Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I think what might be happening is the twitter algorithm has figured out you care about this sort of thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Leperflesh posted:

I think what might be happening is the twitter algorithm has figured out you care about this sort of thing.

Yeah, from the Aeronautical Insanity thread, it sounds like this is on par with last year, we're just hearing about it:

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

Yeah, from the Aeronautical Insanity thread, it sounds like this is on par with last year, we're just hearing about it:

Yeah I asked about that and while that is some small consolation, I would like to see pre-COVID numbers instead of just last year’s.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Freaquency posted:

Yeah I asked about that and while that is some small consolation, I would like to see pre-COVID numbers instead of just last year’s.

You can change the years in the link and see that the numbers aren’t any different. 2019 was doing in the 400s per month total.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Freaquency posted:

Definitely fair. I think a big question is based on airport. I'd assume a lot of those are smaller airports and less JFK. I'd be curious if those numbers are even.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Another Norfolk Southern train has derailed in Ohio :psyduck:

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Its Rinaldo posted:

At least they had the balls to do the funny that Evergreen didn't

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Android Apocalypse posted:

The funniest thing was we were playing Marvel Vs. Capcom on his Sega Saturn and our friend Terrance came in. Seeing that we were playing he put a quarter on the Saturn to signify he was next.

Proper arcade etiquette, love to see it

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

a sexual elk posted:

Think first attempt at making bread came out pretty good, crunchy rear end sourdough. Baking at altitude sucks haha

Looks really good. A+ Nice work, for a snowman. Find yourself some butter and sprinkle some fleur de sel on it, let us know how that goes. What recipe did you use?

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Shinji2015 posted:

Proper arcade etiquette, love to see it

Brings a tear to the eye.

Freshman year of college was Halo 2 year, there were a few others with Xboxes in our dorm hall such that playing LAN games worked out. Yelling and swearing from down the hall.

Sophomore and junior year was in the fraternity house, where we had a couple terms of 10-man NCAA 06 conference dynasties (SEC and Big Ten?) So every human player chose a different team, I think I wound up with Tennessee in the SEC draft. Conference games were goddamn knife fights. Four or five Xboxes in the house for you to find room and time, and a memory card to both save progress and make sure every system had named and updated rosters. Far too much fun.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Pain of Mind posted:

My roommate flunked out because he could not stop playing Battlefield 1942. Literally 20 hours a day. He was from Palos Verdes Estates so I guess he was not actually wasting his own money.

Same, but kingdom hearts

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

seiferguy posted:

My sophomore going into junior summer break, I finished building my first PC then decided to beat as many SNES RPGs on an emulator as possible. I remember beating all 3 Final Fantasies for it, Soul Blazer, Illusion of Gaia, Terranigma, Robotrek, Live A Live, Chrono Trigger, Tales of Phantasia, Earthbound, Secret and Trials of Mana, both Lufias, both Breath of Fires, and of course Super Mario RPG.

I probably should have hung out with people more then!

Is there some "fixed" version of the Earthbound rom or something cause it was programmed to crash near the end of the game and wipe your save if it detected it was being emulated iirc

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I did not flunk out of college from playing too many video games, but my crippling posting addiction almost certainly contributed to me dropping out my PhD program and I don't know if that's better or worse (and in hindsight I'm glad that I left when I did)

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Intruder posted:

Is there some "fixed" version of the Earthbound rom or something cause it was programmed to crash near the end of the game and wipe your save if it detected it was being emulated iirc

Emulating the game was fine, it was playing bootlegged versions of it that caused issues. Basically if the game detected that the onboard memory was higher than what it was clocked for (game was 24 megabits and it was cheaper to buy 32 megabit boards in bulk thaf bootleggers used), it would make the game extremely hard and hard crash at the end and wipe your data.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

C-Euro posted:

I did not flunk out of college from playing too many video games, but my crippling posting addiction almost certainly contributed to me dropping out my PhD program and I don't know if that's better or worse (and in hindsight I'm glad that I left when I did)

you did not seem happy in your phd program and I am happy that you seem happier now

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Ether Frenzy posted:

Looks really good. A+ Nice work, for a snowman. Find yourself some butter and sprinkle some fleur de sel on it, let us know how that goes. What recipe did you use?

Just kinda winged it from a couple no knead recipes, flour salt water sourdough/yeast pack. Wasn’t gonna go nuts on it, just goofing around cause I’ve never tried baking before

T-Square
May 14, 2009

harperdc posted:

Sophomore and junior year was in the fraternity house, where we had a couple terms of 10-man NCAA 06 conference dynasties (SEC and Big Ten?) So every human player chose a different team, I think I wound up with Tennessee in the SEC draft. Conference games were goddamn knife fights. Four or five Xboxes in the house for you to find room and time, and a memory card to both save progress and make sure every system had named and updated rosters. Far too much fun.

This is the kinda poo poo I’m jonesing for, get your poo poo together Madden or let someone else have a turn, I wanna have years long franchise dynasty runs with my pals!

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
https://twitter.com/guhlo/status/1632451237311574016?t=6yNeYqF-j66-nvgE9DwUJA&s=19

This is either a sign of a perfect society or a doomed one and I am not sure which yet (I am ignoring any and all other evidence)

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

swickles posted:

https://twitter.com/guhlo/status/1632451237311574016?t=6yNeYqF-j66-nvgE9DwUJA&s=19

This is either a sign of a perfect society or a doomed one and I am not sure which yet (I am ignoring any and all other evidence)

On one hand Sunny D and vodka would be fine, but on the other the idea of Sunny D-flavored seltzer seems vile…

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Sunny D has so much sugar that it'd probably taste fine with vodka.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Its Rinaldo posted:

I think I saw the derailed cars were carrying DEF which isn't too bad, and polyacrylamide or PAM. PAM is a water-soluble binder of sorts that used to be used in water filtration but was abandoned in the 80s because it degrades to acrylamide, which is toxic as hell. Now it's used as fracking fluid.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Trains derail all the drat time, like over 1000 a year or something like that. It just varies wildly in severity from what happened in Ohio to “some wheels jumped the track and it’ll take a couple hours to get it back on, nbd”

At my last job I remember hearing about derailments that involved my customer’s cargo at least once a week, and that was just my customers.

e: google says 1050 derailments last year

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

swickles posted:

if there's trademarked purple stuff drink, then i have to ask questions

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
finished book 1 of Gaunt's Ghosts The First and Only, now onto Ghostmaker. This is the coolest poo poo ever, I wish I had read this instead of Wheel of Time when I was a teen.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

swickles posted:

This is radical, dude.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Twitter appears to have broken embeds.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Joey Freshwater posted:

Trains derail all the drat time, like over 1000 a year or something like that. It just varies wildly in severity from what happened in Ohio to “some wheels jumped the track and it’ll take a couple hours to get it back on, nbd”

At my last job I remember hearing about derailments that involved my customer’s cargo at least once a week, and that was just my customers.

e: google says 1050 derailments last year

It's okay Mayor Pete this is a safe place.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

That tweet is now not embedding and clicking through gets this:

Things going super well at Elon Twitter!

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Kalli posted:

Twitter appears to have broken embeds.

Twitter is broken on desktop entirely right now. It gives a text message of “your API does not include access to this endpoint”

Good job on live development team.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

All those buzzfeed articles that are just “Twitter reacts to thing” lost forever

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

FizFashizzle posted:

It's okay Mayor Pete this is a safe place.

I wasn't defending anything, just pointing out that it happens a shitload.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Ahaha if you go to the developer twitter url it does the same poo poo.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I was just wondering if twitter was broken on SA or if it was just me. Turns out twitter is not run well.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

And now twitter has broken image linking on twitter.

Adam Schefter in shambles.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Its Rinaldo posted:

I was just wondering if twitter was broken on SA or if it was just me. Turns out twitter is not run well.

:elongate:

Kalli posted:

A signing without a giant “ROSTER MOVE” banner is barely news at all!

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Oh man, is Twitter actually dying? That would be great.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Kalli posted:

Please update me also on Adarn Sherfter

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Bird in a Blender posted:

Oh man, is Twitter actually dying? That would be great.

Not with free agency coming up!

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Yeah, all twitter images have stopped loading.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
TAke a look, y'all