Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Grant Williams choking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

AnimeIsTrash posted:

no bitch, this thread only likes good teams like the mavericks

*whispers luka should be mvp...*

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

The scorekeeper for POR/DET took a block away from Thybulle and killed a +1000 parlay that I thought was settled an hour ago lol

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

a new study bible! posted:

The scorekeeper for POR/DET took a block away from Thybulle and killed a +1000 parlay that I thought was settled an hour ago lol

Sounds like Thybulle got his block after all

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

a new study bible! posted:

gambling is a sin

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I might stop picking teams in parleys cause the only bets I've lost is when I choose the wrong winner. all my other legs came on home. I've only been doing it for a week and change but that's still 25+ individual picks that worked out

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

loquacius posted:

Celtics have a double-digit lead at the half. Empirically this means they're gonna lose

when you’re right, you’re right. Cavs and OT is a lethal combo

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

In Training posted:

gambling is a sin
the only thing more boring that hearing about someone’s fantasy team, except in the case of a hilariously bad beat

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Davion Mitchell steps up really well whenever the Kings don't have Fox. Kings will be .5 back of Memphis if they win tonight!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

it would be hilarious if the 1-2 seeds were Denver and Sacramento

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.
I'm drunk enough early on to say that I'm still mad days later about the Warriors loss to the Lakers. I don't know what the gently caress kind of team lineups Kerr had on the floor. Yeah, sure Curry was coming back and needed to get in sync, but none of the lineups made any loving sense the entire game and I'm still mad about it.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

has KAT really missed 3 months with a strained calf

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

euphronius posted:

i think it's an anxious cow by now

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

euphronius posted:

He has a grade 3 calf strain: "A grade 3 calf strain is a severe injury involving a complete tear to half or all of the calf muscle."

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

They kinda downplayed it at the start and hoped it might be grade 2, which is what we would actually think of when we think of "strain" but this is closer to a muscle tear than the common definition of strain.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

euphronius posted:

it would be hilarious if the 1-2 seeds were Denver and Sacramento

it would be good

kingcobweb posted:

i think it's an anxious cow by now

lol

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Pohl posted:

I'm drunk enough early on to say that I'm still mad days later about the Warriors loss to the Lakers. I don't know what the gently caress kind of team lineups Kerr had on the floor. Yeah, sure Curry was coming back and needed to get in sync, but none of the lineups made any loving sense the entire game and I'm still mad about it.
yeah it's been a rough decade for fans for the Golden State Warriors

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

TenementFunster posted:

yeah it's been a rough decade for fans for the Golden State Warriors

lol

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

I feel like Kerr did that last year too; except they would barely win games instead of barley lose them.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
every single team has hardcore fans mad about their coaches ROTATIONS!!! and if you find yourself at that level of fandom, it's time to relax and watch the 1979 Jean Rollin film 'Fascination'

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

kingcobweb posted:

every single team has hardcore fans mad about their coaches ROTATIONS!!! and if you find yourself at that level of fandom, it's time to relax and watch the 1979 Jean Rollin film 'Fascination'

This movie is just ok.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Time posted:

This movie is just ok.

i thought it was good! not my favorite ever or anything but the last movie i watched

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

im going to watch the 2023 house party instead

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Azathoth posted:

He has a grade 3 calf strain: "A grade 3 calf strain is a severe injury involving a complete tear to half or all of the calf muscle."

digging into I found

There is a real concern that the injury that Karl-Anthony Towns has can be a precursor to an Achilles tear, to an ACL tear. That’s the other part that they have to figure out here and see if they’re putting him in harms way by bringing him back or not,” Krawczynski said.

huh

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I don’t know why the Duke coach is commenting on KAT tho

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

euphronius posted:

I don’t know why the Duke coach is commenting on KAT tho

That's the best Timberwolves reporter to follow, in the Twin Cities or elsewhere. If Woj or Chams aren't breaking the news, it's gonna be him if it relates to the Wolves.

The team didn't talk much about the injury at the start, and so people heard calf strain and assumed something it wasn't. The team, for whatever reason, didn't go out and immediately shut that down, so there's a big disconnect between how bad the injury was and what the perception of it is.

There's also been some light allusions that KAT himself was in denial about how bad it was and pushed to have it classified as a grade 2, though there's no indication that he's not doing what the doctors tell him.

Basically, KAT wanted to push to get back fast and the team had to hold him back, is the impression I've gotten.

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

kingcobweb posted:

well, he said he had it figured out after they won 5 straight at home and then he proceeded to play a bunch of weird rear end lineups that made no sense its lol

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Pohl posted:

They put a minutes limit on Curry for his first game back from injury. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

That said, Kuminga should be getting 25+ minutes per game with Wiggins out, anything else is totally insane. He looks better almost every game and is feeding off of those minutes.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
steph was a -12 in his 32 minutes so it's not like he was hard carrying them like he needs to for them to win. kuminga was -15 in 13 minutes and i'd imagine the "weird rotations" is the coaching staff trying to adjust away from units that were getting demolished. i don't think there's a ~rotation~ you could come up with to stop AD unless you're planning on defending him with a player riding around on someone else's shoulders like a girl at a music festival.

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

kingcobweb posted:

...to stop AD unless you're planning on defending him with a player riding around on someone else's shoulders like a girl at a music festival.

That would be Kuminga. I don't think he could stop AD but he's the one you put on him to slow him down.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

kingcobweb posted:

steph was a -12 in his 32 minutes so it's not like he was hard carrying them like he needs to for them to win. kuminga was -15 in 13 minutes and i'd imagine the "weird rotations" is the coaching staff trying to adjust away from units that were getting demolished. i don't think there's a ~rotation~ you could come up with to stop AD unless you're planning on defending him with a player riding around on someone else's shoulders like a girl at a music festival.

I know you didn't watch the game but what happened was Steph got pulled in the middle of the fourth quarter while he was on fire. He looked rusty until the fourth (again, coming back from injury) but started hitting everything. A bunch of fans were mad about that because it pretty clearly cost them the game but it's obviously related to injury management for a 35 year-old player coming off a long absence.

The game +/- also doesn't really tell an accurate story of what happened at all. The entire team sucked in the first quarter so anyone with heavy minutes there got their +/- nuked. The idea that Steph wasn't going to contribute to winning because he was at -12 is really funny.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Vox Nihili posted:

I know you didn't watch the game but what happened was Steph got pulled in the middle of the fourth quarter while he was on fire. He looked rusty until the fourth (again, coming back from injury) but started hitting everything. A bunch of fans were mad about that because it pretty clearly cost them the game but it's obviously related to injury management for a 35 year-old player coming off a long absence.

The game +/- also doesn't really tell an accurate story of what happened at all. The entire team sucked in the first quarter so anyone with heavy minutes there got their +/- nuked. The idea that Steph wasn't going to contribute to winning because he was at -12 is really funny.

i did watch the game! do i remember any of it, no i do not

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/BenGolliver/status/1633227791733870593?s=20

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
of course steph contributes to winning (in general, over a large sample), my point was that so far that game the lineups with steph in them weren't winning. could he have won the game playing 40? maybe.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

kingcobweb posted:

of course steph contributes to winning (in general, over a large sample), my point was that so far that game the lineups with steph in them weren't winning. could he have won the game playing 40? maybe.

He had scored something like 12 of their 20 points that quarter when he was pulled. Maybe it was more than that, IDK. But again it was injury management minute restriction stuff, there's no real point in complaining about that, it just sucks.

Much more annoying that Anthony Lamb (the two-way guy with a rape accusation) keeps getting tons of minutes over Kuminga. Kerr likes him because he's consistent and low-risk, but he's not the kind of guy with the athleticism necessary to even have a chance of interfering with AD's game or to create on his own. Anyway he hit his eligibility limit so Kerr will now be forced to play more Kuminga, the fun young player we actually like.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

with bad injuries the player has to consent to information being made public

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

give seattle the clippers

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

what possible obscenity is d—— -

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

euphronius posted: