Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I had a huge presentation in front of the executives that run my company today and I had to speak for no less than 40 minutes and I killed it. Cheers TFF.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

kiimo posted:

I had a huge presentation in front of the executives that run my company today and I had to speak for no less than 40 minutes and I killed it. Cheers TFF.

Always a good feeling :cheers:

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
I’m a zero man.

For all the meanings of that.

Also my truck’s radiator sprang a leak and 2 hours later my “new” truck should be here. Then I have to do my regular job of shuffling trailers and drive 2 hours back to the DC. At least it broke literally right outside the store.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

It's bullshit that that chart doesn't go up to 69.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Huh, the last surviving member of Lynyrd Skynyrd died.

Not like I'm old or southern enough to be a fan, but I do remember that band for exactly one song. Or maybe exactly 3 quarters of one song after they shut up and started playing. Literally the only thing I know about them. But I remember that part strongly.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Oh cool, Amtrak is back to doing 2 Portland-Vancouver trips a day again. If my enhanced ID is good for train crossings I might take a weekend trip up soon.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Every time I play FFX the ending gets to me.

drat it.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

a neat cape posted:

drat it.

I like how Auron is meant to be this grizzled old guy at like 35.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

bobjr posted:

I mean, in Spira....

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

bobjr posted:

I mean running around with a bunch of drat teenagers all day has me feeling the same, and I’m not fighting literal monsters with them.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Lynyrd Skynyrd rules even if you know they would be Maga as poo poo

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Grittybeard posted:

Huh, the last surviving member of Lynyrd Skynyrd died.

An old time industry friend who I worked with when I first started at my current gig (20 years ago :popeye:) avoided dying on that plane with most of the original Lynyrd Skynyrd members through some sort of complete luck when he ended up canceling flying on with them in order to promote another show. Same guy also avoided dying in the Otis Redding plane crash by another complete accident of his scheduling.

kiimo posted:

Good job. SLT-type executives have a special brain deficiency that makes even normal events like this a Massive Victory just by them not getting confused and lost in the weeds. I assume you have some "Will Smith Slap" material in your routine

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Sweet, 50 more ways I can disappoint my wife!

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

a neat cape posted:

drat it.

It’s been adapted into a live action kabuki-style play (??) that’s starting this spring in Tokyo, I have zero doubt it will sell out pretty quick.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
We're all going to hell.

https://twitter.com/alecrobbins/status/1632995485471625222?s=20

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

bobjr posted:

In that one anime wii surgery game Trauma Center the chief of surgery/father figure was like 26

Your character was chief surgery resident as like 17.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Jeebus says if you kill Kefka you're cool and I've murdered his bitch rear end 1000 times

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Ether Frenzy posted:

Elon's a hilarious bozo. Being a CEO can't be that hard if you have time to do it across 3 companies and also post terrible poo poo memes during a complete meltdown Company 3's only product.

Brilliantly executed. :golfclap:

Three companies? Tesla, SpaceX, Twitter, Boring, Neuralink.

And you’re right that CEOs aren’t special. They’re just rich and connected, generally speaking.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Does this also count for kills in Wolfenstein?

Mr. Nice! posted:

And you’re right that CEOs aren’t special. They’re just rich and connected, generally speaking.

Yep, their job is basically "meet with investors" and go to dinner, golfing, and sports events on company time.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Totally normal country....

https://twitter.com/KristinLyerly/status/1632834396846784519?t=nEjQTh7ZjQ_5L5zLCHkeeQ&s=19

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Mr. Nice! posted:

Three companies? Tesla, SpaceX, Twitter, Boring, Neuralink.

My favorite CEO story was at the med device company I was at during Covid. When they started doing vaccines and opening things up again, his recurring company-wide email was about how great it was for things to be normal again (this was still very early in opening things up), and how he couldn't believe it had been over a year since he'd been to Ireland (we had plants there). Meanwhile my wife was losing years of her life to the stress of working in the ER, and I was leaving the house about once every two weeks for groceries.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.

Blowjob Overtime posted:

My favorite CEO story was at the med device company I was at during Covid. When they started doing vaccines and opening things up again, his recurring company-wide email was about how great it was for things to be normal again (this was still very early in opening things up), and how he couldn't believe it had been over a year since he'd been to Ireland (we had plants there). Meanwhile my wife was losing years of her life to the stress of working in the ER, and I was leaving the house about once every two weeks for groceries.

The C-level above my department said in summer 2020 we'd get through this because of American exceptionalism.

He went to West Point and we work very closely with health care organizations.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Straight up banger

https://twitter.com/Noshu4me/status/1632846271374323723?t=iabHvSWF3Tjn6ekfYykJyw&s=19

Also lol at the domestic terrorism charges from Cop City protest. Hopefully the DA blanket dismisses like has happened on a few rare occasions

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

Does this also count for kills in Wolfenstein?

If killing video game Nazis is wrong, buddy, I don’t want to be right.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Totally empty threat (they’re just going to block it no matter what they say)

This also feels way closer to a 1st Amendment violation then any of the things that dipshit freeze peach assholes whine about on Twitter

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Freaquency posted:

Totally empty threat (they’re just going to block it no matter what they say)

This also feels way closer to a 1st Amendment violation then any of the things that dipshit freeze peach assholes whine about on Twitter

It is, especially because while abortion is an important thing for ACOG, they are the number one driver of women's health guidelines in the country. So unless you want to kill legislation for something like breast cancer its hard to follow through with that threat.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Neat, our water heater must have went out over the last day or two and now we just have some nice ice water coming out. Tried to relight the pilot and nothing happened, just seems dead. It is only about 7 years old.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

fartknocker posted:

If killing video game Nazis is wrong, buddy, I don’t want to be right.

I wonder if the tens (hundreds?) of thousands of nazi zombies count since they were already dead?

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Got in at about 7:58 and was told we had an 8 AM all engineering (like 10 people) meeting. Apparently the company decided we are too small and sales forecasts don't support the existence of the LEAN engineer position, which means the pretty unpleasant guy who had the job was let go this morning. On the one hand maybe not a great sign for the business, but on the other he was vocally in favor of corporal punishment instead of ADHD meds for kids, so not going to cry about not having to hear him around anymore.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Pain of Mind posted:

Neat, our water heater must have went out over the last day or two and now we just have some nice ice water coming out. Tried to relight the pilot and nothing happened, just seems dead. It is only about 7 years old.

Something similar on my end. Lowes seems to have a few on sale at least

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

swickles posted:

Straight up banger

https://twitter.com/Noshu4me/status/1632846271374323723?t=iabHvSWF3Tjn6ekfYykJyw&s=19

Also lol at the domestic terrorism charges from Cop City protest. Hopefully the DA blanket dismisses like has happened on a few rare occasions

Post tweets thread has a really good rundown on what exactly is going on here if you’re like me and only have a surface-level understanding of what’s going on in Atlanta. Click through to read the whole post because it’s long.

Mr. Fall Down Terror posted:

local organizers have spent the last couple weeks trying to set up a week of protest and solidarity after the construction site got cleared out in january. there's a bunch of different bits of land all going on in the same spot and like three different local issues converging in one spot

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Pain of Mind posted:

I believe there's a device that prevents gas from flowing if the thermocouple or thermostat isn't working. That device or the thermocouple or thermostat can break. The failsafe mode is to shut off the gas. It isn't usually necessary to outright replace an entire water heater when it won't light. You can hire a plumber or you can try troubleshooting it yourself, if you have a multimeter.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug
The Dollop 2 parter on PG&E is wild. Some impressive corruption and incompetence on display.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Speaking of incompetence Elon is stepping on rakes at an impressive rate.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Hot Diggity! posted:

Speaking of incompetence Elon is stepping on rakes at an impressive rate.

Halli seems like a really great dude and pulled one of the great Kirk Van Houten's racecar bed's on that dumb bitch.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
I'm caughing like I smoke a pack a day but it's not covid, so yay? Still feel like warmed over poo and I'm covering both courts from home so fingers crossed it stays managble.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I lost internet this morning because a snow plow wiped out an internet utility box down the road this morning. They had it back up in like an hour which was impressive.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I wonder what re-sale is on something like that:

https://twitter.com/people/status/1633171666162397186?s=20

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Douglas Adams ahead of the curve.

Tulalip Tulips posted:

Oh cool, Amtrak is back to doing 2 Portland-Vancouver trips a day again. If my enhanced ID is good for train crossings I might take a weekend trip up soon.
If you want to go on a food safari I'm making 2023 the year I reclaim my food Sherpa crown.

I swear not all places I want to go will have chicken wings.

Neil Armbong posted:

The Dollop 2 parter on PG&E is wild. Some impressive corruption and incompetence on display.

When I was in my CA trip last week & met up with my college friend Ryan I learned the law firm he works for is doing the PG&E case… for the defense. He works in their media wing so he doesn't have any say on what cases he takes tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Neil Armbong posted:

They blew up a gas station so badly initial reports thought it was a plane crash (like a cessna, not a commercial jet), and then it somehow got worse. I know that from just having lived in California, I can't imagine the horrors you find when doing actual research.