Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
search engine in the world!"
-- The GoogleProg

Pigbuster posted:

...huh. I've always assumed there was a benefit for adjacent resonances but it would make sense that it doesn't, and I don't think the game even implies it would, so I dunno where I got that from. Pattern recognition brain strikes again.

No, the person is incorrect about Absolute: It does, in fact, actually require 3 adjacent. The reason you thought it would is because the game directly says so, tutorializes it, and has dedicated UI for it. One KNOWN difference between a Resonance and an Absolute is that normal (non-consecutive) Resonance bonuses stack up and only apply to the later coins in the combo. Absolute bonuses apply equally to every coin in the set. There are some parts of the code that aren't fully explored or understood yet: One is that it's possible that even though both kinds of Resonance use the same table for progressing at X number of resonance triggered, Absolutes likely have improved bonus behind the scenes that're obfuscated.

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

• Max sanity gives a whopping +20% chance to roll heads, for a total of 70%. Likewise min sanity brings you down to 30%.

One of which is that we don't actually know if the base success rate for coinflips (in the game) is 50%, or if it's even consistent between characters / coins. It may be higher, lower, independently determined per skill... There is currently no way of knowing other than extensive testing.

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

• Crits are a 20% damage bonus, with +5% chance per each point of poise. That means every +1 poise is only +1% to expected damage. Poise kinda sucks.

Another note: Crits are actually 30% and can also trigger significant secondary effects for some skills.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
Another interesting thing, this time about the mark on Demian's forehead - Dante has it too.

DuoRogue
Jul 19, 2022

My secret? I don't have any bones.
while I get how "lust res/2" works (number of lusts used that turn, divided by two), how does "lust abs" work? is it just the amount of lust used that turn, as long as there is an a-res? is it every lust under an a-res? is it number of a-res? probably not that last one.

basically if I do L-L-L-W-L, would "lust abs" be 3 or 4 or 1 or whatever

Shastahanshah
Sep 12, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So... What's with the mirror world part of the side stories? I went to it and it just replayed the cutscene from uptying the IDs to max. Kinda disappointing really.

Verant
Oct 20, 2012

Go on an adventure ordained by fate?
-->Okay.
-->Eh.
Far as I can tell, the Mirror World is more or less for keeping track of which factions your identities fall into. Gotta admit, I was thinking there would be worldbuilding on those what-if scenarios as well, but there's none at the moment.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
how the gently caress would Demian being Enoch even work? The PM verse has a lot of things but reincarnation doesn't seem to be one of them.

didn't Lisa-Tiph say that Angela let Enoch-Tiph rest in Ruina at some point?

Boksi
Jan 11, 2016
Personally I'm also not convinced by the Demian-Enoch theory. My guess is just that somebody in ProjMoon likes the book, so they put a reference to it in the first game, and then decided to also put it in the game where the main characters are all references to classic literature.

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

i get the ice gauntlet from the end of chapter 2 in almost all of my mirror dungeons, and never the dreaming current aberration that it sounds like kills everyone else lol

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
i'm neither complaining nor trying to jinx it but i'm basically breezing through mirror dungeons despite not having ch3 finished

team liu good?

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

if you've beaten ch2 you can basically snooze through mirrors with base identities, although max uptied 000/00s definitely help

just don't bring reindeer ish. not worth it

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
i discovered uptying immediately after people told me to hold button on sinners (lol) and yeah it makes all the difference in the City

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

i'm just running Mariachi Sinclair in my main team even though their purple best-attack is not at ALL in our colors

the Liu Buddies, Kurokomo Hong Lu, and either top left boring blade lineage or bottom left (heathcliff?) shi association depending on basically a ocin flip

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

also, very nearly poo poo-all for EGO (gregor's got one, thanks to the monthly or whatever banner)

e: lol you can pull MARIACHI BOSS in the mirror dungeon, oh no

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Mar 6, 2023

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Google Jeb Bush posted:

also, very nearly poo poo-all for EGO (gregor's got one, thanks to the monthly or whatever banner)

e: lol you can pull MARIACHI BOSS in the mirror dungeon, oh no
If you have Gregor's 000 ID, the battle pass EGO is amazing. He can power it on his own AND it's AoE, which gives him a lot of flexibility when it comes into fitting into teams since he's completely self-sufficient.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Dang, how are people already up to Gregor's EGO on the BP? Massive mirror grinding or whaling out, I guess, since I've basically done all the dailies every day since release and have even done a fair few bonus mirror dungeons and I'm still only on like level 18.

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
-- The GoogleProg

Infinity Gaia posted:

Dang, how are people already up to Gregor's EGO on the BP? Massive mirror grinding or whaling out, I guess, since I've basically done all the dailies every day since release and have even done a fair few bonus mirror dungeons and I'm still only on like level 18.

I think if people are efficient about turning their excess Enkephalin into Modules at every opportunity, and spending them all, they'd be there. Personally I have like 30-ish keys sitting around for when I want to binge some dungeons / farm Observation Levels, and I have not been super fastidious about key generation.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

Ariamaki posted:

I think if people are efficient about turning their excess Enkephalin into Modules at every opportunity, and spending them all, they'd be there. Personally I have like 30-ish keys sitting around for when I want to binge some dungeons / farm Observation Levels, and I have not been super fastidious about key generation.

I've been very efficient and have only stockpiled ~90 keys so far. At 3 per entry, that's ~30 runs, which works out to about 10 levels give or take. Should be plenty, yeah.

posadas
Jan 28, 2021
You can purchase pass levels with paid lunacy, though I doubt that makes sense for most people

Is there any abnormality compendium in the menus? I find that reading abnormality stories in the middle of battle really breaks the flow of the game, but I don't see any other way to do it

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Ariamaki posted:

There's a fella on reddit who says he ground dozens of hours of mirror dungeons to get all the way to the end of the battle pass with just 700 (free) lunacy worth of stamina refills, plus all the stamina you get from levelups and the bp itself.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Man, some people truly can't handle delaying their gratification at all.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Infinity Gaia posted:

I've basically had the game up on my second monitor at all times and done a few fights whenever I get bored. Does mean my Steam game time is hilariously inaccurate though since the game spends most of the time behind other windows.

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

im already worried about burning myself out too quickly, cant imagine rushing the bp that hard

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
https://mobile.twitter.com/nukboii/status/1632356168403234816

Shastahanshah
Sep 12, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Verant posted:

Far as I can tell, the Mirror World is more or less for keeping track of which factions your identities fall into. Gotta admit, I was thinking there would be worldbuilding on those what-if scenarios as well, but there's none at the moment.

I really hope they add something like that eventually, and it just wasn't on the roadmap yet.

That wouldn't surprise me, since it seems like Limbus Company is mostly fighting Urban Myth level people so far, in Ruina terms.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Nagel und Hammer definitely have access to N corp's singularity though, based on what we know of it from Leviathan and Kromer having used it to see an alternate world where Sinclaire joined her.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
Fighting the last boss of Dungeon 3. Now this feels like a proper Ruina fight.

Does Meursault's EGO lower the attack of all dice from a given enemy? I can more or less trigger it every turn, and -4 attack will be very helpful for the entire fight.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Fat Samurai posted:

Fighting the last boss of Dungeon 3. Now this feels like a proper Ruina fight.

Does Meursault's EGO lower the attack of all dice from a given enemy? I can more or less trigger it every turn, and -4 attack will be very helpful for the entire fight.
Yes. It's exceptionally good in boss encounters.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Is there any reason to get in fights you don't have to in a dungeon? I'm in my first one and I'm at something of a loss as to why not just take the shortest path.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Quackles posted:

Is there any reason to get in fights you don't have to in a dungeon? I'm in my first one and I'm at something of a loss as to why not just take the shortest path.
Not in the first two dungeons. In the third there's an optional objective to complete that requires some exploration - hopefully future dungeons also include things like that.

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
-- The GoogleProg

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

There's a fella on reddit who says he ground dozens of hours of mirror dungeons to get all the way to the end of the battle pass with just 700 (free) lunacy worth of stamina refills, plus all the stamina you get from levelups and the bp itself.

Say what you will about impending burnout, it's really kind of impressive that the pacing works out for that to be feasible at all. Barely half of a deca-extraction's worth of Lunacy and a major time investment, and boom there's your Bus Pass.

Quackles posted:

It can be worth doubling back to them for refilling SP after it gets tanked back to 0 at a mid-floor Checkpoint, you can get various Events and other bonuses, it helps fill out your Abnormality / Encounter logs for routing future runs, etc. Also the shortest route sometimes has the nastiest skill checks or the worst fights on it, whereas a more lengthy path can save you having to hit a big roadblock in return.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"
I've noticed sometimes when you use an EGO on a Sinner getting targeted by multiple attacks, that it will use that exact same EGO on every single thing attacking them.

Is that how it's meant to work because when it's used with an AoE EGO that does a a hell of a lot of damage very quickly.

SITB
Nov 3, 2012

TheNabster posted:

I've noticed sometimes when you use an EGO on a Sinner getting targeted by multiple attacks, that it will use that exact same EGO on every single thing attacking them.

Is that how it's meant to work because when it's used with an AoE EGO that does a a hell of a lot of damage very quickly.

I'm pretty sure that's not how it's meant to work...

Did it happen in the mirror dungeon with you having the coin EGO gift?

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Well, I would like to thank the kind souls who friended me for helping ne cross Chapter 2... except I hosed up by bringing a support LobCorp Faust to the dungeon, whose skills do not help fuel her EGO well and I need to fuel it for the final boss where otherwise between that and being almost unable to deal with the 11 on tails attacks I can't clear on time. So now I'm either stuck retrying until I clear or quit and comeback with a different support.

Game really should have had the exp daily from the start because Offense is really important earlygame to make basic skills not suck and I'm the idiot who used gacha identities instead of levelling the base ones.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Well, I would like to thank the kind souls who friended me for helping ne cross Chapter 2... except I hosed up by bringing a support LobCorp Faust to the dungeon, whose skills do not help fuel her EGO well and I need to fuel it for the final boss where otherwise between that and being almost unable to deal with the 11 on tails attacks I can't clear on time. So now I'm either stuck retrying until I clear or quit and comeback with a different support.

Game really should have had the exp daily from the start because Offense is really important earlygame to make basic skills not suck and I'm the idiot who used gacha identities instead of levelling the base ones.
You don't really need EGO on L Corp Faust when you have her skill 3.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

GilliamYaeger posted:

You don't really need EGO on L Corp Faust when you have her skill 3.

Her skill has the issue of only working on one enemy die at the time when the rest of my party can barely deal with easy 11s and I need to kill enemies ASAP, which her EGO helps with due to AOE.

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
-- The GoogleProg

I tested this the other day! You can still do normal mission nodes without losing your saved dungeon progress. So while it's less explosively effective than doing Mirror Dungeons you *can* actually grind for levels outside of the Dungeon.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Ariamaki posted:

I tested this the other day! You can still do normal mission nodes without losing your saved dungeon progress. So while it's less explosively effective than doing Mirror Dungeons you *can* actually grind for levels outside of the Dungeon.

That's actually a good tip, thanks. I'd have to check what's the easiest level I can do with no supports (since the penalty for using a support is that character will not level).

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
While W Corp Don can be a little inconsistent, especially in shorter battles, god drat but Rip Space hits like a fleet of trucks when you get it off. It’s wholesale deleted enemies without even reaching the last coin, and it swings at like 31 power (which the predictor doesn’t calculate correctly). Even against enemies that resist slashing, it’s so many high damage coins that it still rips massive chunks out of them.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Well, I did it! Turns out replacing Don with Hong Lu for more Gloom was the key (because Faust EGO would just murder 2 mobs each wave which was massive to control the enemy dice).

Now I can finally start with Mirror Dungeon and start levelling identities with the tickets. And I really should decide who to uptie for an easier time...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
-- The GoogleProg

The Lord of Hats posted:

While W Corp Don can be a little inconsistent, especially in shorter battles, god drat but Rip Space hits like a fleet of trucks when you get it off. It’s wholesale deleted enemies without even reaching the last coin, and it swings at like 31 power (which the predictor doesn’t calculate correctly). Even against enemies that resist slashing, it’s so many high damage coins that it still rips massive chunks out of them.

Yeah, this is a broad rule for the game as a whole: Because the predictor only checks your odds of winning the very first coin-clash in the entire process of clashing, it often misinterprets the potential of a LOT of attacks as much lower than they are player-side, while more rarely overestimating your success.

Just as an example, if your 4-coin attack only has to get two heads (oo**) to beat their single-coin attack on its tails flip (o) (and just for pessimism let's say you cannot beat the heads flip at all), the predictor will probably call that Struggling or Hopeless since you can't ever beat the topend... even though you actually have 3 chances to get the situation to align (either oo**, o**, or ** on the first three clashes), and they have to beat all of those running odds while you only need to win one time to break their singular coin.

Well, I did it! Turns out replacing Don with Hong Lu for more Gloom was the key (because Faust EGO would just murder 2 mobs each wave which was massive to control the enemy dice).

Now I can finally start with Mirror Dungeon and start levelling identities with the tickets. And I really should decide who to uptie for an easier time...

Huzzah! I am glad that you got through it without too much trouble: As for Upties, let me know what 00 Identities you have and I can offer my advice there: I think especially when you're getting started, the uptie cost on 000s can be prohibitive when you could get two different 00s maxed for the same Threadcount.