Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

Kind of a bummer not to get any gameplay footage or images, but glad they announced it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

https://store.steampowered.com/app/949230/Cities_Skylines_II/

quote:

Create and manage your own city without restrictions. Offering a deep simulation and a living economy, Cities: Skylines II will challenge your decision-making skills and allow you to build the cities of your dreams. Get ready for a new epic scale in the most realistic city builder - ever.

Here your city will evolve and react to your decisions. A dynamic and ever-changing world that is both challenging and rewarding. Use your creativity and strategic planning skills to grow your city into a thriving metropolis that will attract businesses, residents, and tourists alike. From residential neighborhoods to bustling downtowns, the possibilities are endless. Navigate through the complexities of running a city and keep up with the needs and demands of your citizens.

See your city grow and transform over time. With stunning graphics that are as beautiful as they are detailed, Cities: Skylines II will bring your city to life.

No screenshots or any real details.

kliras
Mar 27, 2021
pretty crazy it's a multiplatform launch

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

raindrop agents confirmed

If you don't have powerful enough CPU, part of your map will always have drought?

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Issaries posted:

If you don't have powerful enough CPU, part of your map will always have drought?

just having parts of the simulation shut down like HAL 9000 as your cpu reaches that temp

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Issaries posted:

No there will still be raindrops there just won't be any city services.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Really interested in the multiplatform launch, will it hurt/hinder optimization efforts

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.
Went to youtube, this was the literal first video on my homepage.

Lmfao.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

DoubleNegative posted:

Went to youtube, this was the literal first video on my homepage.

Lmfao.

hell yes! buildings confirmed!

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

finally

but I still don't know what CS's new logo is supposed to evoke.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

Maybe there's some roads involved as well. Cars? We can only hope.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

Issaries posted:

Maybe there's some roads involved as well. Cars? We can only hope.

As long as we have Chirper.

kliras
Mar 27, 2021
do not envy the people who dropped this announcement just as twitter shat itself

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

He built a string of assumptions based off that specific gas station being an Unreal store asset

like lol maybe they made the game in UE5 but maybe they just threw together an announcement cinematic in something easy like that, you know?

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Dwesa posted:

finally

It's a fancy S without the middle part.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Vahakyla posted:

As long as we have Chirper.

Chirper can be purchased for 44bn, but when you do it you lose a bunch of goodwill and you don't make any money on it. the chirps are mostly people making fun of you

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
The base game better have all the features of all the CS1 expansions

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Mukaikubo posted:

He built a string of assumptions based off that specific gas station being an Unreal store asset

like lol maybe they made the game in UE5 but maybe they just threw together an announcement cinematic in something easy like that, you know?

are you telling me that the not actual gameplay trailer might not be actual gameplay

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Dwesa posted:

finally

"You Make Cities" is also one of the weakest taglines I think I've ever heard in a trailer

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

The base game better have all the features of all the CS1 expansions

Eh do really want this? Often there are systems that should absolutely be cut.

Keep the good, rework the promising, cut the bad, I think.

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005
Things like the day/night cycle, disasters, and mass transit definitely should be in the base game imo. Different climates like snowfall but adding tropical or desert options would be nice to have but I also wouldn't be too mad if that was a comprehensive DLC. I'm guessing most of the flavors of "put down this base building and level it up" DLC will be included in some form or another too but if they become less comprehensive I don't think that's a big loss.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

https://www.pcgamer.com/cities-skylines-2-coming-this-year-the-most-realistic-city-simulation-ever-created/

quote:

"Cities: Skylines 2 offers the most realistic city simulation ever created, in which players can build any kind of city they can imagine and follow its growth from a humble village to a bustling metropolis," says Paradox Interactive. "From individual households to the city's economy and transportation system, Cities: Skylines 2 offers a deep and immersive simulation that welcomes both new and veteran players."

Describing its next city builder as "revolutionary" and "the most open-ended city-building sandbox on the planet," Paradox says "Cities: Skylines 2 lets players create and maintain cities that come to life like never before, complete with fully-realized transport and economy systems, a wealth of construction and customization options, and advanced modding capabilities."

im going to laugh if education, wealth and building density are still more or less combined into one metric again

Anno posted:

i will be devastated if district specializations exist and work the same way

turn off the TV fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Mar 6, 2023

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.
I do find it funny that yesterday was the 10th anniversary of SimCity 2013 and today they announce CS2.

Probably not intentional but funny all the same.

a podcast for cats
Jun 22, 2005

Dogs reading from an artifact buried in the ruins of our civilization, "We were assholes- " and writing solemnly, "They were assholes."
Soiled Meat

Gadzuko posted:

Things like the day/night cycle, disasters, and mass transit definitely should be in the base game imo. Different climates like snowfall but adding tropical or desert options would be nice to have but I also wouldn't be too mad if that was a comprehensive DLC. I'm guessing most of the flavors of "put down this base building and level it up" DLC will be included in some form or another too but if they become less comprehensive I don't think that's a big loss.

Seasons, at least, seem to be strongly hinted at in the trailer.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
A couple of the big youtubers got sent the trailer last week and have been given a few prep statements.

Some of them have been involved in the alpha testing since 2021. Seasons have been confirmed but werent in the alpha version the youtubers got.

commando in tophat
Sep 5, 2019
What's the release standards for these guys? I hope it's not kerbal 2 level shitshow of epic trailers vs. barely running early access

Ethics_Gradient
May 5, 2015

Common misconception that; that fun is relaxing. If it is, you're not doing it right.
Even like, a tiny bit of content discussion would have been nice.

I still wishlisted it, but felt dirty about it.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

a podcast for cats posted:

Seasons, at least, seem to be strongly hinted at in the trailer.

I was getting the impression that it might not just be seasons but weather, with all the effects it can have.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Apparently this is the achievement list?

https://www.trueachievements.com/n53097/cities-skylines-ii-xbox-achievements

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

The cheevo list is apparently available in (I assume?) the Xbox achievement API and has some interesting hints. Achievements include using both the editor and photo mode lol

e;fb

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

150 map tiles would track with the idea that it is supposedly a larger scale. Though that isn't a square number so presumably they're non-square maps or larger than that.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

For the love of god, please have mixed used zoning this time

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

OwlFancier posted:

150 map tiles would track with the idea that it is supposedly a larger scale.

Guessing the tiles are smaller, though.

Looks like there's four zone types? And it confirms weather, with things like hailstorms. And it confirms seasons, and if you build in a cold climate you get snow in winter.

Rat infestations!

Base game includes tourism features, looks like.

You can follow the life of individual citizens. That one's stolen from SC4.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

the achievement for setting up public transportation lines includes a taxi. i do not understand how that would work

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

turn off the TV posted:

the achievement for setting up public transportation lines includes a taxi. i do not understand how that would work

Maybe there's a park and ride component with rideshare logistics? I personally have taken an uber to a subway station before.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Anno posted:

My point is I don't want them to take away a current feature and then make you have to pay for it again in a future expansion pack

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings

MikeJF posted:

Rat infestations!

I don't remember that one from the Disaster-DLC.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

My point is I don't want them to take away a current feature and then make you have to pay for it again in a future expansion pack

Ok, but this is absolutely going to happen, heh.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Looks like citizens might be more fleshed out? Neat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GlassEye-Boy
Jul 12, 2001

Anno posted:

The cheevo list is apparently available in (I assume?) the Xbox achievement API and has some interesting hints. Achievements include using both the editor and photo mode lol

e;fb

hell yes, assigning services to specific districts. No more fire trucks coming from across the map to put out a fire.