Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

RDM
Apr 6, 2009

I LOVE FINLAND AND ESPECIALLY FINLAND'S MILITARY ALLIANCES, GOOGLE FINLAND WORLD WAR 2 FOR MORE INFORMATION SLAVA UKRANI
Sometimes a country which has been well behaved for a while gets a little ethnic cleansing of it's neighbors, as a treat.

I have an eye on erasing some of the more problematic parts of canadian culture and in the following essay I will explain why the death camps in Mississauga for Leafs fans were a sad necessity [1/87].

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Why would they only leave the Lenin paintings? Would those not also be a key part of Russian history, even if perhaps ideology is a little different now? Puzzling.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Tai posted:

Don't engage

My ignore list overfloweth and life goes on. :shrug:

Philonius
Jun 12, 2005

Nessus posted:

Why would they only leave the Lenin paintings? Would those not also be a key part of Russian history, even if perhaps ideology is a little different now? Puzzling.

That's the point. The Lenin paintings point to a time when Ukraine was still joined at the hip to Russia, so they get to keep displaying them. The Ukranian national art is removed.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
But Lenin is the madman who invented Ukraine??? Surely we wouldn't want to remind people of an anti Russian radical like that

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Nessus posted:

The point is to show the Ukrainians that Ukraine is Russia, and shouldn't have their own culture, thus the Ukrainian national art is removed.
e: f;b

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

RDM posted:

Sometimes a country which has been well behaved for a while gets a little ethnic cleansing of it's neighbors, as a treat.

I have an eye on erasing some of the more problematic parts of canadian culture and in the following essay I will explain why the death camps in Mississauga for Leafs fans were a sad necessity [1/87].

'and criticizing this system actually puts the people being cleansed in more danger. If you truly value the lives of the Leafs fans, you'll understand how this what is best for them'

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

steinrokkan posted:

But Lenin is the madman who invented Ukraine??? Surely we wouldn't want to remind people of an anti Russian radical like that
As best as I can tell, Lenin is a mighty Russian leader when it is useful that he is a mighty Russian leader, and he is an abominable un-Russian torment inflicted on the good Russian people when that one is convenient instead. Very post-modern figure, this Lenin.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Flyinglemur posted:

Guy breaks into my house and starts trashing poo poo of course I want it to stop, but I want him to leave. Giving him the bathroom and front hallway doesn't really make a lot of sense.

You’d be foolish not to take that option when the other choice presented to you is giving up the front hallway, bathroom and mud room and the snug.

Look at you war mongering away from the comfort of your lavish toileted orangerie and scullery.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
'historically Russian land' also blows my mind considering Russia is also quietly destroying the identities of it's indigenous folks and making them assimilate in order to 'unify the culture'

But no the land was always culturally Russian, forever backwards in time and forever forwards.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/Osinttechnical/status/1632627996673581058

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Welcome to the historically Canadian territory of Nunavut

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Hey where did my dog and children go?

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

Once again proof how essential these vehicles are

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Wagner fighters proudly capture a Ukrainian tank, Eastern Bakhmut:

https://twitter.com/JulianRoepcke/status/1632769826023194625

(Evidence that Ukraine has abandoned its positions east of the Bakhmutivka River)

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
When are we going to see that one in battle

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Tai posted:

Don't engage

Please do not feed the peace-troll.

Rust Martialis fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Mar 6, 2023

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

steinrokkan posted:

Welcome to the historically Canadian territory of Nunavut

An essential buffer zone against Greenland's ever expanding sphere of influence

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

karthun
Nov 16, 2006

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Rust Martialis posted:

Please do not feed the peace-troll.

I think war-trolls would be a better term.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Tai posted:

pootpoot

PLEASE do not resurrect this poo poo, it was insufferable when vampire panties did it nonstop and it's insufferable now

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

https://twitter.com/Gerashchenko_en/status/1632764321833910272?s=20

Slava Ukraini.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

HonorableTB posted:

PLEASE do not resurrect this poo poo, it was insufferable when vampire panties did it nonstop and it's insufferable now

You know this is GBS right and not GiP/DnD?

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Its still lame

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Tai posted:

Yes, it's still dumb as hell

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
General Bullshit › Ukraine War Thread: version 3.0 No Fun Allowed

FEMA summer camp
Jan 22, 2006

Tai posted:

Yeah when is baby-talk ever NOT hilarious? Lighten up, guys.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Dandywalken posted:

Its still lame

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

The post police pouring out of the paddy wagon.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
https://twitter.com/VladaKnowlton/status/1632472219606712320?s=20

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

To be fair, that sounds exactly like something Elon Musk would say

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

turns out that the inclination to want to speak on national tv also strongly correlates to brain damage

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

GolfHole posted:

turns out that the inclination to want to speak on national tv also strongly correlates to brain damage

I'm struggling to think of a country where this isn't true. Piers Morgan pretty much covers the entire UK alone.

a podcast for cats
Jun 22, 2005

Dogs reading from an artifact buried in the ruins of our civilization, "We were assholes- " and writing solemnly, "They were assholes."
Soiled Meat

karthun posted:

I think war-trolls would be a better term.

Peace dukes.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

HonorableTB posted:

Yes, it's still dumb as hell

GBS is dumb as hell. That's why we post here.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Gonna call him PoochPooch instead.

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

peaceful poots PC dooks

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Tigey posted:

To be fair, that sounds exactly like something Elon Musk would say

https://twitter.com/Prune602/status/1632517330377768960?s=20

https://twitter.com/Prune602/status/1632519221593743361?s=20

a failson is born

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

Vladimir Poochie died on the way back to his home planet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR