Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Niavmai
Nov 27, 2011

CodfishCartographer posted:

To be fair that was pretty obviously a joke lol

obviously. it's a sheldon joke. she could have said bazinga to wrap it all up.

e: oh oh, maybe a laugh track

Niavmai fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Mar 3, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

say hello to my little friend

CodfishCartographer posted:

My problem is more with how contrived the situation is and how Annie / Paz are treating this like Kat playing a light prank on them when it should be all accounts be a crisis for them.

Yeah this is my problem. They're all looking mildly annoyed and not asking any of the hundreds of questions one would have in this conversation. They didn't even check to make sure she had a pulse and was still breathing, which would be a primo concern - is your body continuing to run its autonomic processes? Or whether or not it's literally even safe to turn a sentient being with a soul "on and off again". Will the body's processes restart? How long will it be offline?

I'm sure they're saving that question for when they're in front of the terminal, but they're otherwise just... mildly annoyed and inconvenienced.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

the juxtaposition doesnt work because they're pulling cartoon angry faces in between the depictions of actual worry. the tone is a nonsense hash

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Splicer posted:

Did they at least put her in a decent long term rest position or is she going to wake up with nerve damage.

She's got a lot of it, she'll be fine.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
I would have liked these pages a lot more if the previous pages weren't Paz silently crying and Annie looking at her as if they were gonna pull something.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Tom please remember how to keep a consistent tone in both art and writing.

catapede
Jul 1, 2018

Eatin' fish leaves
Gettin' strong

Note Block posted:

I would have liked these pages a lot more if the previous pages weren't Paz silently crying and Annie looking at her as if they were gonna pull something.

Yeah the whole leadup then "payoff" has a weird tonal shift. Like I guess Annie and Paz were just worried about the surgery going well. Apparently everything after that is cartoon faces and jokes, even though things did not go well.

I really thought there was more to Paz since she became expressionless and robotic the moment Kat asked to have the chip inserted. I guess she was taking on a professional demeanor?

Edit: I guess it might be fun to have Annie and Paz travel together while Kat opens doors for them, videogame-style.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

If we don't get a page soon of Paz telling Annie while they're alone about how unhappy she is with Kat I don't know what the hell Tom is even trying to do

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Azran posted:

Robot finds the body, makes the other robots think they killed the Angel/the Angel has finally ascended, poo poo goes south.

And a robot berates Annie.

Boxbot, what what you done?

actually they're going to put kat in a little shrine and parade her around like a grail reliquae

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Flavahbeast posted:

Boxbot, what what you done?

actually they're going to put kat in a little shrine and parade her around like a grail reliquae

The Triumph of St Katherine, but with robots?

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
The robots will think she's dead only to see her "resurrect" once Annie and Paz fix this.

isasphere
Mar 7, 2013

Brightman posted:

The robots will think she's dead only to see her "resurrect" once Annie and Paz fix this.

Oh, and that would be the catalyst for the Ether to retrofix her as a Goddess...

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

My pronouns are She/Heir.

Wait until Paz finds out she has to sacrifice a thousand robots a day to keep Kat alive on the Robot Throne.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
long Annie

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Well I didn't expect that

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
I'm just glad it didn't cut away to Loup.

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

My pronouns are She/Heir.

ALL I WANNA DO
IS SEE YOU TURN INTO
A GIANT ANNIE
(A GIANT ANNIE)

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Ah crap, you just hate to see it when the models glitch out.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

I really enjoy when Tom is doing this kind of cool stuff with his art instead of anime faces. Good job Tom!

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

YaketySass posted:

long Annie
The trick she learned could use a little work I'm sure.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular
God drat it, beat me to it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAxsdDpkFN8

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uuJULBkHG4

into the 90s blocky CGI universe!

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

is there supposed to be a laugh track or something

edit: wait

Niavmai posted:

e: oh oh, maybe a laugh track

:hfive:

Potato Salad fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Mar 7, 2023

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Youremother posted:

If we don't get a page soon of Paz telling Annie while they're alone about how unhappy she is with Kat I don't know what the hell Tom is even trying to do

It would be nice if Annie and Paz got any room for dialog or time to talk to one another about stuff. Even just to catch up on what Paz has been thinking throughout this whole "star ocean" thing. I'd like more talking with characters I like overall, and less hijinks.

Fragrag
Aug 3, 2007
The Worst Admin Ever bashes You in the head with his banhammer. It is smashed into the body, an unrecognizable mass! You have been struck down.
Kat's been binging Satisfactory it seems like

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Fragrag posted:

Kat's been binging Satisfactory it seems like

Might be Factorio, we don't know if she has to deal with creatures trying to get her to piss off and leave their dimension alone.

Does Satisfactory have base defense elements? I've never played it.

The_Final_Stand
Nov 2, 2013

So cute and cuddly
Not base defense, no. There's indigenous life forms that can hinder exploration, but they don't move from their spawn, and once you build over said spawn they don't come back.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

So this could be a Factorio situation instead depending on if the pocket dimension had other things living there first.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
So on the one hand, this is cool!

On the other, god but we should've been shown some of this before. Not necessarily this space itself, but the fact that Kat was working on something on this scale, and that she wasn't really talking to Paz and Annie about it! That's a significant change in the dynamic between our main characters! But no, we get the Jerrek Power Hour instead.

So that's not a current complaint, just... god dammit that stretch was bad.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

At least the Jerrek stuff had SOMETHING happening in them, I'm honestly getting the feeling Tom has no idea how to actually progress the story now and is stalling for time while he tries to come up with an ending for this storyline.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
Tournament arc incoming

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Randalor posted:

At least the Jerrek stuff had SOMETHING happening in them, I'm honestly getting the feeling Tom has no idea how to actually progress the story now and is stalling for time while he tries to come up with an ending for this storyline.

This chapter has been extremely eventful so far, so I'm not sure what you're complaining about here.

isasphere
Mar 7, 2013

There Bias Two posted:

This chapter has been extremely eventful so far, so I'm not sure what you're complaining about here.

We're still in that weird phase where conversations are repetitive and page-consuming, but plot events and proper character reactions are in compressed time.

Like, for example, it feels like establishing this new place should have taken more panels than what we got? One establishing shot to show the scale, a few panels with close ups to see what the machines are doing, or something?

Niavmai
Nov 27, 2011

isasphere posted:

We're still in that weird phase where conversations are repetitive and page-consuming, but plot events and proper character reactions are in compressed time.

Like, for example, it feels like establishing this new place should have taken more panels than what we got? One establishing shot to show the scale, a few panels with close ups to see what the machines are doing, or something?

but then how would he have time to include such memorable, hilarious lines as "my new cyber-senses indicate you're not impressed by that joke. bazinga!" followed by ten minutes of hysterical laughter and applause?

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

There Bias Two posted:

It's just been really oddly paced and a lot of emotional whiplash from said odd pacing (Paz is crying silently at the end of one page. Next page she's big happy smiles even when Kat can't see her.) You have several events happen in short succession, followed by several pages of Kat making jokes from beyond the grave and Annie and Paz being pissed.

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

:whattheeucharist:
Oooh! Aaahh! Ohhhhh! *Mashing down fast forward to the pages with dialogue*

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
Totally safe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7f2wg1pqQDs

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

I kind of like it.

Wait

I thought it would be more eldritch.

Annointed fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Mar 8, 2023

afatwhiteloaf
Oct 19, 2012
why was Kat intrigued by the possibility of going to space with the court to “follow any line of research you wanted […] away from regular rules and restrictions” when she can already play factorio on the heads of pins with no oversight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Idk