Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Homer is canonically 36 I think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
So, uhh, how many of you have gotten to the point in your lives when Hank Hill went from object of ridicule to ersatz role model. . .

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I thought Hank was early 40’s, but it kind of runs into the same time stuff as the Simpsons where Homer is meant to be late 30’s but the timeline doesn’t add up if he was also meant to be a parent in his early 20’s.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

You could just watch the cartoon and not pretzel yourself about continuity

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

stealie72 posted:

So, uhh, how many of you have gotten to the point in your lives when Hank Hill went from object of ridicule to ersatz role model. . .

Even as a kid I was a straight arrow and Hank's stodgy adherence to the rules was admirable. Now I wish I was as put together a person as he is. The look of sheer shock on his face during the insurance lapse episode when he realizes he missed a payment encapsulates his entire character.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

SettingSun posted:

Even as a kid I was a straight arrow and Hank's stodgy adherence to the rules was admirable. Now I wish I was as put together a person as he is. The look of sheer shock on his face during the insurance lapse episode when he realizes he missed a payment encapsulates his entire character.

Peak Hank is using WD-40 to loosen the cap of WD-40.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

SilvergunSuperman posted:

You could just watch the cartoon and not pretzel yourself about continuity

not so much pondering the continuity as loling at how dated the ages for life milestones have become as America has gone down the shitter

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

stealie72 posted:

i teach a professional sales course to executives that i modelled from the episode "grillstravaganza"

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

for the customers!

I have 85 channels at home, and none of them beats watching Hank use a crescent wrench.

A MIRACLE fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Mar 7, 2023

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

GolfHole posted:

i teach a professional sales course to executives that i modelled from the episode "grillstravaganza"

This poster probably makes six figures watching king of the hill and discussing it. A role model to us all

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

that Willie Nelson ep was weird, like a late Simpsons celebrity episode (but not as bad!)

less celebs playing themselves plz

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

im seein willie nelson here in a few weeks, and rooster boy is gonna be there too

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
the willie episode was fine, you're out of line!

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
You’ve been raking my yard with a golf club? I want my quarter back.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

Sarcasm? Well, two can play at that game. Cute baby!

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Hated a baby?!

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

SettingSun posted:

My wife and I had this experience a few months ago where we thought we had lost our house insurance because we couldn't find it on the credit card bill one night. We had transferred the payment to a different card last year and forgotten. We never lost coverage.

stealie72 posted:

I realized this about 5-7 years ago and the example that Hank sets ages like fine wine.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

stealie72 posted:

I told my mom that my dad reminded me a lot of Hank Hill. She thought I was being mean, but it was genuinely because I see Hank as a really good person.

Like Hank my dad constantly:
Works his rear end off for companies that don't appreciate him and what he sacrifices for them, and has never said a word against them, and in fact defends them,
Has a son he doesn't fully understand but has always tried his hardest to love,
Has always been completely committed to his family, and puts his family 100% first, even at cost to his own happiness,
Despite being a lifelong conservative, and avid Fox News watcher, has never fallen off the deep end into religious or racial bigotry, or inane conspiracy theories.

The list goes on and on. Do you need to build a fence or put in a garden? He's there. Need someone to drive shelter dogs to a rescue 8 hours away? Yup.

I guess what I'm saying is, I consider Bobby and myself very lucky to have dads like Hank Hill.

Raskolnikov2089 fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Mar 7, 2023

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

big same. my dad is hank hill a lot of times.. I remember when trump got nominated he said (very hank hillishly) I *can't* believe I have to vote for Hillary Clinton

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

stealie72 posted:

"you dont have to be so hanky about this"
and
"thank you for being so hanky about this"

are both leveled at me in equal turn and ferocity

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

my dad is mostly Hank Hill but sometimes he will stray a little too close to Clark Griswold

hawowanlawow fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Mar 7, 2023

Activia
Apr 13, 2022

Goal: some kind of neat moth
I’ve always wished I had a neighbor like Hank. He would be so helpful

Activia
Apr 13, 2022

Goal: some kind of neat moth
I don’t even know who my Block Captain is. Maybe the positions been vacant this whole time

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
Since I bought my own place and started having to DIY a lot I totally get Hank having a story about the screws in the hinges of his front door.

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

stealie72 posted:

He has a career he's passionate about, a wife he loves dearly, and friends he cares deeply about (and they him). He's active in his community. His relationship with his son needs work, but nobody's perfect.

We should all strive to be more like Hank.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

GolfHole posted:

I hope the main technique you teach is to hand customers pamphlets then show them the door.

Activia posted:

I don’t even know who my Block Captain is. Maybe the positions been vacant this whole time

Pretty chilling to contemplate.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

i'm 38 and identify heavily with both hank and homer

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Chuck Mangione is the only guest star this show ever needed

Disco Godfather
May 31, 2011

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

Do I look like I know what a jpeg is??

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
peggy sucks

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

It’s a great feeling.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

20 Blunts posted:

peggy sucks

u suck

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
So help me the only thing keeping me from wishing a pox on your house is that your house is located right next to my house, and I dont want to pox to spread!

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

20 Blunts posted:

peggy sucks

objectively wrong

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".
She’s an amazing character in a TV show but hell if I’d ever want to interact with her. Hank is a special kind of dude to be married to that

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

For a person in your life she'd be not very fun to know, but for a TV character she's a very entertaining and well-actualized encapsulation of a certain kind of delusional self confidence

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I like the episode where she kidnapped that kid in Mexico, and how her lawyer got her acquitted by having her address the court in Spanish.