Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Strong Sauce posted:

From BWM thread..

quote:

If he has to have bodyguards with him inside the office, does that mean he's afraid of his own employees?

He's afraid of his own shadow. And has such a messiah complex that he thinks he needs to repopulate the world. Of course he's never far from bodyguards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

thin blue whine posted:

If Musk is just letting child exploitation go he is 100% into some pedo poo poo. There is no way you let pedos run free on your website like this unless you're one too.

He's a libertarian OP

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

thin blue whine posted:

If Musk is just letting child exploitation go he is 100% into some pedo poo poo. There is no way you let pedos run free on your website like this unless you're one too.

I wonder what Eliza Bleu has to say about this!!!*

* I don't actually

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

thin blue whine posted:

I mean yeah, he's been boosting the republican platform something fierce, this much was obvious.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Azhais posted:

He's afraid of his own shadow. And has such a messiah complex that he thinks he needs to repopulate the world. Of course he's never far from bodyguards

Maybe he's worried he's going to get a visit from the Saudis and/or others who are propping up his 44 billion loan? I certainly would.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
I mean there are two possibilities I think for what Musk means by 'meme community' and both are so stupid and pathetic that I honestly don't know which is more likely:
1. He means 4chan but still has enough social sense - like how he keeps claiming to be Centrist - to know that admitting he is a fan of and values the opinion of a white supremacist website at the fore of modern fascism is probably not something he should say in public.
2. He legit thinks there is something that could be called 'the meme community.'

Both are very dumb.

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

Quote-Unquote posted:

He's a libertarian OP

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I mean yeah, he's been boosting the republican platform something fierce, this much was obvious.

Both excellent points and I should have just assumed it sooner.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I'd like to hug a bear.

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang
imagine giving a gently caress about memes... imagine... my god... finish me...

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Deep Glove Bruno posted:

imagine giving a gently caress about memes when you are rich enough to spend the rest of your life on a super yacht snorting fat lines of coke off a supermodels tits.

busalover
Sep 12, 2020

sinky posted:

imagine giving a gently caress about memes when you are rich enough to spend the rest of your life on a super yacht snorting fat lines of coke off a supermodels tits.

he's already done that, now all that's left is Twitter likes to fill his emptiness.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

I mean there are two possibilities I think for what Musk means by 'meme community' and both are so stupid and pathetic that I honestly don't know which is more likely:
1. He means 4chan but still has enough social sense - like how he keeps claiming to be Centrist - to know that admitting he is a fan of and values the opinion of a white supremacist website at the fore of modern fascism is probably not something he should say in public.
2. He legit thinks there is something that could be called 'the meme community.'

Both are very dumb.

I mean there is in fact something that could be reasonably called the meme community, the people who do nothing but post about memes.

They're a bunch of unfunny dipshits but they do exist and are assuredly the sort of people who stole the image talking about 'the meme community' from. Certainly few people on 4chan would refer to themselves as 'the meme community'

armpit_enjoyer
Jan 25, 2023

my god. it's full of posts

Radio Paranoia posted:

Maybe he's worried he's going to get a visit from the Saudis and/or others who are propping up his 44 billion loan? I certainly would.

Remember how he showed up at the World Cup in Qatar with the saudis wearing nothing but jeans and a t-shirt? A lot of people thought that meant he got snatched and brought there.

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

reignonyourparade posted:

I mean there is in fact something that could be reasonably called the meme community, the people who do nothing but post about memes.

They're a bunch of unfunny dipshits but they do exist and are assuredly the sort of people who stole the image talking about 'the meme community' from. Certainly few people on 4chan would refer to themselves as 'the meme community'

They latch on to this dumb poo poo because they have zero actual personality and getting attention through some dumb pictures with a "funny" text gives them at least some sense of purpose in life. Plus it requires almost zero effort or talent so there's no barrier of entry. They take it so seriously because it's all they've got to define them, combined with their permanent state of being angry it creates dumb things like unironically talking about "the meme wars" and how someone has "strong meme game". It's a community in the same way that a bunch of products on a store shelf is a community

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1632681788941139972

haha gottem

except the article just has a dumb title and is pretty scathing
https://twitter.com/BBCWorld/status/1632551076229521412

quote:

Another insider, who we're calling Rory, is also very concerned about that drain of expertise - and how it appears to be undermining a Musk priority, preventing paedophiles using Twitter to groom victims and share links to abuse. Rory was employed until very recently as part of a team tackling child sexual exploitation [CSE].

His team would identify accounts sharing abusive content about children, escalating the worst to law enforcement. Before the takeover such content was a huge problem, he says - and he already feared they were understaffed.

"Every day you would be able to identify that sort of material," he says.

But his team was cut soon after the acquisition, he says, from 20 people to around six or seven. In his view that's too few to keep on top of the workload.

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

The paint job on my Model 3 suggests this has already been implemented.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Imagine being on an understaffed CSAM team, already one of the most emotionally and psychologically damaging jobs you can do, and having Elon show up in your slack one day saying I WANT SIX MONTHS OF CODE CHECKINS FOR MY REVIEW, YOU BETTER COMMIT TO BEING EXTREMELY HARDCORE OR UR OUT

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Elon will happily investigate CSAM reports, personally.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
lol, "a Musk priority." Dude doesn't give a gently caress about anything anymore other than making himself the meme king.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

davidspackage posted:

*Elon walks in*

Elon: hai guys, did Gri-

*the studio audience starts booing, Elon waits for it to subside, but it only gets louder. Jerry and George look visibly uncomfortable. Eventually, the recording has to be stopped*

Nah Musk would stack the studio audience with his sycophants, and we all know they're not difficult to find (or afford).

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

bears, like most animals, have body language tells that if you're smart enough and paying attention enough, you can avoid their wrath. there is no "slightest thing" if you can get your head out of your own rear end.

instead the "smartest man on the planet" opts for misogyny instead

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

armpit_enjoyer posted:

Remember how he showed up at the World Cup in Qatar with the saudis wearing nothing but jeans and a t-shirt? A lot of people thought that meant he got snatched and brought there.

He does tend to dress for events, and given the people he was seen talking to there, it does look an awful lot like someone (if not several) people gave him a few stern words.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

GreenBuckanneer posted:

bears, like most animals, have body language tells that if you're smart enough and paying attention enough, you can avoid their wrath. there is no "slightest thing" if you can get your head out of your own rear end.

Well there's a reason he see's the GOP as 'moderates', and the misogyny probably is one of the reasons.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

GreenBuckanneer posted:

These are the people who brag constantly about operational security and having their head on a swivel, and then say that car that sideswiped them "came from out of nowhere"

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

And another thing they LOVE shopping. You just can’t trust them with a credit card. And they keep buying fancy drinks at Starbucks, what’s wrong with just a normal coffee? And when they start talking, well, time to go to the man cave and watch some football till it’s over right fellas?

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

And another thing they LOVE shopping. You just can’t trust them with a credit card. And they keep buying fancy drinks at Starbucks, what’s wrong with just a normal coffee? And when they start talking, well, time to go to the man cave and watch some football till it’s over right fellas?

I honestly think, if they hate them so much, they should just consider being alone. What benefit is it to you, to be around someone that causes you so much grief?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Woke-virus leftist biased fake news state-controlled media with more hit pieces against Musk

https://www.cnn.com/2023/03/06/tech/elon-musk-twitter-employees-year-of-uncertainty/index.html

quote:

“I was really happy, I loved my team, I loved contributing,” Ali said. “I was also pregnant, so [leaving] didn’t even make sense on any level” because that maternity leave might not be guaranteed as a new hire at a different company, she said.

But in November, shortly after Musk completed his acquisition and weeks before she was set to start her five-month maternity leave, Ali was laid off as part of the first round of mass job cuts under the new owner.

January 4 marked Ali’s official separation date from Twitter, leaving her without health insurance, which her job had provided for her family. Her baby was born a week after. Two months later, she has yet to begin looking for a new job, as she is instead spending time with her newborn.

can't imagine why people are choosing not to have children

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

sorry I’m already the meme king this throne is spoken for and im very epic

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

I feel like getting fired while visibly pregnant and about to take a half a year maternity leave would probably be a slam dunk legal case, even considering suits for illegal termination are dicey.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

FoolyCharged posted:

I feel like getting fired while visibly pregnant and about to take a half a year maternity leave would probably be a slam dunk legal case, even considering suits for illegal termination are dicey.

Repercussions... for Elon "not part of the Elite" Musk????????????

fizzy
Dec 2, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FoolyCharged posted:

Please remember that this is America you are talking about.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
50/50 that the pregnant ex-employee gets thrown in jail by the end of that suit, for the high crime of babby having without the CEO's explicit consent

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

America, the not too distant future: the CEO gets prima nocta with all female employees

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

It's tricky because you have to show that the termination was due to the discrimination, and since Musk decided to layoff seemingly anyone with a pulse in the early rounds of firings it's gonna be hard to make that link. That's not to say she doesn't have recourse because I believe Twitter is under like a half dozen suits under Cali law because of that indiscriminant round of layoffs. Otherwise Title VII protection is actually stronger than you think.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Yeah she'd need some email or something where someone in management was complaining about her being pregnant before her getting fired to make that link

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Yeah she'd need some email or something where someone in management was complaining about her being pregnant before her getting fired to make that link

I mean I bet we could find an email from Elon saying to fire every pregnant woman that is not pregnant with one of his children or something like that.

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

Deep Glove Bruno posted:

No one who has a strong meme game would ever say this!

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Problem is that Elon isn't following through with severance pay. Article says that courts are forcing some of the employees to use arbitration, but it sounds like Twitter isn't cooperating with arbitration.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

I feel like this should be the thread title since it's one of the most pathetic things anyone has ever said, but being pro-shoving people into mines is also pretty sucky.