Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Oh an interesting marvel movie.

Nice.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/TheRokuChannel/status/1630584985106403328?t=MtdtjTahd2PBDp0Gr6KNUQ&s=19

Wait, so Roku DID get it

But the first one is on Amazon

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I think Roku bought what was left after the first big sell-off.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
so Die Hart 2 is the edited together version of the second season of the Die Hart series from Quibi?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Yeah, which is interesting because you'll see how two different production companies edit together a movie from the same Quibi series.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Yup. The meme has proved successful.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

But why Roku do this. It was dead! Doesn't Roku know sometimes dead is better!!!

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Yeah, which is interesting because you'll see how two different production companies edit together a movie from the same Quibi series.

Assuming there was any editing to do beyond removing all but the first op and the last ed and putting the episodes into a single file

We’d really need to be able to watch the Quibi versions to compare.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Not hard to find copies on the web to compare to. Funnily enough they have Roku in the file name so must’ve been on their channel a few years ago too.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

NEW MOVIE?

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

I've only heard of die Hart 1 yesterday and now there's a sequel what is happening

Is Hart even still popular, it seems his whole comedy is stuck at being upset and screaming about how upset he is

Homeybeef
May 23, 2008
https://twitter.com/replacewythy/status/1626115322393526272?t=cPQcSPcMMm6kPKb04OPyOg&s=19

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

https://twitter.com/UMAI_ONIKU_TARO/status/1630986476946341888?t=RcqUrQVEqjBc6lIsOoYLtg&s=19

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

El Jeffe fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Mar 1, 2023

Xander B Coolridge
Sep 2, 2011

Madkal posted:

I hate the argument that "it's MODOK so of course it's supposed to look goofy". This argument is done to shut down all criticism for something looking bad.

You're definitely conflating the intentionally goofy design with the quality of effect.

All of Quantumania's cgi looked absolutely atrocious because of crunch.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

This looks fun

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It’s the cute noise a cat makes

Malum:3:

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Thought we were getting a Darth Maul movie for a second there.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Halloween Jack posted:

Thought we were getting a Darth Maul movie for a second there.

Seemed like they were actually going to do that with the ending of Solo, but that movie flopped (for a Star Wars movie), so they scrapped a planned trilogy

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Eh, at this point I wouldn't want to see Solo vs. Maul. Not because Solo was bad, but because Maul got his ending in the animated series, and cramming another Maul story between Episodes III and IV seems like it wouldn't be so great.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Halloween Jack posted:

Eh, at this point I wouldn't want to see Solo vs. Maul. Not because Solo was bad, but because Maul got his ending in the animated series, and cramming another Maul story between Episodes III and IV seems like it wouldn't be so great.

For sure. It was a fun surprise, but narratively lazy. Disney has really been hit and miss with Star Wars.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
The mix of arts styles is a bit odd, but what a great poster for giving that sense of adventure, with a hint of bleakness. So many great details on it.

Looked it up. Apparently it's a 20 minute short film from last year.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
where the gently caress is chibi gigan

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Halloween Jack posted:

where the gently caress is chibi gigan

Space until we reach the middle of the movie.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/RhodeToLove/status/1631795762530070528?s=20

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Josh Wiggins

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Two from around 1972 I just won the auctions on :toot:

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
That Ultraman one is so good.

chuckelZ
Jun 7, 2004

If your right eye causes you to sin, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into hell.

The Saddest Rhino posted:

I've only heard of die Hart 1 yesterday and now there's a sequel what is happening

Is Hart even still popular, it seems his whole comedy is stuck at being upset and screaming about how upset he is

Roku bought the quibi catalog but most quibi stuff only had a 1-2 year license agreement so the producers like Kevin hart could sell it again, I think that’s why it’s on Amazon now too.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

N.B. You have to click through the top tweet to see the whole image.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

And you're gonna love it when you do.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Gripweed posted:

That Ultraman one is so good.

Yeah I love it. This is for the 1972 Return of Ultraman movie and I got it for a goddamned steal. There was also a 1966 original Ultraman movie poster but it was $460 and as much as I would like one, I ain't gonna drop that kind of money on it. The Godzilla vs. Megalo(n) poster is one I've wanted for a long, long time because of a combo of it was the only G movie I saw as a kid in the theaters back in the 70s and also just how goddamned weird it is. After shipping I believe both of them will have set me back around $100.

FueledBySatan
Nov 26, 2006

We are but men
Dead Alive is one of my favorite movies of all time and happens to have a banging poster for US. Better than the Brain Dead posters for New Zealand. Film has a formerly great director until he stopped doing horror movies.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I was pretty horrified by the last two.

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

:dukedog:
No ring :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018