Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
I think this event is pretty cute. I like the character writing quite a bit. It's not quite on the level of the last Lantern Rite, but it's a step up from any of the Inazuma events.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I completely reject Amber/Eula instead of Amber/Collei. Collei/Sucrose is erasure!

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Endorph posted:

Yeah id go dehya/kaeya/sucrose/burst support chongyun or ganyu

Hrm. That's an interesting team. Would have never considered that combination. I don't mind dusting of Kaeya. He's a good pal.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Shinji2015 posted:

For me, Collei's outfit is the one that doesn't really work for the character. She's introduced to us as a sickly character with a serious illness that is covering her body with scales, yet she has an outfit that shows off most of her back and thighs. It isn't like she's open about having Eleazar, either; she hides it from the Traveler until Paimon touches her and she freaks out about it, so I don't think her design matches her backstory. She would probably cover herself up more, but since this is Genshin, her design's gotta show off at least a little skin.

It's a minor nitpick, though. I like her design otherwise; I think it's pretty cute, and up until last week she's been my only Dendro character besides DMC until I finally pulled Tighnari (:argh:) and Yaoyao, so I use her a lot.

I just assumed the scales / scars / hardened flesh were on the bits of Collei covered by cloth (arms, parts of legs, belly?) and she exposes the skin she does because of living in a (I presume hot) jungle.

However thinking about it now I really wonder why she's wearing what looks like a big woolly scarf of all things in that humidity.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Collei is cute and I wish she was worth using

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Meowywitch posted:

If using a character somehow triggered their theme song, I'd use her regardless.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Meowywitch posted:

green amber is a perfectly valid unit if you need dendro and haven't pulled the better ones. I think they also gave you at least 3 copies of her if you've been playing since 3.0

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Meowywitch posted:

I use her as the second dendro for resonance in a nilou / nahida / kokomi golden bloom team. The other 3 are pretty integral but you could sub out Collei for any other unit if you wanted. YaoYao or potentially the upcoming Kaveh also seem like decent resonance fodder.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
With a sac bow and a full constellation, Collei can put out a passive melee dendro aura pretty reliably, especially if you aim at something that's already elementally reactive.

She's no radish, but who is?

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I have her with sac bow and er sands on my keqing aggravate team and its fine

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

ninjoatse.cx posted:

I completely reject Amber/Eula instead of Amber/Collei. Collei/Sucrose is erasure!

I mean, Collei is one of the few characters whose age we can make any kind of decent guess at.
In the one, maybe two years since the manga, she's gone from a full head shorter than Amber to about the same height. Collei might have a crush, but Amber definitely thinks of herself as more of a big sister--especially in the manga. Also holy poo poo Collei was such an edgelord back then.

I mean the age thing also makes shipping her with Sucrose weird, mind you. And come to think of it while it's usually glossed over for this sort of thing, Sucrose's popular ship before this event definitely made a lot of people (not me) ship her with Collei is Albedo, and whooooo boy there's also a big age difference there. Hundreds of years, even.

--edit
Also what the hell, how were two of the first three people they thought of for "someone who would never tell a lie" two of the least honest people in the whole game?

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Captain France posted:

Also what the hell, how were two of the first three people they thought of for "someone who would never tell a lie" two of the least honest people in the whole game?
They must be very convincing liars.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I'd never lie to you, which is why you can trust me to sell this bridge for a right bargain. You're just lucky, in the right place at the right time. Or my name isn't Honest Bob Mad Duck McGee The Trustworthy.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Got a sensible chuckle out of the "At Lisa, thats as far as Cyno" pun line

I want to know what the original joke was. I listen to the Chinese dub, and for that whole joke Cyno said four words, one of which was 'Collei'.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Captain France posted:

--edit

Well, Diluc is an upstanding local businessman so he - wait, no, secret identity. Okay, so how about the opposite of Diluc?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Give all your secrets to Klee

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

RareAcumen posted:

Give all your secrets to Klee

"I'm DEFINITELY gonna put something in the box!"

"A piece of paper, right? ...a piece of paper, right?!"

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Unfortunately for collei I have Nahida... and yaoyao...and tig

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

ninjoatse.cx posted:

You know people can have multiple partners right

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

silvergoose posted:

You know people can have multiple partners right

or, and this might mark me as the weirdo, no partners at all

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

for the love of god i do not want this thread to discuss shipping

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

UHD posted:

or, and this might mark me as the weirdo, no partners at all

True!!

ReVerve
Jul 13, 2001

Select and make your first pick.

Biscuit Hider

Endorph posted:

Agreed, or else.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Is that the only location where she can kill something

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Disturbing news from the leak factory: The upcoming catgirl? Just a girl with a bow in her hair that looks like cat ears.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

haypliss posted:

Disturbing news from the leak factory: The upcoming catgirl? Just a girl with a bow in her hair that looks like cat ears.
Fake catgirls go to standard banner. Thems the rules.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

No Wave posted:

Fake catgirls go to standard banner. Thems the rules.

Dehya and Keqing nod solemnly

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
Surely Sayu is the Chairbadger of the All-Teyvat Fake Animal Girl Club.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
Picture events are cool, more pictures!

Random nice wandering person captures tree:

e: captures mountain:

valuum fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Mar 7, 2023

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Shock, the catgirl was real, but also fake :eyepop:

If she gets standard-ed hopefully they aim for a Jean level of power. If she doesn't get standard-ed hopefully she's fun to play :)

Skill infusion, or maybe dash infusion. Hopefully she's not just a shielder, cause she's got, uh, slightly tough competiton in that area.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD
The cat girl has tails and paws for feet, so I'm not sure she's fake.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Endorph posted:

Right. The only fact of this game is that Klee should be friends with everyone.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Those are definitely just shoes.

If she's going to standard as a 5* geo sword-using shielder then I feel like she'll do fine as long as they don't balance her below her 4* competition in other elements.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

I feel like some of these characters did not put a lot of thought into their piece of the prophecy before dropping their letters in the box. Like, cmon Mona, thats really all you wrote

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

haypliss posted:

Those are definitely just shoes.

If she's going to standard as a 5* geo sword-using shielder then I feel like she'll do fine as long as they don't balance her below her 4* competition in other elements.

*cries in Dehya*

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Momoka seems cute but dang could I get a geo bruiser instead

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Heizou should have been geo, turning his fists into rocks

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Petra Heizou would be pretty intriguing ngl.

ReVerve
Jul 13, 2001

Select and make your first pick.

Biscuit Hider

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Is that the only location where she can kill something

When it's raining, sure.

RareAcumen posted:

Right. The only fact of this game is that Klee should be friends with everyone.

Yep, all aboard for fish blasting!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

haypliss posted:

We knew this for a while now since one of the sketches people came up with was with a fake tail and cat ears.

And like I said back then, fake cat girl means no pulls. Specially since its another shielder. Guess more hoarding for kazuha rerun

Wait apparently her ears are fake but shes still a catgirl unless she specifically stands like a cat with her feat. would be pretty uncomfortable for a normal person

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Mar 7, 2023