxious to play now (lost sectors) and having the legendary versions of stuff being 70 LL above the soft cap fuckin sucks.

It feels mean to the player in a way Destiny hasn’t in a while, and I’m not sure how making the treadmill feel quite this steep actually helps the game.

edit: like, is there a reason to make the Strand grind character-based, rather than account? Other than just nakedly trying to drive MAU and "engagement"? I like to play multiple characters (which actually does keep me engaged), but I have no desire to grind out all these aspects again on my warlock...so I probably just won't!

That lost sector in the arcade is just annoying. It's not fun at all.