Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Never press the "Up And Out" button.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Perestroika posted:

drat, that one lost altitude a lot quicker than I would've expected it to, even with the dive in the beginning. :stare:

it was doing loops and had no velocity

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

LifeSunDeath posted:

can't be mad at poo poo that works

thread title material imo

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/NYTransitMuseum/status/1632833844826062857?s=20

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー

PurpleXVI posted:

I wish when people climbed up tall things they would not record it, because I always get anxious watching videos like this.

Eh, he's tied in and on a super grippy surface so he gets 0 points there. Also with all these videos remember that cameras are both terrible at showing the true slope of something, and that particular one has a lot of fish-eye going on. Cool weather shot tho!

Dragging tourists across a route is a pretty chill job, the OSHA's not in any of the walking parts at all.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

CommieGIR posted:

It actually did, but the car was already losing speed from the slide, you can see the one behind the guy go under the car as it slows and then hits the window. Some bollards in the US are not solid steel either, it may be plastic.

It looks like it managed to thread the needle almost perfectly, which is probably bad design for line of bollards! The front right passenger side definitely clipped the bollard on the way in but didn't stop the car. I'm assuming it hit the bollard on the other side since that was the direction of the slide but that just served to redirect the car directly into the window.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_rr1pdl8bkm1r0uzl6.mp4

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_rr1pisJqr51r0uzl6.mp4

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Kibayasu posted:

It looks like it managed to thread the needle almost perfectly, which is probably bad design for line of bollards! The front right passenger side definitely clipped the bollard on the way in but didn't stop the car. I'm assuming it hit the bollard on the other side since that was the direction of the slide but that just served to redirect the car directly into the window.

The SUV directly hits a bollard and knocks it over. You can see it laying on the ground once the vehicle backs up.

The bollard wasn't sunk into the ground, it's one of those bolt on or otherwise superficially attached bollards.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

jetz0r posted:

The SUV directly hits a bollard and knocks it over. You can see it laying on the ground once the vehicle backs up.

The bollard wasn't sunk into the ground, it's one of those bolt on or otherwise superficially attached bollards.

Oh, yeah, didn't even see that. Just useless street decoration then.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Kibayasu posted:

There's a third bollard right in the middle it plows directly into.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Kibayasu posted:

Oh, yeah, didn't even see that. Just useless street decoration then.

No, it would stop a cyclist just fine.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

With the car that the camera is in moving, I can't tell if the truck drives over them or if they back up into the truck. It's messing with my mind.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Uthor posted:

With the car that the camera is in moving, I can't tell if the truck drives over them or if they back up into the truck. It's messing with my mind.

Watch the lane marker. Car definitely backs into the truck. (Also, you can see from the bolts on the truck's rims that its wheels aren't moving.)

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

x

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

LanceHunter posted:

Watch the lane marker. Car definitely backs into the truck. (Also, you can see from the bolts on the truck's rims that its wheels aren't moving.)

insurancefraud.mov

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

LanceHunter posted:

Yeah, makes sense. The camera car moving messes with the relative position of the car and the markers. And there seems to be dust on the windshield that look like lane markings, but don't move relative to the camera.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Me after being told I'm diabetic and can no longer eat sweets, but can still eat oranges.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

Orange you glad you stopped for petrol?

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Is that a Citruën?

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Drone_Fragger posted:

Even more proof, if you needed it, that wearing tearaway clothing on site does not "make you look like a stripper" but is in fact incredibly safety conscious workwear.

Check around for “slutty machinist costume”

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/5esLGyr.mp4

There has to be a better way.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
what is the purpose of that thing??

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
Pseudo-plunger. Yes, a plunger is like 5 bucks and lasts a lifetime, but fools can be sold plastic wraps forever more.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I've seen those things and imagined them leading to that exact outcome. Glad to see my uninformed judgment was once again completely correct :smug:

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

I guess it could be useful in the niche case where the bowl is on the verge of overflowing poo poo water all over the floor.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

I've used them before. I prefer them to regular plungers. But they don't always work. Far less likely to splash poop water on yourself as long as you're not like, full load testing them.

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

props for making a biohazard sign out of tomatoes? perfect warning for when you may be about to fist a sewerpipe

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I have yet to encounter a plunger situation that made me think "This would be better if I got my hands even closer to the toilet."

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

This is the guy those school maths questions were about

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

Is there another car with a trunk full of pears approaching from the opposite direction but at 2/3 the speed?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
oh neat, learned of a new somewhat subpar tool, though

Kibayasu posted:

I have yet to encounter a plunger situation that made me think "This would be better if I got my hands even closer to the toilet."

I thought it was a prank item and someone makes a deposit before having to stop.

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

You can use a party cup in a pinch, make sure to wash your hands after.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

https://i.imgur.com/cvPqiH1.mp4

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

https://i.imgur.com/WoYWUPU.mp4

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUkoqppoFr8&t=48s
lmao australian slang

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

I love me a good screed.

aas Bandit
Sep 28, 2001
Oompa Loompa
Nap Ghost

Holy poo poo. I was tense the whole time watching that...but that was perfect!
(Assuming the person couldn't be talked down and there was reasonable belief that they might do it or were escalating, etc.)

Dude just got as close as he could and basically just extended his legs--no Tarzan moves, no wild pendulum, no fancy bullshit.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

If this is a Scorsese movie a whole shitload of people are about to die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I don’t understand how concrete workers can work for more than a handful of years before their backs are destroyed.