Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

reignofevil posted:

In the dark days of Nathan's childhood there was only the modest humor of the Garfield comic strip and the dim haze of his mother's Valium to cut through his father's icy disapproval.

How soon we forgot about Sexy Oprah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.
This has been going on for 4 years, and there are many important moments on that journey that new thread comers might like to see linked...

How would people feel about a new thread with an op that documents the many important milestones with links to posts and garfield media?

I am not in any way suggesting closing the thread, rather, much like Nathen is doing about every 72 hours, it might serve to be reinvented.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
Why do we need a new thread? Can’t the OP edit in a bunch of links if someone collects them?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
OP hasn’t posted since 2022

They are no longer entergaged

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I think there's certain charm to jumping blind from page 1 ("lol, a Garfield restaurant? How wacky!") to page 300 something ("cleanse this bitch of an earth of sex havers! God's prophet Nathfield commands it!")

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

pseudanonymous posted:

This has been going on for 4 years, and there are many important moments on that journey that new thread comers might like to see linked...

How would people feel about a new thread with an op that documents the many important milestones with links to posts and garfield media?

I am not in any way suggesting closing the thread, rather, much like Nathen is doing about every 72 hours, it might serve to be reinvented.

Keep the current thread, keep the entergagement.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

pseudanonymous posted:

I think it's honestly probably time to reboot this thread, since it's been four years and the OP has abandoned it

One of the things I want to do is to figure out a strategy to reboot threads so now is as good a time as any to try something out. Let me know when you've got a new thread going and I can lock this one down

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

I am a lurker but my idea is to get Nathen on the forums and let him post his own thread.

It's gonna be great

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Seth Pecksniff posted:

I think it's honestly probably time to reboot this thread, since it's been four years and the OP has abandoned it

One of the things I want to do is to figure out a strategy to reboot threads so now is as good a time as any to try something out. Let me know when you've got a new thread going and I can lock this one down

Let's cleanse this bitch of a thread!

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

I am a lurker but my idea is to get Nathen on the forums and let him post his own thread.

It's gonna be great

Dear god do not inform nathen of this thread.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

It's gonna be great

True, that always works out. Just hide your Coke machines.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Escape From Noise posted:

"a digital twist"

Twenty-first century digital Garf.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
This thread doesn't need a reboot you dumbasses.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Yeah. The thread is fine

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

it is only right that a thread about a defunct restaurant have a defunct op

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
Does it matter if the op is around or not? Earnest question cause I don't fully understand how that would matter.

Also, I'm pretty sure this thread shows up in google searches for Nathfield. Nathen is... aware.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Plant MONSTER. posted:

Does it matter if the op is around or not? Earnest question cause I don't fully understand how that would matter.

Also, I'm pretty sure this thread shows up in google searches for Nathfield. Nathen is... aware.

The OP is dead, and Nathen killed him.

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

google search results are influenced by your search activity and the info they have about you, it might not be at the top for him so he may not be aware of it. but 🤷🏻‍♀️

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Nathan's search history is probably 99% anything related to himself. So it might be on there.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/Egeezapp/status/1631858691023548417?t=0ypNXjpCUqEIGDbv1ZoDkg&s=19

Egeez Licensing Curation Innitiative (ELCI)

Plant MONSTER. posted:

In theory, having an active OP means that the first post can be kept updated as necessary.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

That's Huey, Dewey and Louie you philistine!

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

It's gonna be great

NEVER. No one contact Nathen and get cute about getting him here. That's how threads go to poo poo. The best thing about this thread is that there's no interaction with its subject

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

This thread doesn't need a reboot you dumbasses.

:emptyquote:

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran
The thread is fine as it is, and actually benefits from its structure. New readers get to the huge thread, which stands out in a forum full of threads that struggle to break the 2-page mark, and have the same insane journey as the people who followed it in real time. The sheer size and age of the thread tells new readers that no matter how close they think the madness is to culminating, it can and will get weirder.

If we want a post that compiles the thread’s greatest hits, it’s easy enough to do that and then link it to the people who drop in.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Powerful Katrinka posted:

NEVER. No one contact Nathen and get cute about getting him here. That's how threads go to poo poo. The best thing about this thread is that there's no interaction with its subject

:emptyquote:

Agree with all of this.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
what if nathen could become something awful's youngest lljk licensee

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Plant MONSTER. posted:

Its just ten instances of the same vile personality but each one has gained control

House of Mazris

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

reignofevil posted:

That's Huey, Dewey and Louie you philistine!

That post is gibberish and like another poster said that's not even Donald duck

I hate you, Nathen

So much

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
How does he make a video of some backpacks creepy

It’s some combination of:
1) he’s trying to be as quiet as possible instead of just… not including audio
2) clearly handheld video with poo poo lighting in his kitchen or something
3) why is it even a video to begin with; just take a product photo
4) he just bought some loving backpacks and wrote a nonsensical word salad

Edit: oh I guess it’s actually one big backpack bagpack instead of three, whatever

david_a fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Mar 6, 2023

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

CodfishCartographer posted:

https://twitter.com/Egeezapp/status/1631858691023548417?t=0ypNXjpCUqEIGDbv1ZoDkg&s=19

Egeez Licensing Curation Innitiative (ELCI)

In theory, having an active OP means that the first post can be kept updated as necessary.

The cinematography on this professional advertisement isn't just hard work, it's raw talent.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
And that was the last time those three young ducks were ever seen alive. :(

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

How about this: We can relaunch the thread when Nathen relaunches Garfield EATS.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
one word: NathfieldEATS

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
get your hupu tupu y lupu bagpack today!

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

Mozi posted:

Angel Gaby will invite you to fanvest in the restaurant for maximum entergagement by helping cleanse this bitch of a bathroom

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Mozi posted:

I’m pretty sure he’s trying to do exactly this FYI. Not sure if that’s the joke but he’s trying to:
A: Establish Nathfield as a “totally unique from a copyright perspective” ersatz Garfield

B: Re-open Nathfield Eats

Neither of these things will happen because Nathen is delusional but this is what he’s trying to do. It’s even plot point in the last podcast episode.*

* I really wanted to put “plot point” and “podcast” in air quotes as well but I feel like it’s too much at this point

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
oh god i forgot to listen to the latest ep

selan dyin
Dec 27, 2007

Mozi posted:

oh god i forgot to listen to the latest ep

probably for the best

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Escape From Noise posted:

How about this: We can relaunch the thread when Nathen relaunches Garfield EATS.

Acceptable. But it has to be GarfieldEats. it can't be his own thing.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Acceptable. But it has to be GarfieldEats. it can't be his own thing.

JeffreyEATS (a probe)

:evilbuddy:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peanut Butter
Nov 7, 2011

Wee mannie

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

Twenty-first century digital Garf.

Twenty-first century schizoid Garf