Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012

kazil posted:

just gonna longpost through it

Even if the "he told HR he couldn't type" bit is true, this man knows that speech to text is a real thing, right?

Actually, he genuinely might not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
KFC released a one of a kind Double Down with this goose.

Scorchy
Jul 15, 2006

Smug Statement: Elementary, my dear meatbag.
Cool, just casually implying that disabled people can't get words into a computer, therefore can't do work and are useless.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Data Graham posted:

"led team to accomplish X" really means "played Solitaire while all my engineers did X"

That's because, like most Republicans, when they bitch like this, they're projecting.

Elon thinks the guy did this, because Elon, himself, does this.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
My God this is insane

What an rear end in a top hat

Worst boss ever on the planet

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

IBroughttheFunk posted:

Even if the "he told HR he couldn't type" bit is true, this man knows that speech to text is a real thing, right?

Someone probably had to convince him that saying "turn left", "speed up", "brake" etc. was not a good control mechanism for a car.

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
If we taunted enough he may release a video of himself typing with his feet

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

IBroughttheFunk posted:

More specifically, speech to text would be useful for a high-level manager and design guy who is running a team to send emails and write up documents, but not for a coder who needs to use a lot of special characters.

So once Elon starts making huge cuts, all of a sudden this guy who was in charge of a team is expected to start coding again.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Scorchy posted:

Cool, just casually implying that disabled people can't get words into a computer, therefore can't do work and are useless.

I think we can all agree that people with muscular dystrophy have had it too easy for too long

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
At the end of the day you're appealing to a piece of shits sense of fair play, who takes any courtesy or emotion as an opening for attack.

Assume that's a well known thing across the media and pointing it out doesn't matter

"This exposes the double standard in..." And?

Assume politicians don't care about being shown up for lying.

Assume all these things we already know as fact, and it makes no difference pointing out.

What is the next tactic.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Pitchforks and flaming torches.

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

space uncle posted:

I’m guessing Musk will hope that either this guy dies or Twitter dies before he has to pay out the severance. Will likely pay more to outside counsel to gently caress with the guy than just paying him.

Although who knows what the laws are like in Iceland. There’s only like 1000 people on that island so maybe the guy can ask his neighbor the President or King Judge or whatever to haul Twitter into Reykjavik court and own him quickly.
Would it even get heard in Iceland though? Would it not depend on where the jurisdiction of the contract lies, rather than where the contractor happens to be resident?

Musk infamously got away with calling that British bloke "pedo guy" (claiming it was common SA parlance lol) and that went through the US courts, not UK.

The guy has had enough incidences where courts & juries have sided with him in defiance of logic and reason to feel emboldened enough to behave the way he does. I want to be able to laugh at how big a hole he keeps on digging with his tweets, but the sad reality is that the Icelandic guy probably won't get anywhere with his lawsuit, should it happen, he'll just be added to the pile of people who have been royally hosed over with no consequence by Musk.

I would echo the point that if there's anythiing worse than his behaviour - and that's saying something - it's the legion of stans who are just as eager to dogpile on people they personally have no issue with, until Elon did. Twitter really just needs to die for the good of humanity.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
"from what I've been told" doing a lot of loving work there

And if anything it just makes this whole saga worse, because he's basically admitting that he decided to treat an employee like poo poo, in public, based on nothing more than hearsay.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

GreenBuckanneer posted:

That's because, like most Republicans, when they bitch like this, they're projecting.

Elon thinks the guy did this, because Elon, himself, does this.

Now that Scott Dilbert is a pariah I feel that it is admissible to illustrate this with a strip from back when he wasn't yet insane:

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

Piss Creep posted:

At the end of the day you're appealing to a piece of shits sense of fair play, who takes any courtesy or emotion as an opening for attack.

Assume that's a well known thing across the media and pointing it out doesn't matter

"This exposes the double standard in..." And?

Assume politicians don't care about being shown up for lying.

Assume all these things we already know as fact, and it makes no difference pointing out.

What is the next tactic.
This is just the worst, and totally true. What can you do when everything that should work, and should matter, doesn't?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Singing la Marseillaise and overturning cars

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

goatface posted:

Pitchforks and flaming torches.

Yeah it would be funny if ol musky is the catalyst that really gets society fired up to destroy billionaires as being a thing. Just by being the worst person who puts every stupid thought online 24/7

It won't happen but I can dream.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Amazed that these were the two top replies and not the Musk Brigade

I wonder how long until their suspensions

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012
What a guy. Has zero issue attacking people who are rescuing children from a cave or are building accessibility ramps all across their home country. Meanwhile, as soon as PatriotFart1488 has an issue with the number of views they're getting, you better believe he'll bend over backwards.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
Thank gently caress Musk can't run for President.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

Lmao. After the first replies there was a comment with a content warning for being Offensive Content. I clicked into it expecting some foul poo poo. Instead its just one guy going "Elon is so dumb".

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

IBroughttheFunk posted:

We better introduce him to it slowly or else he'll think s2t is a sentient AI poised to destroy the universe

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

E the Shaggy posted:

What if Mat Gaetz adopts him

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

E the Shaggy posted:

It's a shame, actually, because he would get mega-annihilated

Did you see when Zuck was thinking about running for office?

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:

E the Shaggy posted:

he'd spend more money and get less votes than Bloomberg. at least he could answer a simple question without going "uhh...well...uhh..." for 2 minutes

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I mean, it sucks that this guy got ratfucked and is going to get harassed by Elon's bootlickers, but at least it sounds like he's got the means and motive to actually carry a lawsuit to term. He makes a worse enemy for Elon than the staffers who were not on a "do not fire" list and cannot afford to wait out all his stalling tactics.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

kazil posted:

Oh, I don't know. Nobody likes Zuck. Elon could pull votes from millions of people whose vague awareness of the outside world amounts to "my neighbor bought a car from the techno superhero who is taking us to Mars"

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

kazil posted:

Everyone knows Zuck is a lizardperson tho. There are actually people out there who think Musk is a stable genius with all the best words

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Can't believe elon musk is pissed that some guy he thinks isn't working is posting on twitter all day.

...by posting on Twitter all day, ostensibly instead of working.

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:

Data Graham posted:

Oh, I don't know. Nobody likes Zuck. Elon could pull votes from millions of people whose vague awareness of the outside world amounts to "my neighbor bought a car from the techno superhero who is taking us to Mars"

maybe in 2016 he could've, not post-"pedo guy" and certainly not post whatever the gently caress he's doing now

seriously bring this dude up in a mixed crowd pretty much every single person I know either absolutely hates him or is completely insane

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
My money is with China 2026

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1633172430595436564

Dig up stupid

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

We are watching, in real-time, a billionaire turn into a corncob

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
whats is the time period for this meltdown and what is the general time of his posts?

Its been 48hrs at least and is he posting at like 3AM or during "work hours"? has it been an even stream plotting out how he could have only slept X hours in 3 days

Wee fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Mar 7, 2023

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Elon definitely got away with so much that's why he ended up not buying Twitter at an insanely inflated price.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

kw0134 posted:

Elon definitely got away with so much that's why he ended up not buying Twitter at an insanely inflated price.

He hosed with other rich people in that case. This guy he fired is also rich so maybe.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Piss Creep posted:

whats is the time period for this meltdown and what is the general time of his posts?

Its been 48hrs at least and is he posting at like 3AM or during "work hours"? has it been an even stream plotting out how he could have only slept X hours in 3 days

he does a lot of drugs

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

E the Shaggy posted:

He hosed with other rich people in that case. This guy he fired is also rich so maybe.

Best case scenario for this guy is in a year or two after twitter goes under he gets his money as a I assume secured creditor since the company was bought by twitter. I don't see him getting paid otherwise Elon is such a spiteful rear end in a top hat and he is from Iceland a tiny country. Has anyone gotten paid their severance yet? I haven't hears anything about that.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
What the gently caress is this even trying to say? Who the gently caress got outed as a huge piece of poo poo by women and then went "woke"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!"
Elon thinks the rest of the world are NPCs. There's not much to unpack from that quote. He thinks he's made a clever observation about a species he desperately wants to understand.