Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
It's because he's a duck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PirateDentist
Mar 28, 2006

Sailing The Seven Seas Searching For Scurvy

Paladinus posted:

It's because he's a duck.

It’s a running joke no one else knows how the gently caress he does that. Everyone else who tries usually slams into the coins. Sometimes the nephews can manage it, but usually they smack beak first into them.

There was a fun storyline where Donald got paid only a few cents a day for polishing the coins, but he negotiated to select which coins they were. Since Scrooge only believes in their face value Donald delved deep to get old rare coins near the bottom.

There is a lot of lore around the money bin.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Basically the only reason Scrooge's able to be a remotely likeable character especially in this day and age is because his wealth and miserly traits are played to the most literally cartoonish extremes. And he plays fair, eventually.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

PirateDentist posted:

It’s a running joke no one else knows how the gently caress he does that. Everyone else who tries usually slams into the coins. Sometimes the nephews can manage it, but usually they smack beak first into them.

There was a fun storyline where Donald got paid only a few cents a day for polishing the coins, but he negotiated to select which coins they were. Since Scrooge only believes in their face value Donald delved deep to get old rare coins near the bottom.

There is a lot of lore around the money bin.

Want it the story where Donald crashed the whole rare coins market by unleashing all of Scrooge's forgotten reserves, until the rare coins were cheaper than their face value?

PirateDentist
Mar 28, 2006

Sailing The Seven Seas Searching For Scurvy

steinrokkan posted:

Want it the story where Donald crashed the whole rare coins market by unleashing all of Scrooge's forgotten reserves, until the rare coins were cheaper than their face value?

That one I remember was when his coin mine collapsed and he almost got crushed at the bottom of the bin.

It’s probably been 25 years since I read the big collections. So might have a few details mixed up.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
:milkie: Video Games › Would you like a FREE iPad Mini? Top scorer gets it with Moto-Sike-O X! :milkie:

Motogurl posted:

Do you like motorcycle racing??

I have a fun, challenging, high speed racing app with which we are currently running a contest to win an iPad Mini! The highest scorer by Feb. 28, 2013 takes home the prize. (U.S. contest only) Track your progress on the Leaderboard and take home the iPad Mini if you are #1 at the close of the contest!

Are you up for the challenge?

"Like" us on Facebook to stay connected and get updates here: https://www.facebook.com/leatherdaddies.

The game is currently running on iOS but very soon to be available on Android also. Follow us above on Facebook for the release date.

GET THE APP HERE: https://www.leatherdaddies.edu

Will the iPad Mini be yours?? Make it happen!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

:crossarms:

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

I don't make the rules.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Pancho Jueves
Aug 20, 2007

BEST FRIENDS!!

Tree Bucket posted:

Someone should write a list where they rank all types of fairies by how untrustworthy they are. It can be called Shifty Grades of Fey

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

some plague rats posted:

Personally while I've had some deeply stupid, embarrassing probes, nothing is going to beat 2 weeks for saying witchcraft isn't real

rydiafan posted:

If somebody wants to punish you for saying witchcraft isn't real, they can do it using witchcraft. Doing it using forum software is admitting you're right.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

PirateDentist posted:

That one I remember was when his coin mine collapsed and he almost got crushed at the bottom of the bin.

It’s probably been 25 years since I read the big collections. So might have a few details mixed up.

There's also one where Donald becomes the mayor which somehow gives him the ability to print money, which he immediately abuses until Duckburg becomes Zimbabwe and people are going around paying comically large bags with dollar signs for small bags of potatoes. Maybe that one's in the mix also.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Ghost Leviathan posted:

And he plays fair, eventually.

Over 400 pocketbooks worth of comics say otherwise.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

flavor.flv posted:

If they're going to keep making phones bigger then they have to start making jeans with bigger pockets so there'll be no more tears in denim

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Zetsubou-san posted:

one of the biggest 'oh gently caress' moments came when I realized that the reason scrooge swims in his money bin is because that is his liquid assests

:catstare:

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Paladinus posted:

I am the very model of a modern crypto criminal
I've information banking, fraud, and messages subliminal

Chris Knight posted:

I know the kings of Bitcoin, and I quote the fights to HODL
From Satoshi to Mashinsky, in order categorical

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

:perfect:

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Metroid Fitzgerald posted:

Don't you wanna know how we keep starting fires?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

A Bakers Cousin posted:

i grind-a the pepp-a

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Lobok posted:

Must be a pretty short story if he eats all the ghosts who visit him.

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

I don't think that post is anything like Larry's. It sure is gross though. Still not going to pointlessly demod him though. :shrug:

guess. which. post.

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

Jesus christ wtf

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I mean it couldn't possibly be the baby blowjob post still, that dude has got to be out of a job by now.

No, I will not click the link. You can't make me.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Baby blowjob but it's said baby buh-lowjob to the tune of Baby Beluga.

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
I wish people would stop saying those words.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Chilli's

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

guess. which. post.

When I posted in the sagas thread that I never read a single word he wrote, the guy crafted a massive essay in the mod forums on how much he hated the sagas thread

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

The Saddest Rhino posted:

When I posted in the sagas thread that I never read a single word he wrote, the guy crafted a massive essay in the mod forums on how much he hated the sagas thread

You should post it here, imo. As a funny quote.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

How do you know what the essay was about? :thunk:

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

he posted it in SAD, too. you can see it on page 5 of the "sagas thread discussion" thread

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Oh I don't mean Jeff lol

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Paladinus posted:

You should post it here, imo. As a funny quote.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

:ccb: Ask me abou having a big penis!! :ccb:

Willenstein posted:

Ask me about having a really big penis!! Not everyone has this advantage, and I just though people might want to know what it's like. I don't want to brag, but I figure a lot of goons might be wondering. I've been with a lot of women and they all say that my penis is a mighty warrior. I'm circumcised, but it is still quite big. Ask away!!

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Genuine q: why are you still a mod when your colleagues are the most bitchmade people on God's earth

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

That sure does sound like a funny quote.......

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there
Brutally funny callout by Spinz in SAD:

link

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Rust Martialis has a new favorite as of 00:43 on Mar 10, 2023

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

think you linked the wrong image

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Rust Martialis posted:

Brutally funny callout by Spinz in SAD:

link

What are you doing, dog

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer

EorayMel posted:

:ccb: Ask me abou having a big penis!! :ccb:

“but I figure a lot of goons might be wondering” is a really good own

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
SAD and QCS and Helldump before them all have the same problem of being exclusively posting about posting which is always the most petty and tedious poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Baron von Eevl posted:

SAD and QCS and Helldump before them all have the same problem of being exclusively posting about posting which is always the most petty and tedious poo poo

don't sign your posts