Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

is the season over yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

is the season over yet?

The fight for 2nd place might be worth paying attention for

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

frogboy weekend snooze special. can’t wait to tune in for saudi and fall asleep

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

LeeMajors posted:

This is so loving pathetic.

If McLaren talk about being over the minimum weight limit I am going to ask them if a Kindle and batteries weighs more than a sticker

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

If Danny Ric were still at McLaren driving this shitbox he'd still be doing laps at Bahrain

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
anybody know the address to McLaren HQ?

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTtNC4ayOa4

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

Not a fan of Stroll but he did well considering his toe stub and wrist injury.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

the milk machine posted:

do you have a cool sim pit thing or vr or what

using triple monitors at the moment and racing formula vee/f4 cars. gonna try to make my way to (virtual) f1 eventually.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

You have a more functional wheel than McLaren can build

Personal Lucubrant
Oct 18, 2016

Just thinking about what to do with all the money I don't have.

is the season over yet?

Mostly. Red Bull won, we're just waiting to see how the rest of the field shakes out.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Does Max lap the field (not including Checo) at some point this season?

Will there be a team order to Checo to let Max lap him?

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter
I am not giving up on my papaya bois, but I will laugh my rear end off that they are this poo poo. I still have the GOAT Alonso to root for.

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

Does Max lap the field (not including Checo) at some point this season?

Will there be a team order to Checo to let Max lap him?

He had 30-40s on Alonso so it seems likely that he’ll lap the entire field at one point.

Doubt RBR will order Checo to let Max lap him unless there’s a really good reason for it. They’d probably just pit him instead.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

MustardFacial posted:

I am not giving up on my papaya bois, but I will laugh my rear end off that they are this poo poo. I still have the GOAT Alonso to root for.

this is my season plan also

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

Just address it to "Losers, Woking". The Royal Mail will figure out the rest.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Arc Hammer posted:

Once they ditch that ugly rear end pink BWT livery it will look a lot nicer. Any car that wears that poo poo looks like a bottle of pepto bismol.

The Pink Racing points looked pretty sleek, the Alpine ones aren't great.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

MustardFacial posted:

just wait until the upgrades from the new wind tunnel!!!

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

just you wait until zak secures more sponsors for the car, will be unstoppable

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

right clicking is stealing

LochNessMonster posted:

Doubt RBR will order Checo to let Max lap him unless there’s a really good reason for it. They’d probably just pit him instead.

It has happened before. Once Checo gets the blue flag he doesn't have a choice, not that he would try to fight Max anyways,

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
A really good qualifying session followed by an ok race. Benz are right hosed it looks like though - but it’s a long season.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

just you wait until zak secures more sponsors for the car, will be unstoppable

McLaren are WDC's at monetizing the car.

Frond posted:

A really good qualifying session followed by an ok race. Benz are right hosed it looks like though - but it’s a long season.

I am loving the level of petulance that Toto has because he can't have races gifted to him anymore.

opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
It's hard to say that it's wrong that my life revolves around my dog when she is cuter and more interesting than me
Pillbug
It seems like they'd have Max back off before they put that much of a gap between him and the field, no point in pushing at all / risking anything past a pit stop delta when a safety car could nullify it.

I saw Sargeant let Max past with the blue flags on the last lap at the end of the last straight before the start-finish straight. It's moot because he was in 12th, but I wonder if he would have tried harder to stay ahead of being lapped if he was in 11th in the hopes that some car in the top 10 would break on the last lap

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I'm fine with Red Bull running away with the season since that means the race director will focus on cool midfield fights rather than Max driving around an empty track.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Bad race, good Alhfonso.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Zak got so good at selling adverts he forgot that you need to build a car

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

North American Turtle Boy Love Association

opposable thumbs.db posted:

It seems like they'd have Max back off before they put that much of a gap between him and the field, no point in pushing at all / risking anything past a pit stop delta when a safety car could nullify it.

They tried desperately to get Max to slow down anyway and he refused because he is a giant manbaby https://streamable.com/aed5ae

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

I hope that engine explodes

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

net work error posted:

It's very interesting and something I'll have to ponder as well.

Thank you for your diligence and attention to this matter.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
i read every post in this thread (itt) and what a great race, a ferrari 1 2 and every british person on the planet spontaneously combusted namaste

Dante
Feb 8, 2003

Looks like Mercedes is ditching their concept entirely after Bahrain: https://www.independent.co.uk/f1/f1-mercedes-toto-wolff-lewis-hamilton-b2294281.html

quote:

And 24 hours later, team principal Wolff remarkably conceded that the Silver Arrows, the constructor which once dominated the sport, will have to abandon their controversial zero-sidepod concept in order to challenge again.

“I don’t think that this package is going to be competitive eventually,” said Wolff.

“We gave it our best go over the winter and now we all just need to regroup, sit down with the engineers, be totally non-dogmatic and ask what is the development direction we want to pursue in order to be able to win races.

“We hit our targets. That’s why I say we gave it our best shot. But the moment comes when the stopwatch comes out and that showed us that we are not good enough.

“At this team we blame the problem not the person. I have responsibilities. I need to fire myself if I want to do something.

“We got it wrong last year. We thought we could fix it by sticking to the concept of car but it didn’t work out. So we just need to switch our focus on to what we believe is the right direction.”

RIP zeropods

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

harperdc posted:

Newey also has been working in racing since the mid 1980s, so he helped work on ground effects cars back then! I don’t think it’s as much his experience there as the overall “can see the air” genius for design combined with an eye for reading the rules and finding the best way to still get what they need from the framework.

Early 80s actually - IIRC he started in the last Ground Effect era.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

The best part about this book if he only mentions significant life events (marriages, divorce, kids) in passing as a means to describe what was distracting him from making a better car that year.
Truly a singular focus.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Dante posted:

Looks like Mercedes is ditching their concept entirely after Bahrain: https://www.independent.co.uk/f1/f1-mercedes-toto-wolff-lewis-hamilton-b2294281.html

RIP zeropods

The idea that they could stick it out with a concept that was both so leftfield and simultaneously demontsratively bad relative to everybody else seems insane to me, at face value at least. A bit like turning up to a Halloween party dressed as John Wayne Gacy when everybody else has kept it PG-13.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Khablam posted:

The best part about this book if he only mentions significant life events (marriages, divorce, kids) in passing as a means to describe what was distracting him from making a better car that year.
Truly a singular focus.

"an immensely likable man" unless you're his family

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Dante posted:

RIP zeropods

lol, that has to be one of the quickest gg's. giving up after one race.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
End of an era

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHxfKex0V-0

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

Dante posted:

RIP zeropods

Why can't Lewis, the long-proclaimed "Greatest of All Time" simply drive the car to victory?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Because he's a fraud and it was all the car OP
How else could noted Chud Rosberg win a championship?