Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Mulva posted:

And that's sad, and infuriating.....but also, there's only so much you can beat the poo poo out of yourself over required actions in bad situations. "I LUST FOR ORK DEATH RAR RAR RAR!" is obviously hosed up, sure, but so is constantly whipping oneself for perceived sins in every action. There is nothing wrong with being happy when Russia suffers setbacks, even if the reality of "Setback" is actually "A lot of Russian soldiers died brutally". One doesn't have to do pelvic thrusts and let off an air horn every time a tank gets lit the gently caress up, but it's perfectly fine to acknowledge that it's always good when Russia is being hurt over this.
i wasn't saying to self-flagellate over it or to not celebrate successes in the war at all, i recognize it's a war, and a very violent one at that, and that people are going to continue to be killed for a while. It sucks but war sucks. It's just that of all the things to celebrate, mobiks getting massacred isn't one of them. I'm not talking about it from a military perspective just a human one.

From a military perspective, the objective and not being a war criminal is all that really matters, and I get that.

I just think it's really important to separate those things, I guess, and not let that militaristic logic leak out into other stuff.

it's dangerously simple and makes people miss important details, and stop being able to look at things from other's perspectives, or empathize, that mix of reductive thinking, target fixation and tribalism
good for being actually in a war, not so good for anything else,
but I'll drop it anyways because it's pretty off-topic at this point

vvvv
:cheers:

FirstnameLastname fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Mar 6, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

FirstnameLastname posted:

i wasn't saying to self-flagellate over it or to not celebrate successes in the war at all, i recognize it's a war, and a very violent one at that, and that people are going to continue to be killed for a while. It sucks but war sucks. It's just that of all the things to celebrate, mobiks getting massacred isn't one of them. I'm not talking about it from a military perspective just a human one.

From a military perspective, the objective and not being a war criminal is all that really matters, and I get that.

I just think it's really important to separate those things, I guess, and not let that militaristic logic leak out into other stuff.

it's dangerously simple and makes people miss important details, and stop being able to look at things from other's perspectives, or empathize, that mix of reductive thinking, target fixation and tribalism
but I'll drop it anyways because it's pretty off-topic at this point

For what it's worth I find your position understandable and sympathize with it.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Karma Comedian posted:

Let's not talk about k/D's and 360noscopes and whatever else when talking about an actual conflict, there are much more interesting things to talk about tia

https://twitter.com/ZOV_TV/status/1632565396229292033?t=vo11r119cXDRH-Ql54OA8w&s=19

Makes sense to me. All they need is a little scaffolding or a bucket to place that seat on and they could have a real prime mobile shitter.

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Isw blurb re bakhmut:

https://twitter.com/TheStudyofWar/status/1632580394833924096?t=q1pYZf6Y6YFguoII0rRmhA&s=19
https://twitter.com/TheStudyofWar/status/1632580397816061952?t=dxzITfVbdjQtig08K29e9g&s=19https://twitter.com/TheStudyofWar/status/1632580401653772291?t=uJmuBKYaV1r3NG0YTx7Aiw&s=19

ISW conclusion: The Ukrainians are probably conducting a fighting withdrawal from Bakhmut.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
It feels like every day on the news that they're declaring that Bakhmut has fallen only for an update each night that the fighting is continuing.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

And why wouldn't they? Right? I mean bakhmut is a crater. They've killed an insane amount of people and Russia has lost a huge amount of their spearhead. As these offensives go while mobiks die, regular troops are getting destroyed aswell. Prigohzin sn't going to get his Nazi doom fortress.

Bakhmut may be cool and all but the rest of the front is being drained to keep this offensive going. And Russia will feel the affect of that.

Remember every group that they get is less moralized than the group before. And what this really means is that they are completely and utterly bottom the barrel for what's defending the rest of the front lines that are unexpected to be counter-attacked.

I think it would be interesting if they replicated what they did in lysychansk as in zeroed artillery shattering units that enter the city proper and then swerve in with more counter assaults.

That could potentially trap a huge sum of people in a very bad situation. Creeping barrages behind you and ukrainians Infront of you shooting. It's a meat grinder in the making.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Mar 6, 2023

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Arc Hammer posted:

It feels like every day on the news that they're declaring that Bakhmut has fallen only for an update each night that the fighting is continuing.

That's because Bakhmut's purpose has changed several times over the course of the war. It has been a prepared defensive position even before the 2022 invasion, and when Ukraine retreated from Severodonetsk, Bakhmut was the planned fallback position. It's first purpose was to attrit Russian forces, which was much less strategically important compared to the Kherson and Kharkiv counteroffensives (and indeed was crucial to the Kharkiv counteroffensive because the Bakhmut actions during the summer of 2022 drastically depleted the Russian forces in Bakhmut oblast to compensate, opening the door for Ukrainian advancement).

Bakhmut's purpose transformed most recently about a month or two ago, or when you (in general) noticed the shift in the coverage on Bakhmut and how it is now being portrayed as a very strategically important place, contrary to the last year of the war. It switched from an attrition generator to a force-pinner. The Russians engaged at Bakhmut can't be sent or used elsewhere, and they're being mulched on the daily. Bakhmut is now strategically important because once again it is the fulcrum on which Ukrainian counter-offensives operate on, and this time it's going to be towards the Sea of Azov. The more Russians are at Bakhmut, the fewer there are elsewhere.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Karma Comedian posted:

Let's not talk about k/D's and 360noscopes and whatever else when talking about an actual conflict, there are much more interesting things to talk about tia

https://twitter.com/ZOV_TV/status/1632565396229292033?t=vo11r119cXDRH-Ql54OA8w&s=19

Everyone wants to talk about the toilet seat, but no one wants to mention the well-maintained bucket.

That's the bucket of a man who, at the end of the day, mutters "This is my bucket. There are many like it but this one is mine" as he cleans it.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

HonorableTB posted:

That's because Bakhmut's purpose has changed several times over the course of the war. It has been a prepared defensive position even before the 2022 invasion, and when Ukraine retreated from Severodonetsk, Bakhmut was the planned fallback position. It's first purpose was to attrit Russian forces, which was much less strategically important compared to the Kherson and Kharkiv counteroffensives (and indeed was crucial to the Kharkiv counteroffensive because the Bakhmut actions during the summer of 2022 drastically depleted the Russian forces in Bakhmut oblast to compensate, opening the door for Ukrainian advancement).

Bakhmut's purpose transformed most recently about a month or two ago, or when you (in general) noticed the shift in the coverage on Bakhmut and how it is now being portrayed as a very strategically important place, contrary to the last year of the war. It switched from an attrition generator to a force-pinner. The Russians engaged at Bakhmut can't be sent or used elsewhere, and they're being mulched on the daily. Bakhmut is now strategically important because once again it is the fulcrum on which Ukrainian counter-offensives operate on, and this time it's going to be towards the Sea of Azov. The more Russians are at Bakhmut, the fewer there are elsewhere.

At this point, Russia's sunk cost in terms of lives fed into the grinder and machines turned to scrap while trying to take Bakhmut is enormous. Putin is likely just desperate for something he can sell to the Russian people as progress, even if any victory in Bakhmut is entirely pyrrhic.

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Cthulu Carl posted:

Everyone wants to talk about the toilet seat, but no one wants to mention the well-maintained bucket.

That's the bucket of a man who, at the end of the day, mutters "This is my bucket. There are many like it but this one is mine" as he cleans it.

You take care of your bucket, your bucket takes care of you.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

de_dust posted:

This is pretty much a modern “Not all Wehrmacht soldiers…” kind of post. Outstanding.

If we're to be successful with this, one thing that has to stop is the false equivalencies. They're a huge red flag for a number of reasons.

We are to infer from this statement that because the Russian army = Wehrmacht, that Putin = Hitler, Russia = Nazi Germany, and so forth ad nauseum. The purpose of using such equivalency is to get other people frothing at the mouth, because everyone correctly agrees that Nazis = poo poo. But all it does is trivialize the horrors of the Second World War. We've heard it every time America has an enemy- Saddam is worse than Hitler, Gaddafi is worse than Hitler, Maduro (lol) is worse than Hitler, and on and on and on. To those of us whom that war actually has meaning beyond video games, they are not the meaningful comparisons that the people blithely making them think they are.

If you want to know who the Nazis are, they will gladly tell you. Heck, they have a whole pantheon of symbols that they've stolen from various non-poo poo belief systems and permanently corrupted the meaning of. For those wanting to get a better sense of how to identify a real neo-Nazi, here's a good resource to get started: https://www.adl.org/resources/hate-symbols/search?f%5B0%5D=topic%3A1705

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

ArfJason posted:

So did the uyghur genocide happen or...?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

This thread has been open for 6 hours and already trying to poo poo things up, huh?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Futanari Damacy posted:

If we're to be successful with this, one thing that has to stop is the false equivalencies. They're a huge red flag for a number of reasons.

We are to infer from this statement that because the Russian army = Wehrmacht, that Putin = Hitler, Russia = Nazi Germany, and so forth ad nauseum. The purpose of using such equivalency is to get other people frothing at the mouth, because everyone correctly agrees that Nazis = poo poo. But all it does is trivialize the horrors of the Second World War. We've heard it every time America has an enemy- Saddam is worse than Hitler, Gaddafi is worse than Hitler, Maduro (lol) is worse than Hitler, and on and on and on. To those of us whom that war actually has meaning beyond video games, they are not the meaningful comparisons that the people blithely making them think they are.

If you want to know who the Nazis are, they will gladly tell you. Heck, they have a whole pantheon of symbols that they've stolen from various non-poo poo belief systems and permanently corrupted the meaning of. For those wanting to get a better sense of how to identify a real neo-Nazi, here's a good resource to get started: https://www.adl.org/resources/hate-symbols/search?f%5B0%5D=topic%3A1705

Makes u think

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots

I get it and agree with you, it's just I think this thread is already aware of that stuff. It is probably true that most people are unaware that that "hidden" genocide of ethnic minorities in Russia is happening, but I think posters in this thread broadly are.

I think another reason you get pushback is because you reach pretty far in your analogies sometimes. Like in a previous post you said that ridiculing mobiks was targeting the people who deserved it the least and while your heart's in the right place I'm pretty sure that joining a military prosecuting an unprovoked land-grab invasion with the stated intent of genocide is morally different from living peacefully minding your own business in Vasylivka #18, that it is in fact the civilian who deserved it less, even if the mobik was pushed to do it by a bad economic situation. Not to say that the mobik really deserves it, but you're the one who ranked deserving to begin with.
I know that's not a hardline position for you and I'm not trying to browbeat you about it, but I think that is some of what motivates people to respond to and contradict you rather than agreeing with your real position which is that mobiks are also human beings and that shouldn't be lost sight of. Which I think we're all on board with.

Not to reopen the derail. It was worth mentioning and I'm not trying to silence you. :cheers:

Futanari Damacy posted:

I take your point and don't mean to draw the broad equivalency, but there's plenty of Russians rolling around with some of those same stolen symbols in a direct reference to actual OG Nazis they idolize. (Some Ukrainians too, but my understanding is not as many.) Some of them really are ideologically on the same page and it's a fair comparison. It's not all of them though, and I agree with you and the esteemed Mr Godwin that it's overused.
That said I vividly remember the moment of realization when the US was in high gear trying to normalize "Enhanced Interrogation" and the dusty vaults of my memory creaked open to reveal "Verschärfte Vernehmung" to my abject horror. I mean, it's a direct translation, 1:1. Not to say that the US was deliberately copying the Nazi playbook or itself a Nazi organization, but at that point I do have a strong inclination to point to the Nazis and say "you're being like them" as a way of shocking people out of their justifications.

Super Foul Egg
Oct 5, 2005
Don't take me for an ordinary man

Unfortunately, by making this such a drawn-out debacle there are now more disingenuous tourism posts than genuine ones, and little motivation to tackle them when everyone knows how much time and energy those involved have for whipping up a giant melodramatic shitfit on challenge.

For what it's worth the VFW thread seems to be immune to this kind of bait, and is not currently the bête noire of tedious goblins who are only here to generate Premium Content for the boys back at Goblin HQ, so good luck... but no thank you.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Super Foul Egg posted:

Unfortunately, by making this such a drawn-out debacle there are now more disingenuous tourism posts than genuine ones, and little motivation to tackle them when everyone knows how much time and energy those involved have for whipping up a giant melodramatic shitfit on challenge.

For what it's worth the VFW thread seems to be immune to this kind of bait, and is not currently the bête noire of tedious goblins who are only here to generate Premium Content for the boys back at Goblin HQ, so good luck... but no thank you.

Stop contributing to the bullshit and post content then

MAPS:

https://twitter.com/War_Mapper/status/1632531935808421890?s=20

Interactive time-lapse of the war by the ISW:
https://storymaps.arcgis.com/stories/733fe90805894bfc8562d90b106aa895

Soundtrack for reading:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmqLVrUXsTQ

HonorableTB fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Mar 6, 2023

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Futanari Damacy posted:

:rolleyes:

russia shouldn't publicly, openly frame their war as a genocidal war of conquest aimed at the specific destruction of Ukrainian identity and Ukrainian state if they don't want to be compared to other countries famous for genocide and wars of conquest

DeadlyMuffin
Jul 3, 2007

Futanari Damacy posted:

It's an an analogy, not a direct equivalence. And while it's an often overused analogy, it's a reasonable one in this case. In both cases you had a side that was clearly in the wrong, and soldiers fighting for that side that didn't have much choice in the matter. Putin doesn't have to be as bad as Hitler, or worse than Hitler for the analogy to be valid.

Where I bristle, and I think others do too, is when attempts to acknowledge the tragedy of those soldiers dying appear to leak over into supporting the cause they're fighting for.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
Reminder that Russian state media accidentally released their Ukrainian Solution manifesto and quickly deleted it once it was clear the 3 day special military operation was utterly hosed

https://web.archive.org/web/20220226051154/https://ria.ru/20220226/rossiya-1775162336.html

The offensive of Russia and the new world posted:

A new world is being born before our eyes. Russia's military operation in Ukraine has ushered in a new era - and in three dimensions at once. And of course, in the fourth, internal Russian. Here begins a new period both in ideology and in the very model of our socio-economic system - but this is worth talking about separately a little later.

Russia is restoring its unity - the tragedy of 1991, this terrible catastrophe in our history, its unnatural dislocation, has been overcome. Yes, at a great cost, yes, through the tragic events of an actual civil war, because now brothers, divided by belonging to the Russian and Ukrainian armies, are still shooting at each other, but there will be no more Ukraine as anti-Russia. Russia is restoring its historical fullness, gathering the Russian world, the Russian people together - in all its totality of Great Russians, Belarusians and Little Russians. If we had abandoned this, if we had allowed the temporary division to take hold for centuries, then we would not only betray the memory of our ancestors, but would also be cursed by our descendants for allowing the disintegration of the Russian land.

Vladimir Putin has assumed, without a drop of exaggeration, a historic responsibility by deciding not to leave the solution of the Ukrainian question to future generations. After all, the need to solve it would always remain the main problem for Russia - for two key reasons. And the issue of national security, that is, the creation of anti-Russia from Ukraine and an outpost for the West to put pressure on us, is only the second most important among them.

The first would always be the complex of a divided people, the complex of national humiliation - when the Russian house first lost part of its foundation (Kiev), and then was forced to come to terms with the existence of two states, not one, but two peoples. That is, either to abandon their history, agreeing with the insane versions that "only Ukraine is the real Rus'," or to gnash one's teeth helplessly, remembering the times when "we lost Ukraine." Returning Ukraine, that is, turning it back to Russia, would be more and more difficult with every decade - recoding, de-Russification of Russians and inciting Ukrainian Little Russians against Russians would gain momentum.

Now this problem is gone - Ukraine has returned to Russia. This does not mean that its statehood will be liquidated, but it will be reorganized, re-established and returned to its natural state of part of the Russian world. Within what borders, in what form will the alliance with Russia be fixed (through the CSTO and the Eurasian Union or the Union State of Russia and Belarus )? This will be decided after the end is put in the history of Ukraine as anti-Russia. In any case, the period of the split of the Russian people is coming to an end.

And here begins the second dimension of the coming new era - it concerns Russia's relations with the West. Not even Russia, but the Russian world, that is, three states, Russia, Belarus and Ukraine, acting in geopolitical terms as a single whole. These relations have entered a new stage - the West sees the return of Russia to its historical borders in Europe . And he is loudly indignant at this, although in the depths of his soul he must admit to himself that it could not be otherwise.

Did someone in the old European capitals, in Paris and Berlin , seriously believe that Moscow would give up Kiev ? That the Russians will forever be a divided people? And at the same time when Europe is uniting, when the German and French elites are trying to seize control of European integration from the Anglo-Saxons and assemble a united Europe? Forgetting that the unification of Europe became possible only thanks to the unification of Germany, which happened according to the good Russian (albeit not very smart) will. To swipe after that also on Russian lands is not even the height of ingratitude, but of geopolitical stupidity. The West as a whole, and even more so Europe in particular, did not have the strength to keep Ukraine in its sphere of influence, and even more so to take Ukraine for itself. In order not to understand this, one had to be just geopolitical fools.

More precisely, there was only one option: to bet on the further collapse of Russia, that is, the Russian Federation. But the fact that it did not work should have been clear twenty years ago. And already fifteen years ago, after Putin's Munich speech, even the deaf could hear - Russia is returning.

Russia brought to Ukraine an agreement to organize negotiations, said Peskov
Now the West is trying to punish Russia for the fact that it returned, for not justifying its plans to profit at its expense, for not allowing the expansion of the western space to the east. Seeking to punish us, the West thinks that relations with it are of vital importance to us. But this has not been the case for a long time - the world has changed, and this is well understood not only by Europeans, but also by the Anglo-Saxons who rule the West. No amount of Western pressure on Russia will lead to anything. Losses from the sublimation of confrontation will be on both sides, but Russia is ready for them morally and geopolitically. But for the West itself, an increase in the degree of confrontation incurs huge costs - and the main ones are not at all economic.

Europe, as part of the West, wanted autonomy - the German project of European integration does not make strategic sense while maintaining the Anglo-Saxon ideological, military and geopolitical control over the Old World. Yes, and it cannot be successful, because the Anglo-Saxons need a controlled Europe. But Europe needs autonomy for another reason as well — in case the States go into self-isolation (as a result of growing internal conflicts and contradictions) or focus on the Pacific region, where the geopolitical center of gravity is moving.

But the confrontation with Russia, into which the Anglo-Saxons are dragging Europe, deprives the Europeans of even the chance of independence - not to mention the fact that in the same way Europe is trying to impose a break with China . If now the Atlanticists are happy that the "Russian threat" will unite the Western bloc, then in Berlin and Paris they cannot but understand that, having lost hope for autonomy, the European project will simply collapse in the medium term. That is why independent-minded Europeans are now completely uninterested in building a new iron curtain on their eastern borders - realizing that it will turn into a corral for Europe. Whose century (more precisely, half a millennium) of global leadership is over in any case - but various options for its future are still possible.

Because the construction of a new world order - and this is the third dimension of current events - is accelerating, and its contours are more and more clearly visible through the spreading cover of Anglo-Saxon globalization. A multipolar world has finally become a reality - the operation in Ukraine is not capable of rallying anyone but the West against Russia. Because the rest of the world sees and understands perfectly well - this is a conflict between Russia and the West, this is a response to the geopolitical expansion of the Atlanticists, this is Russia's return of its historical space and its place in the world.

China and India , Latin America and Africa , the Islamic world and Southeast Asia - no one believes that the West leads the world order, much less sets the rules of the game. Russia has not only challenged the West, it has shown that the era of Western global domination can be considered completely and finally over. The new world will be built by all civilizations and centers of power, naturally, together with the West (united or not) - but not on its terms and not according to its rules.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Herstory Begins Now posted:

russia shouldn't publicly, openly frame their war as a genocidal war of conquest aimed at the specific destruction of Ukrainian identity and Ukrainian state if they don't want to be compared to other countries famous for genocide and wars of conquest

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWZVKU5imx0

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

HonorableTB posted:

Reminder that Russian state media accidentally released their Ukrainian Solution manifesto and quickly deleted it once it was clear the 3 day special military operation was utterly hosed

https://web.archive.org/web/20220226051154/https://ria.ru/20220226/rossiya-1775162336.html

Is this a new thing in Russia that only really started with Putin? The "everyone is trying to attack us all the time" thing? It sure seems like there's a lot more bloviating about other countries doing what they want and it being an attack on Russian ideals recently, even before 2022.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Super Foul Egg posted:

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots

yeah uh this is more the line I should have drawn, I was way too conciliatory there :sweatdrop:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Toxic Mental posted:

Is this a new thing in Russia that only really started with Putin? The "everyone is trying to attack us all the time" thing? It sure seems like there's a lot more bloviating about other countries doing what they want and it being an attack on Russian ideals recently, even before 2022.

No, the Russian state apparatus has more or less always been on the paranoid side of things (getting repeatedly invaded by external forces for several hundred years will do that), but what you're seeing there didn't really start until the post-WW2 years as the USSR recovered from the trauma of losing 25-30 million people in the war. And from there on the Russian state never really fully recovered and the paranoia has ramped up quite a lot (to the extent you see in that article) with Putin. He has been remarkably consistent about his views on Ukraine dating back to at least 2008 (the most I can find with a cursory search), he has always viewed Ukraine the way he does now. One of the main drivers for Putin's beliefs here is a man named Alexander Dugin and his philosophy, I can do an effort post about Dugin later if anyone wants

If it's helpful, keep this in your mind: modern Russian governments (1991-onward), the closer you get to Putin's current reign, "enemies out to get us" pretty much means "anyone doing anything Russia doesn't like". They define "nazis" the same way - to Putin and his kind, "nazi" is just anyone not bowing to what the Kremlin wants, and they must be denazified.

poo poo's weird

HonorableTB fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Mar 6, 2023

E. Revenant
Aug 26, 2002

If the abyss gazes long into you then stare right back;
make it blink.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

HonorableTB posted:

Vladimir Putin has assumed, without a drop of exaggeration, a historic responsibility by deciding not to leave the solution of the Ukrainian question to future generations.
And that question has now been answered with a resounding "Yes". Yes, the Ukrainian can destroy every single unit that the combined Russian army, navy and airforce can manage to schelp onto the battlefield via train load and mule team. Thanks Vladimir, we would have never known quite for sure otherwise.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
Hi thread,

I'm just posting to let you know that I'm also still here and to thank CommieGIR and Toxic Mental for being stupid insane, brave and nice enough to help this thread out. :tipshat:

Also, thanks to all the regular posters for coming back and not being too rude to the other threads during the hiatus. :hfive:

Let's do this!

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

I also wanted to say I appreciate all the new posters in the thread. They've been posting thorough earnest opinions and even if I don't 100% agree with their opinions they're at least honest and I'm glad they're here to give perspective.

People are dying and emotions are running high, it makes sense that it's contentious. I don't quite agree with the Wehrmacht apologism comparison entirely either, and this is doing a lot more good than the previous position of both sides yelling over each other.

Just wanted to give my 2 cents meta-wise while a mod was doing the same

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.
I love that this thread is back, it's blend of information and silly jokes was the only way I could keep up to date on things without rage/depression spiraling:shobon:

Do u think that putin gets scared when he hears about abrams/challengers/leopards coming to ukraine??? sorry if this ofends anyone but i thought it was a funny thing haha. and i would like to know if any of you have any pics of tanks going to ukraine while putin looks nervous or embarrassed i just want to see it for a few laughs haha. another thing i am wondering is what do you think the tanks are like to ride in haha im just curious for laughs haha i would like to ride in a tank.

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Correct

wb thread

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Nyooom

https://twitter.com/TheDeadDistrict/status/1632661053052973057?t=cxYAmi5ltVuvbPL5PFfRiQ&s=19

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

grumplestiltzkin posted:

I love that this thread is back, it's blend of information and silly jokes was the only way I could keep up to date on things without rage/depression spiraling:shobon:

Same. I also don't know that I particularly want to discuss this war with anyone in person, because this war depresses the poo poo out of me and drains me of whatever hope for humanity I had retained through the pandemic. I appreciate being able to discuss it here with some dipshit idiocy sprinkled in on the side.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

The closest example would be WWII - but did the people in Dresden and Tokyo deserve to be firebombed? Did the child soldiers drafted in the defense of Berlin 'have it coming' too?

:staredog:

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Karate Bastard posted:

Same. I also don't know that I particularly want to discuss this war with anyone in person, because this war depresses the poo poo out of me and drains me of whatever hope for humanity I had retained through the pandemic. I appreciate being able to discuss it here with some dipshit idiocy sprinkled in on the side.

Depending on where you’re at, I recommend you do give chatting about it IRL a shot, but you’d know if it’s safe for you to do so. Don’t let it eat up inside of you because that poo poo can fester, and you deserve better than that.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
https://twitter.com/vidtranslator/status/1632664590835421184

https://twitter.com/intermarium24/status/1632511739018334215

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWQUkRKqp2E

gently caress Rusky invaders, God save the unarmed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zone
Dec 6, 2016