Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GreenMetalSun
Oct 12, 2012

Mega Comrade posted:

Cos boys hate sharks and bugs and planets and dinosaurs. Those things have never been on boys stuff before.

If the dresses are any indication, I'm pretty sure Target just has a 'kids' section.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

GreenMetalSun posted:

If the dresses are any indication, I'm pretty sure Target just has a 'kids' section.

We in fact went to a target clothing section today

https://www.target.com/c/shop-all-categories/-/N-5xsxf

Women's, men's, young adults, kids and babies

How many hail maries if we bought blue baby things for girl babies

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
https://twitter.com/mezzozydeco/status/1632460604563767299?t=QUZ_gribU1sjT5r17BWx9Q&s=19
I've seen the top video before, and it's funny how many idiots are scrambling to find excuses on why a a woman doing the same task calmly and carefully is "not the same" as a manly man on an oil rig who looked like he climbed out of an uruk Hai birthing pool.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Work smarter not harder? Sounds like woke poo poo.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
I hope there's no drilling fluid in that mud, because those dudes already have rare and exciting cancers if so

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

I feel like in that first video it's probably not really good that he's literally slipping in the mud, but then again I don't work on an oil field so I dunno how often you're expected to be shirtless and slathered in the stuff

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Lol, I do blue collar work, albeit on airplane poo poo, but it takes a lot of physical strength. I'm 166cm/5'5'' and half my coworkers are women. Many are huge dudes too. There's no task where my manlet rear end or any woman does worse than the big guys except "reach the files at the top office shelf."

Worst employee by far is a big, fairly in shape dude. Well :smug: same shape as everyone here, pretty fit, but he biiiiiiig

Lots of buff dudes get hired and quit when a woman team leader screams at them over and over for disregarding safety tho

Edgar Allen Ho has a new favorite as of 01:20 on Mar 7, 2023

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Panfilo posted:

https://twitter.com/mezzozydeco/status/1632460604563767299?t=QUZ_gribU1sjT5r17BWx9Q&s=19
I've seen the top video before, and it's funny how many idiots are scrambling to find excuses on why a a woman doing the same task calmly and carefully is "not the same" as a manly man on an oil rig who looked like he climbed out of an uruk Hai birthing pool.
Look the extremely straight men in the comments all just happen to prefer the video of two buff shirtless guys rolling around in the mud and quite frankly it's rude of you to question their motivations.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

I used to work in construction and most of our team was small wiry dudes. We occasionally worked with this one genuine beefcake and he was a pretty nice guy but his massive strength didn’t make that much of a difference. Tools largely level the playing field and if we ever needed to carry something really heavy (like a steel beam) we’d just get more guys on the task. Not that that sort of thing happens often anyway. Generally what mattered more was stamina. We don’t need someone who can lift a really heavy rock, we need someone who can run a wheelbarrow full of debris back and forth 70 times

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I'm not really sure why "trans people can't do construction," even if it were based in any sort of reality, would be an argument against the concept of trans people. Are the wokes going to put the whole workforce on HRT?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I feel like if we suddenly had a dearth of burly men to do the burly men only job, we would find a way to mechanize it and then everyone could do something more worthwhile with their lives.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Those shirts own, and I want them in my loving size.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Even if there are hypothetical jobs that no Trans people will ever meet the physical demands for ever, well okay then they can't work that extremely specific job but doesn't make their existence in itself less valid.

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007
I don't get the reasoning, someone with cerebral palsy can't be a roughneck, so we should torment them?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Pocket Billiards posted:

I don't get the reasoning, someone with cerebral palsy can't be a roughneck, so we should torment them?

Historically people like this don't have great opinions on disabled people either!

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

If you cannot be a cog to the great machine you must be discarded

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
They try to frame being trans as some lazy privilege that burdens and obligates everyone else. "A trans man could never do this job", therfore other people have to do it for them. But if there was some Atlas Shrugged scenario they assume the problem would work itself out.

It's the same chuds that are offended that gay or trans people would exist in The Last of Us. People would be too busy surviving to be fussing about their 37 genders according to these knuckleheads. To them the Transgender Agenda sprung fully formed out of the forehead of Woke Zeus and only exists because society has gotten so decadent and lazy.

Panfilo has a new favorite as of 02:33 on Mar 7, 2023

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
https://twitter.com/notBilly/status/1632583236919660544

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.

Antigravitas posted:

Tbh., if you manage to read Mein Kampf front to the center, that's an achievement. It is incoherent drivel and the prose is garbage. It's even worse if you read it in German. It makes the fact that millions of households proudly displayed it in their bookshelf even crazier. How do you subscribe to an ideology when its influential manifesto is complete nonsense?

Controversial statement, I know, but… Mein Kampf? Bad book.

Wasn’t there a new translation recently with annotations explaining, at length, exactly what was so wrong and goddamn crazy about it? That version might be worth reading.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug
The explanation might have to be longer than the original book.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
For the longest time the English translations cut a ton of material and smoothed over the rest.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

When I was a young person, (under the age of 12), my parents bought my clothes for me. And if they didn't like the colour of it then they wouldn't buy it.

So, why doesn't this insane person thinking that pink t shirt will force their child to become gay, buy them a different coloured t shirt? It's a target, they sell multiple colours of things.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

The Saddest Rhino posted:

If you cannot be a cog to the great machine you must be discarded

so my meat getting grinded in the machine is the greatest honor?

Owling Howl
Jul 17, 2019

Kit Walker posted:

I used to work in construction and most of our team was small wiry dudes. We occasionally worked with this one genuine beefcake and he was a pretty nice guy but his massive strength didn’t make that much of a difference. Tools largely level the playing field and if we ever needed to carry something really heavy (like a steel beam) we’d just get more guys on the task. Not that that sort of thing happens often anyway. Generally what mattered more was stamina. We don’t need someone who can lift a really heavy rock, we need someone who can run a wheelbarrow full of debris back and forth 70 times

Yeah if a job requires a buff dude to regularly max out all his strength then he and everybody else doing that job will definitely get injured and develop various chronic conditions. Jobs like that shouldn't exist today and if they do you shouldn't take it even if it looks very manly on a YouTube video in the short time before you blow out your knees and back.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Platystemon posted:

For the longest time the English translations cut a ton of material and smoothed over the rest.

That seems a bit daft, if you're a neo nazi you presumably want the lovely bits, and if you're reading it to see how hosed up the nazis were, you also want the lovely bits.

Who is in the market for the abridged version of mein kampf?

BrigadierSensible posted:

When I was a young person, (under the age of 12), my parents bought my clothes for me. And if they didn't like the colour of it then they wouldn't buy it.

So, why doesn't this insane person thinking that pink t shirt will force their child to become gay, buy them a different coloured t shirt? It's a target, they sell multiple colours of things.

There are no other shirts, if you try to buy another shirt the gay agenda police will come and take it away from you and force you to buy the gay shirt, this is the real actual world I live in, where I must defend my children from the gay microchips they put in the shirts.

OwlFancier has a new favorite as of 03:19 on Mar 7, 2023

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
Questions I never expected to see: Idiots edition!

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

Panfilo posted:

It's the same chuds that are offended that gay or trans people would exist in The Last of Us. People would be too busy surviving to be fussing about their 37 genders according to these knuckleheads. To them the Transgender Agenda sprung fully formed out of the forehead of Woke Zeus and only exists because society has gotten so decadent and lazy.

That's especially hilarious because if there was an apocalyptic scenario, you'd probably have more people coming out because now that most of the dickheads are dead they feel safer to do so, also when all you have to worry about is basic survival you have WAY more time for experimentation than if you had to go work a full time job. Not as many people going to give a poo poo that you're wearing a dress because they'll be too focused on the gun you have trained on them.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Also if your only companion in the wastelands is another dude, you're probably not going to spend the entire time six feet apart.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

OwlFancier posted:

That seems a bit daft, if you're a neo nazi you presumably want the lovely bits, and if you're reading it to see how hosed up the nazis were, you also want the lovely bits.

Who is in the market for the abridged version of mein kampf?

Someone who wants the morbidly curious to read it and think "What's all the fuss? This doesn't seem so bad... and parts of it make a lot of sense."

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

have some more elon content

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Hmm... starting to think Elon Musk might be a bad person.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

BrigadierSensible posted:

i was a child in the 80s and 90s, at some point my family put me into like purple jeans/red cord pants, probably paired with a denim jacket. pretty sure i wore stuff bought with marlboro miles too. fashion was wild west back then. i don't think it mattered, at all, ever.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
it feels like he also bungled that joke. Like he saw someone else compare his mismanagment of twitter to Office Space and so he rushed to steal the joke -while only remembering the scene with the Bobs.

Meanwhile the person was probably referencing the joke about the company firing a guy and just not telling him to keep getting free work.

Bill Lumbhergh could have been named Elon, and the scene where the Bobs look directly into the camera and say Elon is a bad manager would have gone over his head.

Coolness Averted has a new favorite as of 05:51 on Mar 7, 2023

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
How do I get involved in the greased up beefcakes slapping poles career?

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012

Panfilo posted:

Would someone mind explaining what is going on in these two videos?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Nebrilos posted:

Would someone mind explaining what is going on in these two videos?

hard yakka, mate

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I would guess they're assembling/disassembling the drill rod on an oil well. Obviously you can't build them in one piece so it has to come in segments. Like if you've ever used one of them drain cleaner rods except bigger.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
https://twitter.com/SaeedDiCaprio/status/1632974074811936768
What's worse: Elon Musk continuing to be a dweeby creep or whoever photoshopped aryan AOC?

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Notice they didn't just pull the first picture of AOC they could find from Google. They used one photoshopped to make her look white.

grittyreboot has a new favorite as of 08:55 on Mar 7, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

grittyreboot posted:

Notice they didn't just pull the fitlrst picture of AOC they could find from Google. They used one photoshopped to make her look white.

Why would someone do that, were they like trying to claim she wasn't really latino or something?