Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

curtadams
Mar 24, 2019

Hostile V posted:

Cow Ahegaos: $5 Apiece, $10 To Destroy The Source Image

A rare accuracy from K&K. My rabbit goes crazy for roses. I don't even get bouquets anymore because he they make him so eager to get onto the table or whatever I've put them on I'm afraid he'll hurt himself or knock something off. I do give him dried rose petals for treats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Man, does Luann ever not immediately give up on anything?

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Daddy Daze

Take It From the Tinkersons

Macanudo

Dark Side of the Horse

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
Heathcliff

Compu-toon

Garfield

Overboard

Monty

oh my GOD

Classic Arlo and Janis (April 03, 2001)

Rae The Doe, which you can support by pledging to the author's Patreon

On The Fastrack

Safe Havens

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

:lol:

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

haha holy poo poo

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Crabgrass

Old School Peanuts (Mar 19-20, 1954)

Calvin and Hobbes (Feb 22-25, 1993)

Big Nate

Blind Alley

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

welp spoke to soon after the last one, definitely doing it on purpose

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003
Vintage Valiant (Feb. 12, 1956)

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Fingerpori

Hope the joke plays in English. In Finnish the term "pääanalyytikko" can either refer to the head analyst, or if you take it literally, someone who analyzes heads. But of course that's not the official term for a therapist, we call them "terapeutti" (therapist) or more commonly either psykologi or psykiatri, psychologist or psychiatrist.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Some Guy TT posted:

So, I remember full well the first time these were posted about the Cold War mentality in a lot of these setups. But reading them again they feel a little more, uh, yikes than they did the first time, possibly because the political staging isn't the core appeal of Modesty Blaise so it's a lot easier to forget. All the same, I'm rather unnerved how the comic is just expecting us to take for granted that of course the chief of police who seized power is a great guy who only wants the best for his country, and that the only people who would have a problem with this are evil criminals. What takes this setup above and beyond the usual Cold War stuff into flat absurdity is that we're introduced to Machado via Modesty believing, apparently sincerely, that Machado still keeps the torture dungeons going and they all have a good laugh when it turns out that he doesn't, because he's an honest cop who got along with a clean crook like Modesty Blaise. Which is another aspect of the worldbuilding that we just have to ignore most of the time because it doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Yeah, it's notable how some things have aged well and some things haven't in these old comics.

Also, Holy cow, Foster - showing off much, are we?

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Orange

Get Fuzzy 3/6/03

Brenda Starr 7/16/50

Smokey Stover 5/3/53

Everyday Movies 3/10/36

"Mush!"

Invisible Scarlet O'Neil 1/12/41

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

riderchop posted:

Classic Arlo and Janis (April 03, 2001)

Apparently, it's St. - Tropez.

manero
Jan 30, 2006

:laffo:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Dying laughing

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Also, I once caught a mouse during a particularly brutal cold snap and felt a lot like Elizabeth here. So I set up a temporary mouse habitat in a rubbermaid bin to wait a day or so for the weather to warm up a bit. Yes, mice handle winter just fine, but they do that by making a nice warm nest somewhere, and I didn't want the poor little guy to freeze solid before he found a place to hunker down. Yes, I'm a big softie.

Bizarro

The Family Circus

Slylock Fox

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Murdstone posted:

The Phantom

davidspackage posted:

Ohh, she read about that part, huh
I'd completely forgotten about that bit. He is in so much trouble when he gets home :mmmhmm:

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

I'm with Kevin. :colbert:

quote:

Calvin and Hobbes (Feb 22-25, 1993)

Growing up with Calvin and Hobbes you don't realize sometimes how much it was written in a different time, and how things have changed since its run...

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
A+J

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

lollllllloollolololololol

Breaking Cat News

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

Wallace the Brave

Heart of the City

Curtis

I really hate when Billingsley starts a story like this... which is how he always does it.

Chicken Parmigiana
Sep 12, 2007

Shut up, Elon

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Vargo posted:

Curtis

I really hate when Billingsley starts a story like this... which is how he always does it.

chutney is somehow being friendly with them probably

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Shugojin posted:

chutney is somehow being friendly with them probably

In order to get that reaction from Curtis, wouldn't it be Michelle?

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Iirc Curtis is always weird when chutney does anything

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

The Demons of Baseball

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Retail

Popcom

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Powered Descent posted:

Also, I once caught a mouse during a particularly brutal cold snap and felt a lot like Elizabeth here. So I set up a temporary mouse habitat in a rubbermaid bin to wait a day or so for the weather to warm up a bit. Yes, mice handle winter just fine, but they do that by making a nice warm nest somewhere, and I didn't want the poor little guy to freeze solid before he found a place to hunker down. Yes, I'm a big softie.

I watched my cat walk on top of the frozen snow outside my kitchen window and do a crazy dive and come up with a mouse. I only felt good for him, it's his job after all.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Mutts

Sally Forth

Skippy (April 15, 1935)

Peanuts (March 9, 1976)

Miss Peach (August 22, 1989)

Crankshaft

Mutt and Jeff

Rip Haywire

Thimble Theater (October 6, 1939)

Olive & Popeye

Out Our Way (March 31-April 2, 1941)

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

EasyEW posted:

Rip Haywire

Rip usually spins its wheels too much but every so often really nails the cartooning. :allears:

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
1980 comics

Dick Tracy

Footrot Flats

The Lockhorns

Computoon: Origins

curtadams
Mar 24, 2019

EasyEW posted:

Out Our Way (March 31-April 2, 1941)

I feel seen. I remember doing just that as a kid. And also untangling *just enough* when it didn't reach far enough.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.
In today's Blueberry Francis Dolarhyde nods in... wait, poo poo I've already done that one, or Blueberry looks a little unsteady..., or Nice hat, McGuire

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.

riderchop posted:

On The Fastrack

Holbrook's ability to torture a metaphor is unparalleled, but this takes the cake. He literally calls out a dumpster fire - can he not draw THAT instead?

Modesty Blaise: The Green-Eyed Monster

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.
Today's Valiant was really good, and then got better when I scrolled down to the third panel.
I don't think the effect would have been quite the same if I were looking at the whole thing on a page.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Garm is cool.

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
Uramachi Sakaba

Cthulhu and Girl

Breadmaster
Jun 14, 2010

goatface posted:

Garm is cool.

Well, I'd be too, at that altitude!

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Into Ilves

Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Scary Gary

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

B. Virtanen

ANSU

Fingerpori

Pappi = priest
Talouspaperi = paper towel, literally "economy paper"
Talous = economy
Talouspappi = economy priest
Vessapaperi/WC-paper = toilet paper
Vessa = toilet
Vessapappi = toilet priest
The joke is literally just "if you shorten 'paper' as 'pap.', it could also be short for 'priest'".