Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
Remember when anything mattered? Me neither

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
I don't know about you but I was literally not born the last time words meant things

dispatch_async
Nov 28, 2014

Imagine having the time to have played through 20 generations of one family in The Sims 2. Imagine making the original two members of that family Neil Buchanan and Cat Deeley. Imagine complaining to Maxis there was no technological progression. You've successfully imagined my life

90s Cringe Rock posted:

remember when theresa may was a monstrously evil home secretary

Labour spent most of that time attacking her from the right, complaining that she wasn't "getting a grip" on human rights gone mad

Apparently even Braverman isn't right wing enough for them now

https://twitter.com/SKinnock/status/1633075254850379776

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:
"Labour is talking about small boats because they don't want us to realize they're trying to bring over big ships"

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Some of us like our ships big, stop kinkshaming

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

notaspy posted:

Some of us like our ships big, stop kinkshaming

Hoping that science can get you that 30' tall gf, king

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
has anyone proposed going full australia and using the falklands as concentration camp islands instead of flying people off to rwanda

i'm available for consulting, any cabinet members reading. or shadow cabinet, i don't discriminate

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

Quotey posted:

has anyone proposed going full australia and using the falklands as concentration camp islands instead of flying people off to rwanda

i'm available for consulting, any cabinet members reading. or shadow cabinet, i don't discriminate

yeah, the tories

wasn't the falklands though

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

the Falklands are super guarded because they are terrified of Argentinians settling there and wanting to leave the UK

like even as a Brit you can't get in for a permanent stay easily

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/MikeGapes/status/1632985455514865665

no way this motherfucker's name is really Mike Gapes

dispatch_async
Nov 28, 2014

Imagine having the time to have played through 20 generations of one family in The Sims 2. Imagine making the original two members of that family Neil Buchanan and Cat Deeley. Imagine complaining to Maxis there was no technological progression. You've successfully imagined my life
https://twitter.com/RishiSunak/status/1633158789103747072

hmmm

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

It really is very funny how they pick photos when they don't like somebody

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

loquacius posted:

lmao

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

who the gently caress is trying to move to britain

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

that reads like the uk has a modern slavery system

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

very pro business to suggest that victims of slavery have no protections

das hipster
Mar 7, 2005

So illegal immigrants are considered to have surrendered their basic human rights and it's cool to enslave them if they enter Britain illegally? Cause I'm not certain how else to parse that line. I mean, I knew things were grim in the old mother country but goddam dudes.

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
denied access to our modern slavery system? that's brutal. the goblin taskmasters know exactly the right spots to hit and are honestly quite funny

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

das hipster posted:

So illegal immigrants are considered to have surrendered their basic human rights and it's cool to enslave them if they enter Britain illegally? Cause I'm not certain how else to parse that line. I mean, I knew things were grim in the old mother country but goddam dudes.

Yeah pretty much, fun times innit.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
so i heard you guys dont have vegetables anymore how the gently caress does that happen in a 'first world' country

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

das hipster posted:

I can't find the bill itself but I found https://www.gov.uk/government/news/ground-breaking-new-laws-to-stop-the-boats which says

quote:

Anyone illegally entering the UK will be prevented from accessing the UK’s world-leading modern slavery support or abusing these laws to block their removal. Any other challenges or human rights claims can also only be heard after removal, remotely.

[...]

Modern slavery - modern slavery referrals for those who come to the UK illegally will be disqualified under public order grounds under the terms of the international anti-trafficking treaty, ECAT.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

euphronius posted:

that reads like the uk has a modern slavery system

they have prisons

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

i hope britain sinks beneath the waves. sorry lads i know that's harsh on most of you, but that's just how it'll have to be

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

im not even sure what prompted that post the most: the slavery post or seeing the congratulatory posts by dead-eyed labour ghouls under that mike gapes post

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Al-Saqr posted:

so i heard you guys dont have vegetables anymore how the gently caress does that happen in a 'first world' country

Vegetables are woke

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

gonadic io posted:

It really is very funny how they pick photos when they don't like somebody

Hell, same.

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

im from the bad post police, and i'm afraid i have bad news

Microplastics posted:

Vegetables are woke

tomatoes and lettuce are woke. turnips are embracing patriotic great British cuisine.

also yeah the uk hasn’t been ‘first world’ for a while in the uh, traditional sense of the guy on the street being well off (was it ever? was any country ever? who knows)

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

loquacius posted:

Not reading it but probably just says "I'm a oval office"

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

90s Cringe Rock posted:

remember not being old enough to know things

i spent like 2016-2020 drunk nearly every night

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Shadow Chancellor Balls, Mike Gapes......UK politicians are just making up a fake names like a prank caller.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
are sunaks parents alive? i wonder how they feel about him

das hipster
Mar 7, 2005

Oh so if they want to keep their basic human rights they better gently caress off and do it somewhere else. I'm not sure that counts as an improvement.

Shogi
Nov 23, 2004

distant Pohjola
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7yoLarLDMk

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
"You can't make spurious human rights claims"

- We don't give a poo poo if you got tortured, or will be when you get back.

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

Well on the bright side I can’t see this law lasting long in its proposed form, there’s just no way Tory donors will lie down and accept their slaves being deported

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
They're called au pair and they're enshrined in law

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Tory's taking a dive cos they want out before the poo poo hits the fan. You haven't seen the bottom yet.

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

im from the bad post police, and i'm afraid i have bad news
https://twitter.com/louisajamesitv/status/1633156203701485568?s=46&t=t5tiuHEdU31jr3-QGztGWg

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
will kier be up to the task of stopping this oval office?